• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imran says he doesn’t think that Tales Of will be playable, I’m not saying he’s correct but he does have a track record and if so then the only potential candidate left for a playable character would between Monster Hunter, Lloyd Irving, and Ryu Hayabusa would be Ryu HayabusaView attachment 299212
Monster Hunter, Lloyd, and Hayabusa have no relation to each other's chances since they're owned by Capcom, Namco, and Tecmo respectively. So even if one of them happens, that doesn't mean the others will follow since we have no idea how this will all go down.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like that's a bit too ambitious lol. Besides, wouldn't this thread be terminated if Ryu becomes playable?
If any character becomes playable, their support thread is moved into the character's subforum, and it becomes the social thread for that character. (aside from odd cases like Piranha Plant, where there was no support thread from what I recall, or Hero, where there were three separate support threads, so a new one was made to keep it simple)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel like that's a bit too ambitious lol. Besides, wouldn't this thread be terminated if Ryu becomes playable?
A thread is usually closed if they go on for too long or violate the rules, not if the character becomes playable

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302

Oh brother, Microsoft again... :glare:

View attachment 299648
Eh, best wishes to Itagaki. Hope he finds success in his future ventures. Another great action game like modern Ninja Gaiden would be nice. He just needs a good team and to not make his vision too ambitious lest it be another Devil's Third.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be fair, I doubt they would have survived that kind of flop.

Annnnnnywho, when do you lot expect to hear about the rumored Ninja Gaiden Trilogy in March? I guess it wouldn't be until a Partner Showcase.
I’d have to expect it by the end of February. Otherwise it may have gotten delayed out of March.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Or it could be saved to be coincided with a Smash Ultimate reveal? (Ok probably not but I can dream)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or it could be saved to be coincided with a Smash Ultimate reveal? (Ok probably not but I can dream)
On average, reveals occurring for a character promoting something occurs at least a few months after the fact, so I think this would be on too short of a notice.

Granted, :ultjoker: was revealed a week after Persona Q2 came out, but at least that was known to exist since September of 2018, at the time.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well I dunno if this was shared already but I just saw this interview and then stumbled on this question:

Excellent. Can we expect to see Ryu Hayabusa in a new game anytime soon, Ninja Gaiden or otherwise? I keep asking about Ninja Gaiden, I'm sorry.

[FY] Yeah, so that character is the most important character from all of our franchises. So, considering he's so important, I would definitely like to have him make an appearance again in a game coming soon, and I would like to announce details about that in the future, as soon as possible.
So first of all, thank the lord the interviewer is smart enough to not add the word "smash" on the question, lol. I feel like whenever an interviewer includes that word in a question it just reduces all chances of getting an interesting answer haha.

Secondly, whatever it is, he is definitely hyping something out he wants to announce soon as possible with Ryu Hayabusa included in him. I honestly don't think he would be hyping out the rumored sigma ports that were leaked to be coming to the switch sometime this year ( if that rumor is real at all anyway…), so it's either something new or maybe he could… just maybe, be getting in some kind of crossover, be it smash or maybe other fighting game? 🤔

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Ok so this part is interesting, It seems as though he is implying that Ryu Hayabusa will be appearing in something soon, now that could mean anything, be it TEKKEN, Guilty Gear, KOF, hell FORTNITE for all I know, but if you take all those titles and think about it doesn’t fit with the plans these titles have at the moment (TEKKEN just got Kunimitsu, KOF XV was just revealed and if any KT crossover were too happen it would probably be Kasumi due to past crossovers, Guilty Gear actually could have Hayabusa as a guest, and FORTNITE....no), and the Trilogy itself doesn’t seem like something to hype Ryu Hayabusa for, so the only one that makes sense too me of what this could mean is potentially Ryu Hayabusa joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable Fighter (hopefully)
C0736134-060D-40D1-B18C-44CD78BAB21A.jpeg

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ok so this part is interesting, It seems as though he is implying that Ryu Hayabusa will be appearing in something soon, now that could mean anything, be it TEKKEN, Guilty Gear, KOF, hell FORTNITE for all I know, but if you take all those titles and think about it doesn’t fit with the plans these titles have at the moment (TEKKEN just got Kunimitsu, KOF XV was just revealed and if any KT crossover were too happen it would probably be Kasumi due to past crossovers, Guilty Gear actually could have Hayabusa as a guest, and FORTNITE....no), and the Trilogy itself doesn’t seem like something to hype Ryu Hayabusa for, so the only one that makes sense too me of what this could mean is potentially Ryu Hayabusa joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable Fighter (hopefully)View attachment 299828
Yeah literally what I was just saying above lol

