• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, if King K. Rool is too big, then I guess that Bowser, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede are also too big and shouldn't have been playable at all.
Actually, Dedede would be too small, considering the Kirby universe is extremely small in comparison to every other Smash franchise that isn't called Pikmin.

As for "too big" being used on K. Rool. Well, at least Ridley uses his size, K. Rool never really uses his size outside of making big ground stomps as far as I'm aware. The argument is incredibly stupid when applied to Ridley, but it's just unbelievable when applied to K. Rool.

Groose

Smash Champion
Fortunately, not all Japanese people are so crazy. I was reading a different Japanese blog. They argued that Dixie Kong was more likely, but expressed a lot of desire for our favorite King. They explicitly say that, in addition to Porky and Ridley, he is the last major villain left.

They make no mention of playable Ridley in the article, however; they acknowledge him as a major villain, but also say that there are no viable Metroid characters that have a good shot at playability and give Dark Samus the largest chance of a Metroid character. Make of that what you will.

My source.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Fortunately, not all Japanese people are so crazy. I was reading a different Japanese blog. They argued that Dixie Kong was more likely, but expressed a lot of desire for our favorite King. They explicitly say that, in addition to Porky and Ridley, he is the last major villain left.
At this point, if Sakurai overlooks K. Rool again, he's just plain asking for anger from his fans. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There is actually a good amount of people who think K. Rool is too big?

Gods, as if the argument wasn't already ridiculous enough when used for Ridley........

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking, Kaptain K.Rool and Baron Koolenstein indeed are a bit smaller than King K.Rool in DKC1, and especially DK64...

Not that they aren't the same person or something but it's still funny to note.

At this point, if Sakurai overlooks K. Rool again, he's just plain asking for anger from his fans. :p
Forgive and don't forget (Successfully did that with Toad's rejection)

Japan is a puzzle to me like Sakurai or maybe we're the puzzle in their point of view. Don't know. Doesn't matter. Just hoping for the best.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Considering Mewtwo and King K.Rool are easily the most popular (international / inter regional) characters left, and Melee and Brawl added quite some of the most popular / important characters, I think we should for now just hope for the best. Note that a lot of very popular characters that got in Brawl also had quite some issues for their inclusion (as fans would say) as Toon Link, Olimar and maybe even Lucario (cause there where plenty of Pokémon reps already, especially when Pokémon Trainer was revealed and Mewtwo / Jiggs where still heavily expected).

Am still 100% convinced we will have at least ONE new DKC character. And that thought alone keeps me pretty postivie. Dixie is also pretty cool in the end... But K.Rool, damn he would just be too good to be true (which is what I thought about Mewtwo to honestly)

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
A new question you guys might not have thought about: What if Krool bcomes a clone of some other character, like Donkey Kong or Bowser, or at least a semi-clone?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
WAIT, why does this mean we're screwed?..just joking?
Because he's now part of the Kong Quartet, and all fan-made character groupings are accounted for in Smash to date, like the Plumber Quartet, and the Princess Duo, and whatever else was brought up in the Roster Discussion thread a week or so ago.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Because he's now part of the Kong Quartet, and all fan-made character groupings are accounted for in Smash to date, like the Plumber Quartet, and the Princess Duo, and whatever else was brought up in the Roster Discussion thread a week or so ago.
oh....... well dam then. yeah i think k.rool is going to be boss at best, but i still have hope

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cranky confirmed for really amusing Assist Trophy...?

D

Deleted member

Well, guys, looks like we're f***ed. Cranky Kong is now a shoo-in.
I bet that this won't be like Rosalina all over again when she was confirmed to be playable in SM3DW. Who the heck would consider Cranky Kong more likely than King K. Rool?
Cranky confirmed for really amusing Assist Trophy...?
I have a feeling that he would be like Mr. Resetti… that would be kinda cool actually.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Of course it won't be like Rosalina.

Cranky isn't anybody's waifu, nor can you zoom the camera up from underneath him to examine his undergarments. As such, he won't get a fraction of the fan support blind expectation of inclusion.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
WAIT, why does this mean we're screwed?..just joking?
Because we thought king k rool is the 4th playable but my god why coulden't the fourth playable character could have ben like funky kong' or donkey kong jr from dk country 3.

But its not over yet king k rool still has a chance for the main villian roll

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Had a dream he was announced as the next newcomer.

