• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
If they don't trip, they can just hold shield during the Dair, which will perfect-shield the Rest. If the opponent trips during Dair, they can't stop the Rest in any way.
Now that I think about it, I've seen people shield out of it before; but even at later percents can they still do that? Only seen at lower %'s for me
Is Air release>DACUS legit on mk....or anyone? Who are the puffs whose vids I will learn something from?
Jiggs can't force an air release on anyone unless she grabs them off an edge 'cause she's too short. It's a pseudo combo on mk but he has time to react.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
k thanks for that noob (lol!)

and @ woodman
what do you mean by b-stick pound?
B-sticking with Puff allows her to use a plethora of odd momentum-changed Pounds by holding the control stick in certain ways while Pounding with the B-stick. Some of the pounds SEEM to get added distance and height when used properly.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Though it should be noted, his comment was probably just him trolling you rather than a good piece of advice.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
no you can fade out of the hitbox and punish it. a snake player will usually react to the sudden movement and uptilt before the pound hits...thus missing because of the delay

Noobicidal

Smash Master
read your post again and tell me if it makes sense. *pictures pounding with the c-stick* phail
What he was trying to say is that nearly all of the wavebounce, B-reverse, and other such Pound shenanigans can be performed without the use of a B-Stick, although it's quite a bit harder due to the inputs.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
no you can fade out of the hitbox and punish it. a snake player will usually react to the sudden movement and uptilt before the pound hits...thus missing because of the delay
Oh, sorry then, I didn't know that you were serious. And I guess you mean B-sticking backwards. Actually, that sounds like I good idea, to be honest.

What he was trying to say is that nearly all of the wavebounce, B-reverse, and other such Pound shenanigans can be performed without the use of a B-Stick, although it's quite a bit harder due to the inputs.
This is true. It is, in fact, possible to do all b-sticking techs without the b stick set.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Hey how do you beat MK's tornado? Ive heard that if use nair at the top it'll beat it, but I don't see how that's practical at all when he uses it as an mixup approach and its too fast for me to jump up and with jiggz slow fall speed nair him. I'm getting crushed by players who mix it up and I always have to jump up to beat the nado, but then once they get me above them they use their insanely quick uair and I simply can't win :/. How do you deal with it in this matchup? I need a better way to beat nado or a way to deal with his uair or I don't see how this is winnable at all.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hey how do you beat MK's tornado? Ive heard that if use nair at the top it'll beat it, but I don't see how that's practical at all when he uses it as an mixup approach and its too fast for me to jump up and with jiggz slow fall speed nair him. I'm getting crushed by players who mix it up and I always have to jump up to beat the nado, but then once they get me above them they use their insanely quick uair and I simply can't win :/. How do you deal with it in this matchup? I need a better way to beat nado or a way to deal with his uair or I don't see how this is winnable at all.
I don't know off the top of my head as to what move beats Nado outright, but your best options are to either SDI out (since you'll only take 2-3 hits or so due to Jigglypuff's weight), or SDI into MK and Rest him out of Nado. Uair is a nasty move, but luckily MK won't be able to chain Uairs on us.

As for the match up, it was never winnable in the first place. The select few who advocated that it's only 40:60 MK's favour were silly for thinking so.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
You can SDI tornado? OK, I just looked at a summary by a guy named PND and the moves that can beat it are apparently nair, pound, dtilt, and dair from the top. I don't count rest because its too impractical and although I'm sure some of you can, I can't land it on a nado by a good player. I knew about nair and he says it beats it from any angle and I'm pretty sure that's just plain wrong along with pound, I have definitely seen my pound lose to nados, also dtilt is near useless because they always lift off the ground a little bit and dair is in the same position as nair he says you have to be on the top of nado to beat it. Maybe my pounds were just stale, but now after looking at what we have I really don't see any reliable way of countering nado:/.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You cannot SDI tornado as it doesn't have hitlag. You can hope that you get out early, you will most of the time thanks to your weight.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, the hits on Tornado have a very low SDI multiplier. I'm not sure if it's actually a zero multiplier, or just very low like Squirtle's d-air, but if you do get out, it's most likely not thanks to SDI.

