• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Smady

Smash Master
If K. Rool gets in, you know the art is going to be better than anything we can make. That is saying something considering the amazing renders being posted.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Does K. Rool have no tail or is it like, really stubby?
Either way sign me up for this guy!

Kickback

Smash Cadet
I really hope King K is in smash U/ 3ds although I fear the worst( feels like the big N has put the Kibosh on him) Smash really needs more Bad Guy`s and K.rool is one of the best ones in the Nintendo library of villains. I would like to be added to the kutthroats

Also have a moveset for his specials:

regular special crown throw: throws his crown in a similar fashion as DKC a fast low to the ground projectile

up special cannon ball jump: launches his body upwards upwards like a mario/luigi jump (no cannon balls will come falling when he lands)

forward special crock march: charges at the oponent in a similar fashion as DKC after you hit him on the head

Down special Kaptain K.rool: works similar to zero suit Samus/sheik a folding screens pops up and falls over to reveal him dressed as Kaptain K.rool

Kaptain K regular special Blunderbuss: Fires regular cannon balls, spiked cannon balls, Barrels( can contain items ore explode) and sometimes (although not often) the special gas/clouds ore whaterver they are called the one that can stop reverse controlls and slowdown.

Kaptain K. forward special Blunderthrust: pulls the blonderbuss behind him fires and propells him forward

Kaptain K up special Screech: grabs hold of screech who fly`s upwards but will soon loose altitude as K.rool weighs alot more then he can carry

Final Smash:

Alt 1: summons Cardboard K.rool(from the N64 ghost level) in the backround that shoots lazers at the opponents

Alt 2: Kaptain K.rool (if K.rool is in his King suit he auto changes) Fires alot of bouncing spike cannon balls and Gas/clouds at the opponents at a faster pace then if he used his regular blunderbuss attack

Alt 3: Summons Kackle who moves about the stage sends opponents flying if they touch him

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I think I'd be alright with either version of K. Rool, though I'm fairly certain they'll mix the two together. Honestly, the newer version of K. Rool just needs his golden belly and a scalier complexion, because I, personally, like his more contemporary proportions better than the Rare model (Iknowit'sblasphemepleasedon'tkillme).

How would everyone feel if King K. Rool had his Jungle Climber "Zelda VA Reject" voice in SSB4? I don't have an audio clip handy...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
He needs to have his voice clip from the original DKC trilogy. Or at least the sound he makes when he is hurt, it is so derpy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The main differences between the older designs are
- The Golden Belly (absent in post-Rare design)
- His Rare design doesn't have claws on his hands.
- The tail is absent in the new one.
- His Krown is noticeably smaller in his new look.

Morbi

Scavenger
The King K. Rool design that I would be most comfortable with...

It honestly doesn't matter as long as he isn't his Super Sluggers variant.

Last edited:

Reila

The one design I am most comfortable with is his Kaptain K. Rool costume :awesome:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The King K. Rool design that I would be most comfortable with...

It honestly doesn't matter as long as he isn't his Super Sluggers variant.
I dunno I kinda liked the Super Sluggers look, he pulled it off nicely.
He looks good in most of his outfits.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Changing the subject a little, what would K. Rool's stage entrance be?

I've never seen a K. Rool design I didn't like, so it would take an extreme amount of effort to wreck K. Rool in Smash for me.
Removing his bloodshot eye would immediately wreck him for me. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Reila

I personally don't like any of his post-N64 designs, so I am hoping Sakurai is wise enough to use his Rare design for Smash 4.

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa ; Gangplank Galleon seems like the most obvious choice, although I would love if his entrance stage was The Flying Krock.

Last edited:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman

Removing his bloodshot eye would immediately wreck him for me. *shrugs*

....well, TV show aside, It would take a lot. (I'm just going to go ahead and assume they'll leave the eye nice and diseased :chuckle:).

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
He... crashes his Flying Barrel from Barrel Blast?
He... breaks out of the giant egg from DKC3?
He... Copters onto the Stage?
He's... flung onto the Stage and stops himself with a Clu-Clu Land pole?

Reila

Wut. Somehow I managed to read stage entrance as home stage. Forget what I said about The Flying Krock.

I think his stage entrance should be him jumping out of nowhere and pounding the ground, referencing his jumps in DKC.

I have no idea. lol

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Personally I'd be fine with the redesign (it's still King K. Rool, so I'll be happy) but I do prefer Rare's interpretation as it made him a bit more distinct to me, particularly when it came to the tail and golden belly.

I agree with the Flying Krock idea with have him come down the ladder from it and then showboat a little before starting the battle.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Here's my K. Rool moveset (specials only):
B: Kannonball
Pulls out Blunderbuss and shoots one cannonball. Cannonball stays on the ground for a moment, then turns spiky. Can be picked up.
Side B: Krown Boomerang
Throws crown boomerang forward.
Up B: Kopter
Flies upwards on the copter. Does rapid damage.
Down B: Klaptrap Kommand
Releases a Klaptrap. Clings onto opponents, slowing them down.
Final Smash: Kredits
K. Rool falls down and plays dead. Credits scroll across the screen, and each character, except for King K. Rool, taunts three times, leaving them very vulnerable to a smash attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If K.Rool has different stances as King, Kaptain and Baron I´d like to see different entrances from all of them. Doubt that we´d get K.Rool in like that, so can´t really decide on an entrance, just wanna see him make it in. Am hoping they are gonna reveal Diddy soon, as his early reveal gives room for more DKC characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I agree with the Flying Krock idea with have him come down the ladder from it and then showboat a little before starting the battle.
For some reason, after reading this, I began to imagine K. Rool doing Snake's Final Smash with his blunderbuss.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He could have a Final Smash similar to that actually, but with his pirate ship and canonballs.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
I'd absolutely love the showboating entrance, but you could also have him leap on to the stage and cause a small shockwave - it's surprising we don't have an entrance like that in Smash for heavyweights yet, and it fits well with Rool's attack pattern in the first DKC game.

Smady

Smash Master
It's sad that King Dedede already has an entrance utilizing the Waddle Dees, because K. Rool could very well have had a similar entrance using the Kremlings. He'd be carried into the fight on top of a group of them, jumping off and taunting, or maybe being so heavy they're forced to let go. It wouldn't necessarily be comical, more a presentation of how cruel he is as a character. It'd also be nice because the Kremlings don't have any place in K. Rool's moveset (he doesn't need them for potential) but they would more than deserve to be in his set in some way, much like how the Kongs' entrances use the DK barrel.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's sad that King Dedede already has an entrance utilizing the Waddle Dees, because K. Rool could very well have had a similar entrance using the Kremlings. He'd be carried into the fight on top of a group of them, jumping off and taunting, or maybe being so heavy they're forced to let go. It wouldn't necessarily be comical, more a presentation of how cruel he is as a character. It'd also be nice because the Kremlings don't have any place in K. Rool's moveset (he doesn't need them for potential) but they would more than deserve to be in his set in some way, much like how the Kongs' entrances use the DK barrel.
Well there's no reason they couldn't have a similar entrance, unless people will start complaining about entrance clones. :laugh: Our King could be carried in by some Kremlings who are struggling to carry him, before they eventually tire out and get crushed by him, it fits his cruel nature. :troll:

Smady

Smash Master
Well there's no reason they couldn't have a similar entrance, unless people will start complaining about entrance clones. :laugh: Our King could be carried in by some Kremlings who are struggling to carry him, before they eventually tire out and get crushed by him, it fits his cruel nature. :troll:
I love that they could get crushed by him. Perhaps in a cartoon-y fashion they get flattened and dispersed by the King's grand weight.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I love that they could get crushed by him. Perhaps in a cartoon-y fashion they get flattened and dispersed by the King's grand weight.
Of course The King needs to be at maximum girth for his new fighting debut.
Show that new DK Villain who's the biggest and the best.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So, I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but apparently tomorrow on the Nintendo of America twitter they're having Cranky take over and answer questions for the day: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/435558781972643840

It might not mean much, but I was thinking that we could maybe use this to get a bit of an idea as to K. Rool's standing. It won't affect SSB4 at all considering at this point the roster's finalized, but if we direct a bunch of K. Rool related questions at the hashtag, perhaps we could maybe get some sort of response as to how the dev team (in the guise of Cranky) feel about K. Rool and the Kremlings or at least make Nintendo more aware that there's a large part of the fanbase that avidly wants K. Rool and his kronies to return.

Not exactly the most solid way of getting the point across, but hey, it can't hurt right?

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
So, I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but apparently tomorrow on the Nintendo of America twitter they're having Cranky take over and answer questions for the day: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/435558781972643840

It might not mean much, but I was thinking that we could maybe use this to get a bit of an idea as to K. Rool's standing. It won't affect SSB4 at all considering at this point the roster's finalized, but if we direct a bunch of K. Rool related questions at the hashtag, perhaps we could maybe get some sort of response as to how the dev team (in the guise of Cranky) feel about K. Rool and the Kremlings or at least make Nintendo more aware that there's a large part of the fanbase that avidly wants K. Rool and his kronies to return.

Not exactly the most solid way of getting the point across, but hey, it can't hurt right?
You'll look pathetic. I don't recommend doing this.

It's probably not even a dev team member, just some marketer they hired.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

.......... I like it. I'm in.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This is and has been a great thread... but sadly I've really started to accept that K.Rool has little hope of being playable.

The reveals so far have shown that Sakurai is mostly interested in keeping the Smash roster up to date with modern releases. That surely makes Dixie by far the most likely inclusion (if she wasn't already before we saw this pattern).

And when I'm being honest, I just can't see two new DK characters making it in. Especially when the second one hasn't been in a game for seven years.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is and has been a great thread... but sadly I've really started to accept that K.Rool has little hope of being playable.

The reveals so far have shown that Sakurai is mostly interested in keeping the Smash roster up to date with modern releases. That surely makes Dixie by far the most likely inclusion (if she wasn't already before we saw this pattern).

And when I'm being honest, I just can't see two DK characters making it in. Especially when the second one hasn't been in a game for seven years.
That would be woefully unfortunate (as you seem to agree). K Rool inherently brings much more to the table as a Smash fighter than Dixie does, whether paired with Diddy or not.

There are other factors at play, however, beside recency and modern relevance. Popular demand and requests (in the East and West), viability as a Smash fighter, prominence in their series of origin, adding heretofore essential characters to complete the roster (supporting cast, villains, new series and IPs)...

K Rool has nothing going for him when it comes to recency. But he has a lot backing him in terms of overall series relevance, Smash viability, and demand***. If K Rool is to make the cut, he'll have to bank on these latter factors (even though, as you note, all Newcomers thus far have had titles in recent years).

***At least, I'm pretty sure K Rool has a lot of demand. I have no sources, but perhaps others can chime in with the numbers.

Top Bottom