• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Sorry but I don't really see the hype in Jigglypuff, she was my absolute least favorite character in brawl. She has nothing special to hold, not even her Final smash is amusing; she just seems so.....uh.....boring?

Circaprime

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minizord
3DS FC
2836-0593-7363
All Sakurai and the development team needs to do is change Her Standard B to one of her new fairy moves from X and Y. That move is disarming Voice, in the game, it does 40p and is a special attack. The attack should do 4% damage and should work like wolf's B standard from Brawl. Also add a glittering effect on her moves

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sorry but I don't really see the hype in Jigglypuff, she was my absolute least favorite character in brawl. She has nothing special to hold, not even her Final smash is amusing; she just seems so.....uh.....boring?
JIgglypuff is boring? That's a new one.

JIgglypuff has an incredibly unique play style if you try to use her properly. With Peach, she really is queen of the air, and on the ground she is so lovably "up close and personal". Unlike other fighters who are "up close and personal" Jigglypuff doesn't even have a sword or other weapon of any kind. Attacks like her Pound are just a sluggish, really quite funny jab at another player, while Sing and Rest fit her character perfectly, with Rest being a complete and utter nuke in Melee.

If you've only played Brawl and not Melee then I can sort of see where you're coming from, since Jigglypuff was nerfed very heavily in that game. However, I played Brawl before Melee (I had a GameCube, I just never bought Melee) and I was actually pretty hyped when I unlocked Jiggylpuff, and I love her play style in that game. I prefer her in Melee, but she is really great in Brawl, too. Especially her Final Smash, actually, she is the balloon Pokémon and it is literally called "Puff Up", something Jigglypuff did in the anime when people fell asleep as she tried to since her song, albeit to a much MUCH smaller degree.

If Jigglypuff got in the game, people would be excited. She represents the cuter, lighter side of Pokémon, which no other character does in reality (besides Squirtle :p). A character like Mewtwo or Sceptile would actually bring far FAR less to the roster than Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff has a purpose and she represents that purpose perfectly, Mewtwo is a "big powerful Pokémon with a human-like stature". Wow, we've never seen one of those before! Especially in this game! :4charizard::4greninja::4lucario:

If a character like Sceptile or Mewtwo got in, every time I would like at my favourite franchise's column of characters I would just hate the characters selected for it. I love playing as Lucario, and I think that Greninja is going to be REALLY fun, too (hate playing as Charizard, though, no matter how optimistic he looks!) but the "big powerful" Pokémon are my least favourite part. I stick to the lower tiers when I play competitively, because they are more fun and more thought is required generally, as well as the fact that the Pokémon there actually appeal to me. While this doesn't mean I always play as Jigglypuff in PU, it does mean that the lower tiers and as such the more casual side of Pokémon deserves representation. Jigglypuff is the perfect character for this. With her unique play style for a Pokémon (oh my god her neutral special isn't a chargeable ball/shuriken!) and legitimately cute and unique look to her (yeah yeah Kirby is a pink ball too, if you think that they are the same, then you need to go to Specsavers) it would be a huge shame of Jigglypuff was cut from the roster in Super Smash Bros. 4.

...Oops, I got a bit off topic there, didn't I? Oh well, that's why Jigglypuff shuold be in smash! :D

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't agree. She actually is one of my favourite Pokemon designs for how simplistic yet cute she is. Combine that with an enjoyable gameplay and you have an awesome character.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I can understand this because it's just your taste in gameplay. I find marth, Roy, toon link, zelda, game and watch all boring characters, but I don't use them... And I don't complain when they make the new roster because it's more characters to battle.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Does everyone in this thread hate Mewtwo?

Mewtwo and Jigglypuff pose no threat to each other. They'll get in on their own merits.

I personally love them both and hope and believe that they will return.
Jigglypuff is part of the O12 and has become a staple of the series.
Mewtwo is one of the most popular and marketable Pokemon, and Sakurai is "considering" his inclusion.

Both fanbases have to chill out. Pokemon can have six characters if Sakurai says so.
And he has. In Brawl.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I don't hate Mewtwo at all, I hate Mewtwo fans who want Jigglypuff out of the game because of the slot stupidity. Also, Mewtwo fans are in denial to the fact that Jigglypuff is far more relevant to Smash than Mewtwo is, she hasn't been in all 3 games for nothing including the huge honor of being in the original.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Mario Theory and O12 status both heavily favor Jigglypuff. It also slams the door on Mewtwo's return, but thems the breaks.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
To be fair, both the Mewtwo and Jigglypuff fans are actually at war with each other....

