• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Don't you mean "in his SNES days"? At least to me he used to look much more threatening back then, whereas now he just comes off as silly.

lol yes. I totally agree, he does look much more threatening. Maybe a mixture between the two, which I am not sure how that would work.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
lol yes. I totally agree, he does look much more threatening. Maybe a mixture between the two, which I am not sure how that would work.
Users on DKVine have said that the Overview image in the OP is a combination between the two, which seems true enough.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I like K.Rool's new design, ..matches with almost any other Mario, DK or Nintendo characters.. while his old design is more a "RareWare" thing, principally when you compare artworks with Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie and such.
It's mostly just the render which makes it seem so obviously like a Rareware design. I can guarantee you that he'd still look very fitting within the Nintendo universe if his eye was still as infected, he had a golden belly, you could see his scales, and his crown was as big as before. The two designs are actually very similar, the old design just has some touches which looks better, at least in my opinion, the only thing that creates the illusion that they're very different is the years in between the rendering and the advancement in technology in between.

Users on DKVine have said that the Overview image in the OP is a combination between the two, which seems true enough.
I really love the model in the header image, would really love if that's how K. Rool looks in SSB4.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
It's mostly just the render which makes it seem so obviously like a Rareware design. I can guarantee you that he'd still look very fitting within the Nintendo universe if his eye was still as infected, he had a golden belly, you could see his scales, and his crown was as big as before. The two designs are actually very similar, the old design just has some touches which looks better, at least in my opinion, the only thing that creates the illusion that they're very different is the years in between the rendering and the advancement in technology in between.

I really love the model in the header image, would really love if that's how K. Rool looks in SSB4.
Yes. I prefer Rare's design when he actually had a tail. He just looked more...Detailed and menacing.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
He better have a tail and a golden belly. Oh, and please for the love of jeebus don't use the original's feet.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

K. Rool: I may not be like I once was, but I'm still one bad kroc!!
You forgot the "ass" after "bad" ;)

Also reading through the last few pages one more time, I'm a little less worried. K. Rool is one of the main reasons I'm potentially excited about these games. (Wii U and 3DS Sm4sh). It's his big shot at making an epic comeback. And to be honest, I'd adore to see K. Rool smash Peach's skull in with his blunderbuss from DKC2, or even that scepter from Sluggers. XD

And someone mentioned a mix of his old and new designs? How's this for a try? (from my Brawl hack)

k__rool_s_b__boomerang_crown_by_tabuuforteakugun-d71nkf0.jpg

Welshy91

Smash Ace
You forgot the "***" after "bad" ;)

Also reading through the last few pages one more time, I'm a little less worried. K. Rool is one of the main reasons I'm potentially excited about these games. (Wii U and 3DS Sm4sh). It's his big shot at making an epic comeback. And to be honest, I'd adore to see K. Rool smash Peach's skull in with his blunderbuss from DKC2, or even that scepter from Sluggers. XD

And someone mentioned a mix of his old and new designs? How's this for a try? (from my Brawl hack)

View attachment 6348
I like the model, but I can't tell if it has a tail. Can we see it in motion?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I gave him back his golden belly. ;D

And I'd love to show it in motion. Give me a sec, ok? No tail, however.

KRool.gif

Last edited:

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that his recent appearences could give something interesting in terms of moveset anyway.. what you think? a Final Smash with him a giant form like in Jungle Climber?
For his down B, maybe he can pluck spiked mines from the ground and lob them into the air like he did in his Jungle Climber boss battle. They stay on the field and explode when anything comes in contact with them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Robotic? D: I just tried to copy the movement from DKC. I'll see what I can do. :)
The way his head gradually turns and his expression and mouth remain constant just remind me of the Splash Mountain animatronics from Disney World a little bit. It's nothing that's your fault, considering the difficulty and relative lack of resources involved. I'm impressed with what you've done thus far.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
The way his head gradually turns and his expression and mouth remain constant just remind me of the Splash Mountain animatronics from Disney World a little bit. It's nothing that's your fault, considering the difficulty and relative lack of resources involved. I'm impressed with what you've done thus far.
I made a ****-ton of edits. :) I'll showcase it later. Which reminds me, I should go to Brawl Workshop and make a K. Rool PSA thread. XD

Anyway, I'm confident we'll get Diddy and/or Dixie (and being in "as a duo") when TF comes out. K. Rool, if when present, WILL be an unlockable, and will be revealed later rather than sooner.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
You forgot the "***" after "bad" ;)

View attachment 6348
Wow, pretty nice job. I love the animation as well. Very faithful to the original.

