• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Jigglypuff Testing Grounds~

Glick

Smash Lord
I knew about falco (thats what he gets for having short little arms). but not about MK. I'll definitely use that if I'm ever stuck using him.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble doing Jigglypuff Footstool Double Jab Lock on fastfallers. Any tips?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
First of all, it is a character specific technique. I suggest you practice against Falco.

What I do is I short hop, then I let myself fall the length of half of a short hop (it shouldn't take too long) and then do a rising pound into Falco. Then I quickly hold in the opposite direction that I pounded in, and repeatedly press jump. You should jump twice; The first one should be almost unnoticeable, since it should be imeadiately followed up be the footstool. Make sure that both of your jumps are Short Hops; A regular footstool will be too high. Once you reach the height of your short hopped footstool, do a n-air, and immeadiately fastfall. Then follow it up with a Double, or Single if you find it easier, Jab lock.

---

On an unrelated note, I believe I've discovered a technique. I wouldn't exactly call it an AT...because it's not all that advanced, although it is somewhat difficult to pull off.

Anyway, what you do is Jump, and once you get close to the ground (not THAT close), you do a descending Pound into the ground. If you do it at the right height, you can make your pound slide either forward or backwards on the ground, and drag it's hitbox. Also, if you press A while doing this, you can do a retreating Jab or f-tilt. It's pretty cool. I can make a video if you guys don't understand.

Amide

Smash Lord
Thanks for help on that.

On the new thing you found, that sounds cool. I'll try it next time I play, but is it useful?

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah. I already said something a long time ago about that. I was talking about silent pounds. Its the same exact thing your talking about I think. I didn't know about the jab thing though.

Jiggz isn't top tier.

Jiggz is god tier.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Nah, it's not the silent pound. You pound into the ground (Jiggz still makes the pound noise), and you can pull pound's hitbox back.

I suppose I should get a video up.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I really hate to double post, but I has infoz!

Projectiles n-air will stop:

Mario Fireballs
Link Arrow/Boomerang
Samus uncharged shot/(homing) Missiles
Pikachu thunder jolt
GAW Chef
Luigi Fierballs
Sheik needle
Diddy peanuts
Pit arrow
Charizard Rocksmash/flamethrower
Squirtle Water gun
Ivysaur Razor leaf
Peach turnip
IC Ice toss
DDD Waddle Dee/Doo
Lucario uncharged AS
Bowser Flame
TL arrow/boomerang
ROB Gyro

Projectiles n-air will not out prioritize:

Link bomb
Samus Charged shot
Fox lasers
GAW Bucket
Zelda Dins Fire
Falco Lasers
Yoshi Egg
Lucario Charged AS
Ness/Lucas Pk Fire/Thunder/Flash
Toon Link Bombs
ROB Lasers

It's about time, AMIRITE?

Also, I suppose I will now be taking requests.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Okay.

*"Sometimes" means that, depending on Jiggs' crouch animation (she bounces up and down) it sometimes hits and it sometimes doesn't.*

^ = angle up
> = straight

Mario f-smash ^
DK f-tilt ^
Link Grab
Samus F-smash ^>, f-tilt ^ >(sometimes)
Kirby u-tilt (facing you)
Fox Jab 1 (sometimes), f-tilt ^ >(sometimes)
Marth u-tilt
G&W u-tilt
Luigi F-smash ^, u-smash (facing you)
Diddy u-smash (actually hits you, but does hardly any hitstun, so you can easily retaliate)
Zelda f-tilt ^>, u-tilt, u-smash, jab
MK U-smash
Falco f-tilt ^>, down B
Charizard u-tilt
Ike Jab (sometimes), f-tilt ^
Snake Jabs (All 3)
Peach u-tilt (even avioded if standing)
Yoshi f-tilt ^
Ganondorf Jab, f-tilt, f-smash (sometimes)
DDD u-tilt
Lucario u-smash
Bowser u-tilt (facing you) f-tilt ^
Wario f-tilt ^
Rob f-smash ^>, f-tilt ^>, u-smash, u-tilt
Olimar u-tilt (sometimes)
Falcon Jab, f-tilt ^>, f-smash (if close)

Zamuel

Smash Cadet
While Sing really sucks now, is there a set time frame for how long you can put people to sleep at certain percentages? Also, since Sing can detonate mines, does it have any other interesting quirks that could be handy in really specialized situations?

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Okay.

