• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I have an irking hunch the leader of the snowmads is K Rool in another disguise. Or that he konquered the snowmads with his krazy kontraptions.

Last edited:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
A callback to the Kredits where K. Rool jumps up and rips off his beard would be great, though

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think DK would be able to carry K. Rool, though
No, I was more thinking an extra mode, where you play as King K. Rool, instead of Donkey Kong. You're completely solo, but K. Rool would utilize his contraptions to either slow down his descent, or bounce over dangerous terrain.

For an example, K. Rool could use his Blunderbuss in the same manner as Cranky Kong's cane.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
No, I was more thinking an extra mode, where you play as King K. Rool, instead of Donkey Kong. You're completely solo, but K. Rool would utilize his contraptions to either slow down his descent, or bounce over dangerous terrain.

For an example, K. Rool could use his Blunderbuss in the same manner as Cranky Kong's cane.
yeah, when people started to speculate about the 4th character (that ended to be Cranky), I thought about K.Rool, but as a single player character... he would have equivalent moveset of all the Kongs,.. with his gadgets and his weight compared to Donkey Kong. .. would be nice excuse to make him playable again, since he could claim that he's the only one that can destroy and dominate DK Island. =P

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I have an irking hunch the leader of the snowmads is K Rool in another disguise. Or that he konquered the snowmads with his krazy kontraptions.
I hope the big boss Walrus is really K. Rool in disguise, but aside from both being huge and fat, they look nothing a like. K. Rool wasn't that good with disguises back in the 90's. xD
I don't think DK would be able to carry K. Rool, though
Perhaps when playing with K. Rool, he would be the one carrying the kongs.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I hope the big boss Walrus is really K. Rool in disguise, but aside from both being huge and fat, they look nothing a like. K. Rool wasn't that good with disguises back in the 90's. xD
Maybe he has been practicing. He has not been in disguise since DKC III.

D

Deleted member

To be fair....K. Rool never disguised himself.
He played dress-up like a Saturday cartoon villain.

If this Walrus Guy (YTP reference) is actually K. Rool, this would be the first time he's actually disguised himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Him actually disguising himself and not just pulling a Count Olaf would fall in line with his characterization of learning from his past mistakes, but the Walrus is just gonna be like Tiki Tong before him, another Expy, though hopefully this time, there won't be as drastic a need for a Hijacking by Ganon.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, Walrus Boss being actually K. Rool in disguise would at least explain the intro, where it's implied that the Snowmads know about the Kongs.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
The one thing I don't get is - How do the Snowmads know of the Kongs? Sure, they could of heard of them, but from who? Even though I think K. Rool is not the main villain, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a secret boss or maybe he could appear at the end of the game.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Tropical Freeze full opening

The Snowmads seem to be aware of who Donkey Kong is, which is odd. Still not getting my hopes up for a Kremling return, but who knows
^this
Or they just notice there is already someone on the island they want to get under their flag next.

After all, the intro is so much better than the intro from DKCR. I'm really excited for DKC:TF.

@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia I totally agree.^^

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The one thing I don't get is - How do the Snowmads know of the Kongs? Sure, they could of heard of them, but from who? Even though I think K. Rool is not the main villain, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a secret boss or maybe he could appear at the end of the game.
One theory is that the Kongs' reputation precedes them, or at least, the reputations of DK and Diddy do. Notice how the Horned Tucks doesn't give a care about any of Cranky's Cabins as it surveys the island, only going berserk over spotting DK's treehouse. Dixie and Cranky just ended up being at the wrong place, at the wrong time, it seems.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Imagine after the credits we get a cutscene with King K.Rool.

Something like this:
"The Snowmads are defeated. What should we do now?"
"I'm disappointed... Very disappointed. Seems I have to handle things myself again. You can't trust these foolish snowmads and some weird tikis. It's time I, King K.Rool bring this to an end..."
So some sort of teaser for the next DK game, maybe a 3D Jump'n'Run like DK64. Or a teaser for the third DKC game made by Retro Studios. I would like something like that, honestly. Especially because it would connect all three installments of Retro Studios with King K.Rool and the Kremlings.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about K. Rool being the leader of Snowmads as well.
He's got a big belly, that's for sure, so they share one trait.
It's probably just positive thinking though, as I'm setting myself up for disappointment once K. Rool doesn't appear once.
But the Snowmad theme is technically associated with K. Rool, so here's hoping.
And the fact that he's a shadowy figure makes me curious why they're keeping it a secret.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about K. Rool being the leader of Snowmads as well.
He's got a big belly, that's for sure, so they share one trait.
It's probably just positive thinking though, as I'm setting myself up for disappointment once K. Rool doesn't appear once.
But the Snowmad theme is technically associated with K. Rool, so here's hoping.
And the fact that he's a shadowy figure makes me curious why they're keeping it a secret.
Well, in DKCR Tiki Tong wasn't shown in the intro neither. You only see the place where Tiki Tong is for the final boss fight. So Retro Studios seems to never reveal who the final boss is straight away.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, in DKCR Tiki Tong wasn't shown in the intro neither. You only see the place where Tiki Tong is for the final boss fight. So Retro Studios seems to never reveal who the final boss is straight away.
Except in Metroid Prime 3, where they had Dark Samus come in right at the beginning and shoot the snot out of you. Or Prime 2 where she left you getting clawed by the Ing.

Just kidding of course, I know it's in reference to DKC, it's just kind of funny how direct they were with it with Prime and how mysterious they're keeping it with DKC. But I'm not counting on the Snowmad guy being K. Rool, it would be kind of a neat twist though.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Louie G's 4,000th Post:

Dedikated to everyone's favorite Kremling Overlord, King K. Rool.
When it komes to inkredible karacters, none of them are quite as kunning and kreative as King K. Rool. A reptilian mastermind with weapons galore, everyone kan agree that King K. Rool is as kool as they kome.
K. Rool has dressed up in many kostumes, whether it be a
King, a Kaptain, a Mad Scientist, or a Boxer, K. Rool's done it. Don't mess with the king, or else you're in for a world of pain.
The lovable king's personality and overall uniqueness has really made me fond of him not only as a possible Smash Bros karacter, but as a video game karacter overall. There's nobody like K. Rool, and he's bekome one of my favorite video game villains of all time.
Being a Kutthroat is truly a great experience. You guys are loyal to our King, you're great people, and I'm happy to be a part of it. The day that King K. Rool is konfirmed for Smash Bros 4 will be our Finest Hour, just wait.

ALL HAIL THE KREMLING KING.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Off topic I'm aware, but I'm getting excited for DKC: TF honestly, lol. I really hope there are more Animal Buddies in Tropical Freeze. One of the things I was disappointed with in DKCR was that Rambi was the only one! I'm hoping we at least get Enguarde somewhere, but judging by how Donkey Kong can seemingly do combat underwater on his own, I feel doubtful. Expresso the Ostrich would even be cool. Imagine running around in one of those savannah-themed levels on Expresso; would be epic.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if after you get 100% in Tropical Freeze and beat the final boss again, you see a cutscene of King K. Rool and the Kremlings in the distance preparing to attack. That would allude to their return in an inevitable third Donkey Kong Country game.

As for the Snowmads knowing who Donkey Kong is, that is entirely possible. I remember in Kirby's Return to Dream Land where the main villain, Magolor, said that he knew about Kirby and his triumphs on Pop Star. The same thing can be applied to Donkey Kong where he is an insanely popular character that other villains know about and have targeted. If King K. Rool is the leader of these Snowmads… then that would be an interesting twist.

Congrats to BKupa666 for becoming a Mod!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Another K Rool supporter, here. Alongside Ridley and Mewtwo, he's at the top of my most wanted characters for SSB4.

While Dixie Kong is a strong contender for a third DK character, I find K Rool to be a far more preferable candidate. We'd get another heavyweight character, he has a wealth of games to mine for his moveset, he's the ostensible antagonist of the DK series, and his zaniness would be most welcome in this newest Smash iteration.

Like all of you, I'm very much looking forward to the all-but-assured DK-centric Nintendo Direct to be shown in the coming week. It's only a matter of time before the King klaims his rightful throne. ;)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh hey, it's Pinhead!... Nice to meet you and see whom you support, and welcome to the forums.

Reila

Off topic I'm aware, but I'm getting excited for DKC: TF honestly, lol. I really hope there are more Animal Buddies in Tropical Freeze. One of the things I was disappointed with in DKCR was that Rambi was the only one! I'm hoping we at least get Enguarde somewhere, but judging by how Donkey Kong can seemingly do combat underwater on his own, I feel doubtful. Expresso the Ostrich would even be cool. Imagine running around in one of those savannah-themed levels on Expresso; would be epic.
It was confirmed that only Rambi will be present in Tropical Freeze :|

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It was confirmed that only Rambi will be present in Tropical Freeze :|
Why they still only be using Rambi, I'll never understand. Could've at least had Engarde as well which was a perfectly missed opportunity, given the underwater levels.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why they still only be using Rambi, I'll never understand. Could've at least had Engarde as well which was a perfectly missed opportunity, given the underwater levels.
The problem though is that, because you now have the option to attack underwater, it makes Engarde feel redundant.

In the Donkey Kong Country games, the main reason why Engarde was so treasured was because it was your only option to attack underwater. But with that niche no longer there, their isn't a reason to include the character.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't think that would be enough to render Engarde obsolete though, but kinda see where you're coming from.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What makes the absence of Enguarde (and the other Animal Buddies and Kremlings too) easier to stomach is that, thanks to Returns' success, these sorts of things are sequel hooks moreso than wasted opportunities. Despite all the people who wanted DKC to get just one game before falling onto the back-burner for another two decades, it's clear that Nintendo intends to treat it as an A-Lister now, worthy of three years' worth of extensive development at the hands of Retro-caliber studios. I don't think DKC fans could ask for much better at the moment.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, that's definitely true, and not like I was saying the lack of other animal buddies were a dealbreaker or anything.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Every time K. Rool sees content not related to him here, he starts showering crocodile tears like Niagara Falls. I don't even know why no one even bothered to make a Tropical Freeze thread at all.

kylexv

Smash Master
Official art of the smowmad leader:

Could this guy be K. Rool in another disguise? Diskuss
If he is, it will definitely boost K. Rool's chances.

Reila

I am not sure if he is K. Rool, but I find amusing the mystery around the character. There was never such mystery in regards of Tiki Tong.

Staarih

Smash Master
^ I don't think that's K. Rool, sadly. I'm thinking the enemies in TF will be just a new bunch like the Tiki Tribe. I would love it if K. Rool would make some sort of appearance in the game, but it doesn't really look like it. I will be positively surprised if he does make an appearance, however.

Even if K. Rool hasn't appeared, and/or won't appear, recently, I still think he has a shot on making it in Smash 4. The support for him is pretty huge from what I've seen. I think being included in Smash Bros. would also boost his popularity even further, and maybe help him have appearances in future DK games again, or maybe smaller spin-off games (like Mario Kart and the likes).

...this is my first post in this thread but I've been following it actively for some time now. I never was a big supporter of K. Rool (more of a Dixie-person when it comes to new DK-reps) but he would no doubt make an interesting character.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that's King K. Rool and I would be surprised if he is. But still, he does have a similar body to that of K. Rool and I find it amusing how they are making him very mysterious. I guess we will all find out who he is next week when some Japanese YouTubers post spoilers about the final boss.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Official art of the smowmad leader:

Could this guy be K. Rool in another disguise? Diskuss
If he is, it will definitely boost K. Rool's chances.
Let's compare him with our beloved King.
This isn't K.Rool for sure because
1) Look at the feet.
2) The Final Boss of DKC:TF has the black color dominating while there are small points where you see his belly is grey.

One thing seems a bit strange however. It looks like the new final boss is wearing grey gauntlets or am I wrong? Maybe it just gives us this impression.

Also looking at his head, the new boss remembers me of Walrein:

So I think the new boss will be a Walrus just because it would fit in every way with what we saw already.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
So, do you guys think K. Rool is important enough to the Donkey Kong series as a whole to get in Smash? Because I don't think Dixie will get in since Sakurai obviously wants uniqueness and importance to their own series. So do you think Cranky will get in over K. Rool? Kinda scares me thinking that K. Rool might not get in.

Top Bottom