• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Deap, keep in mind, you can come to tournaments and not enter. That way, you can have all the friendlies and money matches you want, with the people you want. You don't have to face anyone you don't want to. That is what I considered doing that one MK legal tournament that happened (show up, win doubles :troll:, not enter singles), but then changed my mind later and entered singles anyways.

I see you play against some people, and it looks like you're having lots of fun. Then you play one person who plays (as you say it) "gay", and then you don't enjoy playing the game at all anymore. That is exactly what I went through with MK, nearly quit because of it (was one bad MK game away from quitting brawl entirely). I just spent a long period of time playing against people I know I'll have fun with, and the game's enjoyment came back.

Basically, all I'm saying is you should still show up, but if you don't want to enter singles, don't enter singles, and just play friendlies and mm's with people you know you'll have a good time playing with. I enjoy playing with you :)

I would easily take you up on that football offer... except... well... there is a large stretch of some colourless liquid in my path...
haha u know i love playing with u rob:) maybe im gonna do that, i wanna **** that kid arcansi first. im gonna take a **** on a walmart bag and smash him across the face with it.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
this thread is golden

wouldn't mind doing something other than smash sometime,
i **** at sports
just putting that out there

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My reason for not wanting to make a PR is... well...

There is an obvious top 4 (in alphabetical order, not in actual order, Dawson, Jake, Landon, Rob). Then after that... just try to make a 5 to 10 list. It's impossible.

Here are some people's monthly results in the last 5 monthly of people who should be on the PR (montly 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).

Trevor: 9/11 (last), 5/13, 5/17, 9/14, 5/14
(very inconsistent results between last or near-last, and 5th place, possibly due to brackets)

Brandon: 9/11 (last), 9/13, 13/16 (last, bracket *****), 9/14, 5/14
(Destroyed by bracket in several tournaments)

Deap: N/A, N/A, 5/16, 5/14, N/A
(ok, looking at it that way, Deap's placement is easy and obvious, but my point here is that several people, not only Deap, have a large lack of attendance).

Anyways, that's my thoughts on the subject. If people who are not on the PR want to play the role of a Panelist, try and make a PR. You'll see it's basically impossible. If it were possible, I'd be all for it, but as of now, we've got the top half-ish of the PR that can be done, but that's it.

Edit: I hope I don't offend anyone (mainly those I used as examples), but I'm just stating my point. If we can get the panelists together and then decide what we want to do from there, that would be best. I will be leaving soon, and may or may not be available later tonight, but I'd like for us to come to a decision on whether or not we are actually doing a PR or just an approximate seeding list for Jake, or whatever we are doing.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Whatever our melee money match is I mm you to Mario Kart DS which is twice the amount.

(I have never owned melee) Just 64 and Brawl.

And I'll accept only on that condition.

If you want a mm in brawl however...

Edit: Crisis compiled the data for the bottom 5, you should speak to him.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Whatever our melee money match is I mm you to Mario Kart DS which is twice the amount.

**** yes lets to that mario kart DS, i used to play on the wifi clan TEC and F5 in mario kart and metroid. Snaking, No items.

i dont even own melee, i started playing the game here, so no johns.

and i dont even own brawl.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Sure Deap, wouldn't mind when i've got some free time.

haven't played in years.

Also regarding the PR, while I personally believe I can play with the big boys I don't feel like I've really proved my worth just yet. My brackets have been tough, but I don't want to fall on that for a john, the fact of the matter is I just need to get better. I'm thankful for tough brackets to a degree, since I feel like it's made me a better player overall, and I honestly think I could be a top threat here, not to toot my own horn, I just need to clean up my act and reel in some results.

That being said I do think I should be on the PR, and it may be a bit messy to make in general, but there's always room for improvement with updates and such. So I mean, it's not really a big deal on placings to be perfectly honest. Assuming we actually update and take it seriously & stuff.

:wolf:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x

Edit: Crisis compiled the data for the bottom 5, you should speak to him.
i dont care about that haha.

i am just gonna teach u to me humble dawson.

| Big D |

Smash Master
**** yes lets to that mario kart DS, i used to play on the wifi clan TEC and F5 in mario kart and metroid. Snaking, No items.

i dont even own melee, i started playing the game here, so no johns.

and i dont even own brawl.
I'm bad at melee because I don't play it at all.

That is my "john"

Worldwides play with items so we shall as well.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I posted some monthly results related stuff as well.

A problem with some of our matchups against each other is that they are very messed up.

Last monthly for example: I beat Sinister, Sinister beat Jason, and Jason beat me (:salt:). Sinister didn't want to play for 5th :awesome:

| Big D |

Smash Master
I posted some monthly results related stuff as well.

A problem with some of our matchups against each other is that they are very messed up.

Last monthly for example: I beat Sinister, Sinister beat Jason, and Jason beat me (:salt:). Sinister didn't want to play for 5th :awesome:
Pools don't count :troll:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
I'm bad at melee because I don't play it at all.

That is my "john"

Worldwides play with items so we shall as well.
the competitive thing of mario kart ds is playing with them and snaking (PDR) the whole match. with items you wont be showing skill, rather that u are lucky.

| Big D |

Smash Master
No, I'm fairly confident every item in MKDS can be avoided and that I am better at it than you are.

Hence, items.

Edit: except lightning, even then star

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Dawson speaks truth :awesome:

no but really my bracket Wolf is completely different and i hardly play him in Pools

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Don't include Pools imo

and Trevor if you're that confident we can MM lol, I just didn't feel like playing after being knocked out.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Placings really don't say much. It's all about wins and losses. Pools don't affect results at all, aside from giving one a harder bracket, which would then count towards your wins/losses.

and...

Correct any mistakes.

L
WIns
x1 sokr
x1 starwaffle
x3 firefly
x1 big d
x1 drake
x1 deap
x1 Jason
x1 Breez (mk legal)
x2 Blue Yoshi
x1 Sinister
x1 Kantrip

Losses
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Firefly
x2 Big D

Crisis
Wins
x1 sokr
x1 cabo
x1 kantrip

Losses
x1 Starwaffle
x1 Drake
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Jason's mk

Jason
Wins
x1 Captain M
x1 Courier
x1 Sinister (with mk)
x1 Crisis (with mk)
x1 Kantrip
x1 Tony

Losses
x2 Deap
x1 Drake
x1 Capt L
x1 Big D
x1 Sinister

Firefly
Wins
x2 Courier
x1 SKidd
x1 Max
x1 Kantrip
x1 Breez (mk legal)
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Capt L
x1 Sinister

Losses
x3 Captain L
x1 Drake
x1 Blue Yoshi

Deap
Wins
x1 Kantrip
x2 Jason
x1 Drake

Losses
x1 Big D
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Capt L
x1 Breez's Mk

Blue Yoshi
Wins
x1 Sinister
x1 Starwaffle
x2 kantrip
x1 deap
x1 crisis
x1 drake
x1 Capt L
x1 Evan
x1 Neebee
x1 Firefly

Losses
x1 Drake
x1 Big D
x1 Firefly
x1 Capt L

Big D
WIns
x2 Blue Yoshi
x1 Drake
x1 Deap
x1 Piss
X1 Jason
x2 Capt L

Losses
x1 Capt L
x1 Drake

Kantrip
Wins
x1 Capt M
x1 SKidd
x1 Starwaffle
x1 Piss
x1 Neebee
x1 Courier

Losses
x1 Deap
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Firefly
x1 Crisis

Sinister
Wins
x1 DMT
x1 Irisz
x1 Jason

Losses
x1 Drake
x1 BLue Yoshi
x1 Breez's mk
x1 Jason's mk
x1 Capt L
x1 Firefly

Courier
Wins
x1 Bags
x1 Irisz
x1 DMT

Losses
x2 Firefly
x1 Jason
x1 Kantrip

Starwaffle
Wins
x1 Crisis

Losses
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Kantrip
x1 Max

Drake
Wins
x1 Sinister
x1 Crisis
x1 Jason
x1 Firefly
x1 Blue Yoshi
x1 Big D
x1 Cabo
x1 Max

Losses
x1 Big D
x1 Capt L
x1 BLue Yoshi
x1 Deap

Captain L

Smash Champion
if anyone wants to work out with me some time I'd be down

also I think we should update before p7, because like Jake said the regionals really don't help for the lower half of the PR anyways.

I think the biggest problem with PR making in this province is that everyone realizes that the PR is incredibly difficult to judge, then says we should wait for more results, and then the results that follow STILL make it difficult to judge, so then we just wait forever. It would become a more competitive ranking and actually mean something if we updated it a lot more frequently, and didn't care whether or not it was perfectly accurate. If people get ranked too low and are salty about it, they can do better at the next few monthlies and be up a couple spots before the next ranking.

3 or 4 somewhat inaccurate PRs each year is waaaay better than having no PR at all like we have now.

That said, I prefer facebook for my PR discussions but I'll do MSN if everyone else wants to

| Big D |

Smash Master
Competitive Mario kart uses items.

Competitive Brawl does not.

Also I agree with Landon 100%

Keep in mind we have the ability to update this one more frequently.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I sort of agree with Landon, but I guess I don't mind everyone sleeping on me :smirk:

also i might be up for a workout Lanny boy, what kind of stuff do you do?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Crisis: Missing Jason as a loss for me for sure. Thanks for taking the time to compile that.

Looks like Sinister and I need to play in bracket. That would involve us being in different pools for once.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If people want to do a PR, then I'm fine with it. I would personally vote for no PR, but if people want to, then sure.

Also, Crisis, there are tons of places where X's wins against Y do not match Y's wins against X.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Competitive Mario kart uses items.

Competitive Brawl does not.

Also I agree with Landon 100%

Keep in mind we have the ability to update this one more frequently.
HAHAHA i can see that u dont have a ****ing idea of what u are talking about.

competitive mario kart is played with snaking,pdr,NO items.

dude i used to be on the ds competitive scene for many years(mario kart,Metroid)
just because u play worldwide with random people who use items, it doesn't mean thats the competitive way.

i used to be on the "pr" of the best in the world for metroid prime hunters, my best gaming era.

i was the leader and founder of the clan NF, my tag was Hero. thats a video where i appear and there a couple more with my different tags(Dan,deap,Wii)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5WbeBBI26U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdLf7sx9jA4&feature=fvsr

****, those were really good times
its like saying in pokemon, the legendary ones are allowed in the metagameits like saying in pokemon, the legendary ones are allowed in the metagame.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I checked all around and only Time trials are done without items (obviously)

Actual tournaments are done with items.

But if you really can't dodge items we can play without them.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
I checked all around and only Time trials are done without items (obviously)

Actual tournaments are done with items.

But if you really can't dodge items we can play without them.
do you even know the good players?? random youtube videos are all played with items.

the good players for mario kart most of them are from germany,netherlands and france.

zguetto the melee players, was the best in the world at mario kart ds around 2008-09

i dont play with items, because i play the competitive properly. i can dodge blue sheels but thats the only thing that i can remember haha.

if u wanna prove ur manhood aka skills, play without items.

Top Bottom