About that scepter. That might not be a bad idea. Would anyone else like to see him use a scepter for some of his melee attacks?

D

Deleted member

Wow, pretty nice job. I love the animation as well. Very faithful to the original.

About that scepter. That might not be a bad idea. Would anyone else like to see him use a scepter for some of his melee attacks?
For melee attacks, I think that he should either use the Blunderbuss or the scepter. Either one would make sense really.

Personally, I want to have all of his personas to get equal representation in K. Rool's attacks rather than limiting them to a special or a single attack. That would make K. Rool rather fun in my eyes.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
For melee attacks, I think that he should either use the Blunderbuss or the scepter. Either one would make sense really.

Personally, I want to have all of his personas to get equal representation in K. Rool's attacks rather than limiting them to a special or a single attack. That would make K. Rool rather fun in my eyes.
I respect your stance but I want the exact opposite.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
There is a thread speaking of "The King is back!" and talking about D3. However, there can only be one king. If Sakurai were to put K.Rool in the game, we could have the fight of the kings ;)

And as we all know, a true king has his own crown ;D

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool using the scepter? Maybe he could, but I would prefer his attacks from the main DK games get priority. It feels as though swinging a disjointed weapon is something any old character could do, whereas bumbling insanity is K. Rool's thing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The scepter really isn't one of his iconic weapons, but maybe it could be implemented for a single standard attack? I mean, of course priority should be given to his DKC gimmicks like the jetpack and the blunderbuss, so make them specials, but the scepter could work to maybe give K. Rool an unusually fast B-Air or something like that if he just pulls it out really quickly. Would certainly add to his unpredictability factor.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Here's to the one who suggested a belly attack. :)

Anyway, I'd be curious to see some designs you guys can come up with for a blend of Rare and Paon K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

Can you give me the context of that image?

As in, is that a PSA, and what's the deal with Sandbag; is that just the item or is that a hack too?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Here's to the one who suggested a belly attack. :)

Anyway, I'd be curious to see some designs you guys can come up with for a blend of Rare and Paon K. Rool.
I remember you asking if you could use my idea for a dash attack. I am most pleased.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Heh, sorry for spamming your thread like that, BKupa. XD But I figured since it's K. Rool it was kinda relevant. XD

Can you give me the context of that image?

As in, is that a PSA, and what's the deal with Sandbag; is that just the item or is that a hack too?
Yup, it's a PSA, all right, and Sandbag is, well, the punching bag. XD

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
With any luck, it'll be **** Face K. Rool before long.

TCRhade, do you have a GIF of the belly attack as well?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, I love your icon, BTW!

And ok, once I finish it. I was just testing when I took that snapshot.
Thanks! And please, continue to post your K. Rool images in here as much as you'd like. Until Diddy gets revealed and Tropical Freeze comes out, it's not as though there'll be that much new stuff to talk about anyhow.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Thanks! And please, continue to post your K. Rool images in here as much as you'd like. Until Diddy gets revealed and Tropical Freeze comes out, it's not as though there'll be that much new stuff to talk about anyhow.
Fear not, I drew an amazing picture of K. Rool that I'll allow the rest of you to marvel at should things get slow. And by marvel, I mean pity.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
All right, you got it! :3 It's finished anyhow. I'll get that GIF for ya ASAP. :)

Okay, so the gist of it is that he slightly hops forward with his belly exposed. Here he is starting it up in the middle of his Dash...

Then BAM! Lotsa knockback.

Landing after it's done.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
All right, you got it! :3 It's finished anyhow. I'll get that GIF for ya ASAP. :)

Okay, so the gist of it is that he slightly hops forward with his belly exposed. Here he is starting it up in the middle of his Dash...

Then BAM! Lotsa knockback.

Landing after it's done.
K. Rool and I share the same sentiments for Toad.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
K. Rool and I share the same sentiments for Toad.
LOL, the game chose Toad, not me. lol. I have no animosity toward him, except in Strikers, where I hate everybody. :p

Still excited for Tropical Freeze, though, even with no Kremlings again.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
LOL, the game chose Toad, not me. lol. I have no animosity toward him, except in Strikers, where I hate everybody. :p

Still excited for Tropical Freeze, though, even with no Kremlings again.
.... That we're aware of....

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
.... That we're aware of....
I'm just saying, the gameplay and camera angles look absolutely sick. Makes me wanna play it real bad.

Can't help but feel like we're gonna get Dixie, though. D: Especially since there seems to be a Returns 3D stage in the 3DS Sm4sh.

Top Bottom