• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Jigglypuff Testing Grounds~

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Not sure. I'm just going by what my friend from Cali told me last month, but he goes to school in MI so it could have changed without his knowing.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I don't think so at all. This is why:

Its essentially an aerial ground pound. Pound's main use is its acceleration, but the weak point is that you can't DI very well after it. Changing the initial acceleration will not fix that.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Can't someone go on AiB and ask Meow how he did it?

And yeah, I think the only real use I'd get out of it is tricking/opening up someone whose way into shieldgrabbing you after a pound.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Can't someone go on AiB and ask Meow how he did it?

And yeah, I think the only real use I'd get out of it is tricking/opening up someone whose way into shieldgrabbing you after a pound.
But it shouldn't affect that. If the pound hits shield, you still should get shieldgrabbed because it only changes the initial acceleration of pound, not the actual move. The inability to DI at the end is still there.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
But it shouldn't affect that. If the pound hits shield, you still should get shieldgrabbed because it only changes the initial acceleration of pound, not the actual move. The inability to DI at the end is still there.
I meant not hitting them at all with it, and then attacking when they release the shield to try to grab you.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I'm more interested in pound spike, if it's usable better yet practical, than jigg's just got way better.

Jiggs: oh hello space animal I see you are off the edge.
Space animal: indeed I am.
Jiggs: Let me beat you into the death wall then.
Space animal: you'll never get me, I'm far too close.
Jiggs: a good point, I 'guess I'll just pound you then.
Space animal: sure sure, what's 10 more damage.
*Pound spikes*
Space animal: I SAY SIR!
Jiggs: Good day then.
*GAME*

although this conversation probably doesn't happen THAT much, but pund spike would still be awesome.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I'm more interested in pound spike, if it's usable better yet practical, than jigg's just got way better.

Jiggs: oh hello space animal I see you are off the edge.
Space animal: indeed I am.
Jiggs: Let me beat you into the death wall then.
Space animal: you'll never get me, I'm far too close.
Jiggs: a good point, I 'guess I'll just pound you then.
Space animal: sure sure, what's 10 more damage.
*Pound spikes*
Space animal: I SAY SIR!
Jiggs: Good day then.
*GAME*

although this conversation probably doesn't happen THAT much, but pund spike would still be awesome.
But it only happens with the DI'd dair. Not much is done on our part besides attempting a pound in mid-air.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
ORLY?!
didn't know that...
too bad though, cause that would be really great to master.
I think pound's di can be explored more, what about reverse pound! or retreating down pound!
both would be useful beyond belief.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
But it only happens with the DI'd dair. Not much is done on our part besides attempting a pound in mid-air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHOnAlZqQ3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOsTB9vAEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ5eGKi_o_k

You'd think it was some kind of downward movement, a vertical DI, but if that was the case, then why hasn't anyone been able to replicate it? I've been tryin' for months, and the only thing I could ever get working was Pound's stage-spike while on the stage, but anyone can do that ~_~

illinialex24

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHOnAlZqQ3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOsTB9vAEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ5eGKi_o_k

You'd think it was some kind of downward movement, a vertical DI, but if that was the case, then why hasn't anyone been able to replicate it? I've been tryin' for months, and the only thing I could ever get working was Pound's stage-spike while on the stage, but anyone can do that ~_~
It is. I do it all the time. Around every day or so... Its so ordinary I don't save a replay anymore. Its a downward DI that puts them in a tech animation before they can be sent upwards.

rinoH

Smash Lord
spiking with pound is one of those things that happen once in a lifetime lololol +1 post count

Glick

Smash Lord
Motionless pound also has to do with your opponent. The only reason everyones freaking out about it is because its at the end of meows combo video. Did you notice that it happens right afters falcos N A combo? I've done it accidentally too. Theres just something that pushs you back, but since pound moves forward, it appears that you aren't moving at all. Like walking on a treadmill.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Motionless pound also has to do with your opponent. The only reason everyones freaking out about it is because its at the end of meows combo video. Did you notice that it happens right afters falcos N A combo? I've done it accidentally too. Theres just something that pushs you back, but since pound moves forward, it appears that you aren't moving at all. Like walking on a treadmill.
I was coming to think that. I've missed pounding Toon Links dair and the wind kept me mostly still.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
So pounds momentum is relative to the the current movement on jigglypuff, then would that mean a downwards pound going towards the stage when you're sent flying would halt your takeoff altogether!!?
to good to be true right?

Veril

Frame Savant
Way to crush my dreams, jerk. :(

I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight

I've got a vid of a super-pound (weird interaction with pound and gale boomerang and the pillars on Luigi's mansion). It goes about 1/4 the length of Final D. ITS A NEW AT OMG OMG OMG! :psycho:

Seriously though... I can only express my sadness through excessive emoticons. Glick, you are a bad man. Bad bad man.

Top Bottom