• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Quoting Wariofan1/MasterOfKnees here.
Now I'm wondering how K. Rool's bloodshot eye would look when being hit by the bat.
By the way, DK's eyes seem to be a reference to DKC's opening when Cranky throws a TNT Barrel at him. Maybe this is a sign...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hmm, I still wonder why the penguin in the intro freaked out so much the time it spotted DK Island.

Perhaps the Snomads were hired by the Kremlings to freeze over DK Island? That may explain his behavior as "It's them! It's them! The ones the crocodile was talking about!". But then, that might be a drawback to the the cold blooded Kremlins who can't withstand the cold. Maybe the Snomads betray the Kremlins, causing them to retaliate and try kick their fatasses out of the Island. Of course every attempt at it would fail due them wielding a FREAKING ICE DRAGON. Or does the Ice Dragon break free from the Snomads and tries to freeze the entire world? Since it's high up in the sky, maybe K. Rool, not very pleased with the idea of living in a frozen hell, aids the Kongs with some flying machine to serve as a platform against the beast?

... Please stop me before I accidentally nail it and spoil everything.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Unless the Kremlings or just K. Rool sabotage the Snowmads at the end of the game for a "2nd quest" type of thing, I don't see K. Rool showing up in Tropical Freeze... :(

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hmm, I still wonder why the penguin in the intro freaked out so much the time it spotted DK Island.

Perhaps the Snomads were hired by the Kremlings to freeze over DK Island? That may explain his behavior as "It's them! It's them! The ones the crocodile was talking about!". But then, that might be a drawback to the the cold blooded Kremlins who can't withstand the cold.
The Kremlings can withstand the cold just fine. Crystal Caves (64), Any snow themed track (DK: Barrel Blast and Diddy Kong Racing), and the snow levels in DKC3 proves that.

Besides, if cold bloodedness was an issue than the Kremlings shouldn't survive in lava levels as well.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The Kremlings can withstand the cold just fine. Crystal Caves (64), Any snow themed track (DK: Barrel Blast and Diddy Kong Racing), and the snow levels in DKC3 proves that.

Besides, if cold bloodedness was an issue than the Kremlings shouldn't survive in lava levels as well.
Yeah, kind of brainstorming there.

Regardless, I still think the Kremlings might have hired the Snomads to freeze DK Island.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Pretty sure DK64 came with Expansion Paks.

Majora's Mask, however, was the best unplayable Christmas present I ever got.

Also, here's this thing.

I can't be the only one that hates that Stickerbrush Symphony. The original is my favorite bgm ever and this doesn't even come close.

Groose

Smash Champion
I can't be the only one that hates that Stickerbrush Symphony. The original is my favorite bgm ever and this doesn't even come close.
I don't "hate" this remix, but it doesn't hold a candle to the original. On the other hand, that new Aquatic Ambiance is absolutely stunning... wouldn't mind having it in Smash at all.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I saw the less shadowed picture but the only thing that will commence me that's not king k rool is if I see a final boss fight gameplay when that boss is not shadowed and there's no true final island

(And this will be 1 or 2 days after tomorrow)

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Well, this version fits with the mountain level and the night, being calm while having this flute/ocarina/panpipes sound creates the feeling being somewhere on a mountain. And the voices joining in the background fit perfect too. I'm absolutely fine with the remix.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The new version sounds as good as the original, IMO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, there is going to be a Direct on Friday at 2pm PST / 10pm GMT.

Since it is so close to Tropical Freeze's release, what are K. Rool's chances of getting revealed?

Groose

Smash Champion

Since it is so close to Tropical Freeze's release, what are K. Rool's chances of getting revealed?

Edit: Currently surfing the Japanese forums to see if anyone has any word of K. Rool in this game. I saw a post from about a week ago where someone was mentioning their disappointment at the lack of K. Rool recently. A fool came on and chipped in that he was only in one game and that he had a lot of brothers. I can happily say that no less than three other dudes came in and shut him down. There may be a bit of confusion in Japan about K. Rool's "brothers," but a lot of people know the truth, it seems.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Well, this version fits with the mountain level and the night, being calm while having this flute/ocarina/panpipes sound creates the feeling being somewhere on a mountain. And the voices joining in the background fit perfect too. I'm absolutely fine with the remix.
I don't want to feel like I'm on a mountain when I hear Stickerbrush Symphony, I want to feel like I'm in brush that's stickery. That might be why I dislike this remix so much, it's just so different from the original, hence why it's a remix and not a remake /epiphany.

The new version sounds as good as the original, IMO.
I'm not familiar enough with your posts to insult you so I shall refrain for now.

There's going to be so much hype for this. We need to collectively keep our cool, just because Donkey Kong is getting a new game soon doesn't mean we're going to get a newcomer reveal for it, that's what veteran reveals are for. That being said, I might actually consider praying for a K. Rool reveal.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
There's going to be so much hype for this. We need to collectively keep our cool, just because Donkey Kong is getting a new game soon doesn't mean we're going to get a newcomer reveal for it, that's what veteran reveals are for. That being said, I might actually consider praying for a K. Rool reveal.
We're far enough away from Rosalina to potentially get a newcomer, yet we certainly are not in the middle of such a gap that would guarantee it. I'm somewhat expecting Diddy Kong to be a Luigi-esque reveal in this Direct. I think it would be best to just remain calm and see what tomorrow's pic of the day brings--remember how there was a memo to watch the Direct for the last newcomer reveal?

Ah, forget it. I just can't help it.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
We're far enough away from Rosalina to potentially get a newcomer, yet we certainly are not in the middle of such a gap that would guarantee it. I'm somewhat expecting Diddy Kong to be a Luigi-esque reveal in this Direct. I think it would be best to just remain calm and see what Friday's pic of the day brings--remember how there was a memo to watch the Direct for the last newcomer reveal?

Ah, forget it. I just can't help it.
Imagine if the PoTD had Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Kroc. The hype train would be something like this.

Gee, why would you insult me? I was just stating my opinion.
Mostly because I disagree with it. At least I didn't "say **** you and the things you like" or "ded2me".

Steelia

Smash Champion
We're far enough away from Rosalina to potentially get a newcomer, yet we certainly are not in the middle of such a gap that would guarantee it. I'm somewhat expecting Diddy Kong to be a Luigi-esque reveal in this Direct.
This is what I'm thinking as well. Him and Sonic (kinda) got reveals this way, so Diddy wouldn't be the first just to get an honorable mention in a Nintendo Direct. Even if K. Rool's in SSB4, not holding my breath to see him tomorrow. It would be quite strange for him to be revealed before Diddy, since you'd figure Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong would be prominent in a newcomer trailer for the croc. Had Diddy been revealed beforehand, I'd be a little more hopeful for something special.

Keeping expectations low, but I'll certainly be tuning in.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Personally I like the different sound they went with, it's a good fit for the region while still keeping some of the more memorable parts of the original. So for me it's a good remix.

As for the Direct, Groose summed it up best.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
You have it all backwards, mate. When you disagree with someone, you're supposed to kiss them deeply.

Works for me, anyhow.
What happens if you disagree with a family member? I live in the Appalachia and I'd prefer to not add to the stereotype.

Oh and K.Rool direct hype woo.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What happens if you disagree with a family member? I live in the Appalachia and I'd prefer to not add to the stereotype.

Oh and K.Rool direct hype woo.
Same as with everyone else, except with your eyes closed.

I've never had this problem, though, because I tend not to outright disagree with people.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I've never had this problem, though, because I tend not to outright disagree with people.
Yeah, I can't do that. When I see something I don't agree with, I'm overwhelmed with the need to tell that person to go to hell. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've told legendofrob here that he's ded2me at least 3 times. If he didn't support K. Rool, that number would be much higher.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm pretty sure I've told legendofrob here that he's ded2me at least 3 times.
actually only twice, once in the stork thread, and I think the other time was in the leak thread.

....lemme guess. now it's three times?

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Yeah, I can't do that. When I see something I don't agree with, I'm overwhelmed with the need to tell that person to go to hell. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've told legendofrob here that he's ded2me at least 3 times. If he didn't support K. Rool, that number would be much higher.
As you can tell from my avatar, I'm no stranger to sadism.

But tears would be a waste of good suffering, so I aim to be supremely polite in my online affairs. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

who here thinks that we may possibly see king k rool tomorrow
I say that he's possible if tomorrow's Direct is a Worldwide Direct hosted by Iwata. If it's a local Direct, then don't get your hopes up.

Imagine if we didn't get a Diddy Kong reveal in tomorrow's Pic of the Day and instead he was revealed in the Nintendo Direct.

Top Bottom