• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Smash 3DS' entire existence
Something that makes perfect business sense isn't "bull", though. Portable devices are dominant in most of the world, and at double Smash Wii U's sales, the numbers (which would very likely be no different if Smash Wii U was the only version) reflect this. That's entirely discounting the demand for a portable Smash that has existed since the DS launched over a decade ago, too. (It's also much more practical than having to tether to a television. :laugh:)

Ugh, no kidding. I suppose I'm not the only one who wishes that Wario's representation in Smash was more Wario Land-influenced, then? I always found him out-of-character in WarioWare, as well.

Actually, there's a thought: If K. Rool did get in, but there were possibly some out-of-character elements (I know it's unlikely since K. Rool doesn't really have a Wario Land/WarioWare situation going on, but bear with me), what would everyone's tolerance levels be for that?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Just to refer back to @AncientTobacco's point about the Lost World being the "source" of Kremlingkind, what if it just means it's their far-ancestral home? It'd fit with the world's primitive features and the ancient motifs in the ruins of Crocodile Core.

It's kinda like the theory that modern man originated in Africa milleniae ago. Maybe the manual's comment is just an esoteric way to state that this is the earliest remnant of Kremling civilisation?

I would definitely love to know the significance of (what appears to be) K. Rool's visage on the statues' shields in Crocodile Core, mind you. Either it's a different monarch entirely, K. Rool installed them there as a tribute to his own manic vanity, K. Rool is much older than we think or Crocodile Core is much younger than we think.

Just thought I'd point that out. Back to your regularly scheduled K. Rool support~
Maybe the actual reason to why K.Rool is the king is because his face was on those shield in the first place?
When people think Lanky is more likely than King K. Rool

Lanky Kong hasn't been in anything since Barrel Blast and has appeared like 3 ****ing times in the DK series. Why the **** would Sakurai choose him over King K. Rool, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky who have all appeared more and are all way more important.
Lanky is awesome! I would be happy to see him playable in Smash (even if he isn't that revelant and that he have no style or grace.
Here's a dark question.

What Smash decision would make you go "That's a load of bull"?

For me it would be if Sakurai gave us an excuse as to why King K Rool couldn't be in the game.
-The whole "Ridley wouldn't be Ridley if he was scaled down while being beaten to help other is Ridley" while Falcondorf exist.

-Smash Tour.

-Dark pit over better clone choices coughAlphcough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Something that makes perfect business sense isn't "bull", though. Portable devices are dominant in most of the world, and at double Smash Wii U's sales, the numbers (which would very likely be no different if Smash Wii U was the only version) reflect this. That's entirely discounting the demand for a portable Smash that has existed since the DS launched over a decade ago, too. (It's also much more practical than having to tether to a television. :laugh:)

Ugh, no kidding. I suppose I'm not the only one who wishes that Wario's representation in Smash was more Wario Land-influenced, then? I always found him out-of-character in WarioWare, as well.

Actually, there's a thought: If K. Rool did get in, but there were possibly some out-of-character elements (I know it's unlikely since K. Rool doesn't really have a Wario Land/WarioWare situation going on, but bear with me), what would everyone's tolerance levels be for that?
Im also tired of hearing that the 3ds version is a mistake.

The only reason that people say that is becaue of "OMG NO ICE CLIMBERS 0/10"

Regarding Wario's moveset....

The lack of Shoulder Bash is the only thing that REALLY bothers me. I also feel that Wario has been "flanderized" way too much.

I still enjoy Wario, but he's no "masterfully done" or "perfect" by any means.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Maybe the actual reason to why K.Rool is the king is because his face was on those shield in the first place?
Like a prophesied leader, you mean? I actually kind of like that idea.

Equally, though, I like the idea that he went in and put those things there. We know that the kremlings were mucking around in and around the Lost World at the time, after all. :laugh:

Im also tired of hearing that the 3ds version is a mistake.
At least it's not just me. I wouldn't have bought the game at all if not for it, myself, and ultimately it prompted me to buy both, in the end.

Regarding Wario's moveset....

The lack of Shoulder Bash is the only thing that REALLY bothers me. I also feel that Wario has been "flanderized" way too much.
I'm less bothered by the Flanderisation, and more by the way he's been turned into a walking fart joke. I always liked Wario's earliest depictions because he was a git and a brute more than anything.

It's kind of like the slight "Marioisation" of K. Rool in the Paon titles, by toning down his cold and unhinged nature, but on a more extreme scale, the way I see it.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
For me, it would depend on how far out of character they go, but as long as he is fun to play as I wouldn't mind too much.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

That depends, how out of character are we talking here? The only way I could think they would do that is if they actually tried to make him a Bowser clone minus the shell-based moves and fire breath. There's really not much you can do to **** up K. Rool outside of neglecting everything from his source material, which I wouldn't put past Sakurai. Just put the goofy blunderbuss in his hands and the moveset writes itself in being both unique mechanics wise and at least partially faithful to the source material.

I'd also like to add Smash Tour in its entirety and the inability to customize Smash Run at all outside of music (you can't even select the number or difficulty of CPUs) on top of it being local only would be among the several really horrible decisions on Sakurai's part and makes me wonder if he's out of touch. A lot of hardcore Sakurai worshipers will tell you the man is infallible but when they try to ask you "You think you could do a better job than him?" and my answer would be yes, and yes to many others on here, because I'm really that confused by some of Sakurai's decisions.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

If K. Rool had a wario situation or something along that lines, I'd probably have to take a month vacation away from smash to think how you could do that when he has a whole list of moves.

Time for some questions:

1.What is your favorite thing from K.Rool?
2.What pose do you think King K.Rool's render is gonna have?
3.If you had to give K.Rool a new place to live, what it would be?
4.Do you have any fond memories of this thread? if so, what are they?
5.Do you think K.Rool is gonna be competitively viable?
6.Has K.Rool always been your most wanted character? or there has been any other character you wanted more that has been confirmed/discomfirmed?
7.What would be your reaction to K.Rool?
8.What will you do after K.Rool is released? will you still support other characters? or are you gonna quit speculation?
9.Do you hate me?
1. HIs design. I don't know what it is about him, but I really like his design.

2. Seeing how DK and Diddy's poses seem to have the characters face to their left:

I wouldn't be surprised if K. Rool had something like Dk and Diddy, while he touches his krown or something.

3. If I had enough room, he'd be a kool roommate.

4. When I first joined, I thought I would just be ignored. It seems I was wrong, and it was nice to feel like part of a community after a while.

5. Depends on the moveset: if it is projectile based with the blunderbuster, then maybe. I doubt he will but I really don't care at all. People shouldn't worry about their characters being competitively,

6. Being a huge megaman fan, he was always my pick. During the ballot, I was voting for Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, and King K. Rool. After a long time, I realized that out of the three, K. Rool was my number 1 pick.

7. Etika's mewtwo reaction times 5.

8. Buy him. Besides that, I will maybe support others but I will be done with character speculation for characters I want. K. Rool is the last character I want badly in smash.

9. Nope.

D

Deleted member

Man, this thread has been SLOW as of recently.

Do you guys would mind if i post K.Rool fanart here? (not disturbing things, i promise)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's a dark question.

What Smash decision would make you go "That's a load of bull"?

For me it would be if Sakurai gave us an excuse as to why King K Rool couldn't be in the game.
KAMEK
That is all.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
YES.

THIS IS BAD.
I DO NOT WANT THIS.
YOSHI NEEDS A FRIEND.

/rant
Well I don't think KAMEK will become playable unless some HUGE fanbase wants(her?) In smash and is being really quiet about it. But like I said above, the only characters I can really see becoming playable through dlc is Wolf, K.Rool, Isaac, and Ridley.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If we decided that we want another Yoshi character playable, then yeah, Kamek seems best. The problem is Nintendo hasn't used him in enough major appearances outside of the Yoshi games, not even in spin-off sports titles like Mario Tennis or even Mario Kart. Whenever he is included he isn't playable, limiting how well-known and liked he could be. As a result, the only apparent reason to include Kamek now really just boils down to "moar Yoshi repz" which isn't a very good reason, even if his moveset potential is pretty immense when you stop to think about it.

Outside of Yoshi's New Island (where you DO fight him for once), his last major appearance was as a recurring antagonist in Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Neither Yoshi's New Island nor Paper Mario: Sticker Star were very popular games, sales-wise and fandom-wise, so as of right now Kamek's chances to really shine are borked.

K. Rool hasn't made a major appearance lately either, his latest being in Mario Super Sluggers for the Nintendo Wii, but at the very least he has had a wealth of history of immense love from fans from his previous appearances, where he got to shine a lot. It's the whole reason us Kutthroats really believe we can make K. Rool finally happen this time.

Last edited:

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
K. Rool hasn't made a major appearance lately either, his latest being in Mario Super Sluggers for the Nintendo Wii, but at the very least he has had a wealth of history of immense love from fans from his previous appearances, where he got to shine a lot. It's the whole reason us Kutthroats really believe we can make K. Rool finally happen this time.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a Kamek a regular in the Paper Mario games (at least in TTYD) as well as the M&L games?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It seems /v/ thinks K Rool is deconfirmed....

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/306694350
/v/ also calls people 'f**s' and thinks K. Rool fans are the second coming of Ridley fans. Most of its Smash fans have negative credibility at this point.

Probably the only real scenario I could imagine is him only getting moves from his King persona, which would be a little sad to see when there's so much else he can do (like Ganondorf), but it wouldn't hamper my enjoyment of having the character himself in the game at all.

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
/v/ also calls people 'f**s' and thinks K. Rool fans are the second coming of Ridley fans. Most of its Smash fans have negative credibility at this point.
Whatever happened to the days when a Smash fan could say: "I want Ridley/K.Rool in smash bros" and people would just say: "Well thats a cool idea."?

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
For me, it would depend on how far out of character they go, but as long as he is fun to play as I wouldn't mind too much.
This. Pretty much aslong as it acknowledges SOME canon things like the blunderbuss, krown toss, etc rather than giving him a dumb wario situation where he didn't even have his iconic shoulder bash!

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Or Zero Suit Samus for that matter. I don't recall any game she spends any amount of time out of her power suit except in a certain piece of trash known as Other M, and even then she wouldn't consider fighting outside of her power suit.
You play as Zero Suit Samus in Zero Mission actually.
There are more characters then just Ganondorf and ZSS that don't necessarily ''play'' or ''act'' like their source material. :4rob: was a toy in real life, who, to many children's disappointment, did not have jets that could let it fly or lasers that shot out of its eyes.
This should be a thing.
Lanky is awesome! I would be happy to see him playable in Smash (even if he isn't that revelant and that he have no style or grace.
I'm not saying he isn't, its just stupid to think that he has a better chance at getting in Smash than the characters I listed.
I'm less bothered by the Flanderisation, and more by the way he's been turned into a walking fart joke. I always liked Wario's earliest depictions because he was a git and a brute more than anything.

It's kind of like the slight "Marioisation" of K. Rool in the Paon titles, by toning down his cold and unhinged nature, but on a more extreme scale, the way I see it.
I'm like the only person here who likes Wario's wacky fart joke persona lol. They should have more Warioland stuff though.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a Kamek a regular in the Paper Mario games (at least in TTYD) as well as the M&L games?
Nope, you're thinking of Kammy Koopa, someone different. They get understandably confused, since they're both Magikoopas who are said to have raised Bowser themselves, but Kammy Koopa wears a unique purple set of clothes, has white hair, and is female, while Kamek looks just like any other blue Magikoopa and is a guy. Kammy Koopa never appears outside of the first two Paper Mario games, and Kamek only appeared in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, none of the other M&L games.

Let's not get too off topic by the way. This is a thread for K. Rool.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Whatever happened to the days when a Smash fan could say: "I want Ridley/K.Rool in smash bros" and people would just say: "Well thats a cool idea."?
Those days will return once more (after the next game is announced, most likely). People are probably just tired of it after a year or two of "speculation."

Bananija

Count of Trickery
You play as Zero Suit Samus in Fusion actually.

I'm not saying he isn't, its just stupid to think that he has a better chance at getting in Smash than the characters I listed.

I'm like the only person here who likes Wario's wacky fart joke persona lol. They should have more Warioland stuff though.
1.Agree
2.Actually, Wario was always a wacky fart joke... in Japan interpretation. But agree too

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How excited will you be if/when K. Rool is revealed?

About as excited as my boy Benny here is when he finally got to build his spaceship:

"K. ROOL!!!"
(In my head wise)

YEP thats what my reaction would be for king k rool if confirmed.

As a matter of fact this is my mewtwo reaction when he got revealed at 50-fact (accually 54) direct

Ps you may have now made me intrigued into watching the movie now.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
(In my head wise)

YEP thats what my reaction would be for king k rool if confirmed.

As a matter of fact this is my mewtwo reaction when he got revealed at 50-fact (accually 54) direct

Ps you may have now made me intrigued into watching the movie now.
It's a surprisingly good flick and pretty funny. I'd recommend.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
EDIT: Of course I post this in the wrong thread
Why am I still awake
*walks home*

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I see a top hat in the background!

Edit: Oh, I thought that was for us. I was wondering if there was a VERY well hidden K. Rool reference in there.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I see a top hat in the background!

Edit: Oh, I thought that was for us. I was wondering if there was a VERY well hidden K. Rool reference in there.
I was supposed to post that in the Social Thread
But I'm tired and drunk and Chandelure being here made me think it was the Social
It was actually Hatty Hattington
I'm going to bed now
*waddles to bed*

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
How do you think the other Nintendo villains, including K. Rool, would react to Porky Minch?

We talk frequently about how it would turn out if K. Rool and Bowser met, but few people think of Porky and another thread got me thinking about him.

Edit: Personally, I think Bowser would find Porky way too extreme. K. Rool might actually like Porky's brand of crazy, but K. Rool can't rule a world that's destroyed.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
How do you think the other Nintendo villains, including K. Rool, would react to Porky Minch?

We talk frequently about how it would turn out if K. Rool and Bowser met, but few people think of Porky and another thread got me thinking about him.

Edit: Personally, I think Bowser would find Porky way too extreme. K. Rool might actually like Porky's brand of crazy, but K. Rool can't rule a world that's destroyed.
I feel like they'd think he's an jackass lol.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Another week, another few chances for a Nintendo Direct to be announced, heh.

I have trouble picturing another villain K. Rool would play nicely with. He's too territorial to do so over the long term, and would likely have every intention of backstabbing any villains he deems worthy of an alliance when they're no longer of use to him.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I think the same could be said for most villains or antagonists here in Nintendo. I think Bowser and Dedede have potential to be Trouble King buddies in a hypothetical Mario+Kirby crossover (one of the few IPs I think Mario's world would mesh very well with outside of Donkey Kong) because they really don't have their villainous sights set too high other than controlling their own minions and territory and harassing their heroes.

Ganondorf, K. Rool, and Porky really wouldn't work too well in a team up of villains. Maybe...MAYBE Ridley would be okay with being used as a mercenary by Porky. They both seem to be okay with

Killing the protagonist's parents

Am I wrong in assuming Ridley would work as (very ferocious) hired muscle by a more controlling villain?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Well, Porky and K. Rool are both very "Me, myself and I" - kind of characters, so my bet is that they'll be butting heads more than anything.

I really hope that Porky will join the battle alongside K. Rool, though. He's my #2 character after the King.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280

i think he'd be the one being even King K.rool would find too vile and insufferable to associate with.(not to mention that as said before K.rool is just too territorial for alliances) As for the others bowser would find him way too extreme as well as completely insufferable whilst Ganondorf would be disgusted by this one he'd deem "a pathetic worm".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
K. Rool seems the kind who would love to manipulate Bowser and then dump him when he's done with him. With Porky, I see a circle of backstabbing.

Bowser certainly won't like Porky's world destroying tendencies.
Bowser to Dark Bowser said:
GWAHAHA! Great dark hurricane! Seriously, perfect backdrop for an awesome final battle! You really sweat the details! Listen up! You're saying the kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!
:231:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You play as Zero Suit Samus in Zero Mission actually.

This should be a thing.

Nah, his fart jokes make me laugh too.
Another week, another few chances for a Nintendo Direct to be announced, heh.

I have trouble picturing another villain K. Rool would play nicely with. He's too territorial to do so over the long term, and would likely have every intention of backstabbing any villains he deems worthy of an alliance when they're no longer of use to him.
Guess we won't be getting one till October then.

Dr. Eggman maybe? Both are evil genius's. Or are we just talking nintendo villains here?

Top Bottom