The Ness and Lucas fans apparently too.... :/

I just want them both back..... :T
Mewtwo fans are salty that Puff got in Brawl and he didn't, and are super-peeved that all evidence is showing that he's going to be sitting this one out too. Ness and Lucas fans are getting antsy because of Gematsu declaring that there was likely one of them being cut, and Lucas is being kicked out in favor of Ness. It's understandable, but people really don't like to read the writing on the walls.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo, Ness vs Lucas, Melee vs Brawl, PS4 vs XBox One, etc. Fans like picking sides and then arguing about it. It's just the nature of the beast. I've never been a fan of legendaries in the Pokemon games, mainly because they make the games trivial with their insane power. But I consider myself in the minority there.

I would never say I'd want any character cut from Smash's roster. I do prefer Jiggs getting in over Mewtwo, but I'd rather have both. Though I think people who don't want Jiggs in the game secretly don't want to lose to her. :smirk:

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE Mewtwo and I hope he is in the game... With Jigglypuff. I don't understand the war but I can understand how it started, both worries that too many pokemon have already been announced. I still think there's plenty of space for both. Mewtwo and a jigglypuff are the most important to my gameplay. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if both Squirtle and Ivysaur made the roster as well. I don't see much hope for Pichu tho..

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I LOVE Mewtwo and I hope he is in the game... With Jigglypuff. I don't understand the war but I can understand how it started, both worries that too many pokemon have already been announced. I still think there's plenty of space for both. Mewtwo and a jigglypuff are the most important to my gameplay. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if both Squirtle and Ivysaur made the roster as well. I don't see much hope for Pichu tho..
Jiggly is pretty much the only one likely to get in at this point. The rest are killed by Jiggly's O12 status and the Mario Theory.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, I know this is the Jigglypuff thread, but nothing points to Mewtwo's exclusion from the game.

There's no "Mario Theory". It's simply a fan made rule based on "patterns".
Sakurai literally stood up without being asked and said that Mewtwo was being considered. Everyone seems to ignore that.

I'm not "salty" or "peeved" about Mewtwo this time, because he's going to make it.

No crappy slot "rule" is going to tell me otherwise.

Now what I am salty about is people making claims about Mewtwo's chances being done for, when in reality he's still one of the most likely characters. All evidence points to him playable aside from "muh slots".

Lots of "quotation marks" here.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
If Jigglypuff comes back she's probably not getting any changes. She has a solid moveset.

Also repping Fairy types isn't a big deal. We have enough Gen VI content (two Mega Evolutions and a newcomer.)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The main change that has to occur is bringing Melee Jiggs back.

Rest needs to return in all of its glory.

Maybe make Sing have a longer sleep effect. It's pretty useless in Brawl.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Alright, I know this is the Jigglypuff thread, but nothing points to Mewtwo's exclusion from the game.

There's no "Mario Theory". It's simply a fan made rule based on "patterns".
It's an observed pattern throughout all of the Smash series. Since we're speculating, it seems to be a useful tool to determine who may be in and who's not, at least until it's disproven, which has yet to happen.

Sakurai literally stood up without being asked and said that Mewtwo was being considered. Everyone seems to ignore that.
Mewtwo may be being considered, but it may not be as a playable character. Perhaps a Boss Battle or Boss Hazard.

I'm not "salty" or "peeved" about Mewtwo this time, because he's going to make it.

No crappy slot "rule" is going to tell me otherwise.

