• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I feel conflicted, because I want the walrus to be K. Rool or be hijacked by him, because I find funny when a villain is hijacked by an older villain of a certain series (Like Ganon hijacking Zant). At the same time, I don't want that, because the walrus has a LOT of potential. That is coming from someone who LOVED Tiki Tong, btw.
Now this would be awesome. K. Rool shows up half way through the game with a small army of Kremlings trying to get his boat back. Have the Kremlings and the Snowmads battling it out in the background in a few levels. They're battles occasionally fall into the foreground to help or hinder you.
Damn, that sounds amazing, would read again. 10/10.

It would be even better if, by the end, K. Rool and the Walrus decide to team up against DK and the other kongs.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The Walrus is King K. Rool's lost father. That's why Rool is obese and has disformations. He's part walrus.

Staarih

Smash Master
Now this would be awesome. K. Rool shows up half way through the game with a small army of Kremlings trying to get his boat back. Have the Kremlings and the Snowmads battling it out in the background in a few levels. They're battles occasionally fall into the foreground to help or hinder you.
This kind of scenario could grant K. Rool even a playable character status, though teaming up with DK and friends might be a bit too much for a villain like him, even if he did have his own goals (get his boat and position back). But cool idea. Shame that I don't see it realistically happening, nor K. Rool appearing in the game at all. But I guess we'll know soon enough what TF will hold, exciting!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Right? Because a fat bipedal crocodile who throws crowns like boomerangs makes total sense.
Exactly.
That green "skin" is just bracers. The rest of his visible skin is clearly not green. Look at his stubby little toes too, they aren't even slightly reminiscent of K. Rool. In fact, the only similarity between King Walrus and King Crocodilly is that they're really fat, and being fat is a key characteristic of walruses... or is it walri? Walrusususuesusus. Ok I'm done.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The front the Snowmad leader's ship doesn't really strike me as reptilian.

It could very well be icicles or based on the Walrus's tusks.

At this point, from what I've seen of the Snowmads, I'd like to give Walhalla a moment to shine. He's a much better made villain than the Tiki Tong.

While I'd love to see K. Rool in some form in the game, I'm pretty sure that Walhalla is NOT K. Rool in disguise.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Gotta say that I'm pleased that "Walhalla" is catching on. I'll probably keep on calling him that, even when his official name is revealed. :p

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I actually thought that was his official name until I checked. :laugh:
It's a play on Valhalla, the Golden Halls of the Norse Afterlife.

Given the whole Viking theme for TF, I imagine that Walhalla wants nothing more than to conquer foreign lands and die gloriously in battle, so that he may feast on fresh fish and drink whale oil evermore with his fellow fallen warriors. ;)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
ITT Retro pulled their Metroid Prime (creature) and Dark Samus kind of relationship with K. Rool and the Walrus to where they're somehow one in the same.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would love a DKC game were the kongs have to go up against the Tikis, Snowmads and Kremlings.

For those of you that played DK64, I see the Tikis in that Desert level. Snowmads gets the obvious ice level. Kremlings get everything else :D

Nah I would imagine the rivaling factions will have an even distribution of levels. Kremlings would definitely have the final level though.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of you guys are really drawing straws here with "Walhalla" being K. Rool.

Besides, I think Sakurai has already pretty much finalized the roster at this point, so if K. Rool is in the game, he was considered early on.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
The front the Snowmad leader's ship doesn't really strike me as reptilian.

It could very well be icicles or based on the Walrus's tusks.

At this point, from what I've seen of the Snowmads, I'd like to give Walhalla a moment to shine. He's a much better made villain than the Tiki Tong.

While I'd love to see K. Rool in some form in the game, I'm pretty sure that Walhalla is NOT K. Rool in disguise.
That's actually a good point, the front of the ship does resemble tusks more than reptilian teeth if you ask me.

Reila

I think a lot of you guys are really drawing straws here with "Walhalla" being K. Rool.

Besides, I think Sakurai has already pretty much finalized the roster at this point, so if K. Rool is in the game, he was considered early on.
I don't think anyone here actually believes they are one and the same. We are just pointing out the similarities.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think people are failing to understand that King K. Rool is a reptilian creature, and like any reptile, he's cold-blooded. I don't think K. Rool would ever want to make his home on a frozen wasteland.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think people are failing to understand that King K. Rool is a reptilian creature, and like any reptile, he's cold-blooded. I don't think K. Rool would ever want to make his home on a frozen wasteland.
To play devil's advocate, that's imposing real world logic in a video game environment. There's no indication that King K. Rool nor his Kremlings care about the temperature of their environment, hell they operate just fine in cold stages in the DKC series so they may have the same mindset going into this to humor it.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think you're getting too serious when it's about compare about real logics... It's a game, ... and... a game starring a gorilla wearing a tie, that swims,... rides a rhinoceros, and has as nemesis a big and fat crocodile with a crown. 'u'....

well,... I don't think that not even the original DKC trilogy wanted to show us nothing than just a bit of photorealism in the scenarios (which still reached to be very well caricatured, a masterpiece).. other aspects of real life is better put aside. =P

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
To play devil's advocate, that's imposing real world logic in a video game environment. There's no indication that King K. Rool nor his Kremlings care about the temperature of their environment, hell they operate just fine in cold stages in the DKC series so they may have the same mindset going into this to humor it.
Not to mention that K. Rool's ability is obviously Thick Fat, which halves Ice-type damage.

I would love a DKC game were the kongs have to go up against the Tikis, Snowmads and Kremlings.

For those of you that played DK64, I see the Tikis in that Desert level. Snowmads gets the obvious ice level. Kremlings get everything else :D
This is something I'd like to see as well. The Tikis weren't all bad, really. Uninspired, perhaps, but you can't say they have no potential. Their sound-based abilities could be used for some interesting gameplay and plot elements. Instead of having the factions compete, you could even have them all form an alliance to destroy the Kongs once and for all. The Kremlings, Tikis, and Snomads would divide the island into their own spheres of influence, each of which have their own worlds and levels. Kremlings, leading the alliance, would appear in all areas, taking on the theme of whatever group's territory they are in. Who wouldn't like to see that? I've been wanting to see a Tiki-themed K. Rool since I first saw that DKCR hoaxed picture.

The player would battle K. Rool in three separate boss battles. First, as King Karularula of the Tiki Tak Tribe, then as Kievan Rools' of the Snomads, and then finally as King K. Rool himself, leader of the Kremlings, as the final boss.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think you're getting too serious when it's about compare about real logics... It's a game, ... and... a game starring a gorilla wearing a tie, that swims,... rides a rhinoceros, and has as nemesis a big and fat crocodile with a crown. 'u'....

well,... I don't think that not even the original DKC trilogy wanted to show us nothing than just a bit of photorealism in the scenarios (which still reached to be very well caricatured, a masterpiece).. other aspects of real life is better put aside. =P
I guess I just don't get why anyone would think that King K. Rool is disguised as a giant walrus.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
If anything, people should be happy that they are not reusing assets.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Unless, of course, K Rool has always been a Walrus, disguised as a reptile in the first DKC trilogy and only now revealing his true self.

Kostumeception.

Reila

I guess I just don't get why anyone would think that King K. Rool is disguised as a giant walrus.
Are talking about the same crocodile who decided that stealing bananas would be a good idea?

Anyway, there are plenty of reasons to believe K. Rool could be the walrus. There are also plenty of reasons to find the idea an absurd.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone know if Tropical Freeze has been leaked yet?

I wanna see if K.Rool is in the game.

Last edited:

Reila

Anyone know if Tropical Freeze has been leaked yet?

I wanna see if K.Rool is in the game.
There are new videos of levels of the game on youtube (and damn, most of them are amazing!), but nothing regarding the walrus. Anyway, regardless of him being K. Rool or not, I just want to take a look at his design already. He seems to be a cool looking dude. Considering he isn't related to K. Rool, I hope he appears in Smash in some way, like a stage hazard in a Tropical Freeze stage or something.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Final Boss Battle: Silhouette Boss Battle in order to keep the walrus even longer secret :p This is one thing I wouldn't be surprised because it would just fit with how they try to not reveal the final boss too early xD
And people would look at the final boss battle while not even seeing what his design is about until they defeat him xD

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It comes out in 2 days in japan so either 1 day after it comes out in japan or tomorrow

We might get are answer if the leader of the snowmad is king k rool in disguise

(Explamantion I'm quite sure someone in japan will get threw the game by lunch and maybe even secret endings)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Final Boss Battle: Silhouette Boss Battle in order to keep the walrus even longer secret :p This is one thing I wouldn't be surprised because it would just fit with how they try to not reveal the final boss too early xD
And people would look at the final boss battle while not even seeing what his design is about until they defeat him xD
They already have silhouette stages, why not a boss battle? :u

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So... as I've said, I've never actually played a game with King K. Rool. Someone, tell me, what should his Special moveset be like?

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
You have a point. BUT King K. Rool also canonically hates bananas, and was only trying to steal them so that the Kongs would starve to death.

That being said, if "Walhalla" is K. Rool, it would be in his character to take something from the Kongs that he doesn't even want. He wouldn't be freezing the island in an attempt to occupy it, he'd be freezing it to drive the Kongs out.

Of course, this is all hypothetical. I'm pretty sure that if K. Rool is even in TF, he isn't the shady walrus guy. It'd be legitimately refreshing to have him in it, some way or another, though.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Seems there are only a few days left until a Nintendo Direct. So basically, are people assuming that if Dixie or Cranky are playable, they are most likely going to be revealed then?

Reila

Seems there are only a few days left until a Nintendo Direct. So basically, are people assuming that if Dixie or Cranky are playable, they are most likely going to be revealed then?
Yeah, sounds like a safe bet. Then again, Nintendo could reveal an unrelated newcomer and leave whatever DK newcomer to be revealed after the release of the game. Or they could also not reveal any newcomers in the next Nintendo Direct.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
When it comes to the newcomers I wouldn't put too much stock into the games that surround it considering most of the trailers have started with fake outs. Especially considering Rosalina's trailer played out. They could liternally annouce anyone and use our assumption that it would be based on a game coming out to fake us out.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
So... as I've said, I've never actually played a game with King K. Rool. Someone, tell me, what should his Special moveset be like?
Shooting cannon ball's that when they hit the ground they turn to spikes

Throwing his crown

using his jetpack as a recovery that hit people with the propeller

Creating a shock wave while groundpounding

Check the movesets on the first page

Reila

Some ideas:

Special: Vacuum-like ability with his blunderbuss, draws adversaries closer to him

Side special: Shooting cannon balls/spiked cannon balls with his blunderbuss

Up special: Helicopter pack from DKC3

Down special: Stomps the ground (like he does in the final battle in DKC) creating a "wave" around him, damaging/stunning nearby adversaries

Final smash: Stomps the ground, countless cannon balls start falling, like he does in DKC

D

Deleted member

If Walhalla is K. Rool, I will be very surprised...But very happily surprised.
I would feel the same way, except a bit more confused. Though, if K. Rool returns with his battle theme being Gangplank Galleon, then my confusion would evaporate.
Now if Walhalla has Gangplank Galleon as his theme… I would be ticked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom