• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JCCC Brawl Tournament - Kansas City, KS - May 24th

Cups

Smash Ace
what about the legendary Sacagawea match against Chu at Pound 3, in which the darkrain falcon kicked his way to victory over the ICs

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
One more question about the tournament. When it says bring your own controller, does that also reffer to your name, or will there not be enough time to input the names? I'm mainly asking this because I use costom controls on the Wii remote and Nunchuck, and my controls are a bit strange.

only1Z

Smash Champion
The only game that's allowed a non-default control scheme in tournament is GG.....I wonder if brawl will ever be big enough to consider such a ruling....

*You're only allowed to add 1 button, but keep the rest default in GG btw

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
The only game that's allowed a non-default control scheme in tournament is GG.....I wonder if brawl will ever be big enough to consider such a ruling....

*You're only allowed to add 1 button, but keep the rest default in GG btw
Sorry, is GG Guilty Gear or is it a different game? Also, when you can add one button, that means you could change down on the d-pad to jump right?

darkrain

Smash Ace
You can input your names and use whatever settings you want, I know if you use the wii-mote you can import your names from your controller so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Marcus bring your wii and brawl...anyone who has a brawl setup should bring it. We have plenty of melee discs among the crew already so don't worry too much about that...

EDIT: good **** cups I forgot about that, I took $1 from chu dat once in a brutal money match, nana loves the falcon kick

only1Z

Smash Champion
And then you went on to have possibly your last amazing streak for a melee tournament in pools. Didn't you obliterate PC after that too....and had to fight chu again?

*GG is guilty gear, there's a cancelling system called Roman cancel and Forced Roman Cancel, which uses up 1/4 - 1/2 of your tension meter. The way to do a cancel is to press 3 buttons at once, that isn't Hard Slash, which leaves Punch Kick and Slash. I dunno how the ruling started or anything, but it's generally hard to hit it at the right time to pull of a roman cancel, let alone 3. So you're allowed to reassign one of your empty buttons to a P+K+S for RC's.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
And then you went on to have possibly your last amazing streak for a melee tournament in pools. Didn't you obliterate PC after that too....and had to fight chu again?

*GG is guilty gear, there's a cancelling system called Roman cancel and Forced Roman Cancel, which uses up 1/4 - 1/2 of your tension meter. The way to do a cancel is to press 3 buttons at once, that isn't Hard Slash, which leaves Punch Kick and Slash. I dunno how the ruling started or anything, but it's generally hard to hit it at the right time to pull of a roman cancel, let alone 3. So you're allowed to reassign one of your empty buttons to a P+K+S for RC's.
We're talking about GGAC right?

only1Z

Smash Champion
The roman cancel has been in since atleast XX as far as I know, probably in the first X

Dr.Dronicus

Smash Rookie
Great games tonight everyone. Next time I'm bringing a Kirby that's stronger, faster, better than he was before.

Ment

Smash Rookie
Well, the results are:

2v2 champions: Darkrain and Dmac
second place team: Chxr and Flux

1v1 champions: Darkrain and Chxr, they split the pot due to time constraints
second place: TTT

now, these were the names on the Bracket, if I got anything wrong, sorry, but these are the results I know of.

Me and Stealth Raptor are shooting for another in July, check the KC/Lawrence discussion board for details in the future, or we will post it here, or something.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did darkrain run the tournament? Does anyone have the brackets? And who did the top eight play?

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
great games every one. my biggest weakness....melee stages lol im gonna get my diddy up to par and ill be back, also there maybe a wichita tourne coming up pretty soon, ill keep everyone posted.

Cups

Smash Ace
GCSG was recording the whole time. Duck and Stealth Raptor were taking photos the whole time along with some others. Most of the KC/Lawrence crew ran it, mainly alongside Stealth Raptor and Duck, who were the main organizers, with their group GIG from JCCC. Our crew has a lot of experience running tourneys, so we mainly just helped with setting up brackets and making sure everyone was where they need to be. If you guys haven't been to very many tournaments, that is probably one of the best venues you will ever be in, and we hope to hold another in the future. Also, it was amazing that it only went about an hour late, that too never really happens since it usually goes about 3-4 hours late.

Ment

Smash Rookie
yes, TTT was DK

anyways, thanks for the compliments, and thanks to Darkrain for helping run the show, I learned a lot, once stealth leaves JCCC in the fall, i'll be running the club, so, i'll keep you guys posted for next year.

oh, and the brackets should be saved on Stealth's computer, but it went a bit screwy towards the end. I'll try to get with him about posting them, if they still exist.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Darkrain used DK

Chexr used both Kirby and Wolf

TTT used DK

This was a fun tourny, guys. Too bad I didnt enter singles, yo. TTT and I got 5th in teams :/

Jace08

Smash Lord
Good games to everyone I played; it was a heck of a lot of fun. Affinity you have a really good MK, I never should have switched to Pit against you in that third round in the singles bracket.

So Stealth and Duck kind of covered this already at the tournament, but for those who didn't hear: The JCCC gaming club (GiG) has held meetings throughout the school year where we all got together and played Brawl on campus. Stealth is trying to organize meetings that we can hold over the summer, and now that we've had this tournament we hope to get more people coming to these meetings.

So if any of you who live near the college want to step up your game and practice more for upcoming tournaments, let Stealth know that you're interested in coming to our Brawl meetings. We're still figuring out the right times to hold them, but it will probably be bi-weekly.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Thanks for the compliments. We are shooting to host one at the end of the sumemr. I need to check my own schedule before I can finalise a date. I hope I can make this a twice a year tourney. As for the results..... The 2v2 brackets were done on paper which I dont have. I do know that Darkrain (DK)/Dmac (Fox) won first place, and Chexr (Wolf)/Flux (Marth) won second. I don't know how far I am supposed to go, so I will supply the entire results of the bracket. If I don't have a char for you or credited a wrong one to you, let me know, and I will change it.

1) tie (time constraints) darkrain (DK) / chexr (wolf/kirby)
3) TTT (DK)
4) phatgamer (G&W)
5) tie smeash (peach) / SDM (ROB)
7) tie seanson (Lucas) / chris i (G&W)
9) tie karmacide (snake) / duck (ROB) / affinity (metaknight) / dmac (fox)
13) tie bozzar (ddd) / john (wario) / jace (falco/pit) / attackstorm (falco)
17) tie flux (marth?) / pyro (lucario) / massive (ness) / paradox (?) / jturley (marth/tink) / stealth (pikachu / IC / ROB) / xion (sonic) / zeno (?)
25) tie lowki (?) / tico (?) / nynja (diddy) / ashen (metaknight) / murn (?) / papermarkis (metaknight/PT) / vars (?) / legan (Link)

I would also likie to give a big thanks to the people from minnesota, driving hundreds of miles to come to our tourney.

EDIT: I will post a thread in the midwest section which will have all the information about our meetings, as soon as i can get rooms for it.

The_Loki

Smash Apprentice
That venue was amazing and that was a great job getting both tourneys done (kind of) on time.

Good job TTT representing STL.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
good games to every one i played! it was really fun and the venue was the best ever. the turnout was pretty good too 80!

thanks to the hosts darkrain, raptor

here is the footage i got for the losers finals im very sorry i missed the first stock of the first match(technical issues) that was the 0 to death TTT pulled off too lol.

i couldnt get the grand finals because of course there wasn't any due to time constraints

match 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkU1_aNySrs

match 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caWM59L8XY

match 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXoQrFcdlk

match 4 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5cbPP5Quk

match 5 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOiWUeo_nQ

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I can swear I saw at least two Lucas players around, but I think both of the Mother characters have a bit of a stigma after the Marth thing. I saw a rather unfortunate Ness player be devastated in pools just because of that too; he won the first match in the set, got counterpicked on, and then was forced to use someone other than Ness which doomed him.

By the way, I'm Chris I (I thought entering with an online alias would be awkward, but I probably will use one in the future), and I can say it was a fantastic time. This was really an introduction to the tournament scene for me, and I'm amazed that I made it as far as I did. The competition was all good, and the wide variety of characters used was incredible (there were maybe 5 or 6 character I didn't see used out of the cast of 39). I look forward to you guys posting about when you meet up; I'd love to brawl with you guys some more in the future. I do have a bit of anxiety that the main reason I made it as far as I did was that I was using a broken character, but I guess picking a character is just another part of the game.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Great, another Brawl tourney dominated by Snake with a side of Meta-Knight, fantastic. What a horrible, totally unbalanced game. Wait a sec--you guys, ur doing it wrong.

But seriously, a shame I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a fantastic tourney.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
The funny part is, DK and ROB were the dominaters lol. Kirby also made a big splash.
Onto a more serious note.... people, please check your stuff as two items went missing. A copy of Wii Sports is missing (I don't know who it was that was missing it) as well as a grey memory card. The memeory card has a circular holographic sticker on it, covering a gash. it has melee data in it which should have Duck at the top.this belongs to duck. If either of these are found, pm or post it.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I remember someone asking around on the mic for owners for both items, but I don't remember who was doing the asking. So yes, they have been found and someone has them.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
The funny part is, DK and ROB were the dominaters lol. Kirby also made a big splash.
Onto a more serious note.... people, please check your stuff as two items went missing. A copy of Wii Sports is missing (I don't know who it was that was missing it) as well as a grey memory card. The memeory card has a circular holographic sticker on it, covering a gash. it has melee data in it which should have Duck at the top.this belongs to duck. If either of these are found, pm or post it.
ITT: jokes about dmac and other dude yelling out "WHOSE WII SPORTS/MEMORY CARD WITH HOLO STICKER IS THIS!?"

Top Bottom