• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If you mean "melee community is lame" by "melee community bailing on the brawl tournament", well... in their defense, they prefer melee over brawl (hence them going to the melee tournament instead), and in my defense, if I'm coming all this way, if attendance is very low at the brawl tournament, might as well instead go to the melee one. (haven't decided yet... :p)

Asa

Smash Hero
melee community is lame cuz the TO changed the date to our date which we had set previously (and it was changed because one guy couldn't make it), and he won't work with the brawl community to have tournaments on seperate dates to accommodate the ppl who play both games.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Oh, then that's a completely different story. I can understand them changing it if a major attender couldn't show up, but not on the same day as another tournament happening. Because that makes the brawl tournament attendance go from bad to worse. I guess there's nothing that can be done now.

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah, it shouldn't be a problem as long as eric is the T.O. but since Adam was TO'ing this tournament, he had his way :/

furry

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
NOOO!!! LANDON!!! DON'T CAVE IN!!!

We must support the "Oh Jake!" movement!!!

Edit: I just realized... at one Oregon tournament, some people thought Jake was Blue Yoshi. Now that I have his picture as my avatar...

Now the 64 boards think I have a picture of Surri Sama (a smash 64 player) and think the avatar looks like Harry Potter :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
pretty sure the only difference between jake @ age 13 and jake @ age 19 is his height, I think I've even seen him wear that same shirt that he's wearing in the picture

Asa

Smash Hero
killock does that mean that you're jake's mother??

classic soap opera twist

furry, c'mon... take the bait..

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Seriously, us melee guys are nice people. Don't stereotype us all for the one or two guys that changed the date to the same date as this tournament.
or the 6 of them that wouldnt allow a brawl set up during the UVic smash meetings -_-

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well... as of now, it is very unlikely that Trevor will go (he hasn't booked time off yet, and with the attendance as it is, it isn't likely he will), and unless attendance picks up (to about 20 confirmed excluding me), I probably will go to the melee tournament instead (I'm booking the time off, so if there is a sudden change in attendance, I'll come). However, attendance is excessively low at the moment...

Blunted Object and Deap aren't going, Trevor is unlikely, and excluding me, that leaves 12 people on the list.

So... yeah. Just letting you guys know where we stand at the moment.

Asa

Smash Hero
sorry to hear that :(

make sure you go to phoenix 6 though there may be a hawaiian present for you

SKidd

Smash Master
And I think it's gonna be a long long time till touchdown brings me round again to find I'm not the man they think I am at home oh no no no, I'm a rocket maaaaaaaaan

Rocket maaaaaan
Burnin up a fuse out there alone

Hawaiian present?
I thought you were taking Gina's virginity?

Asa

Smash Hero
skidd i hope to make you an amazing player at smash so that you can **** ppl then ask them awkward questions

SKidd

Smash Master
Shouldn't it be the other way around? I **** them, they ask me if I'm a virgin?

Makes more sense IMO

SKidd

Smash Master
At least it's appropriate for me to be a virgin.

High five, Landon!

Top Bottom