• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Or we need people who just show up in time.. Why do people even think the tournament/host will wait for them :/.....
Its not like we planned to arrive 5 hours late or anything because thats what you're implying.
What?
You wanted me to be like "maaaaan Chris, c0mp, CJ, Luma, everything went so bad, we might aswell NOT go anymore because alot of people are pissed".
I'm pretty sure MORE people would've been upset if there was a tournament without CJ, Me, Helios & c0mp...so what the **** did you guys expect us to do? Really?

*note*
If you say "show up on time" then your implying we did this on purpose again.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
You should at least realise it's stupid to pick up CJ with all of you instead of one.
We had NO CHOICE.
Im not going to explain the enitre deal to every single on of you but the bottom line is we had NO CHOICE.
We HAD to pick him up with everyone otherwise we wouldn't have done that.
Honestly, do I leave such a stupid impression that you actually think I don't know that myself?
Geez.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think an explanation is quite reasonable actually. It only takes one post. =/

Aniolas: Regarding Sunday, it actually was a bigger issue you and Helios went to get 'protein' and took over an hour to come back. However, weak-kneed Jeffz0r shouldn't have let you go in the first place.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I think an explanation is quite reasonable actually. It only takes one post. =/
No.
Why?
Because I dont feel like typing something I've already explained to 40 people.
Besides, seeing as everyone is just making up there own stories I guess you'll just believe what you want to.
*note*
Yes I'm really offended by you guys implying I'm stupid (taking alot of people to pick up CJ) and an *** (arriving at the tournament that late) when I couldn't have done anything to make the situation better.

Aniolas: Regarding Sunday, it actually was a bigger issue you and Helios went to get 'protein' and took about an hour to come back. However, weak-kneed Jeffz0r shouldn't have let you go in the first place.
It had nothing to do with protein (even if that might've been 1 of the things he bought).
We didn't eat a single thing before we left, I was starving at the tournament and wanted to go and buy something aswell but they already left.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
No.
Why?
Because I dont feel like typing something I've already explained to 40 people.
Besides, seeing as everyone is just making up there own stories on their own I guess you'll just believe what you want to.
Why? Because it is one of the main reasons this tournament sucked so much. And apparently, it isn't clear to anyone.

*note*
Yes I'm really offended by you guys implying I'm stupid (taking alot of people to pick up CJ) and an *** (arriving at the tournament that late) when I couldn't have done anything to make the situation better.
no explanation = assumptions

It had nothing to do with protein (even if that might've been 1 of the things he bought).
We didn't eat a single thing before we left, I was starving at the tournament and wanted to go and buy something aswell but they already left.
Helios said they were going to get protein and would be back in half an hour (run, while Aniolas can't even run atm). They took over an hour to get back to the venue. Also, eat before you leave, or plan it so you have it quickly at the tournament.

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Fine, be offended then. I just wanna know why you did that. I really fail to see why you had no choice. Just spend one post on it and I (and most others) will be happy.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Amsah please just explain it. Everyone who wants to know, has the right the know.

Full results will be posted soon btw, in a new topic.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
no explanation = assumptions
Assuming something like that about someone you've known for one and a half year now with a clean record?
People could assume we were desperately trying to make it on time but couldn't due to circumstances.

Also, eat before you leave, or plan it so you have it quickly at the tournament.
I had no food @ my house
It was sunday so the stores wern't open (at the time we passed them).

Fine, be offended then. I just wanna know why you did that. I really fail to see why you had no choice. Just spend one post on it and I (and most others) will be happy.
Keep failing then.

Just try to imagine my day when Nnja woke me up at ****ing 6:30 in the morning telling me I have to pick up Luma at the airport.

*Wakes up @ 6:30*
*ALOT OF *****
*Arrives at tournament 16:xx*

Try imagining that, if you can't, you're not human.

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
Its not like we planned to arrive 5 hours late or anything because thats what you're implying.
What?
You wanted me to be like "maaaaan Chris, c0mp, CJ, Luma, everything went so bad, we might aswell NOT go anymore because alot of people are pissed".
I'm pretty sure MORE people would've been upset if there was a tournament without CJ, Me, Helios & c0mp...so what the **** did you guys expect us to do? Really?

