• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaxel, 8WayRun, comments on APEX

RATED

Smash Lord

I'm sure the Smash community *****ed when fighting games were on because they wanted to see Smash on the stream. But you are lieing if you think the FGC wouldn't do the same exact thing ten fold if Smash came on during the Seasons Beatings stream, or something.
Oh god I would love seeing that in a Seasons beatings or some big event like that. Smash, just because of seeing the people at the stream being MAD SALTY

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sf players trash marvel for being easy, capcom players trash non-capcom fighters for not being capcom, 2d players bash 3d players, 3d players bash 2d players.
lol too good. Stream/board monsters in the FGC hate every game that isnt the one that they play, just like alot of smashers hate every game that isnt brawl/melee/64

Both sides participate in it, and both sides have the same complaints about the other (not showing respect or caring for the other side's games, etc.) You just hear from it from FGC more cause they're bigger and appear more in the nerd media (aka streams and youtube)

oh well, I play smash and AE/KOF, so I aint even mad

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Good insight! I'm very impressed by how much you were able to deduce as a spectator. :)

on the topic of friendlies: good assessment. We are a needy bunch, but I'm afraid not much can be done about it. We don't have online-play, so the opportunity to play players from different regions is too rare to forgo. Also, at least for Melee, the pure technical nature of the game requires players to constantly be warmed up. At big tournaments, with a limited amount of setups, we often have to do rotations so when you take a few TVs away for other games, that makes our rotations be 8 people per TV (aka a match per 30 minutes; very annoying and nearly impossible to warm up on) rather than 3 or 4. We don't like that so we ***** and moan. I know its unreasonable, and I know its frustrating for TOs, but it is what it is. Trust me when I say that smashers would rather there be NO tournament whatsoever than not be able to play friendlies for the entire weekend.

on timeliness: also a good assessment. Naturally we always strive to be better and more organized, so you won't find us talking about it much, but this is SO SO SO true. The main reason for this is that our community is old and experienced; I wouldn't be surprised if a third of the smashers in that room have held their own tournament before. Our tournaments run themselves for the most part; you hand a group of players a pool sheet, they play their matches, and hand the sheet back. Then, when the bracket comes, players just walk up to the podium and see who their next match is, play it, and then report the results. Leaders in our community always take new players under their wing really quickly, so whenever a new kid has questions they usually ask a vet rather than the TO; and that saves a lot of time. Players travel in groups/carpools, and there is generally a vet in the group making sure everyone does everything they are supposed to. I suppose because we don't have the "celebrity" of the FGC, we have a much more intimate relationship with our new players, and that helps things run quickly. After all, just look at smashboards; top players post here all the time and I don't think thats nearly as true for SRK. You guys are way better on social media though and I wish we could learn from that.

on running smash and FGC games together: its a logistical nightmare. We use CRT TVs, you guys are HD. We have gamecubes and Wiis, you guys have PS3s and 360s. And most importantly: you guys have thousands of people, and we have thousands of people. Any major running smash and Marvel/SF side-by-side is going to have major space issues; beyond the fact that we can't share setups, we are just both monstrously huge. For EVO (for example) to run both smash games, they'd probably need an even BIGGER venue. And how many venues are bigger than EVO's lol? What, do you want a second ballroom? A football stadium? Integrating smash isn't like integrating MK, SC, or KoF. It takes a lot more work.

The original thought behind having a smash tournament with FGC games integrated came from complaints from smashers that they are sick of dividing their time between FGC games (notably Marvel...trust me, a LOT of smashers play Marvel and you wouldn't even know it) and smash. Since the FG and Smash communities are wholly separate, they simply can't be at 2 events at one time so they have to choose. Some stick with smash, some go to the FGC (as you pointed out). Either way, its a lose-lose situation for both communities because potential entrants are lost. So the smash community took initiative. We didn't have to; APEX was already overcrowded, but we decided to because we have to give to get a little...despite whatever tension, there have probably been more FGC events with smash included than the other way around. We gave you guys a dedicated stream for a day, and top 8 for both games on Sunday. Also, we didn't presume to know how to run your tournaments (or make your rulesets aherm) so we handed a lot of the work to a FGC guy. Whether he did a good or bad job is beyond me, but the point is the EFFORT was there. There was a genuine desire to make sure the FGC kids are as happy as the smash kids. I don't think any other event has ever had that sentiment.

