• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
skidd you had the most unique snake i've ever fought for the most part each snake has fought exactly the same i've never seen anything like lol

SKidd

Smash Master
1. Breez
2. Bundtcake
3. BLUE YOSHI!!!
4. Asa
5. Karupin?
6. Captain L?
7. Cheeszeman?
^Firefly is somewhere in there

9. SKidd
9. Crisis
9. LFL
Last: MarcBuckley, Scott2222, Nathan(MarcBuckley's friend), and someone else i think

1. Ben + Jake
2. LFL + Brian
3. Loveable(Captain L) + Mad Cute (Asa... and Captain L)
4. Blue Yoshi's team?
dunno the rest

Last: Donkey Kong (SKidd + Scott2222)

=D

Shoutout to mah bois Landon - supercuteathon - and Rob - I love you <3 -.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Good games everybody! The next event will be on December 11th, and there will be couple minor changes.

1. Pictochat and Pokemon Stadium 2 have been added to the list of Counterpick stages. These are two stages that test a player's ability to adapt to the environment, opening up more counterpick options for players who feel confident in their ability to handle the stage changes. Neither of these stages are proven to be excessively strong for any given character, and though they can on occasion influence matches via semi-random shifts, the degree to which this happens is no more extreme than stages that already exist on the stagelist (i.e. the ghost of Yoshi's Island). If any major abuses take place on these stages, their inclusion will be reconsidered, but for now, they should be taken as new opportunities for players making good use of the counterpicking system.

2. Since we had a lot of extra time after everything was done yesterday, I want to think about adding side events after singles as a more permanent feature of these monthlies. I want you guys to help me out by letting me know what you'd like to see. Here are some ideas:

- Mid Tier Singles/Doubles
- Low Tier Singles/Doubles
- Random Character Singles/Doubles
- Reverse Mains Singles (player A has to use player B's main, and vice-versa)
- Duelist
- Banned Stages Singles/Doubles
- Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

The entry fee for this would be low; probably either $1-5 or free. Let me know! =]

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
Low tier.

I think we have to remove reg. Brawl doubles or singles in order to do one of these.

SKidd

Smash Master
Well, alright then, Mr. TO.
I am more right because my Ganon is more better than yours =D

But really, low tier!
&nomelee?

Captain L

Smash Champion
Low tier (I have a pretty beast zelda)
Smash 64 (singles or dubs idc)
Banned stages

Or better yet, Smash 64 low tier doubles on Mushroom Kingdom.

Asa

Smash Hero
actually i support that idea

all smashville

and if you don't platform cancel at least 3 times per match you are DQ'd

T-block

B2B TST
1. Pictochat and Pokemon Stadium 2 have been added to the list of Counterpick stages. These are two stages that test a player's ability to adapt to the environment, opening up more counterpick options for players who feel confident in their ability to handle the stage changes. Neither of these stages are proven to be excessively strong for any given character, and though they can on occasion influence matches via semi-random shifts, the degree to which this happens is no more extreme than stages that already exist on the stagelist (i.e. the ghost of Yoshi's Island). If any major abuses take place on these stages, their inclusion will be reconsidered, but for now, they should be taken as new opportunities for players making good use of the counterpicking system.
I love you so much <3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9941630 - get an advantage over your ignorant opponents ;D

btw, both those stages are hax for Yoshi. Just warning you now.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well, alright then, Mr. TO.
I am more right because my Ganon is more better than yours =D

But really, low tier!
&nomelee?
If people want to play Melee, they have seperate tournaments for that. =P

I like it.

Also,

SKidd

Even better idea, wii mote only tournament.

EDIT: real suggestion, how about Brawl minus?
I completely forgot about hacks. XD I think there would be a fair amount of interest for Brawl-. That could be doable if we can get enough set-ups.

I love you so much <3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9941630 - get an advantage over your ignorant opponents ;D

btw, both those stages are hax for Yoshi. Just warning you now.
I knew I'd be seeing a post like this when I put in the part about the randomness of Yoshi's Island. :x

Edit: Follow the link, for anybody reading. You might learn something that could really help you out in the future. =]

bundtcake

Smash Ace
2. Since we had a lot of extra time after everything was done yesterday, I want to think about adding side events after singles as a more permanent feature of these monthlies. I want you guys to help me out by letting me know what you'd like to see. Here are some ideas:

- Mid Tier Singles/Doubles
- Low Tier Singles/Doubles
- Random Character Singles/Doubles
- Reverse Mains Singles (player A has to use player B's main, and vice-versa)
- Duelist
- Banned Stages Singles/Doubles
- Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

The entry fee for this would be low; probably either $1-5 or free. Let me know! =]

bahaha, reverse main tourney, LET'S DO IT

that'd be even easier than a random tournament ;D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Why not have a regular brawl side event with the condition "you may not use the same character more than once in a set"? Therefore, in a best of 3, you must use 3 different characters (unless it ends 2-0), and in a best of 5, you must use 5 characters. GRAND FINALS ARE A BEST OF 9!!!!! :p

Captain L

Smash Champion
or a brawl tournament where you're only allowed to use characters from smash 64.

Wait a second, that's basically a low tier tournament anyways.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it's actually ganon + items = ****.
Infinites out of a flame choke.

SKidd

Smash Master
Lol Captain Landon

I heard your having a smashfest soon

is this true?

Captain L

Smash Champion
It may be true. I have to talk to my Dad about specific dates.
I'd also hopefully be bringing a friend from school

SKidd

Smash Master
YES ERIC BROWN!!!
Play some Melee? ;)

I'll bring my Wii for the next one. Guys, try to get your friends to come, and get them into Smash, and stuffs...
Unless your name is Bryan and you have virginity no friends ;)

Top Bottom