• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't want any moveset changes. I like her plain playstyle. She doesn't need to be over-saturated with all sorts of fariy doo-dads and stuff.

I hope she shows up in one of those SICK TRAILERS. Seriously, every one of these Sm4sh trailers has been really amazing, and to see Jiggs left out of any of that would kind of suck.

It doesn't seem likely though since she was absent from the Greninja trailer.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I don't want any moveset changes. I like her plain playstyle. She doesn't need to be over-saturated with all sorts of fariy doo-dads and stuff.

I hope she shows up in one of those SICK TRAILERS. Seriously, every one of these Sm4sh trailers has been really amazing, and to see Jiggs left out of any of that would kind of suck.

It doesn't seem likely though since she was absent from the Greninja trailer.
That's true, I do love her play style she has now. Maybe in her smash attacks they can incorporate fairy attributes, without really changing how she plays, and the fact that customization of moves being a thing may mean we can have both fairy Jigglypuff and original. I also would prefer her and Ness (last two 64 vets) to be in a trailer, maybe the both of them in a Mewtwo trailer, but not getting a trailer and being a secret character is better than nothing.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At most I think the Fairy-type can easily just be represented by one special attack and that's it, maybe her Final Smash too, no need to overdo it, her moveset is absolutely fine as is.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
At most I think the Fairy-type can easily just be represented by one special attack and that's it, maybe her Final Smash too, no need to overdo it, her moveset is absolutely fine as is.
I'd say not even a special attack. All of her current specials are solid (except sing but that's iconic.)

It'd probably be best just to give her a little sparkle on some of her attacks if anything at all. I meanl Fairy type really is just a new classification of an old Pokemon. It's not like she gained an ability canonically (besides like one move,) she's just now classified as a fairy type.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'd say not even a special attack. All of her current specials are solid (except sing but that's iconic.)

It'd probably be best just to give her a little sparkle on some of her attacks if anything at all. I meanl Fairy type really is just a new classification of an old Pokemon. It's not like she gained an ability canonically (besides like one move,) she's just now classified as a fairy type.
Not even as a FInal Smash? Puff Up doesn't represent her well at all (she's a balloon, I get that, but why not Dazzling Gleam as a better Final Smash).

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Her final smash needs to be changed. Two options I can see, Peach getting a new final smash and Jigglypuff putting everyone to sleep instead, and instead of Sing she could get a new move, otherwise Dazzling Gleam, like stated above. Puff Up is kind of lame, especially on large stages.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I still think she needs a vertical recovery option:ohwell:. Bandai Namco helping balance the characters out with equal options sounds amazing & would make Jigglypuff go from being a 'lethal joke character' to a 'balanced lethal character' keeping her charm & fairy representation with her move-set.

Now that I got my priorities out the way her FS can come second to me. Puff up can stay, or go for a replacement Final Smash I won't mind either or.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I still think she needs a vertical recovery option:ohwell:. Bandai Namco helping balance the characters out with equal options sounds amazing & would make Jigglypuff go from being a 'lethal joke character' to a 'balanced lethal character' keeping her charm & fairy representation with her move-set.

Now that I got my priorities out the way her FS can come second to me. Puff up can stay, or go for a replacement Final Smash I won't mind either or.
For recovery, she could use Fairy Wind and push herself upwards?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
For recovery, she could use Fairy Wind and push herself upwards?
I feel dirty for just saying, "I'll agree to any idea as long at it gives her a vertical reach", but It's true I'd be down for that. If for a balloon Pkmn recovery idea to keep it 'original' I would want Jigglypuff to gather in air each time she used a jump, & depending on how much air you gathered for the number of times you jumped, your UpB would be your exhaling all of that air shooting up & controllable trajectory. An example reference would be Jigglypuff's down taunt in Brawl when she flattens & floats down.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I feel dirty for just saying, "I'll agree to any idea as long at it gives her a vertical reach", but It's true I'd be down for that. If for a balloon Pkmn recovery idea to keep it 'original' I would want Jigglypuff to gather in air each time she used a jump, & depending on how much air you gathered for the number of times you jumped, your UpB would be your exhaling all of that air shooting up & controllable trajectory. An example reference would be Jigglypuff's down taunt in Brawl when she flattens & floats down.
Oh wow, that's a really good idea. <insert shameless self promotion here> And then when she uses Fairy Wind (going back to what I said) she lets out all the air she built up downwards as a downwards damaging attack. It might work like:

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Oh wow, that's a really good idea. <insert shameless self promotion here> And then when she uses Fairy Wind (going back to what I said) she lets out all the air she built up downwards as a downwards damaging attack. It might work like:
If OoSJCUpB aka Out of Shield Jump Canceled UpB Fairy Wind was a thing considering if OoSJCUpB is still a thing like it was in Brawl that was a very strong option especially when OoS Robin & Jiggs would have nice/safe UpB options on the ground:shades:.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
If OoSJCUpB aka Out of Shield Jump Canceled UpB Fairy Wind was a thing considering if OoSJCUpB is still a thing like it was in Brawl that was a very strong option especially when OoS Robin & Jiggs would have nice/safe UpB options on the ground:shades:.
It seems so overpowered now. And I love it. :shades:

Maybe people will start giving Jiggs the respect she deserves.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It seems so overpowered now. And I love it. :shades:

Maybe people will start giving Jiggs the respect she deserves.
You know what else seems overpowered? A damaging hit-box taunt:shades:. If Jigglypuff got one thanks to the whole Bandai Namco Sakurai balancing thing, she'd have the ability to dis-respect an opponent to the MAX, let's hope she gets a microphone sharpie taunt exclusive for when she's nearby a sleeping opponent. Either that stays on their dumb face or it's a damaging move somehow but I would love it & notice Jiggly even more so that ever before.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
You know what else seems overpowered? A damaging hit-box taunt:shades:. If Jigglypuff got one thanks to the whole Bandai Namco Sakurai balancing thing, she'd have the ability to dis-respect an opponent to the MAX, let's hope she gets a microphone sharpie taunt exclusive for when she's nearby a sleeping opponent. Either that stays on their dumb face or it's a damaging move somehow but I would love it & notice Jiggly even more so that ever before.
I can imagine it being like where you draw on a Mii's face in Tomodachi Life. Like it'd go away after walking around a bit.

I couldn't find a good video of it so you'll just have to pretend there's one here and I hope you know what I'm referencing.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I can imagine it being like where you draw on a Mii's face in Tomodachi Life. Like it'd go away after walking around a bit.

I couldn't find a good video of it so you'll just have to pretend there's one here and I hope you know what I'm referencing.
I can imagine decently no worries. But mmm this needs to be a thing for her to have. I'm pretty much out of ideas, so I might retreat from her thread. . .:tired:.

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of Play Rough being her final smash more so than Dazzling Gleam. It could easily work similar to how Marth's final smash works.

The Play Rough animation from X and Y would play after activating the attack, and she'd charge in a straight horizontal line and if she connects with anybody the sound effects from in game would activate and the move could deal around 50% or so.

I just feel that'd suit her better than Dazzling Gleam. That's just subjective however.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Not even as a FInal Smash? Puff Up doesn't represent her well at all (she's a balloon, I get that, but why not Dazzling Gleam as a better Final Smash).
Yeah she needs a new FS and I think everyone can agree on that.

I still kinda like Puff Up though. It wasn't as useless as everyone said it was.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
As for her regular moves, they should add a pink sparkling effect and maybe give some of them a bit more
damage. Also we need the old rest back.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Puff Up could be changed. I wouldn't mind if it went. Of course, customization could mean it and another Final Smash. Puff up is useful though, even on large stages. On those ones, I like to trap people on the edge of large stages. It's satisfying for some reason to see Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Pit, Charizard, or other Jigglypuff to attempt to fly over the expanding Jigglypuff to no avail. :grin::evil:

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Puff Up could be changed. I wouldn't mind if it went. Of course, customization could mean it and another Final Smash. Puff up is useful though, even on large stages. On those ones, I like to trap people on the edge of large stages. It's satisfying for some reason to see Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede, Pit, Charizard, or other Jigglypuff to attempt to fly over the expanding Jigglypuff to no avail. :grin::evil:
I don't think you can customize Final Smashes. It'd be nice, though.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I like the idea of Play Rough being her final smash more so than Dazzling Gleam. It could easily work similar to how Marth's final smash works.