Now what I am salty about is people making claims about Mewtwo's chances being done for, when in reality he's still one of the most likely characters. All evidence points to him playable aside from "muh slots".
I've seen no such evidence. A lot of it points toward 47 + Random being a reality. Due to the Mario Theory and 47 + Random being likely, that means there's only room for one more Pokemon rep, and that will either be Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff enjoys the advantage of a third theory, that of O12 status. Mewtwo is going up against an O12 and, just like Lucas seems likely to, will lose.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I think Jiggypuff will return because all the Pokemon announced seem too hardcore except Pikachu and they need to appeal to the cuter and lighter side of Pokemon.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Or he was just considering the Mega Evolution mechanic itself, which later implemented into two announced Pokemon.
Well, him having two Mega forms works well as a Boss Encounter. One for the 3DS version, the other for the Wii U version. Keep it fresh. :)

Could actually work for Ridley too, now that I think on it.. >.>;

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mario Theory and O12 status both heavily favor Jigglypuff. It also slams the door on Mewtwo's return, but thems the breaks.
[A]ll evidence is showing that he's going to be sitting this one out too. Ness and Lucas fans are getting antsy because of Gematsu declaring that there was likely one of them being cut, and Lucas is being kicked out in favor of Ness. It's understandable, but people really don't like to read the writing on the walls.
Jiggly is pretty much the only one likely to get in at this point. The rest are killed by Jiggly's O12 status and the Mario Theory.
You can keep posting this all you want, and I'm sure you will, but ultimately this comes down to the fact that they are completely fan concocted. The merit they hold is the merit you place on them. There is plenty of evidence for why Jigglypuff could return, but there is quite a bit of reasoning as to why she may not. If you choose to ignore the latter entirely, that is also up to you- but stating it does not exist does not mean it does not exist.

Yes I've read your other post, and we have had this conversation before. I'll just quickly restate; change the size of the character icons by even the slightest fraction and 47+ goes out the window. Mario theory fails on one front:
-either visually, A, there are multiple other franchises that APPEAR to be mario based, even if they are technically not
representing such in smash
- or B, technically, there are 6 pokemon characters in Brawl. Not slots. Playable characters. Google sakurai on the matter.

You can argue the aesthetic, or the technical, but you cannot say both are true in the same sentence.

And if you argue the technical, then we have two extra pokemon each game, and this fourth game will have eight (2 in 64, 4 in melee, 6 in brawl, 8 here).

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
You can keep posting this all you want, and I'm sure you will, but ultimately this comes down to the fact that they are completely fan concocted. The merit they hold is the merit you place on them. There is plenty of evidence for why Jigglypuff could return, but there is quite a bit of reasoning as to why she may not. If you choose to ignore the latter entirely, that is also up to you- but stating it does not exist does not mean it does not exist
Fair enough. Show me this evidence that suggests she's gone, then. I believe I've already put on quite a demonstration on why her return is something you could set a watch by, but if I'm wrong, show me.

Yes I've read your other post, and we have had this conversation before. I'll just quickly restate; change the size of the character icons by even the slightest fraction and 47+ goes out the window.
That's not a weakness, that's just a fact of mathematics. That's why when I built the mockup I did my best to ensure I took every consideration that might arise into account. With that said, as soon as we see a 25th cell pop up on the 3DS version, we'll have our answer as to who's right and who's wrong as far as the CSS display.

Mario theory fails on one front:
-either visually, A, there are multiple other franchises that APPEAR to be mario based, even if they are technically not
representing such in smash
I don't see how that invalidates the Mario Theory at all. DK, Yoshi and Wario were never given the Mushroom Icon, so it's likely they were considered their own franchises, regardless of their ties with Mario initially.

- or B, technically, there are 6 pokemon characters in Brawl. Not slots. Playable characters. Google sakurai on the matter.
This is a point of contention, but I don't believe it invalidates the Mario Theory because Sakurai may consider the PT Trio individual characters, but his actions speak louder than his words. He linked all three together under a single identity, PT, and none could exist at the time without the others. Same goes for Sheik/Zelda.

You can argue the aesthetic, or the technical, but you cannot say both are true in the same sentence.
Why not? There's been no hard evidence that explicitly denies the validity of the Mario Theory.

And if you argue the technical, then we have two extra pokemon each game, and this fourth game will have eight (2 in 64, 4 in melee, 6 in brawl, 8 here).
The pattern only holds if you consider PT's pokemon individual characters which Sakurai, despite what he said, may not actually do. As far as CSS reps, it's 2, 4, and 4, and will likely be 5 in the upcoming game.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
To be fair, both the Mewtwo and Jigglypuff fans are actually at war with each other....

The Ness and Lucas fans apparently too.... :/

I just want them both back..... :T
Mewtwo fans are salty that Puff got in Brawl and he didn't, and are super-peeved that all evidence is showing that he's going to be sitting this one out too. Ness and Lucas fans are getting antsy because of Gematsu declaring that there was likely one of them being cut, and Lucas is being kicked out in favor of Ness. It's understandable, but people really don't like to read the writing on the walls.
Whoa, whoa, whoa there fellas.There is some SERIOUS delusion going on in this thread. I know I haven't read the Jigglypuff thread in a while, myself, but all this animosity towards Mewtwo is just unwarranted and childish.

Have any of you guys even been to the Mewtwo thread at all, for, like, the last 10 pages or more? Literally no one there hates Jigglypuff, or at the very least, certainly no one there calls for Jigglypuff to be cut! You'll find that you guys have an erroneous view of what Mewtwo fans are like! Pretty much all the Mewtwo fans believe that Pokemon will get 6 characters, like in Brawl, Mario be damned.

You Jigglypuff people disappoint me. She's coming back. You accuse us of being salty and then trash talk our character? Salt much? Seriously...

Oh, and one last thing? While Jigglypuff's been in every Smash so far, Sakurai has planned Mewtwo for all of them, as well. There's evidence that Sonic's late inclusion in Brawl was the reason Mewtwo never came back. It has ****-all to do with Puff. They do not compete with each other. They are nothing alike. Mewtwo fans have more reason to be hostile with Lucario or Greninja than anyone else, really, but you know what? Mewtwo fans have the class to not trash talk those characters, either. I like all the Pokemon characters just fine. No salt here. There is no "war" going on between Mewtwo and Puff, except perhaps in this thread!

So chill.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Can someone please tell me or link to what this 'mario theory' is?
If I remember correctly, which I may not, it's the idea that a series' number in reps can be dropped die to Brawl going from 5 to 4 main series Mario.
While it is true, it's still not one to take into serious consideration since Dr. Mario was a disposable clone.

Anyway, there is plenty of hostility toward Puffs from the Mewtwo fanbase though not all that from these boards. But it's nothing special and certainly nothing worth going on about.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Whoa, whoa, whoa there fellas.There is some SERIOUS delusion going on in this thread. I know I haven't read the Jigglypuff thread in a while, myself, but all this animosity towards Mewtwo is just unwarranted and childish.

Have any of you guys even been to the Mewtwo thread at all, for, like, the last 10 pages or more? Literally no one there hates Jigglypuff, or at the very least, certainly no one there calls for Jigglypuff to be cut! You'll find that you guys have an erroneous view of what Mewtwo fans are like! Pretty much all the Mewtwo fans believe that Pokemon will get 6 characters, like in Brawl, Mario be damned.

You Jigglypuff people disappoint me. She's coming back. You accuse us of being salty and then trash talk our character? Salt much? Seriously...

Oh, and one last thing? While Jigglypuff's been in every Smash so far, Sakurai has planned Mewtwo for all of them, as well. There's evidence that Sonic's late inclusion in Brawl was the reason Mewtwo never came back. It has ****-all to do with Puff. They do not compete with each other. They are nothing alike. Mewtwo fans have more reason to be hostile with Lucario or Greninja than anyone else, really, but you know what? Mewtwo fans have the class to not trash talk those characters, either. I like all the Pokemon characters just fine. No salt here. There is no "war" going on between Mewtwo and Puff, except perhaps in this thread!

So chill.
I don't think it was always like this. Out of the two, Jiggs is my favorite, but I'd personally enjoy seeing both (let's not have Mewtwo's final smash be mega evolution however, we already have two of those). I believe the "war" thing is only metaphorical. Maybe not here, but I have seen some Jigg/Mewtwo fans claiming there is only a "5th slot" for a Pokémon character."

On another note, Jiggs really was treated poorly in Brawl beyond just nerf. Anyone think for a O12 that it's role in the Subspace Emissary was, well... poor? It's because of this that I worry of her status...

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
:laugh: I know. I guess you could consider it a role, I suppose she, Toon Link and Wolf only had a cameo in the Subspace Emissary.
i always thought it was due to time contraints/ they were all finished near the end of the game's development

So chill.

i've seen a few Mewtwo fans come in here just to say shes gonna be cut and that she does not deserve to be in the game. and i've also read some anti-jiggs sentiment in the Mewtwo thread due to her having priority over Mewtwo in Brawl. Stop acting like its not happening because it is.

Mewtwo fans have pretty much felt threatened over other pokemon characters too.

i never hated on Mewtwo btw.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, I could go into the Mewtwo thread and pull some pretty anti-Jigglypuff posts that took all the willpower in the world not to snarkily respond to, it might not be all the Mewtwo fans, not even the majority of them but let's not pretend there isn't some anti-Jigglypuff sentiment in some Mewtwo fans.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This thread should be renamed the "Mewtwo Fan Gossip Thread".

Most Mewtwo fans think that Jigglypuff AND Mewtwo should be in. We support the idea of six Pokemon characters, arguing that that's what Pokemon had in Brawl and slots are simply an illusion.

There's more Mewtwo hate that goes on here than Jigglpuff hate that goes on in the Mewtwo thread.

And here I am hoping that both of them come back.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The main change that has to occur is bringing Melee Jiggs back.

Rest needs to return in all of its glory.

Maybe make Sing have a longer sleep effect. It's pretty useless in Brawl.
Gotta be careful with a Sing buff though, Jigglypuff is ironically the one character where you can't buff an imobilizing move because it goes all too well with Rest, especially if Rest is being reverted back to its Melee power.

I hope that even if Rest remains the Brawl version by default that customization will open up for it to become its Melee version.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I probably won't be playing around with the customization too much, so I'm hoping that Jiggs gets Melee Rest as her default.

Sing should last maybe half a second more. Just enough time to be useful.
Smart players will learn how to avoid it. Dodging at just the right time is key.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I probably won't be playing around with the customization too much, so I'm hoping that Jiggs gets Melee Rest as her default.

Sing should last maybe half a second more. Just enough time to be useful.
Smart players will learn how to avoid it. Dodging at just the right time is key.
Smash isn't always geared towards smart players though, and for a good reason. Then again, not-so-smart players won't be able to utilize Rest properly, so I guess it goes both ways.

And don't get me wrong, I'd far prefer it being its Melee incarnation by default too, Resting people far and beyond online would be hilarious. I'm just saying it'd be better than nothing, and since this game seems to take more things from Brawl than Melee for veterans' movesets I think that's sadly what we're going to end up with. Then again, I think Melee's Rest would work better as a standard move in general, Brawl's feels more whacky because of the added flower effect and everything, Melee's Rest is just so much more simple as a standpoint. We'll see.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
This thread should be renamed the "Mewtwo Fan Gossip Thread".

There's more Mewtwo hate that goes on here than Jigglpuff hate that goes on in the Mewtwo thread.

And here I am hoping that both of them come back.
You're exaggerating everything. Really. Your first post about this "mewtwo hate" is going overboard. Its was really unnecessary to post that cause all it really did was bring up a topic that was not running through anyone's mind here.

I barely even discuss Mewtwo here.

i haven't seen anyone hate Mewtwo besides maybe one person. But some other ppl are making valid complaints about a couple of his fans. If you take that as a "were hating on mewtwo" then you're being over the top

Exactly, I could go into the Mewtwo thread and pull some pretty anti-Jigglypuff posts that took all the willpower in the world not to snarkily respond to, it might not be all the Mewtwo fans, not even the majority of them but let's not pretend there isn't some anti-Jigglypuff sentiment in some Mewtwo fans.
i've read a couple posts myself when i read the Mewtwo thread so thats why i was like "wtf?" when someone here claims there is none.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
With special move customization, the whole "rest should heal you thing" might actually come to light

assuming puff makes it into the game, which she better :c

FancySmash

Smash Lord
With customization, I'd like the rest differences to be choices. Let's say...

64/Melee: Normal Type Rest
Brawl: Fairy Type Rest

I know in the main games, Rest is a Psychic type move, but I'm gonna look away from that in Smash Bros... :)

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
My guess for the 3 rests would be:
1) Brawl rest, but she wakes up in about a second.
2) Brawl rest, but she restores X% if it connects.
3) Melee rest in all its risk and destruction.

My ideal rest:
4) Melee kill power, stays asleep for about a second, and restores 100% worth of damage. Come on, Sakurai. It totally wouldn't be broken! Trust me! :lol:

I just want Jiggs to be the new Metaknight. Is that too much to ask?

Top Bottom