*"Sometimes" means that, depending on Jiggs' crouch animation (she bounces up and down) it sometimes hits and it sometimes doesn't.*

^ = angle up
> = straight

Mario f-smash ^
DK f-tilt ^
Link Grab
Samus F-smash ^>, f-tilt ^ >(sometimes)
Kirby u-tilt (facing you)
Fox Jab 1 (sometimes), f-tilt ^ >(sometimes)
Marth u-tilt
G&W u-tilt
Luigi F-smash ^, u-smash (facing you)
Diddy u-smash (actually hits you, but does hardly any hitstun, so you can easily retaliate)
Zelda f-tilt ^>, u-tilt, u-smash, jab
MK U-smash
Falco f-tilt ^>, down B
Charizard u-tilt
Ike Jab (sometimes), f-tilt ^
Snake Jabs (All 3)
Peach u-tilt (even avioded if standing)
Yoshi f-tilt ^
Ganondorf Jab, f-tilt, f-smash (sometimes)
DDD u-tilt
Lucario u-smash
Bowser u-tilt (facing you) f-tilt ^
Wario f-tilt ^
Rob f-smash ^>, f-tilt ^>, u-smash, u-tilt
Olimar u-tilt (sometimes)
Falcon Jab, f-tilt ^>, f-smash (if close)

Felt like adding a little more to that list:

Note: Jigglypuff can normally evade all projectile, that aren't huge like charged shots, by crouching, but expect projectiles that fall at an angle to sometimes hit you. This is why they aren't listed below.

Honestly, I find being able to dodge Utilts extremely useless, but those who spam sliding USmashes...

Also: *Safe to counter attack with DownA. (I need someone to test out the rest of these, to see which can be safely countered with DownA. My little brother isn't an accurate source of information, nor is very helpful >_>)

Mario:
-----
Diagonal (Upward) FSmash

Donkey Kong:
-----

UpSmash *
Diagonal (upward) Ftilt

Link:
-----

UpTilt (*Must be used when the sword is not near you)
Grab (*during the grab lag)

Samus:
-----

FTilt (*After she attacks)
FSmash (*After she attacks)
1st Jab
Upsmash*

Kirby:
-----

UTilt (only from the front)

Fox:
-----

DIagonal (upward) Ftilt (Sometimes)
FSmash (only if they're overlapping)

Pikachu:
-----

UpSmash (From behind only)*

Marth:
-----

2nd Jab
UpTilt (*Same as link, avoid the sword, then attack)

Game&Watch:
-----

UTilt (*Sometimes hits from the front; Same as link)

Luigi:
-----

Digaonal (upward) FSmash
UpSmash (from the front only)

Diddy Kong:
-----

FSpecial (Grab portion)
FSpecial (Kick portion - dependant on positioning)
UTilt (from behind only)

USmash (from the front, you'll get hit, dealing 5% damage, but even at 999% you recieve no knockback - just a small hitstun. From behind it totally misses UNLESS you're overlapping with Diddy Kong.)

Zelda:
-----

Jab
Utilt
FTilt (Forward and Diagonally upward)
USmash

Sheik:
-----

Neutral B (Sometimes, as Jigglypuff bounces during crouching)

Meta-knight:
-----

USmash

Falco:
-----

Neutral B
DownB
FTilt (Upwards and sometimes the actual horizontal tilt)
UTilt (from behind)
USmash (from behind)

Charizard:
-----

UTilt

Ike:
-----

Diagonal (upward) tilt
Jab (very rarely)

Snake:
------

Jabs (all of them XD)

Peach:
-----

UTilt
FSpecial
Grab

Yoshi:
-----

Diagonal (upward) Ftilt
USmash

Ganondorf:
-----

FTilt
Jab
Fsmash (Sometimes)
DSpecial
Neutral B
Grab

King DeDeDe:
-----

UTilt

Lucario:
-----

USmash
FSpecial (Normally, when it would grab upclose, it just misses)

Ness:
-----

UTilt

Bowser:
-----

USmash
Utilt (facing you)

Wario:
-----

Diagonal (Upward) Ftilt

R.O.B.:
-----

FTilt (Upward and horizontally)
FSmash (Upward and horizontally)
Utilt
USmash
FSpecial (Although, it can be tilted)
1st jab

Captain Falcon:
-----

FTilt (Upward and horizontally)
FSmash(Upward and horizontally)
Jabs (Except the last string of attacks)
Grab

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Well, Jeepy, if you're still here, do you mind giving us a list of attacks pound out prioritizes?

Edit: So far, I got Skull Bash and Luigi's Torpedo.

Also, weird thing, pound seems to out prioritize Lucas' PK Fire, but not in the air. Also, it has to be done at the same exact time it's casted.

'Nother edit: I've also been able to stop Lucas' PK Thunder and Din's Fire with a N-air. o.O

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Alright guys, I've been taking a break from SWF/Jiggz, but I'm back! Yay!

Anyway, I'll try to get some of those requests done.

Well, Jeepy, if you're still here, do you mind giving us a list of attacks pound out prioritizes?
Wait... Every single move in the game? @___@

Also, thanks for the shmexy info! ^.^

Amide

Smash Lord
Something weird happened, (probably already discovered though) I used sing, and my opponent slid across the stage at lightning speed. What happened? Oh, and he was sleeping while sliding, and was asleep for a while too...

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I propose a list showing all the moves punishable OoS with rest. I don't expect one person to do this. If it can be done, I'm sure it would help Jiggly's metagame.

Glick

Smash Lord
When the opponent is lying down (from getting hit). Which characters can you rest just by standing next to them (Face and head).

I'm planning to work on some G&W team combos and its important for me to know.

PND

Smash Champion
G&W's dthrow is techable, thus avoidable. It's be an interesting list to see, though, and I'll see if I can test anything with my brother when he gets home from school.

Ganondorf, on the other hand. . . :chuckle: murderchoke to jablock to Warlock Punch combo? Ganondorf will kill, and you rack up the damage. Plus you can save him if he's dying, just make sure he doesn't hit you.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about uses for the ducking to avoid attacks, and I came up with something pretty good. You can jump right out of ducking, which means you can use it as an oppertunity to use dair to rest. This is especally useful for people using moving upsmashes, because you will be right beside them. Would you mind posting a list of all characters who have an avoidable upsmash by ducking? That'd be cool.

Do you guys think this will be useful at all? I mean, its faster than perfect sheilding, and really easy to pull off. This could help Jiggz's matchup against some caracters (including GaW and Snake).

Btw, I've tried the double jab lock again, and I'm hoping I'll be able to use it in a real battle, cuz that'd be awesome.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
u can avoid d3s annoying up tilt with down tilt or ducking
i found out recently that characters can move and duck at the same time if u tilt ur control stick diagonally downward and repeatedly press it. good for mind games and avoiding up smash and up tilts
unfortunatly jigglys duck dash is nothing compared to mks :(. it can also be used to avoid projectiles and move but its not practical

illinialex24

Smash Hero
u can avoid d3s annoying up tilt with down tilt or ducking
i found out recently that characters can move and duck at the same time if u tilt ur control stick diagonally downward and repeatedly press it. good for mind games and avoiding up smash and up tilts
unfortunatly jigglys duck dash is nothing compared to mks :(. it can also be used to avoid projectiles and move but its not practical
Ummm... no DDD is gonna use U-tilt when your on the ground. You shouldn't be on the ground next to him.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
'Cause a King Dedede would most likely use UTilt on you if you were in the air....

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
alot of d3 like to u-tilt if u roll into them, if u duck and d-tilt it will cancel the u-tilt and they will be hit with both frames of the d-tilt dealing twice the damage

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
I assume more King Dededes would use DSmash if you rolled next to them - that's my experience. :\

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You should never roll into a DDD. Are you high today woodman seriously? He will F-smash and kill you if he anticipates it. And U-tilt is meant if you try to SH approach a DDD, not much else, but since it is Jigglypuff's gamneplay, ouch.

Glick

Smash Lord
D3's uptilt is as strong or nearly as strong as snakes up tilt. They almost always just spam it if your just reach killing range. D3's do use up tilt when your on the ground. Woodmans right about that. I might try that in a friendly sometime soon.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
D3's uptilt is as strong or nearly as strong as snakes up tilt. They almost always just spam it if your just reach killing range. D3's do use up tilt when your on the ground. Woodmans right about that. I might try that in a friendly sometime soon.
Not really because you're not gonna be on the ground next to them. They will grab you if you are shielding next to them. And if you are right in front of them on the ground just trying to attack them... locate your nearest roll away and or jump button.

Veril

Frame Savant
Some of those rest KO % are a too low. I know you already stated that they didn't account for everything.

Link for example can survive to ~110% with DI and immediately using the d-air.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Some of those rest KO % are a too low. I know you already stated that they didn't account for everything.

Link for example can survive to ~110% with DI and immediately using the d-air.
Those are with DI on Final Destination. They were tested and are accurate. Without DI they are lower, and with a smash DI and down aerial they are higher. However, they are a rough estimate when it is safe to rest and they are fairly accurate. I always make sure I am 5% higher before I actually do rest, but thats just me.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
yawn i dunno if anyone posted this and i dont really care..but at low percents you can quickly overb>fair >stool jump>dair>rest..

yay

or like just fair dair rest at like 90 ish i dunno

ill post a vid if you want or if you already have it..meh i wont

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
eh, that sounds extremely DI dependent/opponent responding in exact ways/extremely situational to actually pull of in a match vs a good player... but feel free to post the vids and prove me wrong.

Top Bottom