*note*
If you say "show up on time" then your implying we did this on purpose again.
I'm not talking about Saturday, I understand it was crappy that you had to pick up Luma all of a sudden plus CJ. So no not about Saturday (Even though it did suck majorly and you can't blame people for not being happy with it.) :/

I'm talking about Sunday.. You told me you slept in, because you and the others came home at 4 a.m. Thomaz, Aldwyn and all the other people sleeping at Thomaz' were home at 4 and back at the venue on time. So coming way too late again on Sunday without a real reason except for lack of sleep isn't really cool for others...

And what Marc was talking about hasn't got anything to do with you, but with Helios and Aniolas. When we drove to the station, Helios insisted that he had to get protein... Dunno why, since protein is in food aswell... And we were standing in front of a supermarket.. But he would run and be back in a few minutes... The Etos didn't have protein and from what I've heard they went on to look for other stores... So we left.. After waiting for almost an hour.. We had the host with us and 3 people who had to play teammatches and the tournament was stuck yet again...

Linkje

Smash Lord
That amsah overslept I can understand but not for the rest of them .
Amsah was really sick you could see it ....
As for the rest wake the **** best smasher of europe op next time !!!! :) :p

Thomaz

Smash Lord
Look, I really don't have any intention of attacking or insulting you (Amsah) in any way. I just wanna know what happened.

Oh, and Dave, we were a bit late because we overslept, lol.

Shoutouts time in Dutch/English.

Dutch:

Justin: Emo 4life. Was leuk om te teamen. Leuke friendlies daarna. Ik zie je wel weer als Brawl uitkomt. XD

Utto: het kwartet ownde, gefeliciteerd met de gedeelde tweede plaats. Volgende keer schop ik je eruit, als ik een keer goed speel. ^_~"

Gerben: volgende keer gewoon door de brackets komen hae.

Joeri: geef me m'n harde schijf terug. XD En ditto @Gerb.

Marc: geef maar gewoon toe dat je die onbekende vrouw, die op Utrecht Centraal tegen me zei: "I'm a dancer", hebt ingehuurd.

LPU: hoe was het als figurant om twee dagen net te doen alsof je LPU bent?

Cypher: leuke friendlies. En je zal vast wel een keertje leren techen. ;)

Amsah: te goed. Ik wist wel dat je CJ, Ek en de hele zooi zou verslaan. Volgende keer naar Amerika om daar te rapen?

Zeta: te goede matches met Comp tegen Helios en Ek. Was echt jammer dat het niet lukte.

Linkje: volgende keer gewoon Dave hard ownen.

Faab: jammer dat het zo slecht ging in singles. =(

Thomaz: je zuigt, maar ten minste niet in DI.

Adam: je wordt steeds beter. Ga ervoor! Leuke friendlies. ^^

Reffie: leuke free for all matches met items! XD

Jeffz0r: volgende keer niet weggaan als we op het punt staan om teambattles te doen. ^_~" En probeer wat meer het toernooi te leiden, lol. Voor de rest was het toernooi prima. ^.^ Oh, en leer die bustijden eens, je woont verdomme in de stad. XD

Coen: de 'Coen' ownt. Nog een atm lid door de poules. ^_^

Edwin: nog eentje. \o\ Geen friendlies gedaan. ;_;

Timmy, Brasje en Nini: leuke friendlies. ^__^

Robert: goede schijt. @bracketgeval.

Dave: gewoon ownen zoals je zou moeten ownen. o_O Oh, en emo 4life.

Johnnyboy: no Johns, err. >__>

The Scottish:

Euan: had fun housing you and Paul. ^_^ We didn't actually play though. o_O
Thomaz DI, lol.

Paul: I'm sorry for picking IC's on you. Blame Jeffz0r. >_> Nice matches afterwards. ^_^
Top 16 next tournament? You bet. =P Awesome Falcon, I wish I was that good. =/

The Italians:

Aldwyn: good **** at getting fifth and almost beating Ek! o_O

Chor: Metroid Zero Mission ftw. :p Nice Doc, too bad we didn't play.

Dax & Devil-Samus: too bad we had to kick you guys out of the tournament (I think). Ryuker will send the stuff you guys need probably.

The Swedes:

Helios: hah, I got a match of, lol. Not that it matters though, you were playing like crap in poules anyway. >_> Good **** at getting fourth. No good **** at the shouting, lol. And getting Protein which took you hours. =( Too bad I didn't get say goodbye.

Ek: nice meeting you again. Good job getting third. You should practice more again. :p

Anolias: nice matches in teams. And nice meeting you. XD Try to get on time next time though, heh. ;p

Svampen: Darrack darrack. Good stuff in teams and singles.

Sparken: nice meeting you again. Too bad we didn't play any friendlies. =( Well, we did play teams. =P

Oh, and those flags were stupid. >_>

Random:

Comp: nice meeting you again. Good **** at teams. o_O

Fox128: no fair. I wasn't warmed up at all. =( I'll get you next time, lol.

Anyone I forgot, sorry. You're still awesome probably (except for ZN of course. >__>).

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Amsah, it is not really about the point you had bad luck, you explained the situation abit to me at the tourney, though it went a bit fast for me at the moment, it is the fact that you guys still could participate after being 5 hours too late.

I already said that if it was for anyone else, it wouldn't be the case and we would be disqualified, it is rather the unfair judgement that happened.
If it were my tournament, I would have disqualified you guys, not because I blame you, but I have to keep the tournament running and look what happened, you had to finish singles the day after, which is ratehr stupid, considering we should have started at 12 tops.

I am not here to offend you and appearantly you do not want to explain what happened. Marc already said, no explanation means assumptioning, which is completely in their right.
Even if I knew you for 6 years, I would think you were just slagging off to get to the tournament, cause all I have been told is "they are underway", "they are still at Utrecht", etc etc.

So do not blame us for thinking something else, you would have done the exact same thing if it were about somebody else.
Also, it is stupid to pick up a guy at the airport at 11:30, you are already late by then, also..it is even more stupid to take a plane to a tournament on the day of the tournament, arriving too late in the country in question, also the lack of communication was another critical issue.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
To everyone I didnt play my money matches with,which is the majority of them,I plan on playing them next time I meet you.

Svampen-Well done on beating Remen,Dave and Comp.I really wanted to get my MM with you but there was no time and no TV's.Next time hopefully.I also had alot of fun playing teams with you.

Sparken-You had gotten way better since RoS3 and nice job on the tourney placing.I plan also on money matching you next time,how about against your falco?

Helios-Well done on getting CJ to last game...you played awful against me in pools,another money match I didnt get to play.

Doraki-Had alot of fun playing you.

Faab-I want to play you more than just once next time...

Aldwyn-Holy **** you are good at this game.I could tell from our friendlies before the tourney that you were going to **** but **** you got two games into EK..I love watching you play and well done on the placing.

Chor-you were unfortunate not to get seeded as you are very good.

As for my own performance at the tourney,I dont feel I could have played much worse.I got pooled with the guy who was housing me(Thomaz),and he knew I sucked vs Ice Climbers and a horrible match of gayness ensued.Thats not a john though,it was just unlucky.Just gotta do better next time.

Also,tournament organisers need to take note not to seed Kurre and Euan in the same pool,that was the third time in a row thats happened.:laugh:

cant wait for vids,when do you reckon they'll be up?

