• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
how on earth would you lose it though?

it's either in your room or at the venue lol

and quite frankly you could probably just leave it at home video

HNG

Smash Journeyman
But isn't it like those little rocketsticks or usb thingies? or just an actually modem router? lol.

Cause I don't see how you can lose the modem router.

Ugg

Smash Champion
I really should've made my name long enough to name search, lol.

Hi guys. Shouldn't be too long before I can start going to these.

Also, to clear things up: I don't talk ****, and I don't put myself on a pedestal. I think that I'm an okay player, and I've never claimed anything near being the best in B.C, so I don't want people holding that against me as a person.

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Damn. We would've played if Karupin didn't beat you by luck on Picto >> ..
gogo pictochat

And yeah, Karupin is good. However, I always seem to have really lame stuff happen to me when I play him in tournament. ;-; I'm pretty sure I could've done something to avoid that second stock BS though. XD

:005:
just reminding you that you picked the stage, and i had my share of pictogay-ness that match too...those spikes got me up to like 250% on my first stock... :x

Karupin is mad good. Shut the **** up yo
NOU

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I really should've made my name long enough to name search, lol.

Hi guys. Shouldn't be too long before I can start going to these.

Also, to clear things up: I don't talk ****, and I don't put myself on a pedestal. I think that I'm an okay player, and I've never claimed anything near being the best in B.C, so I don't want people holding that against me as a person.
Glad to hear it (again, lol). =] When did anybody accuse you of talking s*** though? I missed that part. =s

gogo pictochat

just reminding you that you picked the stage, and i had my share of pictogay-ness that match too...those spikes got me up to like 250% on my first stock... :x
I wasn't complaining about the stage itself; just the jab against the wall, forcing me in my shield with nowhere to go, which could've happened on any stage with a temporary wall. The spike KO was just icing on the cake, really; it would've been lame without that too. :x I don't blame stages for my losses for the most part, because 99% of the time, if something stupid happened to me, it was completely avoidable (like my second stock from that match).

Also, at least your stage combo took place close to the end of your stock. =P

@ lolhowdoyoulosearouter: I kinda phrased it that way, but I'm not actually concerned that there's a high risk of me losing it. I just didn't feel comfortable taking something like that when it'll probably be a long time before I'd be able to return it. There's a good chance I'd be going back to NS for the summer, and if so, I'd be moving out of here, and it's not something I wanted to have to worry about through all that when there are lots of people that have routers that we could use for the same purpose anyway.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I'd commentate. Lol.

BTW, Jake, if you'd like, you could just give the router to someone for safekeeping if you really are afraid of misplacing it or something.

Ugg

Smash Champion
You should try and make it to one of these tourneys one day : P
yeah get yo *** over here
Soon, men. :D

I have no doubts. Ugg would wreck.
Haha, thanks, dude! I remember playing you. Falco, yes?

Glad to hear it (again, lol). =] When did anybody accuse you of talking s*** though? I missed that part. =s
A lot of people that I play, some from BC and some not, claim that I would be the best in the province if I attended the tourneys. I've never claimed this myself, and on the stream, I received the impression that some people might've thought that I did. I'm not (that much of) an arrogant ****. I just wanna make sure that when I make my debut into the community, I make a good first impression and have a clean slate to work with.

Captain L

Smash Champion
As far as side events go I vote for either smash 64 or brawl minus. But to throw something new(ish) out there, how about banned stages only? I hear spear pillar is a pretty popular stage nowadays. As long as the entry fee is only a dollar or something I doubt people would circle camp for 16-24 minutes a set on temple.

i'm gonna be pretty bummed if you guys don't get it up
That's what she said

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Harris, the router is in Hawaii with Bryan right now. I'm sure somebody else will have one...

I'm almost tempted to just not enter singles for a tournament and just hang out on the livestream instead. But I almost definitely won't.

That makes sense, Ugg. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do here when you do come to a tournament. And I'm sure you'll get along here just fine. After all, we have already dealt with and gotten used to a newcomer who WAS that arrogant and WAS the best in the province for a little while. =3

Edit for side events: Random FFAs with items on all stages have been getting a bit of attention lately at some other tournaments. =P Thanks for the reminder BTW Landon, I forgot about side events for a little while there...

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Clouderz :3 :3 :3 ..

Anyone have a router? lol.

Hey. Why don't we all like, pitch in a couple dollars so we can get a good router? So it belongs to the BC smash community ;3

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wait, are we talking about arrogant top of the province players? I'm surprized A6M_Zero wasn't listed yet. He yelled in Francis (liverymen, doesn't play brawl anymore)'s ear when he was chaingrabbing A6M's Fox with IC's. Among 100 other things. And constantly saying he could easily beat Clouderz.

Though he is much better now. He posted a message about him possibly coming back to brawl (AND SMASH 64 :) :) :) ), and his tone was completely different for the better.

As for UGG...

This song is awesome. You are in this song. You better be awesome.

I am a little freaked out right now. As I was posting that song and my joke about UGG, I was listening to the start of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_G...y&list=PL294E0F2B31B6B501&index=3&playnext=10 ... completely unintentionally... that was the part I was at in the medley... lol even the song is haunting me... but it's just soo good... :p

Captain L

Smash Champion
I too was the best in BC on wifi for a short period of time. :cool:

Also Andy and I are winning doubles. Suit pieces will last all three (six?) stocks every game.

Ugg

Smash Champion
This song is awesome. You are in this song. You better be awesome.

I am a little freaked out right now. As I was posting that song and my joke about UGG, I was listening to the start of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn_G...y&list=PL294E0F2B31B6B501&index=3&playnext=10 ... completely unintentionally... that was the part I was at in the medley... lol even the song is haunting me... but it's just soo good... :p
Don't worry, I'm awesome.

****ing awesome.

Top Bottom