• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sadly BC, I think I have found a new main :c

Not sure whether or not I'm going to make its grand debut on Saturday or at P7 :(

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
You don't want something like P7 be your first tourney BTW. You'd probably be much better off if you had a monthly to get used to offline competition first.

:005:
Yeah, you're right lol. So far as the Zinoto comment, I'm just trolling. Offline is definitely an entirely new environment and I haven't played with other people since 08-09 when I had Smashfests with a few competitive friends(they stopped playing ages ago).

I can't make promises for Saturday but I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Or I'll just quietly make my way to the venue without anyone knowing and make a surprise debut. Then again I won't be hard to miss if you even see me lol.

Asa

Smash Hero
1. place proximity mine on top bf platform
2. pull nade
3. yaz grabs nade
4. uthrow into mine
5. nade explodes

gg

| Big D |

Smash Master
My first tourney was the monthly before P6.

I had a blast and talked to everyone there.

Had P6 been my first tourney, I don't know if I would've come back.

Washington is pretty mean.

Busy got MAAAAAAAAAAD salty over losing a DDD ditto to me in pools.

Felix gave me the most evil look when I gave him a trick to get out of nado.

And Junk was scared to ditto me, he says he was going to come to a monthly but I scared him off.

Basically come tomorrow and it will be a more enjoyable experience.

And you aint zinoto, I have no wifi games played.

Think about it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
BC Brawl players are the best! Once you meet them, you'll probably want to come to future monthlies :) Wifi is silly! There are so many things I can't do properly :(

Just a friendly reminder for everybody to bring their Wii tomorrow!

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Using the power of photographic memory, Travis and I were actually the first people Dawson talked to at a tournament, and the first match Dawson watched was Landon and I do casuals.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Yo, I feel kinda ****ty now, having to go to P6 as my first tournament...

Arcansi, GET OVER YOURSELF.
The only meaning I can take from this would be to stop valuing myself too highly.

But, how highly is too highly? And how am I doing so? Assuming that's even right.

politics and religion are generally bad topics to debate about (especially in mixed company like a public website) because there's always someone who won't be able to keep their emotions out of it
Then those people are dumb. You guys have ignored me enough times that I think you could ignore them too.

this is especially true for a religious/political debate that starts out of nowhere and for no particular reason
Hey, it had a very particular reason. Because it made no sense.

thanks for questioning my morals arcansi
It's what I do.

:fluttershy:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I dunno, Arcansi looked like he had a very fun time at Phoenix 6.

Arguments need to have some kind of drama in them. Logical arguments aren't very entertaining at all.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I dunno, Arcansi looked like he had a very fun time at Phoenix 6.

Arguments need to have some kind of drama in them. Logical arguments aren't very entertaining at all.
Logical arguments simply get you smarter. Which is all I really want.

why would you feel ****ty about p6
Because you guys all told me it would be great and it quite honestly sucked. And now I find out you guys knew it would probably be a bad event for my first tournament.

That's cool, right?

It looked like I had fun because I wanted too.

I wonder if Arcansl simply argues for the sake of argument. :I
When something doesn't make sense, do you not question it? Do you just let it be? If so, how is that at all better//equal to questioning it?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm logical arguments certainly don't improve grammatical skills as far as I can tell. Maybe it's because I'm the dumbest person in BC Brawl, but I don't think being smart is all that >_>

Street Smarts (experience) > Book Smarts

Asa

Smash Hero
arcansi what you said doesn't even make sense lol

you've said in the past that you had a lot of fun, now you're saying it sucks because someone says that the monthlies are even more fun? wut

KillLock

Smash Lord
Lol, Arcansi. If logical arguments make you smarter then you obviously haven't done any.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Hm logical arguments certainly don't improve grammatical skills as far as I can tell. Maybe it's because I'm the dumbest person in BC Brawl, but I don't think being smart is all that >_>

Street Smarts (experience) > Book Smarts
Eh, but I'm not going to get street smarts anytime soon. So I might as well get more book smarts.

arcansi what you said doesn't even make sense lol

you've said in the past that you had a lot of fun, now you're saying it sucks because someone says that the monthlies are even more fun? wut
I had a lot of fun, but I feel like I was lied too.

EDIT: I'm saying it was bad relative to other tournament experiences I've had. It literally could've been a 1 tv event and I woulda had fun because that's how much I wanted too.

Captain L

Smash Champion
some people prefer the atmosphere of big tournaments and some people prefer the smaller local ones, you might not have even enjoyed a local more than phoenix 6.

Asa

Smash Hero
i agree i like the large tourney environment better, it's usually more hype

genesis 2 was definitely my favorite tourney

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I wanna bring up a new topic.

What was your guys' most devastating loss? Doesn't have to be Brawl.

For me, it was against Defender when I went to a Victoria tournament in September. We were both on our last stock, me at 10%, him at about 120%, then Delfino killed me, and I SD'd as the stage rose. Defender then went on and won that tournament against Rob in GF.

Edit: That was the only time I SD'd pretty much ever, and definitely the only time in-tournament.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Then those people are dumb. You guys have ignored me enough times that I think you could ignore them too.
oh jeeze, calm down little buddy. the only person in this thread that wants to get into a religious debate is you, some people are indifferent and a lot people are against it, can you not see why this is a terrible and inconsiderate idea

When something doesn't make sense, do you not question it? Do you just let it be? If so, how is that at all better//equal to questioning it?
dude. this applies to philosphies and theories, this does not apply to general conversation. not everything everyone says is a carefully thought out statement backed up by arguments and facts, nor should it be, and nor should you expect it to be <_<

What was your guys' most devastating loss? Doesn't have to be Brawl.
definitely when a few months ago while drafting innistrad when a guy beat me with turn 2 invisible stalker, turn 3 spectral flight + curiosity

i mean ****, i even had roiling tremblor in my deck but there was no possible way to deal with that

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
My most devastating loss was when I accidentally lost my wallet. Such a hassle >_>

These days I'm paranoid about where I put my wallet.

As for Brawl I do nothing but lose so none of them are really devastating.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
oh jeeze, calm down little buddy. the only person in this thread that wants to get into a religious debate is you, some people are indifferent and a lot people are against it, can you not see why this is a terrible and inconsiderate idea
If this is true then it won't happen and I don't see why you need to tell me to stop. It's not like im pushing the idea of one super hard all the time.

dude. this applies to philosphies and theories, this does not apply to general conversation. not everything everyone says is a carefully thought out statement backed up by arguments and facts, nor should it be, and nor should you expect it to be <_<
If it's a claim that on surface level seems easily denied, shouldn't it atleast be backed up in the persons mind, else they would not say it?

Top Bottom