• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff In Lag

Metatitan

Smash Master
Well all other character boards seem to have this type of thread. It's obvious lag assrapes puff. But how does lag help you specifically (cuz think about it im sure pound isnt too bad in lag)? How does it hurt you? Please discuss.

Metatitan

Smash Master
pound approach works finally xD

lag ***** pple who are good at rest, it ***** bair spacing and it ***** fast falling (which u have no idea how much i use fast falling :()

Veril

Frame Savant
All the above comments are true. Lag messes up just about every technical aspect of jigglypuff's game. It makes rollout really deadly, which is lame in dittos (lame to begin with), and makes charging smashes actually a reasonable tactic. I hate lag. I sometimes find it extremely difficult playing Air and Meta due to the poor connection (coast to coast = fail).

That said, low levels of lag are manageable.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I personally think Jiggly isn't badly affected by lag. I just find it more harder to land rest, and it messes up my rollout ~_~ (ironically..lol) I sd sometimes with rollout because of lag...it's harder to momentum cancel it midair and harder to change directions on the ground quicker...

Veril

Frame Savant
I personally think Jiggly isn't badly affected by lag. I just find it more harder to land rest, and it messes up my rollout ~_~ (ironically..lol) I sd sometimes with rollout because of lag...it's harder to momentum cancel it midair and harder to change directions on the ground quicker...
What do you mean by momentum cancel? Rollout does not cancel your momentum and there is no way of canceling its momentum in the air. I assume you mean slowing it down.

Seriously, WHY do you think jiggly isn't badly affected by lag? Support your statement please. (are you secretly a Marth main or something lol)

well i wish i had low lvl lag, i always get the medium to overkill kinds.
I've played with all levels of lag, from basically lagless blue connections, to OMG wtf game freezing levels of lag. There is a really huge impact on Jigglypuff as lag increases.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i've only played in yellow to red( frame only) battles. i've never had anything higher than a decent yellow, and thats rare.

but i know lag screws w/ JP about as bad as Fox. Fox just gets some wifi combos

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
What do you mean by momentum cancel? Rollout does not cancel your momentum and there is no way of canceling its momentum in the air. I assume you mean slowing it down.

Seriously, WHY do you think jiggly isn't badly affected by lag? Support your statement please. (are you secretly a Marth main or something lol)

I've played with all levels of lag, from basically lagless blue connections, to OMG wtf game freezing levels of lag. There is a really huge impact on Jigglypuff as lag increases.
Yes I meant slowing it down lol. I fall off the edge alot with rollout so to prevent sds I slow it down, but lag makes me sd sometimes -___-

And I don't think Jiggly isn't that bad in lag because I play wifi all the time maybe? xD I rarely play offline, and I've played other characters that are way worst such as hevyweights...like my D3.
And well in lag, if you're in the air as Jiggs you can her di can be used to avoid getting screwed over i guess..

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Yes I meant slowing it down lol. I fall off the edge alot with rollout so to prevent sds I slow it down, but lag makes me sd sometimes -___-

And I don't think Jiggly isn't that bad in lag because I play wifi all the time maybe? xD I rarely play offline, and I've played other characters that are way worst such as hevyweights...like my D3.
And well in lag, if you're in the air as Jiggs you can her di can be used to avoid getting screwed over i guess..
If you fully charge a rollout, it's not likely that you will be able to make it back to stage, due to the mechanics of the move. I think it's more to do with the move than the Wifi. Unless you're charging it for like one second and doing that...in which case, "wow". :)

Where lag messes me up is when it makes me do stupid things, like when I end up running directly into an Ike's fsmash.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Jiggly is affected by lag... but i think it just affect her deffancive part (Spacing, Dodging and Blocking) resting online is insanely hard... I'm like an Online only Jiggs so i've kinda based my tactic to the online system so i don't feel the lag affects her that much, but still i think she's hold back more than most of the other characters

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Lag sucks, what is wrong with Wi-Fi, why can ps3 have lagless matches with TENS of players.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
why can ps3 have lagless matches with TENS of players.
I Lol'd.

Anyway, I pretty much refuse to use Her Majesty online. I play an aggressive/reactive game with her and it doesn't work online. Most of the reasons have already been posted on why she fails online.

Lag > Jigglypuff.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Honestly? Lag doesn't hurt Jigglypuff as much as it does some other characters. It really depends on the lag.

What I hate though is the lag johns I get. Especially when the player johns about lagging, but all of their kills being rollout kills. Pisses me off to no end.

Veril

Frame Savant
Your post was useless. Please support why you think my post was useless.
Lol, you made a statement that had absolutely no substance to it (twice). 100% opinion, contributing nothing but fluff, ie. useless.

"Support what you've said" should be enough. "Flames your stupid knee jerk response"

People have mentioned moves affected, her spacing, etc. You mentioned and added nothing at all. You didn't even comment on those statements.

If you fully charge a rollout, it's not likely that you will be able to make it back to stage, due to the mechanics of the move. I think it's more to do with the move than the Wifi. Unless you're charging it for like one second and doing that...in which case, "wow". :)

Where lag messes me up is when it makes me do stupid things, like when I end up running directly into an Ike's fsmash.
Statement + support = not useless OMG

Veril

Frame Savant
Best analogy EVER:

I was in my school's parking lot and I got hit by a car backing up. I got tossed... some short distance... and pretty bruised and cut up, but no major injuries. Now, this was all due to a stupid b**** on her phone not paying attention.

Now, lets say instead of a 21 year old guy, I was an 11 year old girl (jigglypuff). And instead of getting bumped by a car, the car had time to accelerate to such speed that I was vaporized (rollout). That's lag.

rinoH

Smash Lord
to me you just need to spam rollout at about 100% against any character and Pit is probably worst online imo i get killed so many times when i think i can WoI low on the stage it changes my momentum and SD's me and with pit you cant approach with fair anymore
10johns

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i make other jigglys hate using rollout, if u have an obsessive rollout problem ask me to a match. after a few sets you'll be cured...garanteed

Metatitan

Smash Master
woody just shields your rollout and grabs. I prefer punishing with OoS nair; it's safer and if u hit with the sex kick you can grab them after :)

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Yeah like +90% of the time I use rollout, it's fully charged (I only use uncharged for lulz and mindgames) but most of the time I don't sd because if you press the opposite direction you're going midair it ends rollout faster (or makes it slower i think?)
however wifi makes me sd every once in awhile ^^;

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Some aspects of jigglypuff's technical game are critically hindered, such as methods used to get rest in, spacing (kind of), DI/SDI, punishing things that only take a bit of skill offline, and others mentioned earlier in this topic.

However, some moves gain some to much importance. Dair is one. It's harder to get out and respond afterwards, even when shielding, so jigglypuff has some liberties to follow up with another attack, grab, or even another dair.

Pound is easier to hit with, because they have many less frames to respond, and by the time they see it come out, even if they have quick reflexes, it's hard to position themselves for the defense.

Rollout's better, but it's still pretty bad to more skillfull players. I use it just for kicks and giggles if I actually predict right and hit someone in the air from it (usually guess when they're going to jump and time it then, or the tippy top of their shields)

Working around shields is a lot different on wifi, because it'll be very hard to time your bairs. That's why I think dair is more important against lots of characters online than bair spacing is, even though bair spacing isn't nerfed too bad online.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Yeah like +90% of the time I use rollout, it's fully charged (I only use uncharged for lulz and mindgames) but most of the time I don't sd because if you press the opposite direction you're going midair it ends rollout faster (or makes it slower i think?)
however wifi makes me sd every once in awhile ^^;
Oh, then yeah, that's just how a fully charged rollout works. :p

PND

Smash Champion
Best analogy EVER:

I was in my school's parking lot and I got hit by a car backing up. I got tossed... some short distance... and pretty bruised and cut up, but no major injuries. Now, this was all due to a stupid b**** on her phone not paying attention.

Now, lets say instead of a 21 year old guy, I was an 11 year old girl (jigglypuff). And instead of getting bumped by a car, the car had time to accelerate to such speed that I was vaporized (rollout). That's lag.
Veril interrupted the car and teched the ground. Too pro. XD

I think the biggest issue with lag is just that is messes with bair spacing. Sure it makes certain things good and others bad, but I find bair spacing online is practically useless. That and her grab game is damaged, it makes playing her online nothing like offline.

The other big issue? Powershielding and dodging (air and ground). In lag it's really hard to utilize these without a lot of foresight or luck. They are so monumental to her, and well, everyone's game that not being able to do it completely changes the way the matches should be played. Matches aren't defensive, like they are offline. That's probably the biggest change in her online game, it pays to keep the pressure on.

Veril

Frame Savant
if your peach you can, floating Dair......
Peach is basically like, f lag, I've got wtfhax priority on a multihit move with an awesome hitbox. And I float. Jiggs is like, "Oh s***, FLEE!" That's my experience vs. lag peach.

No John's. It gives you time to see how she can potentially combo (strings of attacks, whatever) you if you don't react properly.

Top Bottom