• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm just saying, the gameplay and camera angles look absolutely sick. Makes me wanna play it real bad.

Can't help but feel like we're gonna get Dixie, though. D: Especially since there seems to be a Returns 3D stage in the 3DS Sm4sh.
Dixie or K. Rool......

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Dixie or K. Rool......

I'd love both. Honestly. Is it wrong that I once had a dream about attending a Nintendo conference, and they revealed K. Rool right in front of my eyes? K. Rool will instantly be my main when he makes it in. ;)

And...

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'd love both. Honestly. Is it wrong that I once had a dream about attending a Nintendo conference, and they revealed K. Rool right in front of my eyes? K. Rool will instantly be my main when he makes it in. ;)

And...

How are you doing this by yourself? I can't even make a gif, much less all this stuff you're doing.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I started out making a PSA for Tabuu, as you can possibly tell by my forum icon. I had lotsa help. The rest... I just sorta picked it up and figured it out on my own. It's very easy, just time-consuming. But K. deserves it. ;)

And GIF's? The newest versions of BrawlBox have GIF exporters for animations.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I started out making a PSA for Tabuu, as you can possibly tell by my forum icon. I had lotsa help. The rest... I just sorta picked it up and figured it out on my own. It's very easy, just time-consuming. But K. deserves it. ;)
PSA? I can't even spell that.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Oh XD I forgot to explain. It's "Project Smash Attacks", a moveset editor for Brawl's playable characters.

K. Rool being in Smash would be a dream come true. Even just as a hack/mod.
Is there a section of the forums dedicated to PSA? Or some other forum where you could recruit other people in your endeavor to make a K. Rool mod?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Is there a section of the forums dedicated to PSA? Or some other forum where you could recruit other people in your endeavor to make a K. Rool mod?
Oh, I'm making him all by myself. I'm pouring my love for K. Rool into it, which is why I have so many little details made and stuff. All I didn't do was the model and the texture, someone else made them. I just added reflections to his belly, arm bands and crown, and animated/programmed him.

And yup. Brawl Workshop, Customized Content. I have my own thread there.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I'm making him all by myself. I'm pouring my love for K. Rool into it, which is why I have so many little details made and stuff. All I didn't do was the model and the texture, someone else made them. I just added reflections to his belly, arm bands and crown, and animated/programmed him.

...I tried programming once, but that was a disaster. I'm not tech-savvy. How the hell are you doing this?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
...I tried programming once, but that was a disaster. I'm not tech-savvy. How the hell are you doing this?
Well, it's interesting. They developed a whole host of tools for modding Brawl: the most popular one is called "BrawlBox", where you can edit and swap files. It's epic. I have the entire file structure on my hard disk, that I can copy and edit at will. K. Rool, in his true evil fashion, replaces DK in the roster. You should see the reception he's getting on Kitty Corp Meow Mix. But if you wanna talk K. Rool mod more, I suggest we take this to my thread in Customized Brawl Content, I don't want to get the mods upset. ^^;

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's interesting. They developed a whole host of tools for modding Brawl: the most popular one is called "BrawlBox", where you can edit and swap files. It's epic. I have the entire file structure on my hard disk, that I can copy and edit at will. K. Rool, in his true evil fashion, replaces DK in the roster. You should see the reception he's getting on Kitty Corp Meow Mix. But if you wanna talk K. Rool mod more, I suggest we take this to my thread in Customized Brawl Content, I don't want to get the mods upset. ^^;
OK! Thanks. I still need an SD card reader for my Mac so I can get started on hacking Brawl...

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It's time-consuming, for sure, but once you get it working and figure it out, Brawl hacking is so much fun and even addicting. ;) Make the game in your own image, basically.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
It's time-consuming, for sure, but once you get it working and figure it out, Brawl hacking is so much fun and even addicting. ;) Make the game in your own image, basically.
Yeah. My dream for years now has been to play as K. Rool, Porky, and Gruntilda in Smash. I can't wait to hack it!...Although I'm having trouble getting an SD Card Reader because my Mom doesn't like the way hacking sounds.

Kon

Smash Journeyman

Honestly, if K.Rool would look like this in HD, well I would be perfectly fine with it. the stomach could be golden yes, but if not, this one would also be fine enough. Of course with his tail ;)

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord

Honestly, if K.Rool would look like this in HD, well I would be perfectly fine with it. the stomach could be golden yes, but if not, this one would also be fine enough.
Those hands look really weird (better fit for Ridley) but otherwise that's a pretty good design. I'd prefer the stomach to be golden though.

D

Deleted member

It's BKuppa's avatar. :troll:

Y'know, I do have some backlogged K. Rool voiceclips I made for Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
If you want, you can cycle through them and see if any would be good for the PSA.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It's BKuppa's avatar. :troll:

Y'know, I do have some backlogged K. Rool voiceclips I made for Super Smash Bros. Crusade.
If you want, you can cycle through them and see if any would be good for the PSA.
K. Rool is in there??

If not, I'd love to have them anyway. ;D PM them to me. :)

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is in there??

If not, I'd love to have them anyway. ;D PM them to me. :)
Officially, I cannot say that he is now since the roster is no longer public and no longer set in stone, but I do have clips on the backlog for if he's still in and being worked on.

So yeah, I'll send them.

D

Deleted member

Wait, something I thought about in regards to his Krown Toss.

In DKC, it wasn't a boomerang, correct? So why should it be a boomerang move like most of us (including myself) say?

Why not, like in DKC, have K. Rool be crownless until the next time he's hit? I think it would add a bit more strategy that way, knowing when to time the attack and have it be more of a moderately high risk with decent reward? (Moderately as compared to Falcon Punch or Warlock Punch)

D

Deleted member

Huh.
Guess I just don't hit him slow enough/see others hit him slow enough to see it come back.

Never mind, then.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
no, it's a boomerang.

if you don't jump on his head it comes back. but if you do jump on his head, what you said does indeed happen.
Oh. Well ok. I've never messed it up, so I didn't know that.
Huh.
Guess I just don't hit him slow enough/see others hit him slow enough to see it come back.

Never mind, then.
I guess we're just too good, huh?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
the funny thing is I wouldn't know this if DKC wasn't the first game I ever beat. I was probably like, 7? I don't know, if I was older I would have probably have enough sense to beat him.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A bit late, but yes, it's a boomerang. However, Golden's idea could be a creative liberty taken with the Crown Toss if Sakurai wants to differentiate it form the two boomerangs in the game already (which he could already do by having the crown snag characters and pull them around the stage, but yeah). The crown would probably reappear on his head in any case if he were attacked mid-move.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've had some trouble thinking about what his intro animation should look like, considering the potential shoutouts to DKC. Having him just hop down like he did in the first game would be too boring and mundane.

How about him flying in with his helicopter pack, only to fall down because of its malfunction combined with his weight? Speaking of which...

Am I the only one who's noticed just how rigid his cape looks?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Man, the K. Rool hype here is SOOOOOOOO REALLLLLLL!!!!!
Oh XD I forgot to explain. It's "Project Smash Attacks", a moveset editor for Brawl's playable characters.

K. Rool being in Smash would be a dream come true. Even just as a hack/mod.
I would push for K. Rool in Project M, but I want impossible characters, not characters I feel are very likely to be playable in Smash Wii U.
Well, it's interesting. They developed a whole host of tools for modding Brawl: the most popular one is called "BrawlBox", where you can edit and swap files. It's epic.
Not only that, but it's used for modifications of music, textures, and the likes.
Brawl Workshop is dedicated to it. While you're at it, maybe check out the Brawl Vault as well for tons of PSA's. Both are great. ;)
King K. Rool vs King Dedede NEEDS to happen.
As does Bowser vs. King K. Rool.

I mean, Bowser vs. King Dedede was epic hype, but Bowser vs. King K. Rool is a whole new level.

The four kings though...
The King of the Koopas, Bowser...
The King of Thieves (the Gerudo), Ganondorf...
The Self-Proclaimed King of Dreamland, King Dedede...
...and now, introducing The King of the Kremlings, King K. Rool...
...all in one arena of battle squaring off against one another for the first time...
...it would truly be a (Nintendo) villain lovers dream come true at last! AND IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS!!!!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Personally, I've always wanted to see Mario vs. K. Rool. We've been able to pit DK against Bowser for years. Now, we should finally be able to do the same with their counterparts.
The hero who antagonized Cranky in one game that old fogies still believe is the main villain of the DK franchise vs. the actual main villain of the DK franchise...awesome!

The option to team up Mario and DK vs. Bowser and K. Rool is also quite enticing.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
So, as of late, I've been getting pretty psyched about K. Rool. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I feel like it's going to happen, especially if he's as popular as I have been led to believe in both the East and West. I mean, he hasn't passed Chibi Robo on my list of favorites - the #1 spot will always be CR's - but the idea of a heavyweight crazy thespian just sounds...original. Plus, he's our only hope to ever see a color other than brown in the DKC roster (nothing wrong with DK and Diddy, we just need a little more green).

That being said, I tried to look for a cool K. Rool wallpaper on Image Search...all I kept finding was obsession with what Rool has been eating. More times than not, the answer was Donkey Kong...

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
So, as of late, I've been getting pretty psyched about K. Rool. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I feel like it's going to happen, especially if he's as popular as I have been led to believe in both the East and West. I mean, he hasn't passed Chibi Robo on my list of favorites - the #1 spot will always be CR's - but the idea of a heavyweight crazy thespian just sounds...original. Plus, he's our only hope to ever see a color other than brown in the DKC roster (nothing wrong with DK and Diddy, we just need a little more green).

That being said, I tried to look for a cool K. Rool wallpaper on Image Search...all I kept finding was obsession with what Rool has been eating. More times than not, the answer was Donkey Kong...
Well, they aren't ALL brown... :troll:

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice

Well if ya can't beat em... eat em!

Btw, I haven't looked at the OP for a while now, and I've gotta say, it's mighty fine - undoubtedly the best one on this forum heh heh. :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
A common argument I've heard against K. Rool being in Smash Bros. is that he isn't necessary because D.K.'s archenemy is supposed to be Mario.

What do you think of that? It's better than some of the "too big" arguments I've heard about him (*cough* GameFAQs *cough*), but it's still stupid.

Top Bottom