• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So Jigglypuff is, like, the most awesome Pokemon to ever exist, and I would like to tell you how cool she is.

In all seriousness, I want her to have sparkles added to her special moves because she's a Fairy Type now.
You know, for masculinity.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I do think Jigglypuff's Up B move should be changed, due to the fact that it is near unreliable when using it. You have to time the song near the end in order to your opponent and even still, the chances of hitting your opponent is slim and it just leaves you vulnerable.

I would rather it be "Play Rough" where Jigglypuff hops in the air to jump on enemies (it doesn't home in on targets, but would be best for recovery), this would certainly be a better alternative than the Sing ability.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I do think Jigglypuff's Up B move should be changed, due to the fact that it is near unreliable when using it. You have to time the song near the end in order to your opponent and even still, the chances of hitting your opponent is slim and it just leaves you vulnerable.

I would rather it be "Play Rough" where Jigglypuff hops in the air to jump on enemies (it doesn't home in on targets, but would be best for recovery), this would certainly be a better alternative than the Sing ability.
I'm here for a Sing ability which has greater range and longer lasting effects. Sing is Jigglypuff's signature move anyway :039:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm here for a Sing ability which has greater range and longer lasting effects. Sing is Jigglypuff's signature move anyway :039:
I know, and it would be a shame it to see it go for that reason alone, but I would rather Jigglypuff have a move that helps it in battle more.

The plus side is, that move would help represent Jigglypuff's Fairy Typing.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I know, and it would be a shame it to see it go for that reason alone, but I would rather Jigglypuff have a move that helps it in battle more.

The plus side is, that move would help represent Jigglypuff's Fairy Typing.
I would love a Final Smash like Peach's where she sings and everyone's asleep and she gets to kill everyone. It makes more sense than growing big for whatever reason

luigijerk

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sing has to stay in the moveset in some way. UP + B is impossible to balance because of rest. Either sleep lasts long enough and making rest absurdly easy to land, or it doesn't last long enough and nobody uses it (like previous games). I like the idea of moving it to a final smash. Besides that change, though, I want her side + B and rest to stay the same (well, buff rest back to melee's killing power).

I don't care about her normals much, but I do like the way fair and bair play with her side + B and floatiness.

Also, I see what people are saying about jiggs and kirby as far as jumps, normals, and body shape being similar. They really don't play at all similar though. Jiggs is always in the air poking people with her good aerials, waiting for a chance to rest, or edge guarding. Kirby is more limited than her in the air, playing more for edge guarding with bair or spiking with dair. Kirby has a better ground game, and rather than floating back and forth with spacing in the air, he's more likely to jump once or twice, land, then try again.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Unless they change standard rest to be health regeneration, and put the killing rest as a custom move, then Sleep could last plenty long enough.

Alternately make sleep %ile reliant, so it only last long enough to pull off a rest above a certain threshold where you'd be able to get the kill other ways, just maybe not as easily. Say Sing at 0% is barely longer than the animation but at 120% is long enough to pull off a killing rest. You can play offensively and go for a smash or riskier rest to get the kill down at 80, or you could play more defensively and wrack up damage to use a sing set up.

Both ways could have sing being balanced in accordance to Rest, it's a new game after-all, you shouldn't come into it with Melee pre-conceptions.

P.J.☆

Smash Rookie
With jigglypuff's fairy typing she could use dazzling gleam as a lazer projectile or they
Could rename pound to play rough

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I hope Jigglypuff gains a Fairy-type move. Perhaps a Fairy-type special move. Would anyone be upset if Rollout were replaced with a new special move? Rollout, though fun, is perhaps the most likely special move to change. Unless Pound gains Fairy-type properties, or is perhaps slightly changed and becomes Play Rough. Anyone think Jigglypuff will receive a Fairy-type move of some kind?
@P.J.☆ Woah. I was just typing about Pound becoming Play Rough!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Jigglypuff needs one of her taunts to be her puffing up and getting angry, like in the anime. That oversight needs to be corrected.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I understand. SSB Jigglypuff does not display the temperamental attitude of anime Jiglypuff. Perhaps this will change, since the developers are focusing on creating expressive characters for SSB4.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
im about to bring up something old but i believe that both mewtwo and jiggs havee perfectly legitimate reasons to be in smash 4 they both play major roles reasons for mewtwo i really dont have much to say for him but THEY MADE A WHOLE OTHER COUNTER PART TO BRAWL CALLED PROJECT M PUTTING mewtwo in it because peeps were dying to see mewtwo back now dude what else can we do to get mewtwo another shot. now jiggs
Original 12.
Very popular in Japan (Internationally really)
Role in Pokemon Conquest.
In every single pokemon game as a wild catchable Pokemon.
Represents Pokemon very well, and is a recognizable Pokemon.
has a new typing in X and Y. "Fairy".
The new typing is the perfect chance for her to represent the type itself in the next Smash Brothers.
Had a very good run in the anime. A Jigglypuff also appeared in the first episode of the X and Y anime might I add. And Wigglytuff (evolved form) is the nurse assistant as back in the day it was Chansey.
Jigglypuff is a unique character
from an awsome person

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
You know, you guys can mark me as a Jiggs defender too. I am sick and tired of people complaining that she's "irrelevant" (aka "I don't like her"). She needs to stay in Smash, and while not as notable in Pokemon anymore, she has become higher than that and is now a Smash Bros. icon.
Though, I do kinda want her Final Smash to be a bit different.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I know this sounds odd considering Jigglypuff is one of the original 12, but honestly, I think she's going to get cut, her popularity has gone down in recent years. You could say the same thing for Ness, but honestly, if Ness was cut, ...I don't think Sakurai would live for much longer.

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
I know this sounds odd considering Jigglypuff is one of the original 12, but honestly, I think she's going to get cut, her popularity has gone down in recent years. You could say the same thing for Ness, but honestly, if Ness was cut, ...I don't think Sakurai would live for much longer.
Jigglypuff is VERY popular in Japan, and I believe Sakurai said she was one of his favorites. It's true that her last main role in a game was in Pokemon Conquest, but what has Lucario done recently to boost his popularity? He got a Mega, and Jiggly got a new type, which helps both of their causes.

I don't think it's a surprise that we're seeing more of Jiggly as Smash gets closer and closer. New type, Art Academy, Pokemon Center Paris promotional stuff, appeared in the first episode in the anime, and now she's being put into secret bases as a doll for OR/AS. It's like their trying to make her more relevant.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Jigglypuff is VERY popular in Japan, and I believe Sakurai said she was one of his favorites. It's true that her last main role in a game was in Pokemon Conquest, but what has Lucario done recently to boost his popularity? He got a Mega, and Jiggly got a new type, which helps both of their causes.

I don't think it's a surprise that we're seeing more of Jiggly as Smash gets closer and closer. New type, Art Academy, Pokemon Center Paris promotional stuff, appeared in the first episode in the anime, and now she's being put into secret bases as a doll for OR/AS. It's like their trying to make her more relevant.
This, plus the fact that I believe Sakurais said she was easy to implement.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

Fair enough. I suppose I am not aware of Jigglypuff's revelance in Japan.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Just a curious question to the :jigglypuff: fans in here, note be as passionate & blunt towards the question in your own words if you want:

Is the new addition Fairy Type that crucial to put :jigglypuff: past chances from Brawl, to a higher priority?
This is Sakurai we're talking about. I see him halfheartedly caring about the pokemon type that much but would consider applying the fairy type in to promote the fairy type unto:jigglypuff: for Game Freak's sake. (Giving Purin some justice he put quite the emphasis on the pokemon types for Brawl :charizard:, :ivysaur:, :pikachu2: &:squirtle:).

My prediction based off what's happening in Smash4, is :jigglypuff:'s only fairy representation, will only be used through her new Final Smash. Mega Evolution atm seems far more important than Pokemon type, considering we know nothing about Mega Charizard X's move-set & Mega Lucario's typing of his Specials are unchanged. So ultimately MEvo > Fairy. . .even though I'm not giving her much justice when we haven't even seen her but this is a prediction. Anyways, it just seems to be helping my debating topic that Fairy won't get much representation.

Also I completely forgot that :4greninja:'s Final Smash being Night Slash, is his only Dark move representation at all from my limited knowledge, so that's another point to consider.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
In Smash, I never care about newer characters, I just want to see Jigglypuff in the game, is all I care about, anybody who wants Jigglypuff cut is a heretic!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Fairy typing is honestly more of an excuse than a reason to put Puff in. She's going to get in because of seniority, the exact same reason Sheik got in over more "relevant" newcomer options like Impa.

Morbi

Scavenger
Fairy typing is honestly more of an excuse than a reason to put Puff in. She's going to get in because of seniority, the exact same reason Sheik got in over more "relevant" newcomer options like Impa.
I suppose that is true; however, I would not be surprised to see the fairy typing used in some capacity either. Perhaps as a new FS even though I was rather fond of her Brawl FS.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Mabye Jigglypuff could have Moonblast as her final smash where she calls down a blast like with lucario's old final smash. Yeah she can't learn it but Lucas and Ness can't learn PK starstorm either.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Ya know, sometimes I've seen the argument that: "It doesn't matter that Jigglypuff is now a Normal/Fairy, it doesn't boost her chances anymore than it boosted a Dark or Steel type for melee." All I can do is think to myself: "Well, yeah, but Steel/Dark types hadn't been consecutively appearing as playable characters..."

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So I feel like talking about Jigglypuff custom moves. Let see what I can come up with. I'll also pick which one I think would be best to use in a tournament match. I have a feeling that they will NOT change her main moveset.

Up Special
Sing: Standard, possibly buffed to make opponents sleep longer
Dazzling Gleam: Same radius, hurts opponents now (Competitive Choice)
Big Sing: Larger Radius, isn't as effective, possibly like the old Sing but w/ larger radius

Side special
Pound: Standard (Competitive Choice, Debatable)
Double Slap: Does multiple small attacks, they're weaker but faster
Mega Punch: Almost like a smash attack but slower than the regular pound

Down Special
Rest: Standard Rest
Healing Rest: Is considerably weaker but it will heal you as you sleep. Maybe a larger Radius too
Melee Rest: Has Melee's strength and knockback, but perhaps Jigglypuff sleeps longer. (Competitive Choice)

Neutral Special
Rollout: Standard
Jigglypuff Spindash: Jigglypuff gets a rollout spindash and it works simlar to Sonic's (Competitive choice)
Super Armor: Rollout but w/ Super Armor, takes longer to charge????

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
im about to bring up something old but i believe that both mewtwo and jiggs havee perfectly legitimate reasons to be in smash 4 they both play major roles reasons for mewtwo i really dont have much to say for him but THEY MADE A WHOLE OTHER COUNTER PART TO BRAWL CALLED PROJECT M PUTTING mewtwo in it because peeps were dying to see mewtwo back now dude what else can we do to get mewtwo another shot.
Project M wasn't made by Nintendo if that's what you're trying to say...

FancySmash

Smash Lord
How about a customization for Rollout being Gyro-Ball.
If Jigglypuff is dashing, Gyro-Ball does less damage but is performed quicker, and doesn't have much knock back.
If Jigglypuff is just walking normally or standing still, you have a slow attack, but it is more powerful in terms both knock back and damage.

It puts emphasis on her low speed.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
How about a customization for Rollout being Gyro-Ball.
If Jigglypuff is dashing, Gyro-Ball does less damage but is performed quicker, and doesn't have much knock back.
If Jigglypuff is just walking normally or standing still, you have a slow attack, but it is more powerful in terms both knock back and damage.

It puts emphasis on her low speed.
That sounds good! But I don't know how useful it would be outside of casual play and for fun online.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Regardless, I think custom moves will certainly make useless competitive moves such as Rollout and Sing viable. Hopefully they'll be used in tournaments, Jigglypuff would benefit from it greatly.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I really don't get people who want Jigglypuff gone.

She's a totally unique character, and people who say "Jigglypuff is useless" just aren't putting enough time in playing her.

Top Bottom