• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I think Jigglypuff would benefit if Sing became her screen-covering Final Smash while she got a real Up-B instead, like Play Rough, which could function as an offensively powerful finisher for aerial combos. This makes more sense than trying to make Sing balanced (which has yet to happen) and could improve her while showcasing her Fairy typing.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I think Jigglypuff would benefit if Sing became her screen-covering Final Smash while she got a real Up-B instead, like Play Rough, which could function as an offensively powerful finisher for aerial combos. This makes more sense than trying to make Sing balanced (which has yet to happen) and could improve her while showcasing her Fairy typing.
Hm. That's a pretty good point that I never thought about. It's unfortunate because yes, you can't have both sing and rest effective if you want anything less than God tier. Just imagine a Brawl- size and strength sing with a Melee style rest :troll:. Sing is Jigglypuff's staple move, so I'm sure that will never go away. Turning it into a final smash is a great way to keep it, even though it's like Peach's final smash and her's sucks. Also if Peach's final smash is the same, I doubt we'd see a sing final smash.

Granted, I really enjoy Jigglypuff's final smash because it always ends with hilarious fights with my friends trying to throw each other into the massive Jigglypuff. But I'd be totally on board for a sing final smash to remove sing from her moveset. I also wouldn't be against Jiggs summoning landmaster.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking she could have double slap as an alternative to pound, she hits twice with faster but weaker strikes, I know that's the opposite of Pokemon games but heck, Rest doesn't have that effect in Pokemon games either so w/e

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. I'm pretty fond of pound. In Melee it clashes or beats nearly anything, and the rising pound gives her nearly infinite horizontal recover plus significantly more vertical recovery.

I've always considered her jabs to be double slap, since it's a one-two punch/smack thing. And speaking of which, I hope she gets better jabs and tilts. If her second jab popped the opponent up into the air slightly for some comboing, that would be cool.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If someone can't recover with Jigglypuff they really have to work on recovery.

Jigglypuff has like what, six jumps? She hardly needs a "real Up-B".

Jumps and Pound can help you recover from a Final Destination away.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

5 Jumps + Pound yeah, that's plenty enough. The Melee air dodge also helps, though of course we don't have that here.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice

I don't think too many people want a real up special for recovery purposes. I just don't like the fact that she has a special taking up a slot that you should never use under any condition. And it's her signature move, too.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think sing could be handled differently.

If it inflates to sing a lullaby, it can perform longer and cause sure drowsiness in its audience.
-Pokemon Stadium 2

She should be able to inflate (which would take a few extra seconds) and the bigger she inflates the more powerful Sing attack is. Which could either put enemies to sleep longer or make her sing attack wider to put enemies not as close to sleep. I have a great idea here, it just needs tuned up..

I also read a good idea on here about when she sings music notes would come out of her mouth and if it hits an enemy maybe they sleep longer. Either way it needs to be a little different from Brawl.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
A lot of people have been saying that Smash DI wasn't present in the demo, so if Smash DI is still gone by the final build, this could be good for Jigglypuff. If she well say, has her drill to rest combo from Brawl back, it could really be a true combo this time around. Without Smash DI, they won't be able to escape the combo and we won't have to rely on the move tripping the opponent to become a true combo. This is a really really good thing imo.

D

Deleted member

So, people are saying it's Mewtwo, the secret character. Anyone wanna talk about it?
I mean, I'm happy for Mewtwo fans, but... will we get Puff?
Uh, that thing is nothing. It's the flash/glare/whatever. That question mark means nothing.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Uh, that thing is nothing. It's the flash/glare/whatever. That question mark means nothing.
It's not Mewtwo.
Signed, a gigantic Mewtwo supporter.

News flash: We can EASILY get Mewtwo and Puff.
Oh, thanks. I've been reading some roster size things (not the actual size, but the 3DS screen size for selections) and it's gotten me a bit tense. I don't know what I'm expecting. For some reason I see Mewtwo and Jigglypuff getting revealed around the same time...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Oh, thanks. I've been reading some roster size things (not the actual size, but the 3DS screen size for selections) and it's gotten me a bit tense. I don't know what I'm expecting. For some reason I see Mewtwo and Jigglypuff getting revealed around the same time...
Probably after release.

But if they were revealed simultaneously in a trailer I would flip.
Take THAT slots! You mean nothing!

A big middle finger to "slots" and the "Mario theory".

Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think Puff deserves a reveal. People seem to be expecting her to be revealed after release as a unlockable character but does that mean we assume ALL of the confirmed characters are not unlockable? I don't see that happening so I really hope she is announced here soon.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I think Puff deserves a reveal. People seem to be expecting her to be revealed after release as a unlockable character but does that mean we assume ALL of the confirmed characters are not unlockable? I don't see that happening so I really hope she is announced here soon.
Puff, Falcon, and Ness deserve reveals in my opinion.

Mewtwo, however, will be a weird one. It is a veteran technically, but it doesn't feel like a veteran. I'd say it would get a reveal too.

All other veterans I couldn't see getting their own reveals.

pokemonmaster39

Smash Rookie

So, people are saying it's Mewtwo, the secret character. Anyone wanna talk about it?
I thiNk its a newcomer since they are all positioned based on seniority in the games but yet again Sonic is misplaced. If Falcon and Ness are not confirmed then neither will Jiggs be. So thats the biggest hope for her return and Sakurai just probably wants to finish the roster with O12 unlockables with the exception of Luigi of course who got excused from the year of the Luigi

D

Deleted member

I thiNk its a newcomer since they are all positioned based on seniority in the games but yet again Sonic is misplaced. If Falcon and Ness are not confirmed then neither will Jiggs be. So thats the biggest hope for her return and Sakurai just probably wants to finish the roster with O12 unlockables with the exception of Luigi of course who got excused from the year of the Luigi
Except that it's not a newcomer and that question mark is meaningless. There was no character revealed at the event. The question mark just says "Hey guys, this isn't the whole roster!"

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So with Sing I figure it could cause her to float around if done in the air. Also the range of the sound waves extend farther the more damage Jigglypuff has. There's a lot you can do to make Sing more useful.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Seeing all the Jigglypuff love makes me happy.

Just a personal thing, but after that last minute unlock status in Brawl, I am going to be angry if the first unlockable character in SSB4 isn't Jiggs :l

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We don't need Sing to help you recover.

Again, Jigglypuff can recover fine without it.

Sing is a useful move, especially if Jigglypuff is buffed back to her Melee self again.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
We don't need Sing to help you recover.

Again, Jigglypuff can recover fine without it.

Sing is a useful move, especially if Jigglypuff is buffed back to her Melee self again.
Sing is useful...? If you connect with the first hitbox on sing, the opponent needs an insane amount of damage to still be asleep when you stop singing. You could try falling onto your opponent, timing to hit with the last hitbox, but you're a sitting duck while you're falling to the ground since sing doesn't affect airborne targets. The last possible use for sing is the ledge cancelled sing, which is the most useful but still relatively useless in the grand scheme of things. I've only converted on it once. If a Jigglypuff is doing a ledge cancel sing stall, just wait it out. If they don't stop, just find their rhythm and time an aerial to her sing.

The only way I can see sing being balanced and useful is they make it into a finisher tool. Make sing easier to land with the sleep duration much longer, but only allow it to affect targets with more than like 100% damage. What really would make sing overpowered is a sing + melee rest combination. But if sing doesn't affect targets until their heavily damaged, following up with a rest is just overkill and probably not optimal. This is almost how sing could be useful in the current games, but the difficulty to land it makes it useless.

D

Deleted member

What would make Sing overpowered is Sing + Melee rest with the ability to act out of Sing if any of the hitboxes connect.
>Hit with first hitbox of sing
>Cancel sing
>Rest

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Maybe some people should check this link out. Using Google Translate, and ignoring the image in the monitor (it's an old image), a Japanese website near the bottom essentially says on the date of June 29 of this year (yesterday Japanese time), "Jigglypuff joins the battle!" Here's the link:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://jbbs.sh*taraba.net/game/53158/
Replace * with an "i".
Can someone confirm or deny this? Site doesn't work on my phone

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
It's interesting. The entire line "Jigglypuff joins the battle!" is written in English. The post after that is in Japanese and is apologizing for something a few seconds after the Jiggs post. I don't know. There's some discussion about Jigglypuff in other spots ("purin" being translated as "pudding"), but it's hard to make heads or tails of what's going on.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
"I'm sorry we Yada mistaken bombing ..."
This was the same guy who posted this, this is not a perfect translation, but I'm guessing it was mistake

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well that's interesting.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens this week.

