• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
fix that for you :awesome: but in all seriousness love sakurai and I think he is a fantastic person but yeah he does make bad decisions sometimes I hope he makes better decisions in smash 5.
That depends if he actually wants to make another Smash game at all. With all the pressure he puts on himself to make, who knows what it will do to his health next time.

As far as your question goes, I like Sakurai as a person and a developer. He works his a ss off to make high quality games such as Smash. He can make some very dumb and questionable choices such as the Ridley debacle, but it doesn't affect my respect for the man and his dedication.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I like him because he gave us smash in the first place.

Sometimes I feel like the hardcore smash crowd gets a little too stern about "just how the game is supposed to be", when Sakurai is the one who designed it to mainly be a casual fighting game, but with some elements for a hardcore crowd to enjoy.

For me, Smash 4 is his greatest work so far and the fact that we finally have a smash game that gets DLC support after its release is a dream come true for me.

Before you hurl your pitchforks at me, I wanted to say that I do not agree with everthing Sakurai did and I feel like there are ways to make the game even more appealing to the core crowd without breaking the casual appeal.

There is just too much nitpicking going on, like people raging about his stance on the 3 true clones, the lack of an adventure mode, etc, when, let's be honest, the main gameplay and flow is just right (at least for me).

Take it however you want, it's just my opinion. I enjoy smash4 more than brawl, melee and 64 and Sakurai is the one who made all of them possible. Saying to "hate" or "dislike" him is just...wrong and "unprofessional".

Just think a little bit about what the man did for us Nintendo gamers and be happy that we can actually come together in this very community and have discussions like that, because frankly, without Sakurai and his work, we wouldn't even be here.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I like him because he gave us smash in the first place.

Sometimes I feel like the hardcore smash crowd gets a little too stern about "just how the game is supposed to be", when Sakurai is the one who designed it to mainly be a casual fighting game, but with some elements for a hardcore crowd to enjoy.

For me, Smash 4 is his greatest work so far and the fact that we finally have a smash game that gets DLC support after its release is a dream come true for me.

Before you hurl your pitchforks at me, I wanted to say that I do not agree with everthing Sakurai did and I feel like there are ways to make the game even more appealing to the core crowd without breaking the casual appeal.

There is just too much nitpicking going on, like people raging about his stance on the 3 true clones, the lack of an adventure mode, etc, when, let's be honest, the main gameplay and flow is just right (at least for me).

Take it however you want, it's just my opinion. I enjoy smash4 more than brawl, melee and 64 and Sakurai is the one who made all of them possible. Saying to "hate" or "dislike" him is just...wrong and "unprofessional".

Just think a little bit about what the man did for us Nintendo gamers and be happy that we can actually come together in this very community and have discussions like that, because frankly, without Sakurai and his work, we wouldn't even be here.
I agree with this. I really like the flow of Smash 4, and I'm glad that he worked so hard for us. I may not like all of Sakurai's decisions, but I won't pretend for an instant that I could do his job better. Would I love to be an outsider-looking-in shooting ideas for Smash that would be listened to? Definitely. Could I do Sakurai's job better than him? Oh heII naw.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Why do you guys all think there will be a Direct this week or next week? I would like one obviously, but what makes you guys so sure?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Why do you guys all think there will be a Direct this week or next week? I would like one obviously, but what makes you guys so sure?
Theres usually a Nintendo Direct every other month. Last one was over 2 months ago now, and we are due for one soon. Plus we need some answers. New Nintendo President. Zelda Wii U news. Preballot wave 4 DLC...etc

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Here's a dark question.

What Smash decision would make you go "That's a load of bull"?

For me it would be if Sakurai gave us an excuse as to why King K Rool couldn't be in the game.
Not giving custom moves for DLC characters after promoting and promising this new gameplay feature for all characters and on top of that, without any official word on why they were skipped for them and on whether they are ever going be added in a future update.

Honorable mentions: other decisions that hold back the potential behind custom moves in general (the way to unlock them, not being able to choose them from the CSS, and the lack of consistent balance changes for them), some terrible game design decisions in Smash Run (most notably Ornes, offscreen Bacuras spiking you to death, and random teleports), Mr. Game & Watch's side B, teasing Ridley's role for months.

And actually, Sakurai not explaining why he didn't want to put K. Rool in (assuming the costume means he's not coming) would make me pretty confused and upset. I mean, there's no way he isn't aware of his popularity as a pick for Smash, and after giving us a Mii costume inspired from the character knowing why he wasn't chosen is the thing I actually want to know. As long as it isn't some blatant bs like "he's not a deserving villain" .