The Play Rough animation from X and Y would play after activating the attack, and she'd charge in a straight horizontal line and if she connects with anybody the sound effects from in game would activate and the move could deal around 50% or so.

I just feel that'd suit her better than Dazzling Gleam. That's just subjective however.
I can see Play Rough replacing Pound (Side-B), but still doing the same thing with a different name. It'd look sort of like this:

(Yes, I know that's Giga Impact and not Play Rough)
Just less powerful looking. I see Dazzling Gleam working sort of like Rosalina's final smash, but the beams break when they hit the ground. These are just my opinions, though. Yours are great too.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
^ pound is a signature move of hers. I'd be a little disappointed if it were gone.

I think the best way to help out jigglypuffs sing and rest moves are to make her able to inflate and the longer she inflates the more powerful these attacks get. (Rest powerful, sing with a longer sleeping period or a wider range) kind of how u can charge up mewtwos psychic attack or samus' gun attack (excuse me for not knowing the names)

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
^ pound is a signature move of hers. I'd be a little disappointed if it were gone.

I think the best way to help out jigglypuffs sing and rest moves are to make her able to inflate and the longer she inflates the more powerful these attacks get. (Rest powerful, sing with a longer sleeping period or a wider range) kind of how u can charge up mewtwos psychic attack or samus' gun attack (excuse me for not knowing the names)
Nice that kinda ties in with this idea i threw out there (idk if it was said before I didn't read 20+ pages):
If for a balloon Pkmn recovery idea to keep it 'original' I would want Jigglypuff to gather in air each time she used a jump, & depending on how much air you gathered for the number of times you jumped, your UpB would be your exhaling all of that air shooting up & controllable trajectory. An example reference would be Jigglypuff's down taunt in Brawl when she flattens & floats down.
So basically she can get a new charge-able mechanic involving wind essentially. That'd be cool to see on Purin considering she is an inflatable balloon pokemon. Also Mewtwo's charge move is Shadow Ball & Samus's is called Charge Shot.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Aw, Jigglypuff apparently only learns 5 fairy type moves. Those being:
Disarming Voice
Dazzling Gleam
Misty Terrain
Charm
Sweet Kiss.​
I mean, I know it didn't learn many, but I did think it learned Fairy Wind at least... Oh well.
:040: however, can learn Play Rough. I wouldn't mind Misty Terrain being Jigglypuff's Final Smash. The effects of it according to Bulbapedia are:
Misty Terrain creates terrain that prevents Non-volatile status conditions and halves the damage taken from Dragon-type moves by Pokémon on the ground. The terrain fades after five turns.
So maybe it can reduce the damage Jigglypuff takes from certain attackers, and possibly powers up her moves, all at the cost of sing failing to put others to sleep. It would even give the stage a makeover! It's a stretch, but I'm just brainstorming. Who uses sing to often anyways. :laugh:

Here's a pic. Thanks Serebii!

Last edited:

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
I'm really surprised how many people are indifferent to Jiggs being cut or changing her moveset. To me, Jiggs has always been the most unique character in the game (and I don't even player as her!). She plays totally different from anyone else on the roster. Getting rid of that is not an option, and I'm sure she will be included on the roster.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm really surprised how many people are indifferent to Jiggs being cut or changing her moveset. To me, Jiggs has always been the most unique character in the game (and I don't even player as her!). She plays totally different from anyone else on the roster. Getting rid of that is not an option, and I'm sure she will be included on the roster.
Well I don't wanna sound lame bringing up old pasts but :jigglypuff64: was a semi-clone of :kirby64: back in 64. :jigglypuff64: inhaled by :kirby64: & copying her Neutral B made them visually identical & they recovered the same exact way. But I won't call 'them out just because of some old dirt history, this is the present as in NOW damnit!

I'm still a bit worried for her getting in but I think she'll make it in the end. Hopefully.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong she is definitely unique now and she's most definitely in the game but her specials could be vastly improved and they could easily add in some sparkly pink effects onto attacks to go with the fairy change.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I'm not really worried about her getting in. I just want her to be decent. I would almost prefer her being cut than being atrocious.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Well I don't wanna sound lame bringing up old pasts but :jigglypuff64: was a semi-clone of :kirby64: back in 64. :jigglypuff64: inhaled by :kirby64: & copying her Neutral B made them visually identical & they recovered the same exact way. But I won't call 'them out just because of some old dirt history, this is the present as in NOW damnit!

I'm still a bit worried for her getting in but I think she'll make it in the end. Hopefully.
Fun fact: They still share similar animations for their tilt attacks, f-smash, d-smash, back throw and d-air.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I don't play Jiggs at all but I still really want her to come back. It would just seem odd to not have a Smash with her. She's on my list of eight veterans that I really want to come back. Those eight being Ness, Jiggs, Falco, Ganondrof, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Merta Knight, and Wario. If those eight return, I'll have all the veterans I need.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I don't play Jiggs at all but I still really want her to come back. It would just seem odd to not have a Smash with her. She's on my list of eight veterans that I really want to come back. Those eight being Ness, Jiggs, Falco, Ganondrof, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, Merta Knight, and Wario. If those eight return, I'll have all the veterans I need.
Indeed, also welcome to SmashBoards @ GalacticPetey GalacticPetey :shades:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Wat

the rest of them are similar, though
They both spin:troll:
But yeah they practically share similar movements with more than just the earlier examples, but they have different start-ups & on-hit animations to differ between each other.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
welp. Mario and Captain Falcon are clones.
Apologies for this post not answering or replying towards your post. . .

So idk if anyone else is having this porblem but recently when I try to reply to other users on this Jigglypuff thread the Rich Text Editor is flashing uncontrollably. My health is okay for the most part but it's highly annoying & i can't post properly. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: It always has to do with images in replies.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
What does everyone think about her move customisation options?

Personally I can see a few ideas:

Up-B:
Sing (sleep)
Hyper Voice (no-flinch area damage like heavenly light)
Disarming Voice (no damage radial push back)

Down-B:
Rest (normal killing move)
Recovery Rest (heals while asleep [personally wish this was her standard])

Side-B:
Pound
Wake-Up Slap (a killing move if the target is asleep)

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354

Up-B:
Sing (sleep)
Hyper Voice (no-flinch area damage like heavenly light)
Disarming Voice (no damage radial push back)

Down-B:
Recovery Rest (heals while asleep [personally wish this was her standard])

Side-B:
Pound
Wake-Up Slap (a killing move if the target is asleep)
One I thought of for UpB is Yawn. The sleep effect would be delayed, which would have its own advantages and disadvantages.

Maybe Snore for DownB, creating shockwaves during the sleep period, though I'm not sure how well that would work.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Up-B:
Sing (sleep)
Hyper Voice (no-flinch area damage like heavenly light) I like it, we need more moves like these to heighten the flavor of Smash
Disarming Voice (no damage radial push back) YES! I saw someone post something about Mewtwo's customized move being Psychic that pushes foes back in the same sense so yes I agree to this too.
Joke: Her voice disarms weapon users putting them in a daze. Wish you didn't pick that sword character NOW did ya?

Down-B:
Recovery Rest (heals while asleep [personally wish this was her standard]) Yes this needs to happen, either customized or as her regular using Rest

Side-B:
Pound
Wake-Up Slap (a killing move if the target is asleep) *likes*
DoubleSlap (multi-hit pound basically but reduced knock-back on eact hit, Idk i'm tired of Jiggly having just one or two multi-hit moves i.e. D-air)
One I thought of for UpB is Yawn. The sleep effect would be delayed, which would have its own advantages and disadvantages.
Maybe Snore for DownB, creating shockwaves during the sleep period, though I'm not sure how well that would work.
Nice yeah I like more sleeping status moves, it's pretty much what Jigglypuff is known for by many. If ledge-snapping Rest still exists in SSB4 then a delayed ledge-drop double jump UpB Yawn will probably land a sleeping wave hit-box right as you ledge-snap making it a perfect chance to punish with something. Snore is good too nice!:shades:

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
What if Sing got totally reworked as her final smash, making it like Peach's in Brawl, but also adding damage/a flower over everyones head? If that were to happen, what could you guys see replacing Sing? It's unlikely, but I think it could be an interesting change :p.

Edit: Happy 1000 posts :)!

Last edited:
Top Bottom