• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Beyond the lack of Kremlings and separate playable Kongs, Retro's lack of Animal Buddies has been a great disappointment to me thus far in their DKC titles. Like, I get that Diddy having a jetpack and Cranky having a bounce share similarities to Expresso and Winky, and that Retro has concocted some stupid need for the game to always be fast-paced, but why not invent something new? Whatever it is can't be worse than Tikis or pigs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am just gonna hope they are gonna make more DKCR titles from now on, and that they WILL feature Kremlings, Animal Buddies, SNES tagteams or at least: select your Kong - mode and of course: King K.Rool as the rightful main villain of DKC.

Don't see how Enguarde wouldn't help with the fast-pacing of the game either. That was one fast swordfish I tell you!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The fast-paced thing was more of a jab at all of the people who leave out Squitter because his web-platforming is more conducive to slower strategy play, rather than speed-running. Enguarde, I don't think will be in, sadly, because the Kongs have a new underwater attack now, and according to new info, Dixie can propel herself faster underwater with her hair. But then again, people used Diddy's jetpack as a reason why Dixie herself would be redundant, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Did you guys see the new pic of the polar bear boss?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm sorry, does anyone remember the Ostrich's name? I can't remember for the life of me...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm sorry, does anyone remember the Ostrich's name? I can't remember for the life of me...
Expresso. There has been speculation that he'll return, based on what appears to be ostrich designs in one of the canyon stages shown so far, but nothing concrete.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Polar bear boss? Nah, haven't seen that. Link?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Expresso. There has been speculation that he'll return, based on what appears to be ostrich designs in one of the canyon stages shown so far, but nothing concrete.
Thanks. That guy was my favorite back in the day.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Eww, newbie here...

Anyway, K Rool is my pick as the next DK rep. He is definitely one unique character, and is more popular than Dixie(Everywhere), and Dixie in DKCTF does not mean too much to me. Short post, but K Rool's legendary, I can't say much.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Eww, newbie here...

Anyway, K Rool is my pick as the next DK rep. He is definitely one unique character, and is more popular than Dixie(Everywhere), and Dixie in DKCTF does not mean too much to me. Short post, but K Rool's legendary, I can't say much.
That's all we wanted to hear, thank you.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Polar bear boss? Nah, haven't seen that. Link?

Basically, that Bear was what a lot of people, including myself, were expecting as the final boss. So, now, considering the enemies grow stronger with each passing world and there are either one or two more bosses after this Bear (it's the boss of World 5), the Viking leader is either going to be a Jungle Beat Yeti or something more off-the-wall. Better than "Generic Tiki God," to say the least.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah... Well without like comparing the other bosses, the polar bear seems like it'll be a fun fight with what you have to dodge. Have to admit though, I'd have thought it to possibly be the final boss too, as it seems like it'd fit with the theme.

Wonder if that boss is by chance related to this polar bear... Nah.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would fall over myself to play as Brash Bear in whatever SSB sequel he becomes a newcomer. He can finally exact revenge on Dixie and Kiddy for breaking his Riverside Race record.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Polar bears aren't bigger than gorillas at all. Roughly the same size actually. Which makes this polar bear even more awesome!

D

Deleted member

That's one massive polar bear… and that hammer is humungous...

Hopefully that will be a fun boss fight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They where certainly not lying when they said the Kongs needed enemies which where strong to give them a sort of challenge.

I like this!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Polar bears aren't bigger than gorillas at all. Roughly the same size actually. Which makes this polar bear even more awesome!
Adult male polar bears typically range from about 8 to 10 feet in body length (bipedal height). Adult male gorillas are on average a little under 6 feet tall, but they walk on their knuckles, reducing their height while standing and walking. So, polar bears aren't too much taller, but they are larger, and in terms of sheer mass, they definitely dwarf gorillas, weighing up to 1,500 pounds in contrast to the gorilla's 300 or so maximum.

[collapse=images for comparison]

[/collapse]

On-topic post: Of course, our glorious King would be my most preferred choice for the final boss, but I don't see that happening, so I say bring on the yeti.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm sorry but you're dead wrong lol. Polar bears are waaaaaaaay bigger than gorillas.
Ah yes it seems you are right. A male polar bear is about twice the weight of a male gorilla. Even though a male gorilla and a female polar bear are about the same weight.

Doesn't mean a real life polar bear would be dwarfing a gorilla as badly as in that pic.

Then again...

If I'd see a crab that big in real life... I'd never enter a beach again. And damn, do I love the beach.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of that Polar Bear Boss. Is there any gameplay trailer of it?
A gorilla is a species of apes right? Like apes are more humanoid monkeys? I believe chimpansees are categorised as 'apes' to. Which means ape isn't a good name to describe an animal specifically.