Edit: and random tripping in Brawl, of course.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Theres usually a Nintendo Direct every other month. Last one was over 2 months ago now, and we are due for one soon. Plus we need some answers. New Nintendo President. Zelda Wii U news. Preballot wave 4 DLC...etc
Oh ok this makes sense. But don't expect Zelda Wii U, they're saving it for the NX :/

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Oh ok this makes sense. But don't expect Zelda Wii U, they're saving it for the NX :/
Miyamoto stated on multiple occasions that Zelda will still come to Wii U. But it's possible that they may release Zelda on both Wii U and NX, like what happened with Twilight Princess where it came out on both Game Cube and Wii.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Say what is everyone opinion on sakurai?(do you like him do you hate him?)
Well, he gave us Smash and Kirby, so it's impossible to hate him or even dislike him.

As G-Guy said, Smash 4 is easily his magnum opus, you can see the effort the man put into every kilobyte of the game,over-working himself despite his ailing left hand. I wish he trusted his sub-ordinates more.

Of course, there are quite a few decisions he made about the game which I disagree with - Ridley, the diproportionate amount of Kid Icarus content, DK hetting shafted, etc. - but at the end of the day, those aren't the end of the world. And while we do have every right to voice our dissatisfaction (which we are doing), outright hating him for that is a bit much.

:231:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Personally I think that if we don't get a Direct announcement this week. We wont get Smash DLC news until October 3rd. A Direct in September would be too close to the last day of the ballot, so might as well wait until that day. And Nintendo has Super Matio Maker's release to worry about on that month anyways.

The moment I found out the Ballot closed until October, I knew there were going to be some looong months ahead. And who hasn't voted by now anyways?... Come to think of it. I believe my little brother hasn't voted still because he doesn't care that much.

Time to dust off the brass knuckles.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Neat article. Sounds good for K Rool!
I had hope to see some Famitsu scan or something showing some new hint for K. Rool, so I was kinda disappointed to realize that it was actually something one month old I've already seen. Link to the full article for those who would have missed

A new article has been posted on Source Gaming as well, where Sakurai answers Brawl-related questions. Interesting to see that he's talking about Krystal, and why he chose Wolf over her.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A new article has been posted on Source Gaming as well, where Sakurai answers Brawl-related questions. Interesting to see that he's talking about Krystal, and why he chose Wolf over her.
On that point, with Wolf we already have some knowledge of how to model his character, and would require about 70% of the effort required to create a whole new character.
I imagine in some circles, this is going to get snapped up as "proof" that Dixie is a shoo-in because of Diddy's existing model, and that K. Rool would never be chosen. If you think about it, though, this is a good omen for us...they've already invested time and effort into whole new parts of a K. Rool model with his costume (the face, the new textures, the redesigned cape @ AncientTobacco AncientTobacco noticed). If the demand is there (something also cited as important for Wolf in the article), why not go all the way?

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I imagine in some circles, this is going to get snapped up as "proof" that Dixie is a shoo-in because of Diddy's existing model, and that K. Rool would never be chosen. If you think about it, though, this is a good omen for us...they've already invested time and effort into whole new parts of a K. Rool model with his costume (the face, the new textures, the redesigned cape @ AncientTobacco AncientTobacco noticed). If the demand is there (something also cited as important for Wolf in the article), why not go all the way?
Honestly it really makes no sense that Dixie is not in. She is probably the 3rd most important character in the series (sorry guys) and she could be added with pretty little effort.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
The Capes are different?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Honestly it really makes no sense that Dixie is not in. She is probably the 3rd most important character in the series (sorry guys) and she could be added with pretty little effort.
It is amazing that she's not in. That said, it's worth pointing out that, without K. Rool, there never would have been a sequel for her to ever be in to begin with!

The Capes are different?
The zigzag pattern at the bottom of the cape has been updated to be rounded instead of sharp, on the Mii outfit. It's a ludicrously tiny detail that shows just how much care was put into it.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Sakurai likes to pay attention to little details like that though! It must mean something!

Last edited:
Time for some questions:

1.What is your favorite thing from K.Rool?
2.What pose do you think King K.Rool's render is gonna have?
3.If you had to give K.Rool a new place to live, what it would be?
4.Do you have any fond memories of this thread? if so, what are they?
5.Do you think K.Rool is gonna be competitively viable?
6.Has K.Rool always been your most wanted character? or there has been any other character you wanted more that has been confirmed/discomfirmed?
7.What would be your reaction to K.Rool?
8.What will you do after K.Rool is released? will you still support other characters? or are you gonna quit speculation?
9.Do you hate me?
1. His costumes
2. Something similar to :4dk:and :4diddy:.
3. A Castle with a lot of death traps.
4. No, not yet.
5. I'm not sure...
6. He's my second wanted character, only losing to Bandana Dee. My third wanted is Wolf.
7. Something similar to Etika. But, with more hype.
8. I will support Bandana Dee and Wolf.
9. Yes jk

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'll see what I can contribute with the contest. Maybe once I get home I'll play around with the photo maker (Probably need to clear classic with Diddy and DK first if needs be) and see what I can do.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
When King K. Rool becomes a playable character I am SO gonna play this soundtrack when I battle in For Glory!

^ Krool Intentions! It was made by "oceremix.org" back in 2004. It rocks still to this day!

Top Bottom