• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm confident Hayabusa will get in and I believe he'll have a main costume and an alt that references both his NES days and his modern incarnation. I think his music list should be the same way. A celebration of the entire franchise.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I think the one on the farthest left is Cubfu from Pokemon, and the 2nd farthest one to right is Amaterasu.

Edit: I now believe center is Sol Badguy.
Okay it took me a bit to recognize Cubfu, but HoLY S*** Amaterasu?! What even is this pic?! It's got like 3 of my most wanted characters on it!! 😱 (Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot and Amaterasu)

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Okay it took me a bit to recognize Cubfu, but HoLY S*** Amaterasu?! What even is this pic?! It's got like 3 of my most wanted characters on it!! 😱 (Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot and Amaterasu)
Yeah same. Ammy and Sol are two of my most wanteds, and Crash is up there as well.

However, I'm almost certain this is fake. Not only is Photoshop pretty darn accessible now, but both Amaterasu and Yuri's are almost identical in posture to those of figures of them.

Yuri:

Amaterasu:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah same. Ammy and Sol are two of my most wanteds, and Crash is up there as well.

However, I'm almost certain this is fake. Not only is Photoshop pretty darn accessible now, but both Amaterasu and Yuri's are almost identical in posture to those of figures of them.

Yuri:

Amaterasu:
Not to mention someone brought up the fact that Sol's sprite's straight ripped from his page on the website Dustloop.
1613355186416.png

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I don't think anyone has the full image of the complete "Everyone is Here!" poster anyway. If Sakurai and co. were smart, they wouldn't have it put together already before the end of the DLC cycle so it couldn't possibly get leaked.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace

Yuri:

Amaterasu:
I'm almost certain it's fake too now that I look at the image better. Crash and Ryu look pretty good on there, but everyone else are suspicious looking...

Btw, where can I get that Ammy statue at? It's badass!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It was cool to see something new pop up but wow we killed that one fast. That Hayabusa pose IS pretty sick tho.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
This is probably reaching but, can anybody verify that Ryu and Crash are photoshopped? They look pretty good in comparison to the other 4. Is it possible that they're real on a later version of the mural, while Ammy, Cub, Sol and Yuri were faked on it?

Damn, I am really reaching... But admittedly, I'm no expert on photoshopping.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know I needed text in the pic, I was being dramatic, but this was shared with me on the PapaGenos discord, real or fake? Who knows

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got this in the mail late yesterday. :088:
20210215_014854.jpg

Got the day off of work today due to the holiday so I know what I'm going to be doing. lol

EDIT: And I beat it. lol
A solid enough game that is probably best compared to NG3 and Batman. Ryu's gameplay is mostly the same bar having a shorter jump, not being able to move while hanging, a self damaging screen attack, and the ability to crawl. Wall jumping feels almost note for note how it does in Batman NES and the game often reuses stage design tricks from it as well. The game is very generous with check points and infinite subweapons are very abuseable. The issue is though that level design tends to be cheap in the bad way. Lots of bottomless pits and surprise attacks that leave no way to dodge even if you know they're coming.

Many enemies have homing projectiles, are very fast, and a majority of then take more than hit to kill, even those borrowed from the NES games. If you thought Hawks (also in the game) were Ryu's worst nightmare, this game has fireballs that attack in groups of 3-4, hug onto you rather than take swipes, and take 2 hits to defeat, and almost exclusively appear over small platforms.

The game is very colorful and has great graphics, but the story, music, and cutscenes are bland. Bosses are surprisingly easy (because infinite subweapons) and have very predictable patterns. Am glad to own it and will play it again though I can't say it's better than the NES trilogy bar the NA version of NG3.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
You know I just realized, there were 6 new characters on that image... we're only supposed to be getting 3 more characters for Fighter Pass 2... that part completely slipped my mind :facepalm:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nearly zero. Did anyone guess Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth for the first 3?
That one 4chan leak with Rayman, Hayabusa and Doom Slayer did. I don't have the source, but I remember seeing that the leaker dropped that leak in May of last year which was a couple of months after the Arms guessing game and a month before it was announced Min Min was the Arms rep. It would be real easy to guess Min Min at the time because of us knowning we were getting a Arms rep and with Min Min being the most popular Arms character who won the Party Crash Bash, she would have been a obvious guess. Steve and Sephiroth were kind out of leftfield that no one saw coming. That leaker might have just had lucky guesses, but we'll wait and see how things unfold first.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
That one 4chan leak with Rayman, Hayabusa and Doom Slayer did. I don't have the source, but I remember seeing that the leaker dropped that leak in May of last year which was a couple of months after the Arms guessing game and a month before it was announced Min Min was the Arms rep. It would be real easy to guess Min Min at the time because of us knowning we were getting a Arms rep and with Min Min being the most popular Arms character who won the Party Crash Bash, she would have been a obvious guess. Steve and Sephiroth were kind out of leftfield that no one saw coming. That leaker might have just had lucky guesses, but we'll wait and see how things unfold first.
There was also an anonymous post on GameFaqs that came out in I believe early 2019, and it had Joker, Erdrick, Banjo and Terry Bogard on it, as well as KOS-MOS for Fighters Pass 1. Obviously, the first 4 wound up being right, while the last one ended up being Byleth. So there are cases where text leaks can get REALLY lucky with their guesses, before being proven wrong. So I don't know if I can in good faith believe the leak you're talking about, even if it does have Ryu on it, and even though I believe Ryu is highly likely to be coming.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some of the SmashBoards staff made a top ten list of who the most likely characters were for Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Ryu Hayabusa got in the top five: https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...likely-characters-for-ultimate-part-2.512203/

Admittedly, it's a small sample size (seven people put lists together), but he ranked highly on a pretty consistent basis. (over half of the lists had him in the top three) Hopefully that winds up being accurate tomorrow.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
It's really weird they said Smash "information" and not that they would announce a fighter. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs, but it was curious to me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, this is it. The point of no return, tomorrow afternoon we will know who FP9 is beyond a shadow of a doubt

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Not that timing always leads to a character reveal that coinsides with something related to that character's series, but wasn't there a rumor that the Sigma Trilogy was coming in March?

Anyhow, Hayabusa is my most wanted at this point who has a realistic chance of getting in. I hope he gets revealed tomorrow.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think this is our best shot. I don’t see him coming as one of the last two so hopefully if we see a Smash character tomorrow it’ll be our boy.

And if we don’t see him it’s still pretty likely we see the Sigma Trilogy regardless which is very exciting.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Agreed on this seeming like his best shot, though an announcement of the Trilogy coming to Switch would be nice as well given the many many rumors.

C59D9797-149B-4CD0-A09B-065C8CDCEB15.jpeg

Man, I sure hope it’s him! Literally can’t think of a better candidate from the “likely” category.
This is great both in and out of context. LMAO

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think this is our best shot. I don’t see him coming as one of the last two so hopefully if we see a Smash character tomorrow it’ll be our boy.

And if we don’t see him it’s still pretty likely we see the Sigma Trilogy regardless which is very exciting.
Yeah. I view Hayabusa in a similar vein to Terry. I think both of them are close in terms of recognition and importance to the industry. This is also the same time in the point of the FP that Terry was revealed.
But of course, we can’t rely on patterns and game announcements to predict reveals. So we’ll see.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Good morning, fellow 🥷. Today is the day. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and our minds open about who this new fighter could be. And of course, keep an eye out for the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy.

Personally I think this is Hayabusa’s best shot. All in all he could still happen but right now is when it makes the most sense. Either way, it’s been a hell of a ride.

Top Bottom