• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

WwwWario

Smash Ace
This might have been mentioned before, but what if, since Jiggly now is a Fairy Type in the Pokemon games, she had Dazzling Gleam as a side special? I never liked her Side Special, as I only find myself using it sometimes for recovery. It would also promote Jiggly with a projectile attack, making her more useful AND cooler. That's my thought on it, at least :)

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Chances of Jigglypuff being revealed this Monday? I'm kinda dying of anticipation

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think (hope) Monday we'll get an O12 trailer. It's a three minute trailer, just for a reveal. In comparison, Sonic got 45 seconds, WFT got a minute, Megaman got around a minute and 40 seconds, etc. Only Palutena (about 3 mins exactly) and Rosalina got near that, and they had longer animated scenes.

I can't see chorus men or shulk getting too long of a trailer. Chrom is the only one who could claim a long video, but since we have Ike and Marth, devoting a long trailer to another FE member seems pretty lame, unless he was crazy unique.

When they announced the new character trailer, did they mean just a new character to the series, or a vet not seen in the game yet?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I have doubts about Jiggs on Monday.
...Though I could imagine her appearing in a trailer with the Chorus Men, making it possible. Yet the idea is so good, it probably won't happen.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
That is such a good idea. If it does end up being Chorus Men, and she isn't in the trailer, I will more than likely sob.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That is such a good idea. If it does end up being Chorus Men, and she isn't in the trailer, I will more than likely sob.
If any character would be revealed alongside them, it's Wario. Puff and Chorus Kids aren't related in anyway. :[

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't played any Rhythm Heaven games, but wouldn't they have a common ground with music? If being old was a good enough excuse to put Game and Watch in with Pac-Man (kind of), then surely seeing the group sing together would be fine.

I would be ok with a Wario + Chorus Men reveal, though, I'd rather see Puff.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Correct me if I'm wrong, since I haven't played any Rhythm Heaven games, but wouldn't they have a common ground with music? If being old was a good enough excuse to put Game and Watch in with Pac-Man (kind of), then surely seeing the group sing together would be fine.

I would be ok with a Wario + Chorus Men reveal, though, I'd rather see Puff.
Yeah, but that's about it. Singing is the only thing they have in common, but they have never appeared in the same game previously. Game&Watch wasn't officially revealed either, I guess.

Rhythm Heaven and Warioware are sister franchises (think kinda like what Yoshi is to Mario). Plus both Wario and Chorus Kids appeared appeared in the same game. (Game&Wario) Makes a lot more sense to go with Wario for a dual reveal with them. If Puff has a dual reveal with anyone it's probably Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Yeah, but that's about it. Singing is the only thing they have in common, but they have never appeared in the same game previously. Game&Watch wasn't officially revealed either, I guess.

Rhythm Heaven and Warioware are sister franchises (think kinda like what Yoshi is to Mario). Plus both Wario and Chorus Kids appeared appeared in the same game. (Game&Wario) Makes a lot more sense to go with Wario for a dual reveal with them. If Puff has a dual reveal with anyone it's probably Mewtwo.
True, I just got the idea from the Chorus Men Thread, somebody suggested Jiggs singing in a concert, everyone falling asleep, and then Chorus Men stealing the show...something along those lines. It'd be pretty funny, like the Nintendo characters trying to pose in WFT's trailer.

atliens99

Smash Rookie
We already got charizard, pika, lucario, greninja, and mewtwo is pretty much certain. I can't really see how pokemon can get 6 reps with zelda having 5 and mario having 5 as well which are much more notable franchises. Jiggly was one of the last worked on in brawl, she just doesn't seem that important.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
We already got charizard, pika, lucario, greninja, and mewtwo is pretty much certain. I can't really see how pokemon can get 6 reps with zelda having 5 and mario having 5 as well which are much more notable franchises. Jiggly was one of the last worked on in brawl, she just doesn't seem that important.
Oh great. This again. *sigh*
Pokemon had 6 characters in Brawl. Pikachu, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Charizard. I don't see how they can't have it this time. Plus, Sakurai himself has said that Jigglypuff is very easy to implement. I don't see how that tiny bit of extra effort changes anything. She also has seniority on her side too, as well as not being a clone at all. Jigglypuff is in, like it or not.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Mewtwo was even less important since he was cut. :bomb:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
If any character would be revealed alongside them, it's Wario. Puff and Chorus Kids aren't related in anyway. :[
Puff and Chorus Kids are related in the sense that they both sing and a large percentage of the fanbase hates them.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say a large percentage of the fanbase hates Jigglypuff :p. I feel like it's more of a loud minority, while huge Puff supporters are also a loud minority. Honestly, I don't think regular smash fans care about her too much at all, in or out.

People also dislike her because they believe she takes up a slot that could be used for Mewtwo. Hopefully we'll see both of them in soon, and a lot of the animosity should go away (that or they'll move onto "Jigglypuff takes up a spot that could be used for Ridley!').

pokemonmaster39

Smash Rookie
I dont understand why people keep saying that Jiggs was almost cut off from Brawl? I think that Jiggs inclusion to Brawl was a yes or yes decision no matter what because even though Sonic's inclusion messed up the final characters, but Pokemon wouldnt be left with only 3 character slots. So yes Jigglypuff was rushed in and but like I said Zelda wouldnt be down 1 rep and neither would be Pokemon and Starfox

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say a large percentage of the fanbase hates Jigglypuff :p. I feel like it's more of a loud minority, while huge Puff supporters are also a loud minority. Honestly, I don't think regular smash fans care about her too much at all, in or out.

People also dislike her because they believe she takes up a slot that could be used for Mewtwo. Hopefully we'll see both of them in soon, and a lot of the animosity should go away (that or they'll move onto "Jigglypuff takes up a spot that could be used for Ridley!').

More likely Sceptile at this point. I think the reason she's not liked well is because she has a similar appearance to kirby. I mean some people get technicle about it but usually where there's jigglypuff hate at some point you're gonna hear "and we already have a pink puffball to play as"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only way I'm going to accept a Chorus Men trailer tomorrow is if Jigglypuff is in it in a fashion similar to G&W in Pac's trailer.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
maybe jiggs will get a whole new moveset
and also i want bandana dee PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES sakurai

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Ten O12 down, two more to go :). Before Robin was revealed defending Lucina, I really thought it was going to be Ness and Jiggly, to finish revealing the originals. I'm accepting that we'll only see her after the game is released, unless there is a legitimate leak.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ten O12 down, two more to go :). Before Robin was revealed defending Lucina, I really thought it was going to be Ness and Jiggly, to finish revealing the originals. I'm accepting that we'll only see her after the game is released, unless there is a legitimate leak.
They are definitely taking their time revealing veterans. G&W isn't even 100%, he was only teased in Pac-Man's reveal. I can expect to see all Melee&64 characters that were in Brawl coming back (along with Mewtwo). The only cuts I'm still realistically seeing are Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas, and Snake. In a perfect world, they might even come back, as we know how Sakurai feels about cutting characters. However, I hold my doubts too. I know full well that anything can happen. :scared:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
My dreams have been trolling me with Jigglypuff's reveal, last night I dreamed that Jigglypuff was revealed and I was so happy then I woke up and was so angry cuz it was all a dream, then I went on my computer and went to the Smash site and Jigglypuff was there already revealed but I woke up again and realized I was dreaming again, twice in a row, it was like a dream within a dream.
My dreams are teasing me

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
My dreams have been trolling me with Jigglypuff's reveal, last night I dreamed that Jigglypuff was revealed and I was so happy then I woke up and was so angry cuz it was all a dream, then I went on my computer and went to the Smash site and Jigglypuff was there already revealed but I woke up again and realized I was dreaming again, twice in a row, it was like a dream within a dream.
My dreams are teasing me
SAME HERE!!!! It has to be a sign. This has happened three times with me!! Jigglypuff is trolling with our minds. . . . or maybe it's just because I want her so badly :D

Oh Jigglypuff. . . please be revealed soon! :D

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
I actually had a dream about Smash too, that the game was released and I was trying to unlock Jigglypuff and Robin. This can't be a coincidence :p.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
My dreams are teasing me
Sakurai's trolling has even entered into the world of dreams. It's a phenomenon known as Smashception.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Jigglypuff confirmed to learn Dream Eater. Sakurai is leading your dream misfortunes for some good buffs for her in SSB4. . .owell:urg:.

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Our dreams are buffing Jigglypuff for Smash 4? Then I'm not even mad :).

What do you guys think about the CoroCoro reveal next month? I guess they said something similar in Brawl, and there were still hidden characters that they didn't reveal? If Jiggs isn't shown in the magazine, but we see a ton of other vets, including Ness, I'll probably start worrying. If she does end up getting revealed, it's going to be such a party.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Our dreams are buffing Jigglypuff for Smash 4? Then I'm not even mad :).

What do you guys think about the CoroCoro reveal next month? I guess they said something similar in Brawl, and there were still hidden characters that they didn't reveal? If Jiggs isn't shown in the magazine, but we see a ton of other vets, including Ness, I'll probably start worrying. If she does end up getting revealed, it's going to be such a party.
I guess Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness all at once was unrealistic. I'm sure Ness and Jigglypuff reveal together can be done though. It is nerve-wracking however that CF was revealed and not the other two. Ness and Jigglypuff apparently have been considered for cuts before, that makes me worried.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I guess Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness all at once was unrealistic. I'm sure Ness and Jigglypuff reveal together can be done though. It is nerve-wracking however that CF was revealed and not the other two. Ness and Jigglypuff apparently have been considered for cuts before, that makes me worried.
Exactly!!! I know how everyone always says "Don't worry! Jigglypuff is an O12! This means she will be in and can't be cut!", but really I still get worried.

I love Jigglypuff with all my heart. When I first saw her in smash N64 I cried because I couldn't believe my favorite pokemon, and video game character, of all time was playable in a fighting game! It was such a memorable moment for me :) I just hope that Sakurai, even though he can be so unpredictable (I'm lookin at you :4wiifit:) put Jigglypuff back in. She deserves it and deserves to be put back in top tier, Haha :)

As for how she can be revealed. . . I feel like it may have something involved with Chorus men, if they truly are in the game! I think Sakurai may implement her anime characteristics even more in this game, hopefully :D

:039::039::039::039::039::039::039: :039::039::039::040::039: :039::039::039: :039::039::039: :039::039::039:

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
At this point, I wouldn't mind her not getting a trailer/being in one. Sakurai could just be like "Oh, by the way, Jigglypuff is back. Again.", and I would be so satisfied.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
This might have been mentioned before, but what if, since Jiggly now is a Fairy Type in the Pokemon games, she had Dazzling Gleam as a side special? I never liked her Side Special, as I only find myself using it sometimes for recovery. It would also promote Jiggly with a projectile attack, making her more useful AND cooler. That's my thought on it, at least :)
Honestly, I would like it to replace her neutral B. It could charge like other projectiles, an if charged all the way, it is moonblast. Moonblast would be similar to lucario's massive aura sphere in project M. It would be great for spacing, and you can trap them with the wall of pain.

AldoPKMaster

Smash Rookie
Have you guys seen on Youtube the videos where Jigglypuff's voice is being used to troll people on xbox live? Its pretty hilarious and its making Jiggly very popular on Xbox live XD

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Have you guys seen on Youtube the videos where Jigglypuff's voice is being used to troll people on xbox live? Its pretty hilarious and its making Jiggly very popular on Xbox live XD
Sounds like she's got a good chance at a spot in Microsoft All-Stars Smash Royale.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Welcome to Smash Boards, PKMaster :). I have seen the videos, and while very funny, they don't portray Jiggly in a very good light :p.

Top Bottom