The Mewtwo vs Jigglypuff wars will rage on if this ends up legit.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Okay, so we have three possible theories regarding that post:

1. The guy simply thought Jigglypuff was in the game, and he apologized for his error.
2. Jigglypuff was leaked, and won't be revealed until sometime this week (if not the month).
3. Jigglypuff is being given the Mr. Game & Watch treatment; deliberately leaked without confirmation.

Perhaps the best-case scenario would be option 3, since it opens the floodgates for more character confirmation for the month while also building up to another big reveal. Of course, Option 1 is currently the most likely scenario, so until we see the same thing happen with R.O.B., we might as well assume the worst, but hope for the best.

Why R.O.B.? Because his reveal would strongly hint towards Chorus Men (or some other representative from Rhythm Heaven) being revealed post-launch, if not during the August Direct.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Well that's interesting.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens this week.

The Mewtwo vs Jigglypuff wars will rage on if this ends up legit.
This is why I really want Jiggs and Mewtwo to be confirmed together. I mean, Charizard and Greninja were confirmed together, so why can't Jigglypuff and Mewtwo?

epicgordan

Smash Ace
This is why I really want Jiggs and Mewtwo to be confirmed together. I mean, Charizard and Greninja were confirmed together, so why can't Jigglypuff and Mewtwo?
Well, they were both Starter Pokémon. And it'd look kind of weird if both of them were confirmed together. You'd think Mewtwo would just swoop in and dominate that trailer, rendering Jiggly a mere afterthought.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Well, they were both Starter Pokémon. And it'd look kind of weird if both of them were confirmed together. You'd think Mewtwo would just swoop in and dominate that trailer, rendering Jiggly a mere afterthought.
That would be fine I think. That's how I felt with charizard/ greninja.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
If there's going to be a Mewtwo trailer with Jigglypuff in it, I want the two of them duking it out with super, over the top, DBZ style action.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
If there's going to be a Mewtwo trailer with Jigglypuff in it, I want the two of them duking it out with super, over the top, DBZ style action.
I can see the trailer now actually. Pikachu on Pokémon Stadium, doing that little wave taunt, getting all the attention. Jigglypuff notices, inflates itself in anger, and charges full speed at Pikachu in jealousy with rollout. All of a sudden, a shadow ball is blasted right in between Pikachu and Jigglypuff. The one who shot the shadow ball? Mewtwo. Pikachu and Jigglypuff form a temporary truce to try to attack Mewtwo, but he is able to take them both, single handily.

On another note, should the page goal for us right now be 39. I noticed the Mewtwo page goal was 150...

Last edited:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
^ I was thinking something like that too but more like. Charizard vs lucario battle and it shows jigglypuffs shadow wobbling toward the stadium, reveals her, then she starts to sing putting lucario to sleep, only to have charizard tail whip her across the stadium and it shows her fly and land rolling sadly, up to the foot of... Mewtwo who takes to the stadium and starts battling both lucario and charizard with jigglypuffs help.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Jigglypuff is revealed pre-release then I'd say Mewtwo's chances will sky-rocket, no way they're not at least keeping one Pokémon hidden.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
If Jigglypuff is revealed pre-release then I'd say Mewtwo's chances will sky-rocket, no way they're not at least keeping one Pokémon hidden.
Well it depends on will Jigglypuff finally become a starter or not. If she's announced and yet going back to hidden along with Luigi and maybe TL, Lucario, and 3rd party guests, Mewtwo's chance hasn't skyrocket by much. But if they're starters, then of course there's no reason to have them starters without at least one hidden.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
if you mean the war in your head, then yes.
There's no war in my head, as I have both of them on my roster.

I wasn't really referencing this thread or the Mewtwo thread, rather other communities like GameFAQS and such with vastly differing opinions. Smashboards, at least a lot of the time, can agree on a lot of things.

Like Pokemon deserving six characters.

Shroob

Sup?
I really, really doubt Puff will be shown pre-release. We're close to only a 2 month wait for Japan, and we're still missing a handful of Brawl's starters, not to mention a potential newcomer reveal in August if we get a direct.

Top Bottom