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
some shoutouts:

Helios: You're the OWNA man^^ I wanna play exactly like you... Too bad that we havent played against each other...
CJ: Ohh my god you're amazing... Never seen such a DI before... I which I had owned you in the last match... It was sooo close...
Amsah: I can't belive that you beat CJ... You're the one and only european shiek master
Nnja: Pssssssssst... Ohh man too funny again.... I hope to see you at the Watch The Dawn Tournament
Doraki: Ohh nice dude... you're Techskills are really good... Too bad that I fought like a pice of **** as I played you... >_> We have to play again...
Intart (I hope I've written that right): Man you're excacly as good as I am... the matches were great I learned a lot...
Svampen: I wanted to fight a Kirby ditto against you, but you haven't understood me I guess, but you're still amazing...
EK: I have never seen such a great Marth before... I want to fight you...
Fox128: team drunk for the win^^ we owned the italians in a funny mood^^ that was funny... I hope to see you at my tournament in january
Jeffz0r: You're a really funny guy... Thank you for housing me
Comp: really good **** dude... You're peach owns, I hope you're keeping my 23 Doubleshines in mind^^
Luma: we won the MM against Amsah, not everyone can say that^^
NGCXX: Too bad that I wasn't warmed up as I fought you, you tricked me with the falco **** man nice done...
BF: havent fought against each other... I had loved to play a falco ditto against you...
Fire: Woow dude I owned you^^ I'm so happy about that... last time you kicked my *** out of the tournament... You're playing a very nice CF style... Moonwalk for the win^^

I forgot a lot of people I know but I cant write shoutouts for several hours I'm sorry

reffie2

Smash Journeyman
You can't blame everything on CJ if you don't even know the half of what happened
Quote from A-D.

Ik heb geen flauw idee wie jij bent maar te laat is te laat. Er is geen reden om zo erg te laat te komen. Ook al zit het soms niet mee, als je optijd weg gaat dan kom je nooit 5 uur te laat. Als jij wel weet hoe het is gegaan dan mag jij mij dat even uitleggen. Zo niet, kop dicht.

Amsah,

I am not blaiming you, it's not like you want to arrive 5 hours too late. However, the fact that you could still participate in the tournament is showing that Jeffz0r is a failure as a host.

I think a lot of people would be upset if we didn't showed up at all.

You all screwed up the tournament, I would have you disqualified inmediately. Since when are you the 'main part' of the tournament? The best thing to figure this out is to vote during the tournament asking the question: 'Should we wait for Amsah etc. or should we disqualify them?' This question could be brought up on Saturday from Jeffz0r but he was to chicken to make hard dissicions.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
!!!

Well I'm back and i'm gonna make my 1st post short.

1. the tournament itself was greatly entertaining even though there were times when i fell asleep in actual matches.

2. Amsah is the funkin MAN!!!! I'm not just talking tourny wise, he just really proved to be a great friend when i really needed 1. This will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

3. Jeffzor Sucks at being a decent human being.

4. Will post more lata cuz i'm at work. (next post may be quite long)

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
wtf is all this stuff about Jeffz0r being lame for still having them participate? what else could he have done?
why the hell do you think all the foreigners came to the tournament? not to see BF suicide three times in a match, no, to see the best of europe play. asides from starting with pools, there's not much that could have been done. disqualifying Amsah, CJ, Helios, Nnja etc etc would've been worse then waiting a few hours.
Besides, jeff didnt know they were going to be so late; when word was out they were at the Den Bosch train station, it took another 1.5 hours or so in which they could arrive any minute as far as we knew.
but banning them from the tournament was no option.

now im not saying it wasnt really ****ed up that the lot of them showed up so ****ing late, and i can not think of a single situation of such delay that does not involve random bombings and acts of infidelity. i have to agree with thomaz on that.

reffie. c'mon. if you disqualified them the tournament would be a huge failure due to lack of competition. if a vote had been organised the outcome would probably be to wait for them anyway.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Quote from A-D.

Ik heb geen flauw idee wie jij bent maar te laat is te laat. Er is geen reden om zo erg te laat te komen. Ook al zit het soms niet mee, als je optijd weg gaat dan kom je nooit 5 uur te laat. Als jij wel weet hoe het is gegaan dan mag jij mij dat even uitleggen. Zo niet, kop dicht.

Amsah,

I am not blaiming you, it's not like you want to arrive 5 hours too late. However, the fact that you could still participate in the tournament is showing that Jeffz0r is a failure as a host.

