• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
There's no war in my head, as I have both of them on my roster.

I wasn't really referencing this thread or the Mewtwo thread, rather other communities like GameFAQS and such with vastly differing opinions. Smashboards, at least a lot of the time, can agree on a lot of things.

Like Pokemon deserving six characters.
oh i see. my bad

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Assuming Jiggly gets in, what could Amiibo do for her popularity? Getting the Smash treatment is the only thing keeping Jiggly semi relevant (though being in promotional stuff for Art Academy is a good sign), and the added exposure could bring back a small part of her old fan base.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sup U.confirmed Jiggz thread, I don't got much to share for the table however I do have some Ideas to buff her for compensation. I just finished playing Brawl Minus (hit-lag /hit-stun for DAYYYYYYS) & Jigglypuff's altered move-set was interesting & opened my eyes to what they could of done to some of her moves this entire time without needing to buff that much:

Up-B = Sing
@ Louie G. Louie G. 's got this on lockdown. Jigglypuffs horizontal recovery is gdlk & doesn't really need recovery buffs except maybe a little boost of vertical height similar to Ivysaur's UpB Tether airborne or even Brawl Yoshi's UpB. Either the singing wave-box bigger or make the sleep-stun scaling time longer the more % the foe has. Ledge-drop to double jump Sing cancel re-grab is common & should be respected so in that sense I would buff the wave-box of Sing used in this case.

Down-B = Rest
Rest is an all-or-nothing move & is quite the disappointment if poorly timed missing your target. So an easy & simple buff right here would be healing your percent...it's so simple & yet would compensate Rest so much for if it's knock-back scaling didn't increase from it's Brawl counterpart. When using a move & not rewarded at all it just made Jiggz avoid this move in Brawl entirely thanks to SDI & lack of combos to Dair drill > Rest. I don't think we'll see 30% KO Rests anymore but a simple healing of % just from using it compensates Jiggz SOME, give 'er take heal for 10 - 20% will do just fine don't you agree?
Edit: It's freaking Rest, a Pkmn move in games that heals.:ohwell:

& F-tilt = Pathetic?
No offense to the title's name but....Jiggz Brawl F-tilt was......useless imo...I watched a 3 min video showing Jiggz hit-boxes of her move-set & saw F-tilt & felt sorry for Brawl Jiggz at that moment... Either change this move entirely & replace it with an element Jiggz could utilize whether it be Fairy-based move-set or her voice...or seriously buff the move's hit-box range or something.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Manzeln said:
Getting the Smash treatment is the only thing keeping Jiggly semi relevant (though being in promotional stuff for Art Academy is a good sign), and the added exposure could bring back a small part of her old fan base.

Are we forgetting that :jigglypuffmelee: is Fairy Type now?

Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
^and during promotion of the new fairy type she was mentioned a lot more than other fairy type pokemon (except sylveon). She was mentioned/pictured more than even Clefairy.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I hope Jigglypuff get Disarming voice in his moveset

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
That's very true, but how much did it improve her fanbase? I would like to see her so much more, so here's hoping Amiibo continues to raise her popularity, especially among younger players.

Can we all just take a moment to think about how beautiful a trailer with all the O12 would be?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm hoping for a Final Smash that will promote fairy type. Maybe Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast. This looks like GF/Nintendo's one chance to promote fairy type in a playable character. I'm thinking we should get a huge moveset overhaul in :jigglypuffmelee:, especially now that it's got more potential.

ManzeIn said:
Can we all just take a moment to think about how beautiful a trailer with all the O12 would be
So much fan-service. It'd be awesome! :love:
:mariomelee::younglinkmelee::kirbymelee::pikachumelee::samusmelee::dkmelee::yoshimelee::foxmelee::luigimelee::jigglypuffmelee::falconmelee::nessmelee:

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
@ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee she doesn't learn that moves, maybe her final smash don't change

Okay, so she doesn't learn Moonblast, but it's still the most powerful Fairy move in the games (if I remember correctly).

It's not like Sakurai hasn't improvised Pokemon moves in the past. Either way, she still gets
Dazzling Gleam, and that's what I hope her FInal Smash to be. A huge, screen-clearing Dazzling Gleam.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811

Okay, so she doesn't learn Moonblast, but it's still the most powerful Fairy move in the games (if I remember correctly).

It's not like Sakurai hasn't improvised Pokemon moves in the past. Either way, she still gets
Dazzling Gleam, and that's what I hope her FInal Smash to be. A huge, screen-clearing Dazzling Gleam.
That should happen, i don't like her brawl final smash anyway so i hope that change

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Yeah, I was never huge on the Jigglypuff becoming huge thing. The only reason I liked it was for the glitches you could do on stages like Bridge of Eldin.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Why not give Jigglypuff Moonblast? Smash's game designing has never really stayed true to the Pkmn hand-held / 3D games anyways. If Smash / Sakurai developed Pkmn characters like Charizard having only their learnt / tutored / TM list Charizard wouldn't of had Rock Smash as a side special in Brawl & as his down special in Sm4sh.

Point is Jigglypuff could definitely use a huge overhaul on her move-set as @ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee said, Moonblast would be no problem to see:shades:

Edit: Lucario's FS was Aura Storm, that's not even an existing Pkmn move. I say go all out with Fairy representation & give Jigglypuff a huge improvement & maybe give her as well as the other Pkmn Type Effectiveness / Elemental Weaknesses as a pkmn mechanic trait. Only exclusive during Pkmn vs Pkmn matchups.

Double Edit: The possibilities are endless. All of these moves could be potential attack move ideas for jab / tilt / smash / dash attack / throws / specials etc..http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/fairy.shtml

Triple Edit: Welcome to Smashboards @ BlueBubbee BlueBubbee :shades:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I love Puff's final smash. She's supposed to be a balloon, so inflating like that makes sense.

It's the same reason why she dies if her shield breaks; it's as if she "popped" herself.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I love Puff's final smash. She's supposed to be a balloon, so inflating like that makes sense.

It's the same reason why she dies if her shield breaks; it's as if she "popped" herself.
Barely remembering that for myself & almost forgetting you remind me of the good times of breaking scream shields:shades:.
Can Jigglypuff really inflate to that massive size though? The only thing I think of Jigglypuff inflating is when she got mad from sleeping bags on the ground after her song, which was maybe twice her normal spherical size.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Barely remembering that for myself & almost forgetting you remind me of the good times of breaking scream shields:shades:.
Can Jigglypuff really inflate to that massive size though? The only thing I think of Jigglypuff inflating is when she got mad from sleeping bags on the ground after her song, which was maybe twice her normal spherical size.
Nah, nothing like that, but I still like it. It's comical and ridiculous, so it fits her just fine imo.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
For Brawl Jiggz it did fit her quite well. Inflating at a massive size & singing? Huuuuuuge sleep-stun that guarantees the huge knock-back slide for lols kills (?)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If Jigglypuff does return, then I'd like to see Dazzling Gleam as part of her move set, get rid of either Rollout or Rest, personally Rollout, that's that stupid thing Whitney's Miltank did.

Here's one how about replacing Sing with Disarming Voice, its the same thing except it does damage, looks cooler and I don't see any reason why not keep the sleep effect.

They could just scrap Rest and have that be Disarming Voice, I'd like to see maybe a third jump added.

My idea for 3rd jump is puffed up, like how Blue's Jiggly does in the Manga when she floats away.

Her final smash should be Moon Blast, btw Pikachu can't learn headbutt, puffed up isn't even a move, and neither is Lucario's Aura Storm, the rules of Pokémon games don't apply to Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who wants to see Jigglypuff's Amiibo being Jigglypuff singing into a marker?
This would make my life complete! It would bring back so much Nostalgia and could possibly represent Jigglypuff's whole personality from the anime!

As for the moves, there is an endless amount of possibilities for Jiggs potential moveset! Like we all know, Sakurai doesn't always stick to a pokemon's true moveset! Since Jigglypuff is now a fairy type, it would be cool to see any fairy move be represented in her moveset or Final Smash! I just hope that whatever Sakurai decides, it brings Jigglypuff a new glory and credibility as a great potential fighter! :039:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
As for the moves, there is an endless amount of possibilities for Jiggs potential moveset! Like we all know, Sakurai doesn't always stick to a pokemon's true moveset! Since Jigglypuff is now a fairy type, it would be cool to see any fairy move be represented in her moveset or Final Smash! I just hope that whatever Sakurai decides, it brings Jigglypuff a new glory and credibility as a great potential fighter! :039:
Just look at everything he has to work with: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/039.shtml

I have no doubt that Jigglypuff will have a much better and improved moveset in this game!

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff has a great moveset as is. I personally don't see the need to change her moveset and center around Fairy type.

She has a unique and established moveset that will likely just be buffed and nerfed where necessary.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Jigglypuff has a great moveset as is. I personally don't see the need to change her moveset and center around Fairy type.

She has a unique and established moveset that will likely just be buffed and nerfed where necessary.
You don't think that they'll promote fairy type at all? Not even with custom specials? This is their only chance (as far as we know).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You don't think that they'll promote fairy type at all? Not even with custom specials? This is their only chance (as far as we know).
I think they will promote Fairy Type, but only by changing Jigglypuff's Final Smash. I would prefer if both Jigglypuff's :GCU::GCB: and Final Smash were changed to reflect her Fairy Typing.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
For any changes regarding her moveset, I would like to see Rollout changed. Sing needs to be buffed, not removed, as it's kind of Jigglypuff's trademark. Maybe they could use Disarming Voice as her new charge move, the longer you hold it the stronger it becomes. Maybe a short sleep effect if it's fully charged?

Her final smash was... interesting, but I hope we see it promoting the Fairy type. Maybe she can summon some fairy types to fight, like Pits Brawl final smash :p. Imagine a Clefairy, Snubbul, Swirlix and Spritzee just running around the stage causing destruction. Good representation for a new type :).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Rollout is classic, man.

I must admit that Disarming Voice fits Jiggs very well. Maybe Side Smash? Jiggs charges it up and releases a little sound-wave in front of her.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Pound is useful for recovering, whereas Rollout is useful for getting you killed, sometimes :p. I won't be disappointed at all if they keep the same moveset on her, but replacing Pound with a chargeable Disarming Voice while also having the chargeable Rollout just seems like too much... charging.

Considering with Rest Jigglypuff has been a high risk high return character, that may not be a bad thing. The slower start up for moves would also match her speed in the games, so now that I'm thinking about it more, I could see it fitting perfectly :).

Edit: I'm sorry, I thought you meant Side B not side smash. Side Smash would work just as well haha.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Louie G. Louie G. Indeed Rollout is classic, I don't mind seeing it stay or go. It all depends on what Sakurai will do with the jiggz, overhaul something from her move-set like we've seen from the O12 so far in PotD including charizard as an example of gaining a RockSmash down-B. On the flip-side if Sakurai adds her last minute he'll most likely just keep everything the same about her, but she'd return nonetheless.

To any rest changes / remaining the same I still want it slightly buffed in compensation for missing. Healing % makes too much sense for the move.

We need some UpB buffing. I mean show her busting out the sharpie microphone while singing being a buff on its own.:troll:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hopefully her moves won't change TOO much, but maybe now that she's half fairy, her moves will have more reach, and she'll finally have a recovery
Jigglpuff has a great recovery.

@ Masonomace Masonomace
Rest could have a healing option in customization, but the default Rest should just be Melee's.

As for Sing, it should last like a quarter second more.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
@ Louie G. Louie G. On the flip-side if Sakurai adds her last minute he'll most likely just keep everything the same about her, but she'd return nonetheless.
I like to think that Sakurai programs the O12 first, but that's just me. I'm probably very wrong. :upsidedown:

EDIT: This editor is breaking for me but you get the point.

EDITEDIT: I fixed it :teeth:

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Jigglpuff has a great recovery.

@ Masonomace Masonomace
Rest could have a healing option in customization, but the default Rest should just be Melee's.

As for Sing, it should last like a quarter second more.
Don't you think sing should have a longer reach too? I mean i don't hate jiggly or anything, but you need to admit they could make some more improvements

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hopefully her moves won't change TOO much, but maybe now that she's half fairy, her moves will have more reach, and she'll finally have a recovery
Jump, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 2, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 3, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 4, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 5, Side B Diagonal-Up.
10 Jumps, right there.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Don't you think sing should have a longer reach too? I mean i don't hate jiggly or anything, but you need to admit they could make some more improvements
Jiggs is a high risk high reward kind of character.

Sing can be very effective if it hits (in Melee at least), however if it doesn't you are vulnerable until it ends.
Rest is the same (in Melee at least). It's a part of Jigglypuff's playstyle.

Making Sing a longer reach attack could buff Jiggs a little too much. I would personally prefer Sing to keep its reach, but cause a sleep effect just slightly longer than it does in Brawl.

As for recovery options, Jigglypuff's multiple jumps and Pound makes it so that a proper recovery isn't needed.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Jump, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 2, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 3, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 4, Side B Diagonal-Up, Jump 5, Side B Diagonal-Up.
10 Jumps, right there.
ok megaman, so what you're saying is that jiggly puff has an amazing recovery and you would gladly pick jiggly puffs recovery over.... Kirby? Or... Pikachu ?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
10 Jumps, right there.
I was gonna bring this up but remember that Sakurai & Bandai-Namco are giving almost every single character a Meteor Smash if not a strong-knock-down Spike, balancing all the characters with giving them a MS option. Jigglypuff like other amazing horizontal recovering charcters feared MS'es / Spikes for a heavy reason. Not to mention Footstooling returning or not.

To any other comments about Jigglypuff not need any vertical recovery I'd reconsider. Good Players in Brawl would just footstool Jiggz the moment they spike / MS her. Jiggz off-stage is dangerous in her favor but her recovering from low is basically a lost cause. She needs some kind of vertical option (think about Greninja's UpB in Sm4sh demo), & no diagonal pounds is not enough regardless of the amount, It was amazingly innovative Smash64 but this is the 4th installment guys.:shades:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
ok River (I fixed that, your welcome.), so what you're saying is that jiggly puff has an amazing recovery and you would gladly pick jiggly puffs recovery over.... Kirby? Or... Pikachu ?
I'm just saying that Jigglypuff has basically 10 Jumps.

I was gonna bring this up but remember that Sakurai & Bandai-Namco is giving almost every single character a Meteor Smash if not a strong-knock-down Spike, balancing all the characters with giving them a MS option. Jigglypuff like other amazing horizontal recovering charcters feared MS'es / Spikes for a heavy reason. Not to mention Footstooling returning or not.
Could just use 2-4 of the many jumps you have to stray away from the edge (like how I play SSF2 Mega Man's Up B) so you can get higher without the risk of getting smashed down.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Could just use 2-4 of the many jumps you have to stray away from the edge (like how I play SSF2 Mega Man's Up B) so you can get higher without the risk of getting smashed down.
Truly true but Bandai-Namco helping balancing the game she'll most likely have a reliable new UpB for vertical recovery. I could care less how it's implemented through a performing stage suddenly appearing in thin air underneath her rising her up for her to sing matching the old personality we all have of jiggz.

The important topic is however Jigglypuff has to work harder than most just to recover back from below. She doesn't have MK tier Specials recovery & her jumps always get compared to Kirby, him still having better recovery than her. She needs a change. If her falling speed was even lighter I'd almost be content because that boosts her airtime in conjunction to vertical recovery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom