• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So, do you guys think K. Rool is important enough to the Donkey Kong series as a whole to get in Smash? Because I don't think Dixie will get in since Sakurai obviously wants uniqueness and importance to their own series. So do you think Cranky will get in over K. Rool? Kinda scares me thinking that K. Rool might not get in.
Well I think that K. Rool is the most important DK character not yet in Smash, so it would be downright idiotic to add Cranky Kong in over K. Rool. Cranky only has recency on his side, he isn't even very unique.

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
So, do you guys think K. Rool is important enough to the Donkey Kong series as a whole to get in Smash? Because I don't think Dixie will get in since Sakurai obviously wants uniqueness and importance to their own series. So do you think Cranky will get in over K. Rool? Kinda scares me thinking that K. Rool might not get in.
How is Dixie Kong not important to her series? I really want K. Rool too but I'm getting pretty tired of people acting like he's more important when he isn't really. They're about the same, and whilst I don't think she's got as much going for her in terms of uniqueness as K. Rool she's most certainly still got potential.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you believe me if I say Tropical Freeze takes up 11 GB.
Yeah.

I'd also ask where you got that info.

Regardless, that Walrus isn't K.Rool. He's his own thing.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
How is Dixie Kong not important to her series? I really want K. Rool too but I'm getting pretty tired of people acting like he's more important when he isn't really. They're about the same, and whilst I don't think she's got as much going for her in terms of uniqueness as K. Rool she's most certainly still got potential.
I meant I think K. Rool and Cranky would probably get in over Dixie for uniqueness. But Dixie is important to Donkey Kong of course.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Dixie Kong is important to the series, as much as Diddy Kong. Rool, in my opinion, is as important as both and the fact he still isn't in SSB is baffling. He is DK's Bowser, Link and Zelda's Ganondorf, etc. Also, does Sakurai really want uniqueness that much? I mean, characters like Wolf and Toon Link are all but unique (I am not saying they are clones, but they are not unique either). What I am saying is, both Dixie and K. Rool are important and deserve to be playable characters in SSB.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Official art of the smowmad leader:

Could this guy be K. Rool in another disguise? Diskuss
If he is, it will definitely boost K. Rool's chances.
The only hope of that being king k rool is thats a costume

But really I think its just a walrus as bigger than 2 sumo wrestlers

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I meant I think K. Rool and Cranky would probably get in over Dixie for uniqueness. But Dixie is important to Donkey Kong of course.
I've said it before, but aside from his cane bounce I don't think Cranky has anything going for him. He'll never get in over those two. Yes, he's old, but that doesn't make him unique, it just gives him a standout appearance when compared to the rest of the Smash Bros. cast.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not sure it will help but this looks like a good comparison of the 2 (not made by me)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zg7yn6&s=8#.UvfH5n-9KSM

I guess its possible its a costume I mean his toes are the only things incorrect but the disguise shoes could have pads in the toes area to hide his pointy toes

But its most likely just another new DKC villian

However if the boss fight of the leader in the exact same form (all shadowy not showing his face nor body) thats a big hint for disguise because the second fight could be unshadowed and the leader looks like a goofy costume

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Not sure it will help but this looks like a good comparison of the 2 (not made by me)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zg7yn6&s=8#.UvfH5n-9KSM

I guess its possible its a costume I mean as for the feat could be shoes with pads to smooth his toes to hide is pointy toes
The body shape is very similar, plus we need to have in mind that some characters are slightly redesigned in the modern DKC series.

Still not believing K. Rool is the walrus, though. I don't want to be disappointed. xD

D

Deleted member

Perhaps the walrus is actually K. Rool's brother.

....don't ask me to explain the logic of how a crocodile and a walrus can be siblings......

D

Deleted member

Is "Walhalla" really his name? That actually sounds pretty cool.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Is "Walhalla" really his name? That actually sounds pretty cool.
Indeed. Walhalla for SSB4!
What's that? A Diddy and Dixie tag-team, you say?

Sorry to crush your dreams, but you're gonna be disappointed when they reveal the Walhalla the Walnorse and King K Rool tag-team in this week's TF Direct. ;)

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Where did the name 'Walhalla' come from? Some interview?

Anyways, anyone think there's a chance we might see some vague photo of Diddy on some wooden ship stage this week? One that is sure to send speculation through the roof?

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Just imagine a trailer where Donkey and the gang are fighting the Snowmads with the leader watching over them, and then after about 20 seconds you see a zipper on the guy which he pulls down and reveals himself to be Tingle K. Rool.

That would be pretty hype.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 : That would be awesome. It's really weird that we haven't gotten a Donkey Kong stage yet. Hopefully that means they've got something more interesting than a jungle cooked up for us.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Where did the name 'Walhalla' come from? Some interview?

Anyways, anyone think there's a chance we might see some vague photo of Diddy on some wooden ship stage this week? One that is sure to send speculation through the roof?
I made it up just now. I have a propensity for the crafting of fitting nicknames, as you may come to find. ;)

I also doubt that they'd show a "vague photo" of any character, whether veteran or newcomer. If Diddy is to be shown in a Miiverse pic this week, he's going to be front and center, complete with an update to the character page on the official Smash site, receiving the same treatment that all post-E3 veterans have. It's highly unlikely that Diddy will be shown off to the side in some new stage, and that Sakurai draws little to no attention to the circumspect simian.

Now, if you want to send Diddy speculation through the roof, better to just show the new stage on its own (maybe a 3DS DK stage, to balance out the Wii U Kid Icarus stage revealed recently). Or better yet, show a shot of a singular banana peel on the ground as unrelated characters duke it out. Something along these more subtle lines would work best to hype up an impending Diddy (+DK Newcomer(s)) reveal, I'd say.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've said it before, but aside from his cane bounce I don't think Cranky has anything going for him. He'll never get in over those two. Yes, he's old, but that doesn't make him unique, it just gives him a standout appearance when compared to the rest of the Smash Bros. cast.
Sometimes aesthetic diversity prevails (such as in the case of Roy and Falco). I don't necessarily believe it applies as Cranky wouldn't necessarily be a clone, but you never know. He does offer something that the rest of the cast doesn't.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I also doubt that they'd show a "vague photo" of any character, whether veteran or newcomer. If Diddy is to be shown in a Miiverse pic this week, he's going to be front and center, complete with an update to the character page on the official Smash site, receiving the same treatment that all post-E3 veterans have. It's highly unlikely that Diddy will be shown off to the side in some new stage, and that Sakurai draws little to no attention to the circumspect simian.
Even though I thought it was obvious that the Phantom was an AT, and analysis of Zelda's AT-summoning pose from Brawl has proven this 99.9% correct, I'd say that qualified as a vague photo for Zelda. Though yeah, whatever new stage there is will probably get shown off later, though hopefully sooner; we haven't had a fully-fledged new one shown off since Mario Galaxy (a Palutena statue =/= "shown off").

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Even though I thought it was obvious that the Phantom was an AT, and analysis of Zelda's AT-summoning pose from Brawl has proven this 99.9% correct, I'd say that qualified as a vague photo for Zelda. Though yeah, whatever new stage there is will probably get shown off later, though hopefully sooner; we haven't had a fully-fledged new one shown off since Mario Galaxy (a Palutena statue =/= "shown off").
Zelda's first picture reveal was an official announcement, though; the Phantom picture only came afterward in the Smash site update. My point was that if Diddy were to be revealed, his first Pic of the Day would invariably be a front-and-center veteran announcement. I see what you mean with vague allusions, though (hence my banana peel suggestion).

And yeah, Palutena's Temple hasn't really been shown off. But it has been confirmed. I could similarly see a DK-themed 3DS stage be "confirmed" this week, if we're to expect more DK material. I'm with you on wanting to get more info on stages, though, since the layouts of many stages remain ambiguous.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just imagine a trailer where Donkey and the gang are fighting the Snowmads with the leader watching over them, and then after about 20 seconds you see a zipper on the guy which he pulls down and reveals himself to be Tingle K. Rool.

That would be pretty hype.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 : That would be awesome. It's really weird that we haven't gotten a Donkey Kong stage yet. Hopefully that means they've got something more interesting than a jungle cooked up for us.
That would be hilarious and plus if this was real and before donkey country tropical freeze was release the diddy next rumor is toast

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Zelda's first picture reveal was an official announcement, though; the Phantom picture only came afterward in the Smash site update. My point was that if Diddy were to be revealed, his first Pic of the Day would invariably be a front-and-center veteran announcement. I see what you mean with vague allusions, though (hence my banana peel suggestion).
Actually, the Phantom was in her initial set of 10 pictures, which was why it is subject to much debate.

Regardless, I agree that Diddy probably wouldn't be revealed so vaguely, he hasn't done it with other veteran characters so I don't think he'd pull a stunt like that with Diddy.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Actually, the Phantom was in her initial set of 10 pictures, which was why it is subject to much debate.

Regardless, I agree that Diddy probably wouldn't be revealed so vaguely, he hasn't done it with other veteran characters so I don't think he'd pull a stunt like that with Diddy.
That's what I meant. The set of photos released on the official Smash site just after Zelda's initial Miiverse announcement. Apologies for the confusion, if there was any.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Am I the only one not expecting a Diddy reveal and then a DK newcomer reveal? I can see one or the other, but that's a lot of DK at once. Wait, was there a gap between Luigi and Peach?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Regarding K Rool possibly being the villain of Tropical Freeze.. after going up to outer space on a planet full of banana people (Plantaen) and turning into a fire breathing Godzilla sized version of himself and getting defeated, THEN tied to the end of a spaceship via a rope and drug across outer space back to his own planet... yeah, I probably wouldn't hire my usual minions all over again after THAT level of failure. I'd probably go absent for a while, let Donkey Kong defeat some other villains that might challenge me (Tiki Tak Tribe) and then dress up like a viking so that I could convince other vikings to engage in a hostile freeze-over.

I do not EXPECT K. Rool to be in Smash, but he would be icing on the cake!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, on topic, aside from K. Rool potentially being shown off after an original trilogy rerelease on the Virtual Console, are there any other conceivable scenarios where he'd be shown off this month?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So, on topic, aside from K. Rool potentially being shown off after an original trilogy rerelease on the Virtual Console, are there any other conceivable scenarios where he'd be shown off this month?
Hard to say, though it's also hard to even see the original DKC trilogy (assuming that's what you're referring to) being put on one of the virtual consoles again with how they abruptly got taken off the Wii's without any notice in advance.

While I want K.Rool to be in the Tropical Freeze somehow, and the twist with him being Walhalla would be pretty clever I don't actually want him to be the head boss of the group. Why? The Snowmads are actually decent villains. They don't need K. Rool. They have a great design and pretty unique motivation on their own. They're the exact opposite of the Tikis.

And it goes without saying I want K .Rool in the Smash Bros.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I personally want to see both a DK64 release for the VC, and K. Rool being revealed then. :) The original trilogy works too, though, DKC is my favorite DK game of all time.

As long as K. Rool gets in, that's all that matters to me. Reveal him however you want, Sakurai.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I personally want to see both a DK64 release for the VC, and K. Rool being revealed then. :) The original trilogy works too, though, DKC is my favorite DK game of all time.
well, both DKC and DK64 was used for the marketing of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D in a trailer;

.. Nintendo knows that those games are highly requested for the Virtual Console... but, maybe they're planning for later. (I just found odd they announce DS games for VC and not yet 64, lolz).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nintendo's pretty much always had their priorities mixed up when it comes to VC releases, to be fair, and the M$/Rare shenanigans is always something to consider or be concerned about over the possibility of them re-releasing DK64 and the like. Thankfully, I still have my yellow cartridge, which can still be fun to play again and stuff when you got friends around.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That's what I meant. The set of photos released on the official Smash site just after Zelda's initial Miiverse announcement. Apologies for the confusion, if there was any.
Oh, sorry. I completely misinterpreted what you meant.

Btw, I forgot to say this earlier, welcome to the boards!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is the last time I'm mention the snowmad leader but

I discovered something that might give everyone a heartattack

http://i.imgur.com/qqqb4DO.jpg

Look at his arm near the horn by his hand correct me if I. Wrong but is his arms GREEN!!!!!!!
I don't see it. To my eyes, any green-esque coloring can be attributed to light reflecting off the horn (and/or his vambraces).

Oh, sorry. I completely misinterpreted what you meant.

Btw, I forgot to say this earlier, welcome to the boards!
No worries. And thanks. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom