• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Meta Knight shares one common characteristic with bats.

Meta Knight's tornado makes a deafening sound capable of destroying our eardrums, and bats make a bad screeching sound (not as bad as MK's).

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Hey guys, how do you guys feel about Norfair, Mario Bros 1-1 and Hanenbow in regards to legality.

Reasons for legalization coming after a little bit, have to find some threads, read some things.

Maybe I'll make my sig something about standing alone. Maybe.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I've seen arguments. I will show them to you eventually. A stage being air centered is not inherently a bad thing.

ALSO: Jungle Japes. I forgot that stage.

EDIT: Also Food. Food on Low (or medium)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't like norfair at all for most characters, but I understand the push for legality. Picto should be legal beforebit. I don't like the way the ledges are set up, either.

Mushroomy Kingdom makes matchups lame to play. It overcentralizes on positioning and allows some characters to pull off some stupid s***.

Hanenbow's setup is counterintuitive for competitive play and the leaves are just really dumb.

It gets to the point where it is less about maintaining fairness and more about maintaining fun.

Kantrip

Kantplay
There's hanenbow vids I would link but... Ipod.

MK degenerates the matches to a positioning camp fest so ddd can't grab you(etc)

SKidd

Smash Master
Arcansi...

Why do you want all this weird ****, it's not gonna happen if you discuss it here lmao

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'm testing my suggestions here, I plan to stagger them out into the community eventually.

DDD's chaingrab is something I have to consider for Hanenbow, barring the fact that I'M WORKING ON LIMITING IT.

Allcaps because it was somehting nobody would ever take into account unless I did. Also it was fun.

Also, wouldn't that mean IC's should be banned, Kantrip?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Character limitations are always a last resort.

If a stage makes a character broken, you ban the stage. If a character is broken on all stages, drastic measures I guess (mk). ICs aren't broken.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
If IC's aren't broken with their strategy on any stage, how is DDD broken with his strategy on one (where it's not even optimal because of the amazing amount of ledges.)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ddd overcentralizes some stages, which warrants their banning.

Simplest rules when possible.

We want to encourage newcomers to our game.

| Big D |

Smash Master
It's DDD.

He's invincible.

Enough said.

Also, maybe, just maybe if you debate your points well enough, hanenbow will be legal in BC.

Well I'm off, that ought to keep you guys busy for a while XD

Top Bottom