• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
MiiVerse posts? Damn that reminds me...

zlCfzRHBHk0FjduC7h.png

Should've posted this pic like, 3 months ago when I saved it on my pc. Anyways, it looks badass!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
K. Rool and Dixie are like Meta Knight and Dedede, imo. Both should get in, in all honesty.

D

Deleted member

I'm not one of those people who say, "If it isn't K. Rool, burn it." I personally believe that King K. Rool and Dixie Kong should both be added on the roster and they both deserve it, but I know that only one of them will make it in. I want King K. Rool more since I find him to be a far more unique character than Dixie Kong; there is just so much you can do with him to make him unique while Dixie Kong would potentially be a semi-clone of Diddy Kong. I would be fine if Dixie Kong was the DK newcomer, I wouldn't mind that at all, but I would still be upset that we wouldn't get King K. Rool.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Getting 2 DK reps isn't impossible or even that improbable. We got 3 Zelda reps with Melee and 2 Kirby reps with Brawl.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Considering some people like to use the "sales/legacy/series popularity" excuse to justify getting 10 Mario/Zelda/Pokemon characters, than DK deserves two more on the fact that his franchise sold more than several other Nintendo franchises.

And of course, the DK legacy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Getting 2 DK reps isn't impossible or even that improbable. We got 3 Zelda reps with Melee and 2 Kirby reps with Brawl.
2 Fire Emblem reps to in Melee, as well as 3 Mario characters.

K.Rool and Dixie should both make it, so that we can have an easy time suggesting Cranky in the next game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's far from impossible that both K. Rool and Dixie would get in.

Granted, it's not the most likely outcome either, but it's certainly possible. DK is easily the next best franchise to have a total of four characters, both Dixie and K. Rool deserve to get in enough that it's very well possible that we'll get them both this time around. Though, it's still not the most likely outcome.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And why not? DKC is noticably as big as it was in the SNES days, which means it's huge now. Sakurai also seems to have a liking for the series. I certainly think it's possible, especially since both characters are both massively requested and popular.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I can see both getting in, popularity aside, as K. Rool is unique (which this game can always take wherever it can get it), while Dixie can be based somewhat on Diddy/DK's moves, making her inclusion easier and faster, therefore giving us both. I'd say Dixie, seeing as she'd likely be a semi-clone, would be lower priority, but certainly not so low as to lose out if they run out of development time and have to scrap plans for a few characters (a la Forbidden 7 in Brawl), sans DLC. If the game is intended to release in the Spring like rumored and is delayed, though? Yeah, they're both definitely getting in in that case, no question about it.

Groose

Smash Champion
If the game is intended to release in the Spring like rumored and is delayed, though? Yeah, they're both definitely getting in in that case, no question about it.

Nintendo has issued an official correction to that statement, formally editing their estimated release time to "next year." I think Herr Fakesch was just confusing things a smidgen in the middle of the interview.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyway, for those who haven't seen the Leaks thread, there's currently discussion regarding the first post-E3 leak to feature K. Rool in a positive light. Not that it's a solid-looking leak at all (it's not), but considering we discussed those negative leaks a few months back, I see no reason to not do the same now. In this leak, K. Rool is one of three remaining newcomers, the other two being Bowser Jr. and Palutena. This is what this "leaker" had to say:

3DScreens said:
King K Rool, as expected, is of large height and weight. He is still lighter than Bowser though. His moveset is currently also in the works, but Sakurai is wanting to use abilities from all four of his bossfights (DKC1, DKC2, DKC3 and DK64).

King K. Rool was chosen mostly due to popularity reasons. His name was among the most common in all of the places we visited, according to the scouts. He also felt that K. Rool was a sharp contrast to the other characters, and can be partially explained as the reason Bowser was changed.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
King K. Rool is my most wanted character, but I am not sure if I want that leak to be true.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, for those who haven't seen the Leaks thread, there's currently discussion regarding the first post-E3 leak to feature K. Rool in a positive light. Not that it's a solid-looking leak at all (it's not), but considering we discussed those negative leaks a few months back, I see no reason to not do the same now. In this leak, K. Rool is one of three remaining newcomers, the other two being Bowser Jr. and Palutena. This is what this "leaker" had to say:

That's a little interesting. Granted I don't think we will only get three new characters. Most other Smash games had added more, I don't see why this game will different. Not while we have so many good characters to add at some point.

But I do hope he'll take from all four of his main boss fights. Like using the Helipack from DKC3 as his recovery attack, with the blades dealing damage to anyone from above. His Blunderbuss as his B attack. And his crown as a side B.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Down B should be him spinning around in a blur and changing his wardrobe. This gives him a costume and changes his other three specials.

He would have King form, Pirate form, and Mad Scientist/Baron form.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There isn't a whole lot Baron K.Roolenstein did though. He mostly attacked by flying into you. The lasers did most of the work. So hence he's quite forgetable. Especially compared to the Kaptain.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hence why the Baron persona would be represented best as a recovery attack, by having K. Rool fly like he would in Donkey Kong Country 3.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Baron fight was a whole lot different in DKL3 though. Don't remember it well, but it was on top of a mountain with cliffs and stuff.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh, I keep tending to forget the Donkey Kong Lands even existed (despite that I got 'em all at one point). Mostly I guess because they're a poor man's DKC trilogy that were made due to the much more limited technology Nintendo handhelds had at the time.

That leak kinda sounds like another one of those too good to be true ones, so not buying it at the moment.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

Hopefully it's true, minus the "3 newcomers left part". I want a diverse roster this time around. Even if all I care about is having K. Rool.

D

Deleted member

Something that came to mind that kind of worries me. You know how Sakurai has a problem with anything that resembles realistic firearms being featured in Smash?

Well, the blunderbuss is a real-world firearm.

Granted, it's a historically outdated firearm, and K. Rool's uses rather bizarre ammunition, the fact it's a ballistic firearm and doesn't even attempt to hide it kind of gives me doubt K. Rool will be using it. I really hope I'm wrong in this case.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm not that worried. As you said, K. Rool's is deformed, cartoony, and uses weird ammo.

What I'm worried about is Sakurai's mind and judgement themselves, because you have to expect anything from that guy. :p

If K. Rool is as requested as this thread suggests, then I wonder what the reasoning would be in excluding him, besided relevance, which I call BS on.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Sorry complete mistake (Kids do not try to post or even make a topic while drunk suddenly you realize what kind of mistakes you are writing XD).

PD. Three times editing this post XD.
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

I´m drunk and I will say this Travis f...ing Touchdown should be playable in Smash Bros

That's a bit odd to say in the K. Rool support thread… nothing against Travis, but still a bit odd.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

That's a bit odd to say in the K. Rool support thread… nothing against Travis, but still a bit odd.
Completely agree about you answer, I was thinking I was posting in the character discussion thread, sorry again for the complete no sense.
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

@Habanero:

Japan has different standards when it comes to firearms than 'Murica. It's weird. While America as a society is perfectly fine with children seeing all forms of gun violence in media, show even a little bit of cleavage and all Hell breaks loose. Japan is near the opposite. You can show bare breasts for comedy of all things, but gun violence is frowned upon nowadays (probably has to do with the strict gun control laws in Japan).

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sorry complete mistake (Kids do not try to post or even make a topic while drunk suddenly you realize what kind of mistakes you are writing XD).

PD. Three times editing this post XD.
.n_n.
My first drunk Smashboards post was in this thread over a year ago. Fittingly enough, I don't even remember what it was. Good times.

I don't think we're ever going to know for sure about K. Rool's blunderbuss. If he's playable and doesn't have it, Sakurai may have just passed it over because it doesn't fit into his preconceived notion of what K. Rool's playstyle should be. Hasn't been the first time characters haven't been given iconic moves for that reason, Donkey Kong himself being one of the more noteworthy examples with his roll.

D

Deleted member

Although to be fair, K. Rool has enough to work with strictly as "King" to not have to resort to taking things from "Kaptain" or "Baron", right?

And if not the blunderbuss, there could always be the Klap-Blaster from the cartoon....:troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
@Habanero:

Japan has different standards when it comes to firearms than 'Murica. It's weird. While America as a society is perfectly fine with children seeing all forms of gun violence in media, show even a little bit of cleavage and all Hell breaks loose. Japan is near the opposite. You can show bare breasts for comedy of all things, but gun violence is frowned upon nowadays (probably has to do with the strict gun control laws in Japan).

Why was this episode banned then?

D

Deleted member

Ironically, that would be acceptable in 'Murica now and not in Japan.
I guess Soviet Russia did take over the world. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guns and sex are both frowned upon in Europe. Yet, alcohol is a lot more accepted.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Moral of the story? Every part of the world has different priorities. I do think that K. Rool will keep the blunderbuss though. It's not a commonly seen gun these days, and to be honest, it looks a little cartoony as it is. Then we have the fact that K. Rool's blunderbuss doesn't shoot bullets, rather it shoots spiked cannon balls and colorful smoke. So that's hardly in the realm of realism.

I'm not absolutely well versed in King K. Rool's skills, so what would make a really Down B attack? I can kind of see his final Smash in my head already.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Unless Elmer Fudd is banned in specific countries then I can't see why K. Rool wouldn't be able to have his blunderbuss. Even then the game is rated as 12+ (not sure what that rating would be called in America) so I'm sure that a cartoony blunderbuss can make it in, it's something completely different from Snake not having a realistic gun.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Snake's missile launcher is just as realistic, if not more so, than K. Rool's blunderbuss, and even though it's not a "firearm" in Sakurai's definition of the term, its probably more recognizable as a deadly weapon to kids than a blunderbuss is (with K. Rool's specifically being mistakable for a Nerf toy from a pirate-themed product line). Besides, K. Rool's blunderbuss is so exaggeratedly large that it almost resembles a bazooka more than a primitive shotgun. If worse comes to worst, it can be redesigned, replaced with the Klap-Blaster, or left out entirely (a sad third option, but worth it if K. Rool still gets to become playable).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Unless Elmer Fudd is banned in specific countries then I can't see why K. Rool wouldn't be able to have his blunderbuss. Even then the game is rated as 12+ (not sure what that rating would be called in America) so I'm sure that a cartoony blunderbuss can make it in, it's something completely different from Snake not having a realistic gun.

I'm from the United States. So for us Americans, 12+ would be rated T for Teen. A cartoony blunderbuss should not be a big deal, even more so that a fat cartoon Crocodile dressed as a pirate or a king is the one using it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool could have a strong moveset without his blunderbuss, but it's such a great source of potential for him, so I'd be sad to see it passed over. Even if the whole 'it looks like an exaggerated centuries-old firearm' thing comes into play, that shouldn't prevent K. Rool from being given his blunderbuss dash, which isn't a fired projectile, right?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ash survived worse than being shotmin the face though.

Why the Ash and Travis Touchdown talk though? This ain't the Ridley thread.

Top Bottom