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Ok so this part is interesting, It seems as though he is implying that Ryu Hayabusa will be appearing in something soon, now that could mean anything, be it TEKKEN, Guilty Gear, KOF, hell FORTNITE for all I know, but if you take all those titles and think about it doesn’t fit with the plans these titles have at the moment (TEKKEN just got Kunimitsu, KOF XV was just revealed and if any KT crossover were too happen it would probably be Kasumi due to past crossovers, Guilty Gear actually could have Hayabusa as a guest, and FORTNITE....no), and the Trilogy itself doesn’t seem like something to hype Ryu Hayabusa for, so the only one that makes sense too me of what this could mean is potentially Ryu Hayabusa joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a playable Fighter (hopefully)View attachment 299828
SNK also did announce a new season of Samurai Shodown, right? So if not KOFXV, than perhaps Ryu Hayabusa in SamSho? Ideally, it would be Ryu Hayabusa in Smash, but it's important to factor other possibilities here.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To play Devil's Advocate for a moment, doesn't SNK mostly go after characters that aren't exactly well-known among hardcore gamers, for their guests? Kind of got a hard time seeing too much demand for For Honor's Warden, Honor of Kings' Gonsun Lee, or Million Arthur.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Actually now that I look at that part of the interview again it kinda feels like it’s the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy and I’m saying because of the wording, as it says “in a game coming soon” which would imply a game that has not been released yet but I don’t think he’s particularly talking about Smash here I think he’s talking about the Trilogy that has leaked but has not been officially announced yet, however that doesn’t hurt Ryu Hayabusa’s chances at Smash at all in fact I’ve said many times on this thread why do a trilogy at all? Ryu Hayabusa is famous but he’s not Mario level iconic to where you would throw 3 games into one and it would sell like hotcakes, that works for Mario because it’s Mario, but for Ryu Hayabusa there is a fan base but if you really want to increase sales then putting him in Smash would be the way to do it and that’s also why I feel like they’ve held off this announcement for so long is to coincide with Smash, so if there is a Partner Showcase this month and this trilogy is nowhere to be found and the March release is right there, then somethings up

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In that context, it feels like a "well, duh" statement.

As in, of course he would make a significant appearance in a game release from his own series that's coming soon. As opposed to something like Yaiba, but I'd rather not talk about that.

In any case, I still don't think he'd be announced for Smash until a few months after the trilogy releases. If we see a Partner Showcase, it'll have to be next week.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well I dunno if this was shared already but I just saw this interview and then stumbled on this question:

So first of all, thank the lord the interviewer is smart enough to not add the word "smash" on the question, lol. I feel like whenever an interviewer includes that word in a question it just reduces all chances of getting an interesting answer haha.

Secondly, whatever it is, he is definitely hyping something out he wants to announce soon as possible with Ryu Hayabusa included in him. I honestly don't think he would be hyping out the rumored sigma ports that were leaked to be coming to the switch sometime this year ( if that rumor is real at all anyway…), so it's either something new or maybe he could… just maybe, be getting in some kind of crossover, be it smash or maybe other fighting game? 🤔
Good eyes, fellas. Yeah, I think after that last interview that said NG4 wasn’t in the works this is the good news we needed. If there’s no NG4 then he’s either showing up in a new Warriors title, a new Dead or Alive title, or best of all smash.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Is the sigma trilogy any good? I can't say I'm overly interested in the old retro games and those are something I'd have probably had to grow up with to enjoy but I'm always done for an alright hack-n'-slash. I've heard so so feelings about the modern games so idk if it will be worth buying for me.

To play Devil's Advocate for a moment, doesn't SNK mostly go after characters that aren't exactly well-known among hardcore gamers, for their guests? Kind of got a hard time seeing too much demand for For Honor's Warden, Honor of Kings' Gonsun Lee, or Million Arthur.
Gonsun Li makes me thing that those characters were guest characters picked for easy money because Tencent is just Tencent and will do anything to shill their MOBA stuff. Never ever Honor of Kings.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Good eyes, fellas. Yeah, I think after that last interview that said NG4 wasn’t in the works this is the good news we needed. If there’s no NG4 then he’s either showing up in a new Warriors title, a new Dead or Alive title, or best of all smash.
It's very unlikely to be a new DOA title since it hasn't even been 2 years since DOA6's release. We just had Age of Calamity, so another Warriors game this year is fairly unlikely also. Smash is the only logical answer

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
It's very unlikely to be a new DOA title since it hasn't even been 2 years since DOA6's release. We just had Age of Calamity, so another Warriors game this year is fairly unlikely also. Smash is the only logical answer
I still can’t tell if it’s for Smash or if it’s just for the Sigma Trilogy though

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I find it odd to hype out his importance just for some old ports like the sigma trilogy, tbh. Maybe it's a new game entirely or just him in some game as a guest.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I find it odd to hype out his importance just for some old ports like the sigma trilogy, tbh. Maybe it's a new game entirely or just him in some game as a guest.
Ninja Gaiden isn’t getting a new game though, or do you mean a new game by Koei Tecmo and then him appearing in it?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe it would be a big deal specifically because it's the first time in ages that he showed up in a game as anything other than a guest, even if it's just a port compilation.

Heck, even just coming back in Warriors Orochi (again) was seen as hype-worthy:

The producers of WARRIORS OROCHI 4 Ultimate are proud to announce Hayabusa’s inclusion in our upcoming game, as he returns to the WARRIORS OROCHI series after a five-year hiatus to join over 170 playable characters, including others like Joan of Arc and the goddess Gaia, in a 1 vs. 1,000 over-the-top action experience.
Incidentally, this happened around the time most were confused about the SNK/Terry leak.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
So now that the Trilogy is imminent when do you guys think it will be announced? And how do you think this will affect his chances in Smash?

Last edited:
Top Bottom