• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
...So anything interesting happen so far about our favorite Ninja joining the battle?
Not much of anything, anywhere, is happening so as of right now? No. However if y’all want to talk about Ninja Gaiden I’m curious to hear what the hardest part of each game was for y’all.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Not much of anything, anywhere, is happening so as of right now? No. However if y’all want to talk about Ninja Gaiden I’m curious to hear what the hardest part of each game was for y’all.
Alright.

Sigma: Marbus' gauntlet on Master Ninja where you have to fight Nicchae, Ishtaros, then Marbus, with Crow Shadow Fiends in between. Alma and her Awakened form are terrible but near the end of the game you have to go through 3 boss fights back to back (with smaller fiend fights in between) with no opportunity to go back to Muramasa's shop and restock. Nicchae is basically Alma 2.0 and Ishtaros was a new boss I had to learn to fight since I skipped the rest of Very Hard by beating Doku at the end of Chapter 2. Marbus was a cakewalk, though. The Emperor, his true form, and Fiend Murai were nowhere near as hard.

Sigma 2: Zedonius on Master Ninja. One of the few bosses in Sigma 2 to have added mooks fight with him. He was already bad enough to fight by himself with fast fireball attacks, AoE flame pillars, and an aerial ground stomp attack that is almost impossible to dodge. I had to spam Enma's Fang's and Eclipse Sycthe's Ultimate Techniques to beat him. What about Elizebet? I spammed Eclipse Scythe's UT which she would keep walking into then she eventually died. I can't help but spam **** when all grabs by bosses are one-hit kill moves. All the girls' chapters were terrible for me as well.

Razor's Edge: The final boss on Ultimate Ninja. The Goddess is unvulnerable during the first phase which requires filling up a long ninpo guage by attacking enemies which they give you the annoying dodgy, attack/grab spammy, spiky fiends to fight. While you are doing this, the giant final boss is summoning energy balls that hit the stage and is constantly slamming her arm on it as well. Luckily, the left side of the stage is a spot that she can't hit you in with her arm but energy blasts can still land there. Anyways, it took me so long to get past the first phase since I kept dying by the fiends that I got fed up and researched how other people beat it. I tried several things and failed. Then I tried the Kusarigama and spammed its 360-T move which is a circular long ranged attack which protects me from all sides and eventually filled that ninpo guage, casted Art of the True Inferno then she died. Just kidding, the rest of the final boss fight is a joke after the first phase so yeah.

Dragon Sword: Dealing with fatigue and a sore left arm and hand cramps from constantly sliding my stylus across the DS screen on the longer fiend challenges from spamming Flying Swallows and Ultimate Techniques... but seriously, the game was a much easier entry in the modern series even on Master Ninja that I can't really think of the hardest thing for me. I'd say Ishtaros because I did die a good number of times to her but they give you a checkpoint right at the start of her boss fight which made it really bearable for me.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
We're not going to get both Capcom and Bandai Namco costumes in the same wave.
I’m going more along the lines of “put Ryu Hayabusa in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a fighter Nintendo!” then the costumes that will appear

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
If his thought process hasn’t change then if he has met with Koei Tecmo and they were considering a character from Koei Tecmo Games, Ryu Hayabusa would undoubtedly be the pick they go with as he is Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja’s most iconic character apart from the likes of Kasumi and William, so when I hear “oh this is who the Koei Tecmo rep would be instead” I really don’t see it being anyone other than Ryu Hayabusa
C828CFFA-AA83-419B-BA58-7D851D7A6652.png

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
This sounds messed up since you have the Monster Hunter and Lloyd Mii costumes in this pick which makes it look like you hoping they get deconfirmed. I'm not saying you're saying that, but the picture along with your wording makes it look like it.
Oh no I’m not saying that, I like Lloyd and Monster Hunter, the attachment is a prediction of what I think is going to happen

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One thing I do wonder is if the Ninja Gaiden Σ Trilogy is also going to come with the old trilogy of games.

Because as far as I’m aware the only modern way to play The Dark Sword of Chaos and The Ancient Ship of Doom is on Wii U Virtual Console. Ninja Gaiden NES is on NSO but other than that the old trilogy is kinda lost.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
One thing I do wonder is if the Ninja Gaiden Σ Trilogy is also going to come with the old trilogy of games.

Because as far as I’m aware the only modern way to play The Dark Sword of Chaos and The Ancient Ship of Doom is on Wii U Virtual Console. Ninja Gaiden NES is on NSO but other than that the old trilogy is kinda lost.
They could be bonus features like how the original 3 Splatterhouse games were bonuses in the 2010 game

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh no I’m not saying that, I like Lloyd and Monster Hunter, the attachment is a prediction of what I think is going to happen
I'm not saying you said that, I'm just saying some people might get the wrong idea and are thinking you said that due to the image alone and you're wording of it in your post.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Look at all the previous Mii Fighter costume waves with returning Mii Costumes from Smash 4. Not one of them had returning content from more than one company in the same wave. It's pretty apparent they spaced them off on purpose
Fair enough. While that is true, a part of me feels like that's something that they COULD subvert our expectations on.

Recently I've started to wonder. With 3 fighters left and only 3 Sm4sh costumes left, it's possible that the next fighter is Lloyd and he'll come with the 2 Monster Hunter costumes. If that happens, then we could get 2 waves of completely new Mii costumes.

Though I suppose it's possible each set are a part of one of the remaining challenger packs, but it would be weird to separate the MH costumes considering how aesthetically similar they are to each other. Especially if they decide to add the Hunters from MH Rise as fighters.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fair enough. While that is true, a part of me feels like that's something that they COULD subvert our expectations on.

Recently I've started to wonder. With 3 fighters left and only 3 Sm4sh costumes left, it's possible that the next fighter is Lloyd and he'll come with the 2 Monster Hunter costumes. If that happens, then we could get 2 waves of completely new Mii costumes.

Though I suppose it's possible each set are a part of one of the remaining challenger packs, but it would be weird to separate the MH costumes considering how aesthetically similar they are to each other. Especially if they decide to add the Hunters from MH Rise as fighters.
I don't think so. I think if Lloyd becomes a fighter his Mii costume will return with him along with new Namco costumes. I don't see Capcom costumes in a Namco Challenger Pack.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I don't think so. I think if Lloyd becomes a fighter his Mii costume will return with him along with new Namco costumes. I don't see Capcom costumes in a Namco Challenger Pack.
Why would they make a new fighter out of a Lloyd and bring his Mii costume back though. I know base game brought back the Isabelle, Chrom, King K. Rool and Inkling costumes despite them being upgraded to playable, but to do the same thing with a DLC character and their old costume just seems pointless. They may as well do a Yuri costume if Lloyd becomes playable.

Also, why do you not think a Namco character would come with Capcom Mii costumes? I wasn't aware they were on any kind of bad terms?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Why would they make a new fighter out of a Lloyd and bring his Mii costume back though. I know base game brought back the Isabelle, Chrom, King K. Rool and Inkling costumes despite them being upgraded to playable, but to do the same thing with a DLC character and their old costume just seems redundant. They may as well do a Yuri costume if Lloyd becomes playable.

Also, why do you not think a Namco character would come with Capcom Mii costumes? I wasn't aware they were on any kind of bad terms?
Well, Lloyd didn't get anything in Ultimate's base game while all the other Smash 4 Mii costumes appeared in physical form as either a playable character, boss, Assist Trophy, backstage cameo, Spirit, or a cameo in Pac-Man's taunt while Lloyd or Tales in general didn't get anything whatsoever in physical form in Ultimate's base.

Namco and Capcom ain't on bad terms with one another, but we haven't seen Smash 4 Mii costumes from two different company return with each other in the same wave yet.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well, Lloyd didn't get anything in Ultimate's base game while all the other Smash 4 Mii costumes appeared in physical form as either a playable character, boss, Assist Trophy, backstage cameo, Spirit, or a cameo in Pac-Man's taunt while Lloyd or Tales in general didn't get anything whatsoever in physical form in Ultimate's base.