I believe DK is a gorilla btw. His characteristics sure seem most gorilla-like.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A gorilla is a species of apes right? Like apes are more humanoid monkeys? I believe chimpansees are categorised as 'apes' to. Which means ape isn't a good name to describe an animal specifically.

I believe DK is a gorilla btw. His characteristics sure seem most gorilla-like.

He does tend to act like a gorilla so yeah.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chimpansees are closer related to humans than gorillas are

Humans are also classified as apes, great apes

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Look at this pic of Donkey Kong Country Returns. DK had a little bit of light brown fur at his backside, resembling silverback gorillas;

Speaking, am kind of dissapointed his Tropical Freeze model doesn't have this.

Groose

Smash Champion
I've been playing through DKC2 again for the last couple weeks. My opinions on the upcoming Smash have slightly shifted since then. Previously, my most wanted character was King K. Rool and I absolutely hated the idea of Dixie being playable and swiping his spot. Now... K. Rool is still my most wanted newcomer and I want him even more, but I'm much more receptive to the idea of Dixie. She's not breaking into my list of most wanted newcomers, but she's gone from a "Burn it with fire and bring me K. Rool" to a "yeah, cool, but where's K. Rool?"

Anyway, I'm much more receptive to the idea of both of them getting in than I was before; I still doubt this will happen, however. They're still Kong-petitors, and, as much as I want K. Rool to win the race, I wouldn't be TOO heartbroken if he didn't, ya hear? Remember: if he fails to make it this time, he's pretty much THE guy for Smash 5. No one else will come close to his level of support. And if he doesn't make it, we start the Krew up right away and make it known that we want him.

Anyway...

I'm seriously wishing for the final boss to be Eddie the Mean Old Yeti.
Y'know... I'd slightly prefer him over K. Rool as the final boss. The sheer shock factor alone would simply make my day.

And It'd be even better if the final boss fight were an interactive song. Not the one that Kupa posted... he's forgtting this infinitely more memorable ditty...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I brought up the polar bear partially to guess that it's one less obstacle in K. Rool's path to being the surprise final boss.

Not that I think he's actually going to be in the game, but yeah, I'd happily welcome him over a one-off Yeti or whatever. When the only new content featuring K. Rool is online drawings of him licking his nipples, I think a few more flattering game roles are pretty sorely needed.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I brought up the polar bear partially to guess that it's one less obstacle in K. Rool's path to being the surprise final boss.

Not that I think he's actually going to be in the game, but yeah, I'd happily welcome him over a one-off Yeti or whatever. When the only new content featuring K. Rool is online drawings of him licking his nipples, I think a few more flattering game roles are pretty sorely needed.
A viking crocodile (while sounding cool) doesn't make much sense. That being said, I fully support.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would still be pretty big if there really was a King K. Rool mode for Tropical Freeze though. It would basically replace Mirror Mode, and is 1-player only.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've been playing through DKC2 again for the last couple weeks. My opinions on the upcoming Smash have slightly shifted since then. Previously, my most wanted character was King K. Rool and I absolutely hated the idea of Dixie being playable and swiping his spot. Now... K. Rool is still my most wanted newcomer and I want him even more, but I'm much more receptive to the idea of Dixie. She's not breaking into my list of most wanted newcomers, but she's gone from a "Burn it with fire and bring me K. Rool" to a "yeah, cool, but where's K. Rool?"

Anyway, I'm much more receptive to the idea of both of them getting in than I was before; I still doubt this will happen, however. They're still Kong-petitors, and, as much as I want K. Rool to win the race, I wouldn't be TOO heartbroken if he didn't, ya hear? Remember: if he fails to make it this time, he's pretty much THE guy for Smash 5. No one else will come close to his level of support. And if he doesn't make it, we start the Krew up right away and make it known that we want him.
Personally, I don't view K. Rool and Dixie as "competitors" in any sort of race to be playable. As such, my sentiment toward Dixie has never been "burn it with fire," moreso an indifference to whether or not she becomes playable. If people pit the two against each other, I'll gladly explain why I consider K. Rool the better of the two, but it's silly to pit them against each other in the first place. Unless otherwise specified, Dixie getting in and K. Rool not getting in would occur independently of each other, so if K. Rool doesn't get in, Sakurai deserves all of the blame, not Dixie.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doubt they'd make a K.Rool mode. They didn't even bother with a Diddy mode either. Best we can hope for now is a Cranky mode?

ViKing K.Rool remains the most awesome idea ever though...

This would've been wicked to:

Top Bottom