I think we are going to have some more FGC games at our events from now on, simply to appease our Marvel players. But at a certain point, I think the relationship will end. I don't think there are many people with the best interest of both communities at heart, and I don't think any major integrated grassroots event can succeed without that. Maybe its for the better I don't know, but growth in either community is so marginal compared to the esports machine that I don't know how either of us expect to compete with them and stay divided......the hurt feelings are very strong, on both sides. You can talk **** about Brawl, they're used to it (and some of them agree) but people get super sensitive about Melee. Its like insulting Brood War, MvC2, Third Strike, or Super Turbo from a position of sheer ignorance...we don't want to be your friend anymore if you say **** like that lol. Those guys you saw on stage? Captain Jack and Isai? We grew up idolizing them. So the insults cut deep, even though most of us are grown *** men now. We do our share of mudslinging too, maybe more, so we are totally to blame for the tension too, but at least understand why everyone is so sensitive.

D

Deleted member

don't know if Jaxel will read this but:

Smash may have only ran behind 3 hours, but at what cost? MANY PEOPLE got ****ed by incorrect seeding, some people got extremely lucky seeding.

I mean you stress that finishing 3 hours behind is amazing, a godsend. But it's more akin to being behind on finishing a project as fast as you can to make up lost time. As a result, your final product is very sloppy, sure it can still be ran pretty well for how quick and sloppily you were running stuff, but many people got screwed over, but thank god the top players for the most part still got the top spots and who cares about those who are not top level!

Regardless of whether you think 3 hours behind is good or not, quality took a hit. As a Melee player who attended all the days, all I could do is watch as I literally experience SO MUCH wasted time ( and later a severe degeneration of tournament running and overall quality), then later seeing numerous mis-seeds and other errors as TO runners tried their hardest to make up for lost time.

Sorry, but I disagree on point 1 that we are "overreacting" about smash being late by 3 hours. the TO's running it had to work their *** off to make up for lost time and quality of the tournament as a whole took a huge hit.

I mean I literally SAW what could have been done better. A huge problem was that we only used 1 of 2 big *** rooms for the first 2 days!! wtf!

==

you say the FGC communities delay more than 3 hours. Does that include a severe drop in fairness and quality of the tournament? If so, then fighting game community tournaments must seriously suck ( i have no idea since the only console game i play is Melee)

I will respond to your other points

also, as an aside, do not take what PEEF says as a representation of the smash community as a whole. In terms of your discussion about APEX, Melee, and the FGs at APEX, i both agree and disagree on different parts. I'll get back to you in a bit

===
POINT 2: Marvel and smash

I sincerely do not care about smashers involved with marvel or any variant. Although marvel 2 is amazing. So pretty much skipping this

====

Point 3: DMBrandon

I am not surprised that DMBrandon sucked. Afterall, on the first day, he was kicking people off of setups wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before the tournament actually started running. He literally gave people eviction threats and worked on a 3 strike system. Not surprised at all at his failures!

===

Point 4: Coaching

I personally was put on a match on a stream on the big stage. Round 2 winners for melee vs armada. I completely understand where you guys are coming from with coaching. However, I was "coached" by mango. or rather, just given moral support. That's really all Mango gave. The most gameplay relevant advice he gave me was not even really directly gameplay related. He really just told me to don't worry about my mitsakes, and tells me after the fact that I could have done this or I was playing better first match.

to put it simply, his coaching was not DO THIS, DO THAT. That is a horrible violation IMO and coaching of this kind should be outlawed. Thus, I don't see a problem with the "coaching" I got which is moral support.

To be honest, I think Mango sitting next to me just got me more nervous and did not help me at all lol..

Now i realize Mango was not the only coach, and I am not positive, but most "coaches" probably operated in the same manner. That's just my impression. I have no real proof. But these are guys I trust that won't grime the system.

==

Lastly, PLEASE DO NOT LUMP MELEE PLAYERS WITH BRAWL! A good number brawl players (thankfully not all) are part of a cesspool of filth. Not only do they literally smell filthy, but go to the Apex results thread and watch almost every brawl not shout out their homeys but instead talk about money, the metaknight ban, etc. Why is the first thing that comes to your mind not the homeys you hung out with?

Also, in my opinion, Melee is much better, just like in my opinion sf3 > sf4, mvc2 > mvc3, sc1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sc2, and so forth just my opinion though

==
If Jaxel does not see this, please relay the message to him. I honestly still do not know who he is and today is the first time I heard of him, but I feel that he is not getting the whole picture and should at least get it from one Melee smasher's perspective who experienced Apex

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Johnny, I won't talk about APEX since I wasn't there, but overall, trust me when I say we are super efficient comparatively (we can be better though!). Think of it this way: a typical smash major has 600 people. Those 600 people are then split up into 6-8 man pools for each game. After the initial pool, there are then 2 subsequent pools and a double elimination bracket. Nowadays the double elimination brackets are becoming bo5. Around 75% of those 600 entrants also enter teams, which is ANOTHER double elimination bracket. There are also hype money matches, friendlies, and side-events (Project M, Smash 64, low-tier, amateur bracket) the entire time. Its a point of pride for smashers; we make our events a gauntlet.

All of this in 2, maybe 3 days.

Thats absurd.

No other game does that. No other game even comes close. There is a reason other communites run straight bracket bo3...

We can do all this because our events run themselves. Its awesome. In that sense, integration with the FGC would be easy but also we've come to expect so much awesomeness from every event that we're dissappointed if its any less.

D

Deleted member

you think its fine that its "EFFCIENT" when it ****s over people? I would rather have delays then have unfair brackets. That's seriously not right and is spitting in the faces of people who spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars just to get gheyed.

It's not right, and "time saved" should take a backseat

==

unless ur saying apex was not only one of the most time efficient tournaments, but also the FAIREST? does every other tournament including the FGC tournaments blow complete ***?

==

apex was over on sunday with plenty of hours remaining, I would easily take a 7-8 hour bracket delay with non-****ed up brackets ANYDAY

==

also, @crimson your wall of text is very good and I agree with virtually everything

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Johnny, I said I'm not talking about APEX. I'm saying the smash community IN GENERAL is way, way more efficient than any other community I've ever seen. Its ****ing true dude.

My whole point is that the negative of being so historically efficient is that when you have that same efficiency but reduce the things that generally come with it (friendly setups, a fairer bracket, bigger pools, etc), smashers get mad. We want it all because thats what we expect out of our majors. Unfortunately, with so many entrants from so many communities, sacrifices had to be made. This is the cost of integrating with the FGC without getting a MUCH MUCH bigger venue.

There were probably 1200 people in that venue. A venue which was previously used for ~500 people in 2010. I think its a god damn miracle anything got finished.

D

Deleted member

oh lol my bad i'm combining what jaxel and you are saying and ****ing up while trying to take notes in class all at once
==

i don't know what you mean by historically efficient. With some exceptions, the older nationals did not **** up this bad in terms of being unfair in seeding. very few bracket-unworthy people made it to bracket, and vice-versa.

==

clearly, im not happy with it was pretty good. Even if it was "pretty good," it EASILY could have been so much better. Something as simple as HEY GUYS LETS USE BOTH ROOMS INSTEAD OF JUST 1.

this "pretty good" (to me the tournament running aspect was terrible) tournament could have been SO much better.
==

im rambling now. pce

Signia

Smash Lord
Well I told Jaxel and some others to read this thread for laughs earlier today in the 8WR chat (remember I'm a Soul Calibur player) but there's actually some good stuff in here now.

My thoughts on Jaxel and your responses:

I was actually surprised players don't play casuals at FG majors. I had no idea smashers played so much more casuals than them, as I've only gone to one major for SCIV, and at tournaments like 2GG at Long Beach, all tournaments seemed to work the same way no matter what the game was. I didn't get to play everyone I wanted to at the SCIV major I went to, and didn't feel like I got enough matches in. I didn't realize that was par for the course in non-smash tournaments!

Online play doesn't have anything to do with this, btw. Online play is not considered real competition, and if anything, playing someone online just makes you want to play them offline even more. If Melee players had online no one would care except casual players, because you wouldn't be able to play Melee with any kind of lag. Remember we get bothered when we aren't playing on CRTs? Online would lag at least 3 times worse, and if it was GGPO, rollbacks would not be acceptable in a fast paced game like Melee.

The thing I find the most odd is that casual matches are played during the tournament, yet things run efficiently. Sounds like the best case scenario to me! Unless it gets in the way of other tournaments.

Coaching? Dumb for doubles, normal for singles... just not on the stage

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just thought of something.

Imagine if Wii U gets Melee on virtual console. Wii games are playable, so Brawl's in there. Then, it gets ports of SF, Marvel, MK and all the other fighting games. Madcatz releases their sticks, and GC controllers for the Smash community for Wii U. We would now be able to share consoles and TVs.

Smash and FGC living together! Mass hysteria!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Wii U has no GC ports
Yeah that's why I mentioned Madcatz releasing a special GC usb controller compatible with Wii U. RIP official GC controller :(

It might be the best we could get for playing Smash on Wii U. I know Markman (in charge of community relations at Madcatz), I'll hook it up!

D

Deleted member

hope jaxel at least reads and responds to my earlier comments. still have no idea who he is though!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
hope jaxel at least reads and responds to my earlier comments. still have no idea who he is though!
He was responsible for running the stream attached to the main stage. He's also the one who does the streaming for Juice Gaming's Concentrate series.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I don't like Jaxel acting like he knows about the smash community because he's run a couple streams for it. It seems like he didn't even know how the event was run yet he was quick to blame people for what happened.

NNID
Budget_Player
Compared to other fighting game communities, you guys are "on time".
That's... ****ing scary.

Also, on the topic of friendlies: they're pretty important for the community. Taking away our practice time... You'd better have a pretty good reason. Just sayin'.

i don't get the whole "coaching should be banned" aspect of this thread. coaching definitely seems like it's more support than actual coaching since in game adjustments are only made by the player. people are acting like it's a broken tactic.

on a positive note, i think it shows how the smash community is willing to help out and support a friend during crucial play. i don't think coaching breaks the game, especially if both players are allowed a coach.
...Did you see Melee grand finals? Armada was pounding Hungrybox, and then Seibrik started coaching. All of a sudden, Hungrybox turns it around and wins three in a row to take the first set. Excuse me, but I really don't think that's a coincidence, especially when Hbox even mentioned to the commentators that Seibrik was "magic". Coaching is a big ****ing deal. You no longer have to deal with playing and reading; you can rely on your coach to point out opposing habits to you, to an extent. This is incredibly valuable in smash, a game where making reads is ridiculously necessary.

Yes, the FGC does the same thing... but not to the DEGREE that the Smash community did it. The other problem is the Smash community did it with THEIR OWN GAMES. "This isn't Brawl, **** Melee!"
Yeah, we get that a lot. The problem is, Brawl and Melee are very, very different games. If you look at who placed well at both events, or hell, who entered both events, you'll notice that there was like, one person who did well in both: Mew2King. That's... pretty much it. Brawl and Melee are like Brawl and Street Fighter: Yeah, on the surface similar, but the communities are completely different with very, very small overlap. I've never even met about half of the German smash community because I never go to melee tournaments, and about 80% of those guys never go to brawl tournaments. Of course, such interaction is not really encouraged, especially when you have crap like this constant "Melee is better, Brawl players are little kids" bull**** being spouted. I have nothing against the melee community, but when crap like this slips by without anyone calling it...

Lastly, PLEASE DO NOT LUMP MELEE PLAYERS WITH BRAWL! A good number brawl players (thankfully not all) are part of a cesspool of filth. Not only do they literally smell filthy, but go to the Apex results thread and watch almost every brawl not shout out their homeys but instead talk about money, the metaknight ban, etc. Why is the first thing that comes to your mind not the homeys you hung out with?
...Are you ****ing serious? Are you ****ing serious?! You really want to go down this route? I really hope this was a bad joke that I didn't get, but somehow I doubt that that's the case. I don't want beef with the Melee community, but I will say that if ever was time for someone to make an example, this would be it. There is no excuse for spouting inflammatory crap like this.

It's the same problem as with the FGC: why do we want to interact with people who really want to degrade us like that? If one community is hating on your favorite competitive title and you for playing that title, are you enticed to join that community? Of course the Smash community is isolated; we're also ostracized, and it doesn't seem to be getting much better. The infighting certainly doesn't help. I have no beef with melee, and I have no beef with melee players who aren't total ****s. Unfortunately, those who actually open their mouth on the subject most often are the ones with the opinion that's going to piss me off, rather than those who just passively support both communities.

To be honest, when I saw traditional fighters on the stream, I wasn't that bothered – sure, there was supposed to be another stream, but whatever. What really pissed me off was all the bragging about how MvC3 had more viewers than melee and brawl, and how Smash was a party game... Learning that we missed every set with Mr R. in it so that these guys could get their time on the stream was not a positive influence on my mood either. I'm sorry, but when it comes to the largest, most hyped brawl tournament in the history of brawl, where almost every single person in the bracket (and at the very least every single person who wins round one and many of the losers as well) is an absolute monster of a player, there is no excuse for only streaming top 8. Same with Melee. After seeing how this went down, I really wouldn't mind if the FGC just stayed home at APEX 2013. I mean, there's probably some financial or practical application I'm missing, but all else being equal, Smash and traditional fighters just don't mix well.

...Speaking of no excuse: Melee Grand Finals. God, and I thought brawl was slow. We need a rule that if Hbox and Armada meet in bracket, the set is a Bo1. It'll last about as long as the typical Bo5. :awesome: I swear, grand finals lasted longer than USA vs. The World.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with those last two paragraphs.

I was laughing so hard when I first read that comment. It's exactly the type of statement that makes the general FGC community hate us. And here he is trying to prove them wrong. What a joke.

s2j, please stop posting.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
U stop posting bich

:phone:
heh lol

Joking or not, he doesn't speak for the entire melee community guys, but I understand where brawl players are coming from since I've personally seen how melee has been shafted time and time throughout the years by the FGC. It's just pretty hypocritical for melee players to complain about it then turn around and do the exact same thing to brawl players. Don't get me wrong. I'm not much of a brawl fan myself. Most of my dislike comes from the game's system direction and even then, I don't really go off preaching it to brawlers. I'm pretty sure they get enough of it from both the melee(it always seems to be the new school melee too lol) and the FGC.

Although I don't agree with coaching, I don't appreciate how Jaxel completely forgot to mention that between matches, the players have to go through a 4 step process of counterpicking before the next match can begin.

There's also the issue that I already mentioned to him where it's not so much that people were forced to watch X hours of the game they didn't like, it's more that people were forced to miss X hours of their game because the tournament was run so poorly that the schedule for each game overlapped with each other. It's a fair point in my opinion, but Jaxel kinda twists it in a way that makes the Smash community look extremely ungrateful.

Djent

Smash Champion
heh lol

Joking or not, he doesn't speak for the entire melee community guys, but I understand where brawl players are coming from since I've personally seen how melee has been shafted time and time throughout the years by the FGC. It's just pretty hypocritical for melee players to complain about it then turn around and do the exact same thing to brawl players. Don't get me wrong. I'm not much of a brawl fan myself. Most of my dislike comes from the game's system direction and even then, I don't really go off preaching it to brawlers. I'm pretty sure they get enough of it from both the melee(it always seems to be the new school melee too lol) and the FGC.
I appreciate hearing that, Mike G. I think it's also silly when Brawl players take posts like his and say, "See? All the Melee players are douchebags who have it out for us!" The more I observe both communities, the more I realize that people only see what they *want* to see in the other. We should also be to the point where we can have civil discussions about the problems with each game (Brawl mostly, but not even Melee is perfect). It's sad that there are still people who assume you're a bad person because you play a game they don't approve of. This goes for Melee players, Brawl players, FGC members, or anyone really.

NNID
Budget_Player
When I say "we should make an example of him", I don't mean "let's hold this up to show how ****ish the Melee community is". I mean "Let's hold this up as an example of exactly what neither of our communities should do".

Djent

Smash Champion
When I say "we should make an example of him", I don't mean "let's hold this up to show how ****ish the Melee community is". I mean "Let's hold this up as an example of exactly what neither of our communities should do".
FTR I didn't mean to single you out, as this is a sentiment I've seen echoed elsewhere. Either way, thanks for the clarification. :)

BSP

Smash Legend
IMO, there's should be no place for mid-match coaching. One of the aspects of being good is being able to read your opponent and catch their habits. Players need to do that themselves.

Between match is ok I guess...

Oh, and the infighting is really stupid. Smashers know melee and brawl are separate, but to everyone else, unfortunately, we're just "Smash". I don't mind melee players not liking brawl, but them bashing brawl with the FGC doesn't get either game anywhere, and only makes "Smash" look worse as a whole :L

You don't even have to defend brawl if you don't want to, but bashing it gets Smash nowhere.

heh lol

Yes, this.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When marvel came on the big screen, i actually watched it since I do keep up a little with MvC. I even tried yelling some trash talk for the lulz since I've watched a bit of MvC streams so I knew some stuff like "Dark Wesker" and stuff...

Dunno why people gotta hate a game just cause its not the one you play... I think playing/keeping up with various games can benefit a guy.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yes, the FGC does the same thing... but not to the DEGREE that the Smash community did it. The other problem is the Smash community did it with THEIR OWN GAMES. "This isn't Brawl, **** Melee!"
that is because unlike marvel and street fighter in which the creators support the competitive gameplay smash is much less fortunate. brawl is essentially the opposite of what we wanted for the third iteration of smash. the games are COMPLETELY different in meta, required skill set, technical ability. they often don't appeal to the same players. there is also a slight age gap between melee and brawl player. people generally enjoy watching the fast paced action of melee but often react towards brawl very similarly to melee grand finals (melee players react this way). aka they don't support or want to see it on stream.

the chat went both ways, I actually felt really bad when I logged in during street fighter, I don't play or generally watch the game but I figured I would patiently wait for melee/marvel to come on. I saw just as much, probably more"smash sucks, its not a real fighting game" as "booo! we want melee" it was sad because the chat was composed of like 45% melee 47% **** smash and only like 8% pro street fighter. just one thing that bothers me just a tad, people always lump melee and brawl together and say smash and then just ***** about MK. it just comes off as a bit ignorant (not pointing fingers), its quite alienating. instead of watching the stream and enjoying the game that was on people kept trying to throw viewer count during melee as an atrocity, ignoring that the viewers that normally frequent that stream were fgc.

which low key leads me to say that there is a reason there isn't a lot of integration with other games. smashers simply don't feel anywhere near connected with other fighter, and I've found that in general people put years into a craft and are still not given much more than a party game sigh. this on top of technical things like tvs, gc/wii vs newer gen consoles.

friendly matches is all that keeps our communities thriving, we can't play online, we have to play in person. I know online isn't really considered competition, but its something, at least if you are isolated you can still play somebody. and we gotta warm up to play at the level that we do, plus everybody is the homie and since we flew in from all over the world, why wouldn't we want to take advantage of all the talent. its like hanging out and playing our favorite game with our other best friend who lives in new york, or california, or sweden. get the most out of the trip.

coaching iir had been soft banned, we really just get caught up in the hyp3. initially it was u going up with your homie by your side, and naturally they root for you, and it just gets low key carried away and morphs into coaching. I agree that it can definitely pose a problem. imo should be addressed in the recommended ruleset.

we bash brawl because we don't find it fun and I think we are still salty about the hype followed by the biggest let down of our lives lol. we shouldn't do it, and we really don't have an excuse to continue doing so. similarly to how the fgc shouldn't bash because we are non traditional. it hurts both communities.

:phone:

NNID
Budget_Player
When marvel came on the big screen, i actually watched it since I do keep up a little with MvC. I even tried yelling some trash talk for the lulz since I've watched a bit of MvC streams so I knew some stuff like "Dark Wesker" and stuff...

Dunno why people gotta hate a game just cause its not the one you play... I think playing/keeping up with various games can benefit a guy.
Because Mr R. didn't get any stream time. :glare:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Honestly whenever I see stupid arguments like Melee vs. Brawl and Trolls and Stream Monster hating on each others games, I just close the chat.

D

Deleted member

about my previous crass posts:

i have nothing to say for myself. I'm sorry. I was going to edit them out but I got banned. Long story short, I will indeed stop posting here.

I will drop some pennies though before I leave:

I don't see why Melee and Brawl should hold hands and get along. Afterall, 95% of the Brawl community makes me sick both literally and figuratively (they smell like absolutely dookie at tournaments, thank god for split rooms)

as opposed to 95% of the melee community being cool. There are some cool Brawl players I have met though, but they are very few and beyond.

This has nothing to do with the actual game of Brawl btw, but just based on the community alone makes me wish people stop asking Melee and Brawl to band together.

In a similar vein, I understand, but don't agree with people wishing Melee (and smash overall I GUESS... SIGH...) got validation from the Fighting Game Community (which is a very lame generic term, like despite the FGC being 5-6 different games they are all apparently 1 homogenized entity that all like ****ty 2d/3d fighters (mvc2/sf3 are AMAZING, however... but they are sadly pretty much long gone in America)

why want to be acknowledged and included in a group that loves playing mediocre at best games ? lol...

whatever. Bye. sorry for my needlessly rude comments. Hope Drexel understands that Apex was possibly one of the worst national tournaments by Melee standards. Being 3 hours late isn't good at all if runners decide to sacrifice quality for time

Top Bottom