Tornado isn't much of a problem for Jiggs though. I'm pretty sure Pound has a big enough disjoint to hit through it. If not, aerials from the top will work. N-air won't beat it from any angle, but if you can fall onto him with n-air/d-air/f-air, you'll hit him out. Doesn't even have to be from a 90-degree angle either, as long as you're above him. Hard to explain without diagrams, which I'm too lazy to conjure up.

Even if you do get caught in one though, it should be difficult for MK to follow up. Tornado again is silly... just d-air him out of it. If he's using u-air, drift sideways to escape him. You have a huge horizontal aerial mobility advantage over him... you should be able to "outrun" him in the air easily.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Does anyone know how that happened?

I swear, that was gonna go in my combo video...but I'm the one who got combo'd. :(

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Does anyone know how that happened?

I swear, that was gonna go in my combo video...but I'm the one who got combo'd. :(
Me and Veril looked at Sing's momentum transfer ability around a year ago or so. The main reason why we did is so that we could intercept strong moves and send opponents over the edge while they were still sleeping, hence the name "Singicide", or something to that idea. While the idea ultimately failed, we did see a couple neat things.

Basically, you have to time a Sing pulse before a move's hitbox comes out, and during a frame in which the opponent is transferring a good bit of momentum with an attack (Bowser's F-Smash, Ganon's F-Smash/WLP, Samus' F-Smash). If I recall correctly, intercepting Warlock Punch sends Ganon the the distance of either SV or FD.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So it needs frameperfect timing, but it can gimp some chars near the ledge?
In ideal situations, yes. For example, you could Sing Link's F-Smash, make him slide to the edge, and then hit him with say, a sweet-spotted dash attack.

I do want to stress how small the timing window is, and how risky it is to attempt.

Edit: Before anyone makes a big deal out of this, keep in mind that we don't get a frame advantage from pulse one until 200%. Also, Pulse ONE activates on frame 29, which means you can Sing Warlock Punch on reaction.

Amazing, I know.

T-block

B2B TST
U-throw if they're particularly susceptible to juggling.

B-throw/f-throw if it will send them off an edge.

Otherwise, my default is f-throw - not sure why.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes. Also, if there isn't any good throw, just use the least used one like dthrow to maximize the damage.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Didn't feel like starting a topic but has anyone tried b-sticking with jiggz? It makes rising and falling pounds a lot simpler all you have to do is hold up or down while pounding with a side-c. However, holding up can sometimes override tap jump off. Rollout is just about impossible but the b button still works for that. Also I don't think it makes rest faster but it feels a little more responsive. Just throwing it out there.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Didn't feel like starting a topic but has anyone tried b-sticking with jiggz? It makes rising and falling pounds a lot simpler all you have to do is hold up or down while pounding with a side-c. However, holding up can sometimes override tap jump off. Rollout is just about impossible but the b button still works for that. Also I don't think it makes rest faster but it feels a little more responsive. Just throwing it out there.
B-sticking allows Puff to perform arguably useless Pound shenanigans at the cost of not being able to precisely attack mid-air, DACUS, or T/SDI. While all of these things can be done without their respective stick, I'd much rather lose one slightly useless ability than three of her most needed ones.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you can't do wavebounce or reverse pound or rising or falling one, then change the char.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yo guys. I'm a really good jigglypuff main. Not only self declared, but ranked. If you guys wanna see some good matchups then feel free to check out my channel, where i am writing a new matchup thread for jigglypuff, having to go more indepth, and using alot more low tier characters. Also, versing good players... not scrubs.

my URL is www.youtube.com/user/JigglyMink5229... myself "Wow.... it can happen" /url][/COLOR]

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The Q&A thread is a place for asking questions and answers, NOT advertising your channel unless it's actually relevant to the current question, which it isn't.

T-block

B2B TST
It's fine, Noob.

I think Woodman uses b-stick iirc, so you could ask him why. He says it's easier to Rest on reaction, along with making the Pound tricks easier.

Using C-stick makes using d-air appropriately a lot easier I find... sh d-air especially, but it's not exactly hard to do without it either.

Top Bottom