You all screwed up the tournament, I would have you disqualified inmediately. Since when are you the 'main part' of the tournament? The best thing to figure this out is to vote during the tournament asking the question: 'Should we wait for Amsah etc. or should we disqualify them?' This question could be brought up on Saturday from Jeffz0r but he was to chicken to make hard dissicions.

1. Who are you, does any1 know you exist? I've neva heard of you! Which means you must be a nobody!! Amsah is famous in the Smash community, along with myelf Helios CJ and others. We have earned the right for a little leway on certain things that occur throughout the day.

simply put *** YOU WHOEVA YOU ARE.

Exalador

Smash Lord
pfff... alright everyone.. i know this stuff was annoying and stuff... but cmon man cut Amsah some slack... he got like a last minute notification that he had to pick up some people... From what i have heard / seen, Amsah has never been late so far and it was already known that he was gonna be way to late when i arrived... Jeffz0r decided we should wait... thats the HOST his choice and i think we should respect that....

Even though I also don't fully agree with Jeffz0r deciding to just wait for them... Because there were other, more logical solutions... just do the Low Tier tourney first... Now we didn't have a low tier tourney at all...

Still: this was a great experience for me, even despite all the sh*t that happened... I aint mad at anyone..

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, it was horrible of us to arrive late, but there wasn't much we could do about it. I'm not going to discuss the saturday deal, I'll leave that up to the others.

However, me getting **** for caring about my personal health is just bullcrap. If you want to disqualify me for that, fine. Like I told Aniolas when we were walking towards Etos, I couldn't care less. Fever + lack of sleep + lack of nutrition is a way more serious matter than smash.
Not sure if you're aware of this.

On Saturday I went TWICE to get food during the tourney, just because my metabolism requires me to eat tons of protein and carbohydrates. Someone tell me how I'm supposed to get >100 grams of protein by eating cheese sandwiches.

Other than that, I don't really care what you say about cheering and such. It's a part of the game, and it wasn't really a problem to anyone during finals, was it?
I find people screaming out loud during friendlies (right next to the important matches of singles/teams) to be way more disrespectful ;)

Anyway, despite many unfortunate events, some uncontrollable, I had a good time, and I hope more people step it up and host tourneys all over Europe.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Amsah, it is not really about the point you had bad luck, you explained the situation abit to me at the tourney, though it went a bit fast for me at the moment, it is the fact that you guys still could participate after being 5 hours too late.
Extreme example:

Ok, imagine you go to Japan for a tournament you were supposed to arrive 5 hours before the tournament, but your flight has been delayed for 10 hours.
Your ticket cost you 800$.
Now, replace you with Ken, Isai, Azen & KoreanDJ
Should they be disqualified yes or no?

I already said that if it was for anyone else, it wouldn't be the case and we would be disqualified, it is rather the unfair judgement that happened.
If it were my tournament, I would have disqualified you guys, not because I blame you, but I have to keep the tournament running and look what happened, you had to finish singles the day after, which is ratehr stupid, considering we should have started at 12 tops.
How is it unfair judgement?
How many people in the dutch community ever arrived 5 hours late?
As far as I remember (from my 1.5 years tourney experience), none, so who are you comparing us with?

Anyone with a normal functioning brain who hasn't been living alone under a rock in aghanistan should realise that disquallifying people from other countries is.....
Lets just say, if you wanted to disquallify anyone, it should've been me.
Because technically speaking (even though I couldn't help it) its my fault.

I am not here to offend you and appearantly you do not want to explain what happened. Marc already said, no explanation means assumptioning, which is completely in their right.
Even if I knew you for 6 years, I would think you were just slagging off to get to the tournament, cause all I have been told is "they are underway", "they are still at Utrecht", etc etc.
Ofcourse you'll assume things.
Does that mean you have to assume something bad?
My money got stolen at a tournament, when I couldn't find it at first, I figured I misplaced it.
When all the evidence pointed to Ivo taking it, I still didn't think it was him because I've known Ivo for quite a long time now.
I was assuming quite alot of things, but none of them were as negative as yours when it was about something alot more serious.
So stop blaming the fact that I didn't explain anything for your assumptions, they have nothing to do with one another.

So do not blame us for thinking something else, you would have done the exact same thing if it were about somebody else.
Also, it is stupid to pick up a guy at the airport at 11:30, you are already late by then, also..it is even more stupid to take a plane to a tournament on the day of the tournament, arriving too late in the country in question, also the lack of communication was another critical issue.
If you think I'd think the same as you and do the same as you did you really don't know me at all.

It was either arrive late (wich I told Jeffz0r atleast a month in advance) or not arrive at all, seeing as people wanted to play CJ you should be happy he decided to come anyway as he was one of the main attractions of this tournament.

See above example for your "Late is late" argument.

Amsah,

See above example again for your argument.

I sure as hell wouldn't have disquallified you if you were with 4 foreigners (thnx for correcting me Luma).
Heck It wouldn't even have crossed my mind even if you were alone.
So don't blame Jeffz0r for actually having a heart.

If Ken decided to participate in the tournament he would've been the main part.
Why?
Because randomly 200+ foreigners (europeans) would sign up just to play him once.

Faab

Smash Ace
next time before *****ing about someone that badly try to house some foreigners first and pray everything goes right. The fact that just 5 out of 80 dutchies were housing people is already shameful. Besides that i had fun at the tournament even though i got owned real badly. <3 everyone

reffie2

Smash Journeyman
1. Who are you, does any1 know you exist? I've neva heard of you! Which means you must be a nobody!! Amsah is famous in the Smash community, along with myelf Helios CJ and others. We have earned the right for a little leway on certain things that occur throughout the day.

Luister, de quote: 'Ik heb geen flauw idee wie jij bent....' is bedoeld voor A-D. Dat is iemand hier op smashboards. Leer lezen.
Ik ben langer op het toernooi dan jou Enycecricket ofzo. Amsah, dit bericht was niet voor jou bedoeld. Ik had er toch echt duidelijk bij gezet: 'Quote from A-D'.
Who the hell are you anyway? Do you even understand Dutch?

Anyway, if a host of a tournament would wait five hours just for me I would thank him and slap him for his kindness. I paid to enter the tournament, not to play CJ/Helios or whatever. I don't cut anyone some slack. This tournament was a disaster. I don't care if the world top 10 would go to the tournament, a delay is a delay. If more people on this tournament think that Jeffz0r did the right ting than I shut up inmediately.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
@Reffie
Enycecricket is c0mp, he's an american and has no idea what you just said.
Also, I can still disagree with what you said even if you didn't direct it at me.

Linkje

Smash Lord
No prob that they arrived late but give us a call with a time you CAN come I tried to push jeffz0r to start with other things then singles but he said there wasn't enough time.

after pouls I asked him if we could begin the brackets already but there were things in poules that weren't decided yet...

What I REALLY LIKED ABOUT THE TOURNEY ...ENOUGH TV's ENOUGH CHAIRS PEOPLE WERE HAVING FUN WITH SMASH :)

Also when amsah and stuff came in they didn't greet people they needed to do things fast..
niceley done...

When you come from an other country please take note that you need to get your bags from the airport too.

Maybe A bull**** post but one to kill time

Also comp your a nice guy but DO NOT INSULT REFFIE.
It is the worst thing to do in the dutch smash community .

Amsah ik krijg nog 50 cent van je ik hoop dat de bullit gewerkt heeft en netjes dat je die japanner geowned hebt. dave krijgt ook nog 50 cent van je :p .

reffie2

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to offend anyone, I just think people did not act correctly. I still think you're nice guys and all.

He's comp, so why this post? It looks like an random insult.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Amsah told me about the stuff that happened to them on Saturday, and there really was some bad luck and miscommunication involved. I still don’t get why he didn’t really post it here, but I can assure you he did get screwed over. I do think Helios and some others should have already gone to the tournament to reduce the damage, that’s the only thing that I’m still a bit pissed off about. Calling more often to give us an accurate idea about their status would have been better as well.

About the disqualification thing... it’s true most people wouldn’t get the treatment these guys got, but, in at least CJ’s case, disqualifying was not an option. You also can’t change what has already happened, so no point in discussing this part anymore.

Sunday is a completely different story. Even though Jeffz0r didn’t inform us about the lack of meals for sale at the venue, it was still easy to buy food at the station. The protein run Helios and Aniolas did was also gay. Can’t really blame the people who were late though (although the people who arrived after 2 PM don’t really have an excuse anymore, that’s just too late), seeing how crappy Saturday was when it came to being on time. Also, the NS was screwing people over again.

As for cheering, besides the Swedes reading every SSBM FAQ on Gamefaqs out loud during matches of their countrymen, I think they actually kept it quite decent for the most part. It was much worse at RoS3. Some people still need to learn to shut the **** up though (in general).

All in all, this tournament sucked big time. Unless I decide to start practicing again, you won’t see me at another two day event (well, certainly not on both days). It was a waste of time and money for the most part.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord

Reffie has been former dutch champ and has played for many years now, so saying he doesn't exist is useless because a lot of people know him

I hadn't heard of you before this tournament, but i won't say you're a nobody, cause that's bull****. Just think twice before insulting somebody

FireMan.EXE

Smash Journeyman
What I REALLY LIKED ABOUT THE TOURNEY ...ENOUGH TV's ENOUGH CHAIRS PEOPLE WERE HAVING FUN WITH SMASH :).
Yeah, this must've been the first tournament where there were more tv's than cubes. :D

SHOUT OUT TIME!:

In general, I sucked even more than I'm used too at this tourney, really late in the day I finally started getting warmed up (most likely the reason I beat Natta, but that was a tad too late :p)

Jeffrey: Thanks for running this tournament, you really tried to unite the European smashers, and you almost did a very good job at that! That's why I think all the *****ing is so wrong. But just next time, you could ask for a little help from us. I mean, AFC will be organised by 2 crews, and you're just one man alone. At the next tourney, we should defintely play, it's been ages.

Linkje: "The kroketmatch dudes"? Since when did Exalador and me lost our names? XP All I can say about your Ganondorf is: [Quakevoice]HUMILIATION![/Quakevoice] Your mayonaise sandwich with kroket on the side looked excellent. From 50 meters away

Adam: D@mn dude, if that's what a good falco player looks like, it's good thing I quit Falco 0_o. You won fair and square.

Ivo: D@mn, I got pwned, hard ;_; Never played you before I think, but just..d@mn!

Natta: Always nice to see a new face. I've gotta say we were at least evenly matched, and the match was pretty exciting for me, I was very glad I won, since you were pretty good. I can't really remember, but I think it was really close on the last level, wasn't it?

Aniolas: I don't really remember playing you, 'cept getting pwned :p
Devil-Samus: W00t for Samus players!

C0mp: Crap, a famous Samus player, and I didn't play him! St00pid me! ;_;

Marc: Had fun talking to you at the tourney, but you were way too powerful for me at smash. If you were as nice on the board as you were at the tourney, mayhaps people would stop fussing with you XP
Oh, and La Chouffe ftw!

Korhan and Stephen(?): That's one angry mofo 'fro of DOOM you got going there! Me and Deimos had way too much fun teaming with you. Especially you pwning your teammate with Samus energy ball XD Team N00B ftw!

Taping Amsah with my cell after he beat Svampen (?):
FMan: "Amsah, how are you feeling right now?"
Amsah: "Sick"
FMan: "Sick? Your always sick at tourneys!" -tape stops-
**** my mobile phone sucks for not recording longer segments :p

Down A: **** dude, were you glued to that tv with the 2 other guys, I really would've wanted to play you, but you were a bit too preoccupied. How did all the port and martini work out? XD

Swedes: Waving with your flag is an American thing, stop it! XD

Everyone else: Good ****!

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Amsah, here is the problem. If I would go to Japan and join a tournament, I would come a few days BEFORE the start of the tournament, that way I can be sure of being on time, holy cow...for real?
Why did CJ come on saturday and not on friday evening?

Also, you guys got special treatment, cause many smashers are like "omg it is Amsah and CJ, they MUST come, else the tournament is crap!"
Which is ********. You are not any better than us, sure, you are the better smasher, but that should not give you special powers.

See, if I was too late for a tournament, it would end up in a disqualify. It does not matter wether you know people or not.
It is human nature, aswell as assuming things, wether it will be bad, or not. It does not matter at all.
All we've been told is that you went to Amsterdam to pick up CJ with 8 men, sure...then it is logical of us to think you had massive delays, cause man...that is just too obvious.

Nihonjin said:
How is it unfair judgement?
How many people in the dutch community ever arrived 5 hours late?
As far as I remember (from my 1.5 years tourney experience), none, so who are you comparing us with?

Anyone with a normal functioning brain who hasn't been living alone under a rock in aghanistan should realise that disquallifying people from other countries is.....
Lets just say, if you wanted to disquallify anyone, it should've been me.
Because technically speaking (even though I couldn't help it) its my fault.
You are right, none. Cause people are usually on time, at least I remember the days at Silver's. If things were organised better between all of you, then you would not get in troubles. It is partially your fault.

Nihonjin said:
Ofcourse you'll assume things.
Does that mean you have to assume something bad?
My money got stolen at a tournament, when I couldn't find it at first, I figured I misplaced it.
When all the evidence pointed to Ivo taking it, I still didn't think it was him because I've known Ivo for quite a long time now.
I was assuming quite alot of things, but none of them were as negative as yours when it was about something alot more serious.
So stop blaming the fact that I didn't explain anything for your assumptions, they have nothing to do with one another.
You know that assuming means thinking a logical solution to problem in question. If you are in Amsterdam, than we would assume you will be in Den Bosch in 2 hours tops, but you took 5 hours...so yeah, people would think negative, cause how else could you take so long, considering people would not think of something so farfetched you had to endure.

Nihonjin said:
If you think I'd think the same as you and do the same as you did you really don't know me at all.

It was either arrive late (wich I told Jeffz0r atleast a month in advance) or not arrive at all, seeing as people wanted to play CJ you should be happy he decided to come anyway as he was one of the main attractions of this tournament.
No, I do not know you at all, nor do you know me. Does that matter? Am I less human if I do not know you? Should I know you because you are Amsah? I never had problems with you, I want to keep it that way, casuse I see no reason to do so, but appearantly you do not accept how everyone is thinking.

Oh yes, I am so happy CJ came, cause men we had such great talks. Like no. CJ rules the streets in Holland, I mean if he comes then it is as if God descends to earth and grace us with his divine presence. Get Real!

Of course it is cool if CJ would show up, but that is no reason to arrive late, the troubles you went through on your way are of course annoying, but saying, I should be happy because he came is just sad.
Why should I be happy? Is it because he is CJ? Is he that cool that I should suck him off, seeing as a lot of people do so.

It is cool if any foreigner shows up at a tournament, but that does not mean one should get special preferences above the others.

Also Helios, WHERE was it stated that yelling during important matches is part of the game? Did Ninty said somewhere that if you play tournament matches you should yell to annoy other people? I think not.

Making noise during important matches is annoying, some people like to concentrate and others simply like to watch, but do not like to hear you saying something at EVERY ATTACK!
Just cheer when EK makes a KO or whatever, but do not do so at every single movement he does, cause THAT is the annoying thing.
Besides, this is Holland and have never done that, instead of saying it is part of the game, you could also respect us in saying, no problem mate, we will be silent.

Also, wtf. People should not make noise during friendlies because the finals are being played, yet you make more noise then anyone else during finals. Your arrogance is even worse than I thought it was.
So, people that are playing SSBM should mute their tvs and shut up if a final is played, but you can talk? That is very contradicting.

When you muted the sound when Thomas and me were playing, I really wanted to stand up, walk to the tv were EK was playing and switch off the tv. Especially after the comment: "if you wanna play, you can go over there." *pointing at the back of the hall. That was asocial dude.

Also, WHY not eating in the morning if you are hungry, also you came past the station before you arrived at the tournament, right? So why didn't you bought anything when you were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom