• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Yeah Deap's pretty bad... I think he'll only be able to two stock you :(

No offense.
That Smiley at the end was gold.

Your opinions are whack, real talk.
They've always been.

Btw, is our whole $50 MM still happening? Saw your post about mom not giving you as much money as you thought, so if you'd like we could drop it or lower the price. I wouldn't mind because it'd guarantee me lot's of MMs against the OoP people, let alone our own top players.
We won't drop it. I MAY lower the price, but only if I have too.

I may like to Picto MM you anyways, so if you don't want to do our big one (or just lower the value, no big deal) we could probably do that for sure.
We should just do $5 picto and then $45 other.

can we all stop quoting Arcansi. Alberta blocked him so we could avoid the stupid :(
No one else knows what it's like to not know what you're doing wrong and rather then have people come and help your willingness, they just ditch you.

EDIT: Also this direct 'guys please stop talking to Arcansi' really sucks.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Skullgirls is pretty good for entry level. The tutorial teaches you some important stuff.

I warn you, though. The online for it in Canada is not so hot, so nobody in Canada really plays in online. It uses GGPO, which is awesome, but it's only really good if you can play people relatively close to you.

Asa

Smash Hero
wait when is P7
April 28th.

It really isn't. =/

Though Deap has been troublesome at times for me as a TO (just dumb things like trying to barter entry fees and the like), I really hope he doesn't actually plan on quitting. :x

Also, I'm seriously considering getting into Skullgirls over the Summer. My brother has an Xbox, and I've been thinking about playing a 2-D fighter for a while. The price is right, and it would be nice to have something I can play online for the 4 months I'll have without any Smash scene to speak of...

:005:
marvel tho

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Jeremy, do you still have the same cell number?
778-788-6632

Also, If Deap isn't having fun anymore, then he should quit. I mean I don't want him to. I've seen him play a couple times and he was good but If he dosn't like how people play the game, he can't really change that. People camp and play gay all the time, Nothing is going to change. We also can't force him to have fun

I thought the whole deap sucks thing was like an ongoing joke, not meant to hurt feelings or anything. I never really saw any signs of him taking offense to it either .-. He handled it pretty well and always had a comeback or something. I thought it that was just his personality. I mean when i first met him in a the chat room, He called me a little emo boy who has lots of problems getting girls and sucks at brawl. I took no offence, I thought that was just how he talked nstuff. Ah well.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i'm gonna add you cause i'm a stalker and like to have communication with my smash buddies

hope you don't mind

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If the panel wants to make a PR, then I'll help, as I am part of the panel. However, I do not think we should make a PR pre-Phoenix, mainly due to the fact that we do not have recent enough info at all on several people. Some people had to leave early (mainly Dawson), some people haven't shown up to several events (e.g. several people), some people just got terrible brackets and got last place for no reason (e.g. that random wolf scrub... I mean Brandon).

After Phoenix (or the monthly after), we should have an idea of how well people rank, assuming people show up and enter events. But for now, most of it will be a guess, and some people will complain about their position etc.etc.

If the rest of the panel wants to make a PR, then I'll go along with it. But as I said, I think we should wait.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I thought the point of a pre-phoenix PR was that people could use "3inBC" or something as their tag

either way I'll have to whip out the old "7inBC" tag since it's still the most up to date PR we have ;D

Asa

Smash Hero
seeing as the TO is gonna be gone during the summer months, meaning less tournies, it would make sense to include P7 in this PR period and start a new period later in the summer

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I think Landon and Myself will be taking over as TO's once Jake leaves, since I will be living in Vancouver by then, and it's be easier to have co-TO's.

Asa

Smash Hero
well if you guys are gonna have more conistent tournies then use p7 as the start of the new ranking period,, since you have enough data from the last 3 monthlies imo

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We have enough data to rank the upper parts of the PR at the moment. The problem right now is with the lower parts; a problem that most likely won't be fixed at Phoenix, as those would likely be among the players that either make pro bracket and place close to last or place high in the amateur bracket. Comparing between those two groups would be a pain, and it would really come down to who gets harder pools. In general, regionals don't give that much data for rankings for players ranked closely together unless one does significantly better than another (comparing wins against players from different regions is complicated).

That said though, the main reason I wanted to get a ranking out before Phoenix is so I have an idea of how to seed. Looking at the results and coming up with a preliminary list has done just that.

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
I think what most people are forgetting is that we can actually update the PR.

If you remember we were going to update the PR right before P6 and said we'd do it after.

If we do it now, not only can we seed for P7, but we can also have set seasons if you will for when we update.

Right before every Phoenix would be the perfect time to update imo.

This would also be a good time since Deap and Drake are gone and Ben will likely be coming back for the new season.

Keep in mind the PR is mostly based of W/L and data from Phoenix won't really help that and we have enough monthlies as it is.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Who is the panel? Why not just get the panel together and then discuss what we should do.

If someone from the panel (I know there is me and Jake, and the rest I am unsure) is available, go to MSN so we can maybe figure this out. If we are going to make a PR, might as well do it sooner than later or something. I could be busy all week next week, so... yeah.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Wait, you mean like me being constantly reminded that me just talking here isn't liked?

I mean, what's the difference?

Also, you guys get caught up in emotions way too much. I don't think I've acted out of anger ever since I realized how bad it is to do, and I'm not sure why you guys still do.

EDIT: As for my opinion on the deap thing, he seemed like a scrub (literal definition) and a guy who probably was pretty unintelligent and bad at smash. He probably would've only made my tournament experience worse, although I can't judge by how much seeing as I don't know the full extent of his personality and junk.

No offence intended, just real talk.
HAHAHAHAH WTH with this sheet son? if u think im a srub then i will just show up to **** u. lets do it $100 mm.

all your posts made my day hahahah *****es, do you really think i feel something when u say that i suck?? LMAOAOAAOAAOAOMAMAOMAOMAMOAOMAMOAOMAOM. First of all i have ***** before everyone who has said that before.

The thing about me quitting the game, in some way i am quitting thats for sure and i have reasons, but i will show up whenever the cool people show up.

1. People in the smash community in both games, melee and brawl(not everyone thought) take this gamee so ****ing serious, living in the boards researching about characters, watching videos on youtube and only care about matchups and all that ****, and you guys even suck lol (not all). People dat are cool enough are the ones that make me go to tournaments but most of them don't show up cus they dont live in vancouver.

2. The game isn't fun and competitive anymore.I used to spend most of my days on the playground, maxing, relaxing o cool, shooting some b-ball out of the school you know? Basically i only go to tournaments to chill with people. I "grew up" playing brawl like man, showing the manhood that some of us have, playing campy and grab to death the whole match just change the whole meaning of "Fun", and i dunno about u nigg3s but i would be ashamed to play like that. i rather quit than play like a coksuck3r.

3. I am busy with school and Football(aka soccer for the ****). Since i am here, i never trained or anything to a tournament, i just showed up and ****, but those old days are gone, i dont feel exited when going to tournaments anymore. After school i spend a lot of time playing football(near chinatown station, feel free to come by sometime) and i need to be prepare for the summer with my buddies, you know i dont wanna be on the bench(the ones that only play when the good players get tired lmao) like others here do ; ).

4. FIFA 12 is way more entertaining and competitive than brawl

5. arcansi mm or suck my ****

People that really know me, know that i am not cocky and if i am, i am in a friendly way not like others who just because they beat u one game they think they are the ****.
It was cool meeting all the nice people here, if u wanna hang out sometime u know where i am.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Deap pissed me off in a situation on face book which got rather personal.

I'd rather not get into it.

With that said it was wrong of me to encourage him to quit, considering his attitude towards the game, despite my feelings towards him.

And Deap, you better not quit, you take out all those pesky :rob:s for me ;)

personal? since when talking about smash is personal? :(

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Deap, keep in mind, you can come to tournaments and not enter. That way, you can have all the friendlies and money matches you want, with the people you want. You don't have to face anyone you don't want to. That is what I considered doing that one MK legal tournament that happened (show up, win doubles :troll:, not enter singles), but then changed my mind later and entered singles anyways.

I see you play against some people, and it looks like you're having lots of fun. Then you play one person who plays (as you say it) "gay", and then you don't enjoy playing the game at all anymore. That is exactly what I went through with MK, nearly quit because of it (was one bad MK game away from quitting brawl entirely). I just spent a long period of time playing against people I know I'll have fun with, and the game's enjoyment came back.

Basically, all I'm saying is you should still show up, but if you don't want to enter singles, don't enter singles, and just play friendlies and mm's with people you know you'll have a good time playing with. I enjoy playing with you :)

I would easily take you up on that football offer... except... well... there is a large stretch of some colourless liquid in my path...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's okay Rob we'll dry up this liquid with our endless salt. It's already quite salty :p

If delaying the PR means having an original PR then I don't mind the wait.

:phone:

Top Bottom