Namco and Capcom ain't on bad terms with one another, but we haven't seen Smash 4 Mii costumes from two different company return with each other in the same wave yet.
I wasn't talking about Lloyd's mii costume returning in the same wave as the MH costumes though, I was talking about the possibility of Lloyd being upgraded to an actual playable character and coming with those 2 costume sets in Wave 9.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wasn't talking about Lloyd's mii costume returning in the same wave as the MH costumes though, I was talking about the possibility of Lloyd being upgraded to an actual playable character and coming with those 2 costume sets in Wave 9.
Which was what I was talking about. The fact Lloyd didn't appear in any form in base game whatsoever I think gives him the edge over all the other Smash 4 Mii costumes that didn't become playable since they were probably saving him for DLC.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Which was what I was talking about. The fact Lloyd didn't appear in any form in base game whatsoever I think gives him the edge over all the other Smash 4 Mii costumes that didn't become playable since they were probably saving him for DLC.
That, and it depends on who FP9 is that may or may not seal the fate of the remaining DLC speculation

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That, and it depends on who FP9 is that may or may not seal the fate of the remaining DLC speculation
Yep. I feel like the next fighter will seal the fate of the remaining fighters either because of them being a character in leaks we discuss or somebody we wasn't expecting which would leave the other characters in the dark. I expect the next fighter to kind of give us all our answers and will prove if the community is right or the community is wrong.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I thought that was because he was third-party. All of the other third-party Mii costumes have returned through DLC as opposed to being added in base game like the Nintendo ones were. And you said earlier that you thought if Lloyd becomes playable, then his Mii costume would come with him, but that just seems so unnecessary for DLC in my opinion.

It's possible that Lloyd may not even become playable and his Mii costume does come back with Challenger 9. I was just speculating on the possibility of a playable Lloyd coming with the old Monster Hunter Mii costumes.

I suppose this IS the Ryu Hayabusa thread, and he IS my most wanted fighter... so I should probably drop the subject 😕

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I didn’t mean any offense on my post with Ryu Hayabusa, he’s just my most wanted at this point and to me the game will feel complete with his inclusion, I’m sorry if I have offended anyone as I am a huge fan of both Monster Hunter and Tales of Symphonia but if I had to choose a rep that I think is truly deserving of making the roster, it would be
Ryu Hayabusa

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
They could be bonus features like how the original 3 Splatterhouse games were bonuses in the 2010 game
That's my hope, honestly. I know NG1 was originally included in, I think, Ninja Gaiden Black so there's a little hope there. It's just a little shocking that games like The Messenger and Cyber Shadow are coming out to capitalize on the love for Ninja Gaiden but the old Ninja Gaiden games are stuck to obscurity on VC.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
That's my hope, honestly. I know NG1 was originally included in, I think, Ninja Gaiden Black so there's a little hope there. It's just a little shocking that games like The Messenger and Cyber Shadow are coming out to capitalize on the love for Ninja Gaiden but the old Ninja Gaiden games are stuck to obscurity on VC.
Actually, the original NES trilogy was included with the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox then Ninja Gaiden Black replaced them with the arcade game. All subsequent versions omitted them. I agree and can't think of a reason why only the first NES Ninja Gaiden is on NES Switch Online and NES Mini. Maybe they are saving up for Ryu's reveal in Smash, if only.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Actually, the original NES trilogy was included with the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox then Ninja Gaiden Black replaced them with the arcade game. All subsequent versions omitted them. I agree and can't think of a reason why only the first NES Ninja Gaiden is on NES Switch Online and NES Mini. Maybe they are saving up for Ryu's reveal in Smash, if only.
Maybe they could release the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on the SNES Switch Online?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I thought that was because he was third-party. All of the other third-party Mii costumes have returned through DLC as opposed to being added in base game like the Nintendo ones were. And you said earlier that you thought if Lloyd becomes playable, then his Mii costume would come with him, but that just seems so unnecessary for DLC in my opinion.

It's possible that Lloyd may not even become playable and his Mii costume does come back with Challenger 9. I was just speculating on the possibility of a playable Lloyd coming with the old Monster Hunter Mii costumes.

I suppose this IS the Ryu Hayabusa thread, and he IS my most wanted fighter... so I should probably drop the subject 😕
Yep. We should drop the Lloyd talk since it has nothing to do with Ninja Gaiden or Hayabusa's chances.

Top Bottom