• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Jiggs seems to be fine for the most part. She'll probably be hush-hush until entire roster is revealed & she'll be a secret character.
. . .Right?

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
We're literally days away from knowing whether Jigglypuff will be in or not (she will be), the wait is just killing me. Plz announce her already Sakurai.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind if they changed rollout into a cool new fairy move or sing into an actually useful move, but I really don't want them to touch her moveset. I just hope rest doesn't suck.

Also, they need to bring back the crown costume. It was the only costume I used in melee and I was pissed that it was gone in Brawl.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I wouldn't mind if they changed rollout into a cool new fairy move or sing into an actually useful move, but I really don't want them to touch her moveset. I just hope rest doesn't suck.

Also, they need to bring back the crown costume. It was the only costume I used in melee and I was pissed that it was gone in Brawl.
Don't get rid of sing :(

What if her final smash was changed, into where she attacks with her marker repeatedly and then she hits them off in a last hurrah? It would work almost exactly like Link's final smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about her Up special is changed to Dazzling Gleam, where she charges up multiple rays of light to fire around her, and she uses Sing as a final smash to combo into her Marker which OHKOs anybody :4pacman:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
How about her Up special is changed to Dazzling Gleam, where she charges up multiple rays of light to fire around her, and she uses Sing as a final smash to combo into her Marker which OHKOs anybody :4pacman:
I feel like they won't get rid of sing as her up special, due to how iconic it is for jigglypuff to sing. Pound needs to stay, as it helps with her recovery due to her lack of recovery in an up special, but I could see dazzling gleam for her neutral b. I would love for her to get some sort of range move, as it would make her a lot better.

D

Deleted member

I feel like they won't get rid of sing as her up special, due to how iconic it is for jigglypuff to sing. Pound needs to stay, as it helps with her recovery due to her lack of recovery in an up special, but I could see dazzling gleam for her neutral b. I would love for her to get some sort of range move, as it would make her a lot better.
I never said to get rid of sing, I just said to make it a Final Smash with the Marker, since those are always used in tandem, which the Neutral Special does not allow. Maybe Dazzling Gleam could propel her upwards a tiny bit as well if she is airborne.

I also think that if Jigglypuff lands a Rest, she should immediately wake up so she isn't fodder now that Star KOs are gone for the most part and because she was a sitting duck before.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I never said to get rid of sing, I just said to make it a Final Smash with the Marker, since those are always used in tandem, which the Neutral Special does not allow. Maybe Dazzling Gleam could propel her upwards a tiny bit as well if she is airborne.

I also think that if Jigglypuff lands a Rest, she should immediately wake up so she isn't fodder now that Star KOs are gone for the most part and because she was a sitting duck before.
well that was the point of rest, even if you do land it, there can be retaliation from the opponent. Star KOs are only gone when it is close to the end of the match, or if someone is on their last stock. But ya, I get that sing could be part of her final smash, but just being able to use sing in its moveset, give it the unique ability to put people to sleep, something no other character can do. Maybe sing could be part of the final smash, but I feel that it won't be taken out of the moveset. I do like the dazzling gleam recovery idea, but I think it is unlikely :)

D

Deleted member

well that was the point of rest, even if you do land it, there can be retaliation from the opponent. Star KOs are only gone when it is close to the end of the match, or if someone is on their last stock. But ya, I get that sing could be part of her final smash, but just being able to use sing in its moveset, give it the unique ability to put people to sleep, something no other character can do. Maybe sing could be part of the final smash, but I feel that it won't be taken out of the moveset. I do like the dazzling gleam recovery idea, but I think it is unlikely :)
I thought that the point of rest was a ridiculously powerful attack that should KO if you've put in enough work, with the cost of having a small hitbox and having an insane amount of endlag, resulting in easy punishes that usually result in KOs from fully charged smash attacks due to her extremely light weight. But hey, thats just me.

