• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Jigglypuff Competitive and Metagame Discussion

Flippant

Smash Apprentice
So I think I found a random buff from the patch. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that sour spot DA now jab resets.

Gr4pefru1t

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Octorock
So I think I found a random buff from the patch. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that sour spot DA now jab resets.
DA has multiple hits, so it'd have to hit 1-3 times and can't be the last hit before it stops working as a reset. Difficult, but entirely believable!

Flippant

Smash Apprentice
so it'd have to hit 1-3 times and can't be the last hit before it stops working as a reset
Uhh could you be more clear what you mean here? I am talking about hitting with just the sour spot hitbox. I don't think her DA can hit with multiple hitboxes at the same time

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Its pretty good.

So no jiggly puff changes confirmed (other than losing jab resets/jab locks??) ? I was really hoping for at least something like a combo throw or a DI mixup throw to compliment Dthrow.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Our grab game is really just meant for damage anyway. As it is, make sure to get a few pummels in and mix up your throws to squeeze the most out of it.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
No buffs actually, that's really strange that she went up so much. Although it is a user-based tier list, anyone can vote. Maybe a Jiggly fanboy voted Jiggs way up, who knows.

Gr4pefru1t

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Octorock
Our grab game is really just meant for damage anyway. As it is, make sure to get a few pummels in and mix up your throws to squeeze the most out of it.
That and for eliminating the neutral in your favor. The closer the other person is to the edge, the better. I personally use back throw a lot more than any other throw, with an occasional up throw if they're at high enough percent (150% and above? It's pretty outrageously high).

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I don't even think it comes close to killing around there...or anywhere.....none of our throws have, like, anything in terms of scaling knockback.

Flippant

Smash Apprentice
I don't even think it comes close to killing around there...or anywhere
Gr4pe is right, it is possible for up throw to kill at a decent %. You'd need rage, and a platform tho.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
To note, upthrow's KB increases are mainly due to raw percent and rage. It's based at 110 but scales at a crappy 30, which is why it doesn't kill well. The reason it's our best throw for KB though, is because of the damage.

Meanwhile, dthrow splits the 10 damage into two hits; Hit 1 has great base KB (100) but scales poorly (45), while Hit 2 has poor base KB (10) but scales excellently (130!!). In fact, it scales well enough that if it were given the whole 10% (rather than 4%) and actually threw at ~90 degrees rather than 40, it would kill earlier than ROB's upthrow. Instead, it takes like 300%.

Fthrow is the same way, it's split up into two hits where the second hit has good scaling (110) but only hits for 5% so it doesn't go anywhere. It even throws at the Sakurai angle, so it isn't even a bad angle keeping it back, just damage.

Bthrow is similar to upthrow but is just base 90 scale 25 instead (and throws at a diagonal).

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Our grab game was already weird to begin with :/

Where exactly did you get those values, perchance? If it holds stuff on other characters, we could use that for the rest percent formula.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I love Jiggs' dash it's waaay better than you'd think. Honestly, I just like how she has quite a few kill options in this game; even if a lot of them are harder to pull off.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Hey, could somebody point me towards a list of legal stages for 3ds? I want to start implementing stage striking and counterpicking with my friends, instead of us just staying on omega all the time.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
As much of a mess sandstorm ended up being, we did get some hbox puff videos so those will be up soon to study from.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
As much of a mess sandstorm ended up being, we did get some hbox puff videos so those will be up soon to study from.
Really? Where are those vids?
Also, LOL hbox doesn't care about sm4sh so i'm not sure we can learn too much from him

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Really? Where are those vids?
Also, LOL hbox doesn't care about sm4sh so i'm not sure we can learn too much from him
I have no idea where the vids are and when they will get uploaded, they are in someone's hands in MVG lol.

Even if he isn't super familiar with smash 4 and its characters, it'll still have tons of things to learn from and at least think about why he chose those options in that situation and if there were better ones
hbox fell out of winners first round and was eliminated losers round 4
yeah and he lost to my boy funkermonster in pools (won the run back in bracket). Megaman/Puff is pretty damn hard for puff

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Looking at the post itself, it seems the infraction was because you claimed it was confirmed without actually showing any proof.
I noticed that now, when I got PM'd they didn't tell me that, but if you look at everyone else's posts claiming facts, they didn't post proof. Especially the first 3 pages.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Using rollout when the stage slopes downwards shows a very definite increase in both speed and power. I killed Kirby on the lower section of Corneria at 70% (and it sent him straight up, too...Like his Warp Star went haywire or something :3)

Top Bottom