Pretty sure I'm Psychic

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I can't believe I never thought of Cranky being the fourth. I wanted it to be K.Rool, even though it was highly unlikely, but I think I'd rather have Cranky in Tropical Freeze. Also, K.rool and Cranky 4 Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Who would've thought Cranky as the 4th character honestly? Anyone who says they did now are lying to make themselves look good.

But really...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Apparently an Italian retailer accidentally leaked that cover some time beforehand. My guess is that it's going to be officially confirmed at VGX this saturday, unless I've missed an official announcement by Nintendo.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
There is actually a good amount of people who think K. Rool is too big?

Gods, as if the argument wasn't already ridiculous enough when used for Ridley........
Except Ridley is bigger than K. Rool?

I mean feel free to mock the argument all you want but at least represent the argument properly instead of repeatedly strawmanning it

NEVER MIND I'M STUPID

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Off-topic: Glad Dark Lord from Find Mii 2 is in the game in some form. lol

On-topic: I just realized something: The relevance argument going against K. Rool doesn't hold water whatsoever. There are a couple of Smash Bros. fighters who got it regardless. Pit, ICs, Fox, anyone? I think what saved Fox, though was his being a staple since Smash 64. Now I'm confident K. Rool is getting in there. Even if just for fanservice.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Off-topic: Glad Dark Lord from Find Mii 2 is in the game in some form. lol

On-topic: I just realized something: The relevance argument going against K. Rool doesn't hold water whatsoever. There are a couple of Smash Bros. fighters who got it regardless. Pit, ICs, Fox, anyone? I think what saved Fox, though was his being a staple since Smash 64. Now I'm confident K. Rool is getting in there. Even if just for fanservice.
Pit and Ice Climbers were specifically chosen as "retro" revivals. The relevance argument doesn't at all apply to K. Rool the same way it does to those characters. Fox was plenty relevant at the time of 64 so I have no idea what you're even getting at there

Groose

Smash Champion
So... New trailer for a Wii-U game coming up on Saturday, specially presented by Reggie himself at a large video game award ceremony. New Smash trailer seems like a solid option to me... And K Rool is probably in the top five hype-building reveals possible.

Off-topic: as much as it doesn't help K. Rool's chances, I'm thrilled about Cranky being player four. He's always been among my favorite video game characters and his playability is hilarious.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Well we know that they are keeping Zelda U info to themselves until E3 2014. That leaves out of our confirmed games Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Even though K. Rool is not going to be the fourth character, I have always found Cranky hilarious and am glad they picked him.

The last time we got newcomers was at E3, and from a business standpoint they would want to show something that would get people hyped up, and more importantly try to sell the Wii U. Smash would be a great way to do it. Good theory Groose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So it has been confirmed Smash is gonna be shown? Awesome! Personally, am thinking they gonna reveal a whole bunch of veterans at once. Diddy, MetaKnight, Wario, Zelda, Yoshi, Zero Suit Samus and Ice Climbers for example. Think by now, veterans could generate as much hype as newcomers.

Anyway. About the relevance arguement, I wouldn't apply this to retro characters. Ice Climbers and Pit (by Brawl's standard) where added for the purpose of getting revived. Another retro addition is also likely this time around.

Characters I actually consider staple despite not being 'relevant':

Fox (and friend + rival)
Ness
Captain Falcon

And well. Sheik. Probably the biggest, and least noticable. Hence I want her removed.

D

Deleted member

I personally don't think that we will get a newcomer this Saturday. If we do, it will be a character that will hype up crowds. I'm thinking that it could be Mewtwo, Little Mac, or King K. Rool.

But, again, I don't think that we will. I think Reggie would need Sakurai's consent to reveal a new character.

So it has been confirmed Smash is gonna be shown?
Nope. Reggie just said that it will be a "mystery" title. It could be SSB4, X, or it could be a new game like a new Metroid for example.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool never had much chance as the 4th character anyway.

Am kinda upset though that Kiddy and / or Lanky missed a possible revival though... However, playable Cranky is awesome beyond words.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lanky at least appeared in Barrel Blast, but it'd be nice to see him outside of a spin-off again.

Swanky Kong and Kiddy Kong have been absent from the franchise longer than any other Kong, and I wouldn't mind seeing either of them return sometime soon.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
How would you guys feel if Sakurai decided to make him a clone of, say... Donkey Kong or Bowser?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How would you guys feel if Sakurai decided to make him a clone of, say... Donkey Kong or Bowser?
I'd cry for about an hour and then sit down in the corner of my room and spend the remainder of the day in that corner while thinking about the meaning of life.

Good thing theres no way that K. Rool would be a clone of any character.

Top Bottom