Sing could be a special, but I honestly think it should be the final smash because of how devastating it is in the anime, and the fact that its so useless due to it not having enough sleep time injected on opponents, not to mention the lack of a marker follow up.

As for dazzling gleam, it is necessary because of the new fairy type, and I think it would spice up the moveset a bit more. I also think that Pound should be removed in favor of another attack, and that it should be her Fair instead, and her old Fair should replace her Nair.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
As for dazzling gleam, it is necessary because of the new fairy type, and I think it would spice up the moveset a bit more. I also think that Pound should be removed in favor of another attack, and that it should be her Fair instead, and her old Fair should replace her Nair.
Ya, earlier I stated how moonblast could be a cool neutral B. It would work somewhat similar to pit's arrows, except slower, bigger, and more powerful.

I dunno, pound is one of its best moves, and doesn't really make too much sense as a fair. If it did become the fair, I doubt it would have as much momentum, which would be a HUGE nerf to jigglypuff. As long as it has good momentum like before, I would love having it be a fair. I feel they should keep its Nair tho, as it leads to great combos.

D

Deleted member

Ya, earlier I stated how moonblast could be a cool neutral B. It would work somewhat similar to pit's arrows, except slower, bigger, and more powerful.

I dunno, pound is one of its best moves, and doesn't really make too much sense as a fair. If it did become the fair, I doubt it would have as much momentum, which would be a HUGE nerf to jigglypuff. As long as it has good momentum like before, I would love having it be a fair. I feel they should keep its Nair tho, as it leads to great combos.
Jigglypuff doesn't get moonblast, sadly. And I meant that the Fair would be the exact same thing as the old Forward Special, just mapped to a different button. The Nair should be kept now that I think of it. If Jiggly was to get a move it couldn't learn, I would love for it to get boomburst! Have her say "YOOM-TAH!!" and a big sound wave wound emit in front of her, referencing PMD2's Wigglytuff. Or just have that be Hyper Voice :p

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Jigglypuff doesn't get moonblast, sadly. And I meant that the Fair would be the exact same thing as the old Forward Special, just mapped to a different button. The Nair should be kept now that I think of it. If Jiggly was to get a move it couldn't learn, I would love for it to get boomburst! Have her say "YOOM-TAH!!" and a big sound wave wound emit in front of her, referencing PMD2's Wigglytuff. Or just have that be Hyper Voice :p
I hope it does get dazzling gleam, I thought it may get Moonblast, due to that being one of the big fairy moves. I mean, Robin got Nosferatsu when he couldn't learn it.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Don't get rid of sing :(

What if her final smash was changed, into where she attacks with her marker repeatedly and then she hits them off in a last hurrah? It would work almost exactly like Link's final smash.
I wouldn't want sing to go since it's jigglypuff's most iconic move and is what people who've watched the original pokemon anime know her for. I just want it to be a bit better since I've never found it useful in any situation. Maybe they could add some sort of recovery aspect to sing or they can just make it easier to make people fall asleep for a long time.

Also, great idea for the final smash.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Jigglypuffs reveal screen should either be:
Jigglypuff! Takes center stage
or
Jigglypuff! Back by popular demand
:laugh:
pretty sure the second one would make ppl mad (mew two)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I worded that badly. It isn't supposed to be interpreted that way, it's based off of when performers (ie. singers) are shown again by "popular demand." I know it applies to Mewtwo in the other sense, I just don't know how to word it better. :facepalm:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ FancySmash FancySmash
Oh you fancy huh?:smirk:
Btw I never typed about it, but your avatar gives me smiles.

Going past that, Jiggly wouldn't get an encore because her whole crowd would be a sleep after the first song!
Encore Encore!:troll: so the first option sounds good to me

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
@ FancySmash FancySmash

Going past that, Jiggly wouldn't get an encore because her whole crowd would be a sleep after the first song!
Encore Encore!:troll: so the first option sounds good to me
Yeah, that's true. The only way anyone would truly be able to hear Jigglypuff's song is if they had insomnia :164:.

@ FancySmash FancySmash
Oh you fancy huh?:smirk:
Btw I never typed about it, but your avatar gives me smiles.
:grin: Thanks. I think the idea of "fancy Shadow the Hedgehog" is so out of the ordinary, it's funny. Glad you like it!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
With Team Battle changed to being only Red Blue or Green outlines, cool / cute alternate palette swaps in the past are more likely now than besides just having the Team colors:
  • Starting out as a red bow for Red Team in Smash64, & Melee's flower being just a decoration, the same red flower from Melee is Brawl's red team palette though resembling Phoebe's flower from the Elite Four in R/S/E.
  • Starting out as a blue bow for Blue Team in Smash64 showing off Jiggly's shiny color, returns as a similar bow in Melee but not showing the different shade of hue her Smash64. Her Brawl Blue palette returns the shade of hue to make her appear as a Shiny Jigglypuff with the hat & blue ribbon on it similar to Bug Catcher & Lady trainer's hats in the games.
  • Starting out as a green bow for the Green Team in Smash64, it changes to a Green headband similar to other video game references like Kirby. Brawl's palette, the green sleeping hat, similar to the hat you see Kirby sleeping with in his sleeping ability.
So really those aren't that necessary anymore opening up for the yellow crown returning, & the white hat from Brawl <3

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
i do have an idea to help with her move set a bit we all know jiggs new fairy type will somehow make it in the game so i am hoping to see maybe moon blast or dasling gleam to give her some range it could work like samuses nutrel b you charge up a blast and you shoot a large blast it would help her alot to space noting the problem of being a light charicter

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
That roster leak that's supposedly going around, I like it! it has Jigglypuff in it! though it oddly removes the Ice Climbers and adds other odd characters, but I'm pleased with it if Jigglypuff's in, they seemed to have changed her design though to follow more with X/Y. Let's hope it's real

I also like it cuz Mewtwo isn't in

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but due to Robin's Nosferatu being a move for him. There is no reason for Jiggly to not be able to use Moonblast.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
Silly naive Jigglypuff mains.

Jigglypuff was only added because she was popular on the anime.

and now they don't even use her on the Anime, she was just a fad, like Kony2012 and the ASL Ice bucket challenge.

Sakurai has given her the ax, he might have felt bad for her and let her in as a pokeball pokemon.

RIP
ok lets get on thing straight team smash is not removing the orignal 12 wether jigglypuff is relevent or not we all know she is not getting removed if we were going on relevence lets get rid of capton falcon or ness or better yet there hasn't been a metroid game out in a wile lets get rid of samus is that really what you want

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The difference between Falcon Ness & Jiggly despite they all have Smash Brothers O12 status, is that Falcon is THEE face of Smash Brothers. You don't see that much fan-base about Jiggly that you do to Falcon who has fan-base all over the place.

But this is coming from someone who wants Ness & Jiggly in. I know some veterans will be cut I just don't think it would be those 2.

Edit: Welcome to SmashBoards @Foujen :shades:

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the more evidence I'm seeing, the more I'm convinced it's real, the people crying fake are not convincing me as much, I think we can safely say our dearest puffball is back in the game and rejoice about it!

Jigglypuff more important than Ice Climbers confirmed!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, I have to admit, if it's the same leak, I think it might be fake too. Why wouldn't Doc. Mario be an alt costume if their going to the trouble? People have pointed out Game and Watch's arm going into Wario's panel. Eh, I take everything with a grain of salt I guess...

Last edited:

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I have to admit, if it's the same leak, I think it might be fake too. Why wouldn't Doc. Mario be an alt costume if their going to the trouble? People have pointed out Game and Watch's arm going into Wario's panel. Eh, I take everything with a grain of salt I guess...
Game and Watch's arm actually gets cut off, Wario's shoulder is pretty dark, so it only seems like it's his hand. I'm also assuming Dr. Mario would be like Lucina, different enough to justify his own slot. I hope the leak is real, because I like the picture of Jigglypuff, but I'll be skeptical, hopefully tomorrow's POTD sheds some light.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm assuming the leak is false so let's move on past that.

Personal wanted changes to P-Jiggles (my suprise Main) for Sm4sh
1) REST IS RETURNED TO MELEE STRENGTH
2) Aerials are returned to Melee Strength
3) Smashes are back to Melee speed.
4) One up special alt that uses Dazzling Gleam to stun the enemies, so opponents can't button mash out of it like sleep but with some drawbacks
5) The other up special alt can be used for actual recovery
6) The crown returns.
7) The Kung-fu headband returns.
8) Puff-Up is changed to another Final Smash
9) Her dash speed is upgraded.
Do whatever you want with the alts for the other 3 specials, whatever you want for the other costumes. Just please, bring me back my Melee Tuff Puff with some extra fairy love in her alternative specials.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ Burruni Burruni
I fully accept your subjective changes for her Sm4sh setup. Albeit I cannot assure you on her returning Melee Status based on the 3DS / WiiU demo for Fox having a lot of changes done to him & his Usmash was not granted that buff he had from Melee either. They will most likely re-vamp & change her up. That said none of your Melee points to return to her can be guaranteed but are still understood. And thank, you, BasedBurruni for the UpB custom alternate to be actual recovery, my hat tips to you. The alternate accessories you wanted imo should return as well, lots of fans enjoyed those alternate palettes. Puff-Up to that large degree of size while is / was fitting for the balloon pokemon to use as a FS, it's not canon to her in neither the games nor the anime she used to debut in. All of the developers are making the pokemon fighters more accurate to their series from their respected games as a result, concluding with the high chance she'll get a Fairy move for a new FS. I don't get the point of an upgraded dash speed unless you mean to improve it to fit her floaty queen of air status game-play.

So finally that wraps up my reply to all 9 of your points. Wish us the decent of heart for her inclusion to be a spectacular one.

Burruni

Smash Hero
@ Burruni Burruni
I fully accept your subjective changes for her Sm4sh setup. Albeit I cannot assure you on her returning Melee Status based on the 3DS / WiiU demo for Fox having a lot of changes done to him & his Usmash was not granted that buff he had from Melee either. They will most likely re-vamp & change her up. That said none of your Melee points to return to her can be guaranteed but are still understood. And thank, you, BasedBurruni for the UpB custom alternate to be actual recovery, my hat tips to you. The alternate accessories you wanted imo should return as well, lots of fans enjoyed those alternate palettes. Puff-Up to that large degree of size while is / was fitting for the balloon pokemon to use as a FS, it's not canon to her in neither the games nor the anime she used to debut in. All of the developers are making the pokemon fighters more accurate to their series from their respected games as a result, concluding with the high chance she'll get a Fairy move for a new FS. I don't get the point of an upgraded dash speed unless you mean to improve it to fit her floaty queen of air status game-play.

So finally that wraps up my reply to all 9 of your points. Wish us the decent of heart for her inclusion to be a spectacular one.
I perfectly agree.. it's what I'd like, but not what is exactly likely.. I was so infuriated being so incapable of doing anything with Rest or trying to make a proper Wall of Pain with Jiggly for Brawl when she was such a quality character nobody played in Melee. I feel like Dazzling Gleam is a perfect Sing alternative for similar properties while giving the room for her an up special alt not screwing over her players when they click it out of reflex.
Her Final Smash felt... slapped in, it fit a Balloon Pokemon, but it was somewhat lackluster for Jiggly herself. It could stay, but considering that Kirby's mediocre one got changed, maybe we will see this of Jiggly.
Finally, her dash/running speed in Brawl was cut back to I believe the slowest of the entire game, or second only to Ganondorf which made it incredibly hard for her to have any hopes in the Neutral game when her range is that short. It's honestly the least-"needed" of the changes I listed.
Just... both of my Melee mains got so badly nerfed in Brawl despite being so "niche" to play, and I want to see them both have true threatening capabilities again.

Top Bottom