• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just 'nother Mafia game | Game over, town wins

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Shoot, fella, lets play the game of Del/Dietz TvT

Maven ain't scum and apparently we were the only folks with enough brain matter workin right to see it without setup/mechanics, so we should be able to collaborate.

Meanwhile Im comin into a game where you didn't push or question kaladin (but postured hella strongly in your language), voted the varmint late in the game, outed the tracker first thing on D2 and set your vote on the nullest slot with the weakest and easiest to mislynch player in control. And its still there after you've said I'm "more likely town", and you ain't askin anybody any questions. Just keepin that vote parked.

Then I ask a question specifically to try to help me read ya better and ya blow it off. Meanwhile, vote is still parked, as though the fact that Im iteratin' opinions I had before I had an alignment somehow makes me a justifiable focus of your attention shortly after mitigating the reason you voted Koops as pressure (an answer I accept tentatively) and stating on paper that Im "more likely" town.

Understand why I have a hard time seein your town stripes? If you're town I'm gettin played, and ain't NOBODY helpin me figure out by whom.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Drop the grandstand for a moment and let me speak. I'm not done.

Also I wasn't aware that Gheb would keep my vote on after a repalcement, but if it is I don't see how it matters right now. No one is about to hammer you.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Well shoot, ain't that serendipitous! I made a "see it from my perspective" post and you ninja'ed (that the right use?) me with your own such post.

I'm gonna spark up a cigarette and see if I can wrangle your perspective. That's a promise, fella. Do the same I guess

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I've been typing that for awhile lol.

I won't be done saying what I have to say for a little bit either. I still have to talk about what's still wrong on your push against me, then we can take it farther about who is left and what I think.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll be very brief because so far I haven't, but I thought about this while mulling the game over in the back of my mind outside of thread.

I've realized the problem with your push is that you give me wildly differing levels of credit as scum at different points in the game, and of course since you think I'm scum you've been fitting the level of competence to match what would make sense as scum motivated at each point.

When you're discussing the possibility of me maneuvering Maven to defend Kaladin I'm scum Bobby Fischer. Which is pointless since I hard defended Maven the rest of D1 and continuing from there.

When you're discrediting me for "forgetting to be town" and pushing Soup so hard I have nothing else to go on I'm a scum who just hopped off the stupid train.

When I'm supposedly behind the scenes talking to Kaladin to ask him to talk about me, I'm a an idiot who apparently didn't have the common sense to ask his scum partner not to put people to L-1 twice in the time between that post, but did tell him to talk more about me.

Then later I have perfect thread awareness again and have determined that if I just ask nicely, people will out tracker and it's the worst possible time for that. (I've explained why I don't really think that's the case, but the point is, I'm extremely on point again on my scum game in your push)

Most of these things have a much more logical explanation, that I'm mediocre town and have done "okay" by all means when I'm here, which is consistent throughout becuase I know what I'm actually trying to do while I'm playing, and so far that's been the things I've described lol.

And that's all the stuff I really wanted to say before we continue on with the rest of the game. Because I know I'm town, so I'm not going to stop my defense until I've made that fact as clear as possible again so we can win. Now we can discuss the others, and how they've treated or not treated this.

(Which I will actually stall for for now because I plan to see a movie in a half hour with friends, but when I return I'll be examining what you say to this, and what they've posted that I've ignored because I had an agenda of what I wanted to say first beforehand)

Orboknown

Smash Hero
The only thing woth how I'm treating delVdietz
Is either like dietz said, hes very inconsistent with what he thinks people are capable of
Or like some of the stuff with J,its things i feel aren'tvery worth pointing out/holding against people

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Frankly if you're town it should be the easiest thing in the world to see where I'm comin from and you seemed to agree when you commenced defendin yourself. As such I got no desire to collaborate on a public blueprint for how the last baddie can fit into things cozy-like.

All I got to say as before is that I been tryin to take every which run at this game and I keep comin back to ya. Still got the disconnects I wanna talk about (meaning you had PoE on TOP of allat) and I sure as shoot ain't talkin about em while there has still yet to be any new analysis of the game I haven't provided myself.

But your answers ain't been terrible. I guess if you were mathin' on maven not bein the tracker, I can see the pov where ya might see a tracker clear with a +1 as an easy win.

I will say I don't accept the differing levels of competence criticism at all. Every slot in a game is gonna waver in quality of play unless you're real dang good or spitoon flavored awful. This is gonna be even more true for a slot playin as mafia considerin' they know the real answers and gotta fabricate their moves from one moment to the next.

That and I dont agree with the way ya construed this competency issue either. Ain't nothin Bobby Fischer level about bein overly sensitive to someone callin a gut town lean on your scumbuddy. Quite the opposite in fact. Similarly it ain't like the whole case rests on you possibly tellin kaladin to remember you exist; the point is he FORGOT that was the case beforehand, consistently, despite bein tangled up in the same cobweb for a lengthy period. Or if I'm right and ya did slip him a note askin him to play less terribly, that ain't gonna mean ya somehow have control over the terrible plays he does or doesn't choose to make. Puttin soup or maven at L-1 wasn't inherently scummy, it was the how and why.

Just think that's a real half baked "weakness". I ain't gonna press on. Your motive for lookin for reasons my argument is wrong is the same as either alignment so it aint worth arguin and ain't gonna tell me nothin new.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Orbo: Because as I have already established, you're my current outside shot, but if somebody's actively trickin me its J, and J is pushin you while she's already declined to offer thoughts/analysis on you ("for the evening", which is on the verge of becoming 3 consecutive evenings). Dietz has declined to scumhunt or analyze (for now), you ain't doin much, and J is pushin you and ain't brought much to the table yet though she's promised to.

Why would I blurt out a buncha **** that only helps scum? I ain't J. In my first game ever I watched a fella catch scum on the "narrate twice act once" ratio. Some things are better left unsaid until you've seen other people talk about em independently. Not every which thought belongs on paper for the rest of the game to see

And given that I just debunked the "inconsistent competence" point you better have more to offer on that thought.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Orboknown Orboknown

When, how, and why did Kaladin become the "most scummy" to you? When askin you for a recap, that was the #1 thing I was hopin to hear about and ya said the least about it really.

How sold on his lynch were ya? Was it "acceptable D1" or did you think you had a baddie in your beartrap?

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
And how do ya feel about J's actions? All of em. I made a post last page floatin Maven some ideas and concerns, wouldn't mind your take on it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orboknown Orboknown

When, how, and why did Kaladin become the "most scummy" to you? When askin you for a recap, that was the #1 thing I was hopin to hear about and ya said the least about it really.

How sold on his lynch were ya? Was it "acceptable D1" or did you think you had a baddie in your beartrap?
Just slowly built up during the day. By days end i was 70 percent sure he was scum due to shoddy answering and dipping out without saying much. It helped no one else was doing much to get in the way
And how do ya feel about J's actions? All of em. I made a post last page floatin Maven some ideas and concerns, wouldn't mind your take on it.
bojt to watch a friends concert. I'll work on it

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Finally here and going to be responding and looking at some things now. Gotta love whirlwind weekends.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems I misspoke since I got dragged to a party and now I'm way too inebriated to be able to give content that has any substantial value haha.

However, I can talk a little bit why I find Orbo scummy at the current time. I would say I have him at my highest and then Delly would have to be second considering the facts that I really did like Ditzy's responses to Delly as I was reading through. The reason I say Orbo should go today is the fact that he has done nothing to actively (!!! Key word here) find scum. Where as we all have each had our own pushes and at least have shown that we want to find scum, Orbo has not done so at all and just comes into the thread to waffle on people instead of making a hard stance. (Honestly a problem with Ditzy because he's stopped actually saying who he thinks is scum as of late and needs to pick a side of his Delly/Koopy read so that an opinion can be had and I also dislike that he has Orbo at such an arm's length when there is not a whole lot of reason to like him at all)

Actually tangent mode for a second, I kind of dislike how Ditzy has made quite a bit of his stronger points around votes and actually that is what everyone has been doing this game. Votes are sooooooooo easy to fabricate in my opinion and honestly like from a 100% candid point of view, I could see even my vote being considered something a scum mate would do. Is it something I would do personally? No way in heck. However, if it was anyone else I wouldn't be clearing my slot or giving my slot any extra townie points because it's a null move. The timing was important but meh. This is really getting off topic but I am disliking how a lot of players are handling me and not looking at my actions but just looking at my vote on Kaladin as the sole factor of things thwarting me. But this segways into this!!

Orbo has been insistent on Myself and Delly being scum consistently but he has never really explained about his Ditzy read in more detail. Heck, even in his most recent post with more than he usually says he continues to express that votes are the biggest point of concern EXCEPT my vote should be considered bull where Ditzy could be given some town points. I don't get that rationale. Lately Orbo has just been Ditzy's parrot and if I wasn't on my phone I would cite some evidence. A lot of Orbo's actions just revolve around following what seems to be going on in the thread and then trying to justify things in his own words that go nowhere. Honestly it's a mess when looking at his play this game and I feel strongly that he is the final scum.

With my current Orbo read, I am looking at Delly vs. Ditzy as TvT. If I had to pick a side if I was wrong onOrbo (which I don't think so currently) I would probably lynch Delly over Ditzy. That can be discussed at another point because my main focus is to lynch scummy Orbo and hopefully end the game with that. I think Delly is operating way too much with replacement bias and Ditzy had some good damn retort to what was presented against him.

Sadly, I wish Maven was doing more with his cleared status although he finds me second after Ditzy as town, I just want more investigating between Delly and Or o and picking a side to stand on. (Choose Orbo *nudge nudge*)

Anyways, I probably should not have made this post but sober me promised a post and now I'm following up with it until I can get some evidence to support my claim but honestly when re-reading I just got stronger in my Orbo discontent and the. A little stronger in my Dirzy read.

So for now it goes Orbo>>>Delly>Ditzy it that helps and I still urge an Orbo lynch above all.

Maven89

Smash Master
J you are my strongest scum read, where the **** do you keep getting this "Maven thinks I'm town" BS from? You've done it twice now. I've never said or suggested that. I dislike your slot entirely and still dislike it. You've yet to do a single positive thing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
But I want #HBC | J #HBC | J to tell me what he thinks and go into more specifics about Orbo, because I actually have him after Dietz in my reads. I haven't re-read his day 1 stuff in a while but I don't remember seeing anythign really scummy from him, and nothing recently.

He has been coasting but large parts of that is his job, and when you exclude the fact that he can only post small amounts his content hasn't been scummy at all.
Maven89 Maven89 : At first I thought my alter self put his foot into his mouth, but I double checked this post. You said that I am after Ditzy in your reads (which has been a town read as far as I remember) and then you said that my content hasn't been scummy at all. So can you explain more if I am actually our #1 scum-read because the mixed signals game is not fun at all haha.

Take a fella out or cut him loose. No one likes a tease.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dietz votes and hed sort kf been calling that slot out as well.
I may have read a bit too much into this, but that's what I got with you pointing out that he had been calling out Kaladin prior to voting him = good vibes from the slot based on your vague playstyle.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I may have read a bit too much into this, but that's what I got with you pointing out that he had been calling out Kaladin prior to voting him = good vibes from the slot based on your vague playstyle.
Mah bad. I was just running threw the recap of the first day

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Mah bad. I was just running threw the recap of the first day
Orbo, let's play a hypothetical since you seem to be around. If I'm not scum and you aren't scum. Who is? Like it would be between the Ditzy/Delly argument and I would probably give it to Ditzy as the town in that category and I feel like that is going to be your straight away answer, but can I get (even if it's brief) an analysis on why Ditzy cannot be scum because if you are town, you have the best reading ability of Ditzy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Maven should be voting me then instead of holding his vote so I don't get confused. >:[

Why do people never vote on SWF? I will never understand the point of withholding the best weapon you get as town.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo, let's play a hypothetical since you seem to be around. If I'm not scum and you aren't scum. Who is? Like it would be between the Ditzy/Delly argument and I would probably give it to Ditzy as the town in that category and I feel like that is going to be your straight away answer, but can I get (even if it's brief) an analysis on why Ditzy cannot be scum because if you are town, you have the best reading ability of Ditzy.
dietz isn't scum because he'd have just buried you kr me once del got in and started posting. He's definitely not looking at the east way here. Like real talk it would not be very hard to axe me today and not get ****ed up by the town after the fact.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Maven should be voting me then instead of holding his vote so I don't get confused. >:[

Why do people never vote on SWF? I will never understand the point of withholding the best weapon you get as town.
Uhh
Reasons? I usually forget about it to be honest

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't think Ditzy would lynch you though at all if you was scum Orbo. You've been his #1 beneficiary this entire game and you have stated quite clearly (and honestly the only read you have) that he is scum. Wouldn't that make more sense for him to make toDay about myself/Delly and then have you in LyLo with him? From a DitzyScum perspective he is sitting really pretty with you alive because on more phase and he has the numbers to win regardless of who he takes of Myself/Delly into LyLo.

Again, we are still in the hypothetical universe that my reads are flip-flopped but this is a fun avenue to look at because I am finding more ?'s to pose/look at. Mainly because I am trying to look at in this situation as to who scum would want to take into LyLo which is a thought process no one is looking at currently. I'm actually getting into a typing storm looking at this line of thought so I'm gonna concoct a post so gimme like a couple minutes because I want to flesh this out.

We should be talking about the long game here rather than the short term because I feel that is what scum is trying to do here.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Fair but
You mean that hes town right
?
Also, yeah id probably lean toward lynching del right now. Like i can see you thinking things out and working here where it seems like del just came into this day with his agenda

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
...thinkin out loud ain't **** for town, are you for real right now Orboknown Orboknown ?

Yeah I came in with an agenda. The agenda was "I had 2 scumlicks during D1 that I felt fit, and one flipped scum, and I looked back over the game and found even more suspect **** despite tryin to be impartial and now I'm pushin him because my agenda is to kill players I think are bad guys"

Despite that certainty Ive questioned everybody here more than once, from more than one angle, tryin real dang hard to make SURE I gotta right to be so sure. **** I'd've done even more if J didn't harp on me about not havin a public scumpick and similar nonsense until my cards were tilted halfway down.

Makin one long thinkpost after another is the nullest **** in nullville. It ain't scummy but narratin your every which thought and puttin on a performance about how much thinkin you're doin..... C'mon. It ain't scummy (unless that's all yer content is) but it sure as shoot ain't "yup town".

Frankly I dont care for the fact that its now been THREE DAYS since J declined to analyze the thread or offer new points & analysis on you because she wanted to see dietz/del play out. Where were the great insights to justify that? She just said she likes Dietz's replies (a sentiment expressed by absolutely ALL OF US in the interim to varying degrees). Where were the new insights on you? She reiterated the exact same junk she was sayin earlier -- a case that boils down to "activity" in a lotta respects which I find suspect in a game where you're A SOLDIER in real life and a game where passive playstyles in general both exist and are null (sometimes even quite effective).

Nothin much of fresh value there. Nothin that justifies the vacation from the game by any stretch. It was a long wait for the same points with far more words.

I'm curious to know what Jdietz43 Jdietz43 thinks of the speculation J just made about what would be ideal scumplay for Dietzcum. I see both good and bad in it, with maybe a whisper of ugly. What's your microscope showin ya, fella?

...And EVERYTHING else, for that matter.

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
'tween me and J there are 3 registered users in this thread.

Orbo or Dietz, whichever of ya is lurkin, you better have content and insights soon. It's the good Lord's day and that means it's time to kick back and play mafia.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just got home and am going to eat dinner, but I do intend to have insights.

For the record, I rate the movie Krampus as "Ok".

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I feel this is going to be the best way for me to get my thoughts all fleshed out and to also look at the game from a different perspective. The only person I will be leaving out of this is Maven. I may even talk about the hypothetical as if what I would do if I was scum because that may help me understand the enemy a bit more by looking at it that way by getting into their shoes. This is also where my PoE comes into play which

Orbo

Hmm, now the thing about my strongest scum-read is that he seems to have no long-term agenda. He's a very present day player and does not seem to be thinking about who is going to be lynched in the long run. If he is thinking about it, then it has not been present in the thread. Everything about Orbo seems very bandwagony and just going with the flow of "Yeah, I'd lynch them." as long as their name is not Ditzy. Unless Orbo is banking on the LyLo situation of being in against someone with Ditzy being able to back him because the two seem to reach other well and he feels he can manipulate Ditzy for the win, then Orbo is kind of just sitting here with a meh PoV. What is Orbo's scum agenda? Is it to float under the radar and just get the W by just being here enough to not detect much suspicion and win that way? The more I keep on thinking about OrboScum the more it does not make a whole lot of sense to me. On the exterior, he looks scummy. On the interior, he doesn't. This is very strange because I have not really been looking at it this way and mainly just looking at what his actions present besides the mentality behind as to why. The more I look at Orbo the more I am not really seeing scum and actually just looking at things from a perspective of "Maybe this guy is just town that has been in a rut of not doing much of anything significant?" I am just scratching my head because my gut tells me this slot is the one that I should be honing in on and the one that I really think I need to be lynching, however, I am actually less sold on it the more I talk to myself about it.

There is nothing I can really say for a long-term agenda because when looking at the game from this point, the other two have much more of a stronger PoV for long-term than Orbo. That isn't to say Orbo can't just be lazy scum and I am over-thinking the hell out of everything, but this is a good new train of thought to express.

Delly

When thinking of Delly, most of what I can say about him is that he is abrasive and not really being 100% honest when looking at his posts. I feel that there is something that he is trying to play at throughout the game and the fact is, he is playing with an agenda. I go back and forth as to whether I find it a towny or a scummy agenda because both sides have their points. One could look at Delly and see that he is trying to find scum and also trying to look at the game from a different perspective. However, his views are pretty outlandish and also just not as strong when retorted by other players. I have a very strong out of game reason as to why I am scratching my head at this slot because he should be reading much more townier. The reason I am scratching my head is because I am sold the slot is actually a veteran in disguise for whatever reason and is trying to play with that. However, he decided to play under a guise and honestly that is not my place to rip the metaphorical mask off of his slot unless I feel it I cannot explain his actions without meta and I think I am a decent enough player to not have to do that and just look at this slot from a logistical standpoint.

Delly came into the game with an agenda and with a point that he wanted us to realize. That much cannot be dissuade from logic because it is very black and white. Delly wanted us all to stop looking at Ditzy as town which a lot of us had just written off as almost easier then either of the claims that have been given to us because of Ditzy's influence and his posts in the game. I find myself nodding along with a lot of what Delly has to say, but I am not convinced either. It's a very weird situation where it looks like it has good intent, but also smells of bad intent at the same time. What does Delly gain from coming in gung-ho with a metaphorical "*****-slap" to the game and wanting us to lynch Ditzy and throw that awry. At the time of his arrival we had already had Maven claim and he came in saying that the tracker claim situation made Ditzy look scummy. I disagree with this point of action because I found it actually from a more towny perspective. Although Ditzy brought it up, lemme reiterate a point I found incredibly strong in the Ditzy Defense.

We had 5 people left in this game. We had 1 PR left and 1 scum left, that is known by the set-up with 3 outliers of VT.

Ditzy comes in and tells us to have the Tracker claim. The tracker is a very powerful role at this juncture because they could have a clear and could also have a condemn.

1 Tracker
1 Clear
3 remainders (1:2 odds of scum:town)

Option A: That means that toDay would have been between 3 names and if Ditzy is town and was not tracked, that makes it a 50/50 shot which I can see the town logic behind that because Maven will flip toNight and then if we had it wrong toDay, Ditzy could make the final play between the clear and the remainder as long as he can convince the clear that he is town.

Option B: However, inversely, this could also have been Ditzy's plan as scum. Ditzy was the lowest priority on the Tracking list and I honestly can see DitzyScum taking the gamble and calling for the claim because he could look at the thread and be able to muscle his way to lynching whoever the other person was without much of a qualm because everyone at the time thought he to be Mr. Brownie Townie.

The situation turned out to be neither and is actually looking like this:

1 Tracker (Maven)
4 remainders (1:3 odds of scum:town)

I feel like Delly is looking at the situation from the PoV of option B where Ditzy was scum and knew he could get away with the logic that. That is a way of thinking about the situation I have not really looked at in detail till now and I am actually seeing that as a possibility especially if I am becoming uneasy about Orbo. Ditzy could be playing a really good game as scum and have the puzzle for his W in the bag at this point and looking from a betting standpoint, Ditzy has the highest ratio of success regardless of his alignment based on popular opinion.

Now Delly's long-term (since I am still on him a bit here), considering he is scum, is to come in and throw off the credit Ditzy has acheived which has failed honestly from that PoV, at the moment. Orbo and Maven both still hold Ditzy as their highest town read, and I have been on that side too as well. So what does Delly gain from toDay that helps him win the game as scum? Delly could be throwing up a bluster of stuff to get people to re-consider Ditzy in the LyLo because if Delly wants to win in a LyLo that consists of the remainder of Orbo/J then he has to use toDay to discredit Ditzy. That could be his plan to not use toDay to actually lynch Ditzy, but to actually just get enough points and enough point of doubt towards that slot that toMorrow could hold a fighting chance. However, on the off-side that DellyScum would be able to succeed in getting a Ditzy lynch toDay, then he would have a much higher chance of success by being able to have a much more convuluted LyLo with Delly/J/Orbo being the final three. Orbo has been waffling on Delly/J for a while. I have been pretty vehement on Orbo dying and Delly would actually be sitting very pretty at this point in time because he could go either way. So regardless of what happens toDay, Delly could honestly be setting himself up to look good for a LyLo on whatever happens in the long-term.

So I guess the question I am going to be looking into is that if Delly's push on Ditzy looks more like an attempt to discredit someone who is seen as towny or if Delly actually does think Ditzy is the final scum and is pushing. For Delly, it will honestly come down to intent and if we did end up lynching Ditzy toDay and he were to flip town, I would probably be gunning for Delly because I do not think I would believe Orbo is scummier then Delly. But that would also have to merit if I decided whether Delly's intent was one of the prior situations. (Scum intent vs. Town intent) At the moment, I am at a wash with trying to decide where I go with Delly because I need to research that slot more and comb over his posts more than just read/analyze from there. They need to be digested a bit more strongly the third time around.

Another thing I would like to bring up regarding this slot is that Koopy was a bit interesting at the time of the Kaladin lynch. This is something Delly cannot really explain and I apologize for that, but replacement status is like that sometimes. Koopy was the only one not voting anyone at the end of yesterDay. He had not placed his vote on Maven and he had not placed his vote on Kaladin either. The strange part though is that Koopy came in directly after my hammer to say "Aw rats guys, seems I just missed the chance to hammer that scummer." which, when looking at Delly's slot from the PoV of him being scum, could be attributed to the fact that Koopy saw the option of letting a NL slip by continuing the game from there. My memory is foggy as to who was online at the time because I was posting from my phone, but all I knew for certain is that Ditzy was here as well *cuz he was posting* and then Koopy comes out of nowhere from not posting at all to being here at the final few minutes of the day? That action is actually making me scratch my head more and more as to why Koopy decided to post that post of being here but not being able to vote. From the scum-agenda standpoint, it would make sense for Koopy to withhold his vote until that point especially if Kaladin/Koopy were banking on a NL to then move the game forward with the odds on their side starting D2. I wish the slot hadn't been replaced solely so I could ask more on this question, but this is more of an "extras" tangent that no one can respond to and I'm just thinking about it since it struck a chord with my during my second re-read of the game.

Ditzy

I have already covered a bit of this in the Delly section, but if Ditzy was scum he has the best ratio of success for winning in the end-game. His agenda would be simple yet sinister at the same time. He would just let toDay go on and lynch whoever town would want because no one has been looking at him, gain some townie points for calling for the tracker (which happened), and the just lynch whoever was the remainder in the final 3 with Maven gone. The only thing Ditzy could not have accounted for was the replacement of Koopy and Delly coming into the game with a full blown case at him and swinging at him. Ditzy was the 2nd or 3rd vote onto Kaladin which is usually where scum-mates tend to lie in vote analysis. Usually the ratio of scum-members hammering or being the first to vote their partner in a game of this size and this small is really low. Ditzy had been pushing Soup and could have gotten his lynch if Soup was not the PR at the time and had to re-evaluate his standpoints. I need to go re-look at something if Ditzy was the one to whisper into Soup's ear to use his Jailer ability to try and stop scum because here is the thing.

If Ditzy was to be jailed last night, as scum, then there would be No Kill last night which means that Ditzy would have been condemned as scum instantaneously because there is 0 logic to keeping the Jailer alive in an open set-up game. So if Soup was influenced to use his ability to try and stop scum>protect town, that may be an interesting thing against Ditzy. However, it would make logical sense for the Jailer to look for scum and try and block them with their NK especially with Kaladin flipping scum because that would be the higher rate of success of action knowing that he would definitely die. So I actually doubt much would come from investigating whether or not Soup was influenced about his actions, but I do want to still have a double check on that.

Now, back from the situation of long-term goal. Ditzy would use the fact that he is seen as more town regardless of the tracker situation because it is highly unlikely that Maven would have tracked him in any situation or parrellel "what if" situation so Ditzy could use the game toDay to just be doing whatever town wants. Honestly, when looking from the game at a DitzyScum angle, Ditzy has not been doing much until he had to defend himself from Delly, but here is the thing that I kind of want to highlight to Orbo/Maven.

All 3 of us have been looking at Ditzy in a somewhat rose-colored glasses lens that Ditzy's defense may look better to us then the original attack regardless of his reponses because Ditzy has been seen to us as the most towny of us all. I am going to be re-looking at the defense and see if that stays true 100% because I am feeling I am finally looking at this game with a different outlook where I had thought toDay was just Orbo vs. Delly and I lean heavily on Orbo, but I am beginning to realize that Ditzy is not clear, not proven as town, and a lot of my feelings regarding him have been based on feels and general vibes. There are 3 people, in my eyes, viable for the lynch toDay and I gotta stop thinking in this "It's one or the other!" because that allows DitzyScum to skate away with the victory due to an oversight of re-going over all the facts and becoming tunnel-headed.

Long-term wise, Ditzy has the easiest plan of action where as Delly would have to work much harder. I need to see if Ditzy has been doing town-driven actions or what seems to be the easiest way to set-up his slam-dunk LyLo situation. Basically it goes to if he actually seems to be looking for scum or trying to present logic as to why everyone else is scummier than he is.

So I will say this in closing, I have a new way of looking at the game and I am actually incredibly grateful that there is no deadline because it gives me the chance to look at some more questions that I have to research and determine how I feel regarding the situation at hand. I do not feel as comfortable as I had on my OrboScum read and I am actually looking at the Delly v. Ditzy situation with a bit more of a tilted head. I am happy that those two decided to fight each other because I may be able to find something in there that helps solve the game and also give me more insight.

Maven89 Maven89 : Hi. I get you don't like me this game and that's fine. However, I would ask you to talk with me a bit more because you are the only one I have as town and would like to talk with you about the game through my eyes and perspective of Delly/Ditzy/Orbo having the remaining scum. I'm sorry I'm not town to you and that is a majority my fault, but it's shared blame too. I need a soundboard I can trust to be able to truly figure out this game and since it is your last Day Phase in the game I would really appreciate being able to discuss this theory I have presented on long-term agenda and who fits as scum. Honestly, I am stuck between looking at Delly vs. Ditzy before I re-read some things and answer some of my own questions. If the final scum is between that argument, who do you lean as being the final scum? I don't want just a "Lynch Delly." answer because I feel that is what you would give me, but more of a re-look at both sides and where you lay on that.

Unvote

I feel misplaced if my vote is out on any of the three slots at the moment since I have convinced myself out of just straight gunning at Orbo and actually just looking at the big picture here rather then exactly what is in front of me. I'll be around, but I am going to be mainly focusing on looking at the game and trying to answer my own questions. It may not be quick due to it being finals week and I am trying to stay afloat in that category, but if ya'll are willing to wait a bit in turn for my answers I can give a more detailed response which helps me not make simple errors that can be avoided. However, I am a little tired after all of that mental processing and typing so I am going to take a bit of a break from mafia, but there's that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I just got home and am going to eat dinner, but I do intend to have insights.

For the record, I rate the movie Krampus as "Ok".
Drat, I was hoping the movie would be better considering Adam Scott is my Man Crush Everyday.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, I'mma just do this because it's what my gut says, I'm tired of rehashing the same points over and over again in my head, (and I ain't going to read that wall above me if it ends in "unvote"):

Vote: J

If Orbo is scum, he's the laziest scum he's ever been. There is no self preservation in lamely saying I'm town without pushing anyone else. He might live toDay by doing it, but he wouldn't win. He'd have nothing to stand on in lylo. I absolutely will entertain the idea, but he's not going to be my first pick, because if he is scum: he's not even trying and there's no time pressure to lynch him. It's not going to become a harder decision in lylo.

I'm honestly mortified of the possibility that Mr. Franklin Delano White House Delamar came in with honest observations from his time reading the thread, and then happened to be given a role that said mafia when he replaced Koops, because for me that's extremely hard to read coming in so late. Because having an honest push on the previous most town slot in the game would also make the best possible lylo for him. But I'm just going to eat that possibility because **** you that's why.

I hated J for defending Kaladin extremely late yesterDay on the time honored terrible tradition of "No one is defending him (except for me now)" before coming into toDay. And I did stop and strongly consider other avenues after the last minute lynch vote, especially since Koopa was not speaking at all at that point of the game. But I cannot shake the gut feeling that the vote was done with the worst intentions for town point grabbing. Thinking about a game where the No Lynch actually did happen, and then we killed Kaladin and he flipped scum, I don't think there'd be anyone in thread who wouldn't look to J next afterwards. I don't think J was ignorant of that fact, and I still don't like how he phrased his vote coming in for it:
Holy ****, deadline is that close?

Unvote
Vote: Kaladin

ALthough I feel Maven is the better choice for toDay. We cannot have a NL. I adamantly refuse.
If he flips town I am going to be so upset. But if he flips scum, I'm the hero/MVP for checking my phone haha.
Between that and the fact he just re-mentioned it again as a reason to maybe not town read him is too self aware for me. It doesn't feel right, and I'm tired of ignoring that feeling for fear of a ML. The fact Maven who has been my touchstone this game so far agrees definitely helps.

If "Man" wants to kill me in lylo if I'm wrong, I don't care.
If Orbo was the laziest "Ride Dietz to win", I don't care.
If J won after actually hard defending his partner and then I didn't lynch him because someone came in with a case on me and I was sitting on my hands swallowing my gut reads: I do care.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I'm not kidding when I say I'm not reading the J wall above me if it ends in "Unvote". I'm not going to bother. When J doesn't know what to do: he walls.

It wasn't worth my time if it didn't actually come to any conclusions.

Top Bottom