• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This is the last time I'm mention the snowmad leader but

I discovered something that might give everyone a heartattack

http://i.imgur.com/qqqb4DO.jpg

Look at his arm near the horn by his hand correct me if I. Wrong but is his arms GREEN!!!!!!!
Now that is really weird. The other arm is green as well, take a look. so it is not because of the horn. It could be because of blue jewels, but then his belly should be green as well, yet it is gray.

Edit: Then again, someone could have edited this picture :/

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Now that is really weird. The other arm is green as well, take a look. so it is not because of the horn. It could be because of blue jewels, but then his be should be green as well, yet it is gray.

Ooh weirder than that take a closer look at his bell in the shiny area in what world does a walrus have spots

And I can see this but a couple of people are saying his snout looks like a alligator snout

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Looks like ambient light from the jewels glow to me.

And also to the above, many seals and the like have spots too, it's not that strange to think they might use that to break up the color on his skin.

Last edited:

Reila

Ooh weirder than that take a closer look at his bell in the shiny area in what world does a walrus have spots

And I can see this but a couple of people are saying his snout looks like a alligator snout
Lol what if K. Rool painted himself and the ink is slowly fading away? That would be so him. :rolleyes:

Must... resist... hyping...
Looks like ambient light from the jewels glow to me.
But why doesn't the light affect the color of his belly as well? Please, give me a reason to not hype this.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Look at his arm near the horn by his hand correct me if I. Wrong but is his arms GREEN!!!!!!!
Unless I'm going crazy, those are his wristbands, not his arms. The wristbands having a vaguely green tint due to lighting doesn't really mean much. :p
His general body structure is strangely similar to K. Rool in general though.

Now that is really weird. The other arm is green as well, take a look. so it is not because of the horn. It could be because of blue jewels, but then his belly should be green as well, yet it is gray.

Nope, it's the official artwork unedited.
Unless MarioWiki is using an edited version of it too.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
But why doesn't the light affect the color of his belly as well? Please, give me a reason to not hype this.
maybe I'm looking at the wrong spot, but what area on the arm holding the horn do you mean? Is it the bracelets like shrooby had mentioned? And why would his skin show through if its a full body costume like many are suggesting?

Last edited:

Reila

maybe I'm looking at the wrong spot, but what area on the arm holding the horn do you mean? And why would his skin show through if its a full body costume like many are suggesting?
It is not only in the arm holding the horn, there are green parts in both arms. It is right after his gloves. But as shrooby said, those could be his wristbands. In fact, there are no jewels directly on his skin, they are all on his belt, helmet, etc.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh great I started agrguement

Anyway I think I see an ever so slight green on his belly near the spots

And AH HA king k tools wristbands are yellow and suprise suprise when you mix blue and yellow it makes green

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a heads-up to those clinging to hope that Diet K. Rool will be a costume, you might want to temper your expectations way down. Not only are you getting your hopes up for what's going to amount to nothing (see: Tiki Tong), you're giving people strawman fodder with which to claim K. Rool fans were shocked by him not being the final boss, what fools they were. At the very most, he'll show up in some post-credits sequel hook, and that's quite unlikely as well.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Just a heads-up to those clinging to hope that Diet K. Rool will be a costume, you might want to temper your expectations way down. Not only are you getting your hopes up for what's going to amount to nothing (see: Tiki Tong), you're giving people strawman fodder with which to claim K. Rool fans were shocked by him not being the final boss, what fools they were. At the very most, he'll show up in some post-credits sequel hook, and that's quite unlikely as well.
Well, the thing with Tiki Tong though is that he wasn't shown at all. He wasn't really purposely shrouded in mystery. He was only hidden as a result of him not really, well, doing much I guess.
I don't really know how to say what I'm thinking exactly.
Though I agree, we should all still not get our hopes up. Being shrouded in mystery doesn't necessarily mean there's anything worth shrouding.

Why would a cold-blooded reptile lead a troop of ice vikings/mammals?
K. Rool is a reptile of many hobbies...?
Maybe he just wants a snowcone!
A banana flavored snowcone!

Reila

I know where BKupa666 is coming from and I think he is right about not having big expectations, but you see, there are just so many weird things about "Walhalla" in Tropical Freeze. Why so much mystery? If they wanted the players to not know Walhalla until the end of the game, they could have not showed him in the opening CG, like they did with Tiki Tong in Returns. Also, of all designs they could have chosen for the villain, they've chosen to make his body shape extremely similar to K. Rool's. Why? Why make his wristbands (if those are really wristbands) green, of all colors? Why do they snowmads seem to know Donkey Kong? I am not saying Walhalla and King K. Rool are one and the same, they likely aren't, but this almost feels like Retro Studios is trolling King K. Rools fans (That is, if the crocodile doesn't appear in some way in the game).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
K. Rool can summon a bunch of words that act as fake kredits, and has built a blunderbuss that can shoot spiked cannonballs that fly in circular patterns, gasses that can make people move slowly, freeze them, reverse their movement, and can turn him invisible, and has also built a flying robot with a laser shooting helmet that can separate from the main head, which also has a replacement head underneath it that can shoot cannonballs, and uses DK and Diddy as batteries.

K. Rool can survive in freezing cold tempertures leading a group of ice vikings if he wants to.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
If any one noticed in the opening on DKCTF, The main ship has a small fanged reptile on the front while the other little ships have big walrus heads with big fangs on the fronts. Why does the main ship have a reptile on the front of it while the rest do not?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am not saying Walhalla and King K. Rool are one and the same, they likely aren't, but this almost feels like Retro Studios is trolling King K. Rools fans (That is, if the crocodile doesn't appear in some way in the game).
This is me being cynical regarding Retro's motives, but in a sort of way, I think you're right. While there are straightforward benefits to leaving the game's final boss a surprise, Retro is definitely aware that, by making their walrus a K. Rool Expy and shrouding him in secrecy, the 'fanatics' on message boards are going to generate more hype around the boss than there otherwise would be, claiming that it could be a fan favorite character they're not actually using.

It's a slightly different form of what Sakurai is doing with Ridley right now; by showing the Pyrosphere, he's consciously drumming up extra hype about the possibility of an awesome character being hidden away, whether or not he actually is.

It's a little irksome, come to think of it.

Last edited:

Reila

If any one noticed in the opening on DKCTF, The main ship has a small fanged reptile on the front while the other little ships have big walrus heads with big fangs on the fronts. Why does the main ship have a reptile on the front of it while the rest do not?
*Goes to watch the opening for the 200x time*
This is me being cynical regarding Retro's motives, but in a sort of way, I think you're right. While there are straightforward benefits to leaving the game's final boss a surprise, Retro is definitely aware that, by making their walrus a K. Rool Expy and shrouding him in secrecy, the 'fanatics' on message boards are going to generate more hype around the boss than there otherwise would be, claiming that it could be a fan favorite character they're not actually using.
Yes, that sounds like a reasonable to shroud the villain in mystery. Haven't thought about that honestly.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Crocodiles are notorious for potassium deficiencies, obviously.

It's a slightly different form of what Sakurai is doing with Ridley right now; by showing the Pyrosphere, he's consciously drumming up extra hype about the possibility of an awesome character being hidden away, whether or not he actually is.

It's a little irksome, come to think of it.
So you're both mods now... I like this.
Oh and there's no way that Walrus is K. Rool, unless crocodiles can grow beards and tusks. Upon conceiving that in my mind, I've decided that God really messed up when he didn't do that.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, the villain being slightly shrouded reminds me of Pac-Man World 2. You're introduced to the main villain in the beginning cutscene so you know who's behind it all. Basically, it's a way to make you want to beat up the bad guy. I mean, you can't want to do that unless you know who the guy is.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I know where BKupa666 is coming from and I think he is right about not having big expectations, but you see, there are just so many weird things about "Walhalla" in Tropical Freeze. Why so much mystery? If they wanted the players to not know Walhalla until the end of the game, they could have not showed him in the opening CG, like they did with Tiki Tong in Returns. Also, of all designs they could have chosen for the villain, they've chosen to make his body shape extremely similar to K. Rool's. Why? Why make his wristbands (if those are really wristbands) green, of all colors? Why do they snowmads seem to know Donkey Kong? I am not saying Walhalla and King K. Rool are one and the same, they likely aren't, but this almost feels like Retro Studios is trolling King K. Rools fans (That is, if the crocodile doesn't appear in some way in the game).
The answer is simple. You didn't know Tiki Tong until the end and most people didn't really like him. One of the reasons for this is of course his design, the other thing is likely to be because you don't keep him as the main villain in mind as he only jumps into action at the very end for the first time. And Tiki Tong didn't have much personality, right?
What Retro Studios changed with the DKC:TF intro: 1. Penguins show personality. They have fear reporting things to their leader. They also act a bit funny, you know like in these cartoons. (music also underlines this very good)
2. The leader is someone his crew fears. (more personality) Also he laughs just like villains do. (more personality) And he does something way more impressive: He doesn't steal the bananas, he doesn't try to catch DK: He steals the whole island. (more personality) So the leader has way more personality than Tiki Tong. Why keeping him shady? Well that's an easy one. People want to know who this villain is because the intro absolutely supports his evil personality. It doesn't matter if he were K. Rool or a new villain as both would get extremly supported by such an impressive intro. Also the intro does stay more in your mind likr this rather than already show the main villain entirely right away.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh and there's no way that Walrus is K. Rool, unless crocodiles can grow beards and tusks. Upon conceiving that in my mind, I've decided that God really messed up when he didn't do that.
Simple to counter it could be a mask with a fake beard on it

Anyway in 3 days someone from japan will give us a answer if its a costume or not (aka if theres a plot twist after the final boss battle which is the costume being removed or not)

Last edited:

Reila

Right? Because a fat bipedal crocodile who throws crowns like boomerangs makes total sense.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Things that Points to Walrus being Rool

They have basically the exact same bodyshape. Yes, his face looks kinda flat to have a croc-snout, but this is a game, and just like cartoons, remove a mask and stuff that doesn't fit pops out.
The Penguin sees the Kong Hut and immediately informs Walrus, and Walrus laughs and attacks. Of course, most villains would laugh, but to me, it felt like he was happy to get some revenge on the Kongs or something.
King K. Rool often dresses up, and this could simply be a evolution of his costumes.
His Final Battle would appear to take Place on the top, on his boat, which is also the Final Battle with Rool in the first DKC, right?
They both wear a cape (I Think? Or did I make that up?)
And that Retro probably knows how the lack of Rool and the Kremlings effected the fans. Since there are so few islands (though, with more levels in each), it wouldn't surprise me if, when you beat the Walrus, he is revealed to be Rool, and flees to a nearby Island covered with Kremlings.

I may look into this too much, but personally, I actually am suspecting that may be the case. Thus, Rool may have a shot at Smash. :p

EDIT: Oh, and Another thing. There are a LOT of Walruses as enemies in this game, and the Big Bad guy is clearly a Walrus. I Think they would have the bad guy a exclusive animal, and not just a slightly worse of a common enemy. ^^ Yes, King K. Rool is clearly a bigger, fatter croc, but that was then. :3

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Things that Points to Walrus being Rool

They have basically the exact same bodyshape. Yes, his face looks kinda flat to have a croc-snout, but this is a game, and just like cartoons, remove a mask and stuff that doesn't fit pops out.
The Penguin sees the Kong Hut and immediately informs Walrus, and Walrus laughs and attacks. Of course, most villains would laugh, but to me, it felt like he was happy to get some revenge on the Kongs or something.
King K. Rool often dresses up, and this could simply be a evolution of his costumes.
His Final Battle would appear to take Place on the top, on his boat, which is also the Final Battle with Rool in the first DKC, right?
They both wear a cape (I Think? Or did I make that up?)
And that Retro probably knows how the lack of Rool and the Kremlings effected the fans. Since there are so few islands (though, with more levels in each), it wouldn't surprise me if, when you beat the Walrus, he is revealed to be Rool, and flees to a nearby Island covered with Kremlings.

I may look into this too much, but personally, I actually am suspecting that may be the case. Thus, Rool may have a shot at Smash. :p

EDIT: Oh, and Another thing. There are a LOT of Walruses as enemies in this game, and the Big Bad guy is clearly a Walrus. I Think they would have the bad guy a exclusive animal, and not just a slightly worse of a common enemy. ^^ Yes, King K. Rool is clearly a bigger, fatter croc, but that was then. :3
And new evidence the main boats fangs are smaller than the other boats at 0:34

D

Deleted member

I have taken the liberty of making the areas that are green bigger:

Hmm… on one hand, Retro might be teasing us. They could give him green skin and make him mysterious to later reveal him to be King K. Rool.
Hmm… on the other hand, this green area might not be skin.
Oh man… these next few weeks will be interesting.

EDIT: I think that the green isn't textured as well like the clothing is. It seems to be rather smooth without any sort of clothing-like texture that we've seen from Nintendo or other companies that do this in artwork. That shirt also looks a bit short and he seems to be wearing gloves.
Perhaps this could King K. Rool and he is using an army of walruses to not make it obvious to the Kongs that he's attacking. Maybe he wants a surprise attack?

There are so many things that point this towards being King K. Rool… yet I will leave some doubt in my mind that this isn't King K. Rool. It just seems odd how this walrus has a similar body to King K. Rool.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hmm. Why is it that, me having never played a DKC until Returns (and soon Tropical Freezze), I really want King K. Rool playable? :/ He has somehow grown on me lately.

However, King K. Rool or not, that Walrus seriously looks badass, and I can't wait to battle him.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I have taken the liberty of making the areas that are green bigger:

Hmm… on one hand, Retro might be teasing us. They could give him green skin and make him mysterious to later reveal him to be King K. Rool.
Hmm… on the other hand, this green area might not be skin.
Oh man… these next few weeks will be interesting.

EDIT: I think that the green isn't textured as well like the clothing is. It seems to be rather smooth without any sort of clothing-like texture that we've seen from Nintendo or other companies that do this in artwork. That shirt also looks a bit short and he seems to be wearing gloves.
Perhaps this could King K. Rool and he is using an army of walruses to not make it obvious to the Kongs that he's attacking. Maybe he wants a surprise attack?

There are so many things that point this towards being King K. Rool… yet I will leave some doubt in my mind that this isn't King K. Rool. It just seems odd how this walrus has a similar body to King K. Rool.
Those just look like bracelets to me. The reason they're green is likely because they are yellow, but with a blue tint from the gems.

Although......and this is a pretty big stretch lol.....K. Rool does like them golden bracelets.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm just going to hope that Walhalla is his own character. Do I want King K. Rool to return one day? You bet I do, but at the same time, this guy seems to have his own attitude and uniqueness, it would be a shame for it to be hijacked by King K. Rool in a way.

Heck, I already like him more than Tiki Tong and the game doesn't even come for another 11 days. I just hope the fight with him is more exciting than the glorified Eyerok (Super Mario 64 pyramid boss) that Tiki Tong was.

Maybe the walrus stole one of K. Rool's ships?
Now this would be awesome. K. Rool shows up half way through the game with a small army of Kremlings trying to get his boat back. Have the Kremlings and the Snowmads battling it out in the background in a few levels. Their battles occasionally fall into the foreground to help or hinder you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom