• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Tier List by SHI-G March '15 (Version 1.0.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Also, Marth isn't good so stop crying about him.
How to anger all Marth mains in second while claiming a character is bad just because you can't play him right. ;)

Customs shouldn't ever be in tournament so I wouldnt worry about it.
Don't.. why did you have to say that? You know that's a huge debate right now. Everyone does. This is why the Smash meta hasn't been developing as much as it could be and why it's not as big as it could be.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
this thread keeps getting better and better.

Please keep this coming guys. Im bored at work and this is pure gold.

D

Deleted member

The only reason that people see Wii Fit Trainer as a bad character is because

1. People don't play her aggresively enough
2. People don't play her offensively enough
3. People are reactive over proactive
4. You don't go offstage to secure a kill, but try to edgegaurd like a fagg*t
5. You don't use your Side-B to repel edgeguarders in the event that you wind up on the ledge
6. You probably haven't tried Wii Fit's U-throw -> Nair (or Uair) combos
7. You don't even make an effort to combo or play aggressively on your opponents when they are in midair, you just sit around.

If you all corrected the Great Seven Mistakes (or the Seven Great Mistakes), then you could find success not only in Wii Fit Trainer, but also in other characters as well, despite how unbalanced this game is.

D

Deleted member

Ignore this wonderful duplicate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Must you be so condescending?
they were condescending towards me in the first place and i was flamed then baited. On the contrary im being quite nice about this.

The reality is that my integrity was called into question for no other reason then misplaced expectations placed on me due to my status as THE marth player to speak to about the hero-king.

I will not placate anyone. I speak plainly about my thoughts and i feel i made myself pretty clear regarding my stance on marth. And then my skill/knowledge gets called into question with no basis or reasoning.

Thats why this is lol to me.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
That was extremely blunt and tactless, but i would not call it condescending. Semantics as i know what you are trying to say.

Still doesnt excuse people personally attacking me.

On topic: tiers are not popularity contest. They are a ranking of chars in terms of their ability and how strong they are at thier full potential or what we percieve as their full potential when played at the highest level aka the metagame. Tiers dont make a char good. A char is good and we recognize that and thus rank them higher. Some chars are obviously godlike and made to be that way. Look up ivan ooze is god tier on youtube and you will get my meaning. Some chars do take more work however and those chars can take years to develop. It just depends on the game really and how deep the char is.

Grass

Smash Lord
That was extremely blunt and tactless, but i would not call it condescending.

I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is, if you can't even respect the character you play, you have no reason to judge others on what they believe. Not only is that hypocritical, that is also 100% BS. It's quite sad for those who play a character and still claim he/she's bad. If you don't like how the character plays, how about you just stop playing the character. It's that simple lol. I'm rather appalled that you think just cause we call you out on your BS you claim that we're flaming and baiting you. Despite your claims as one of the most knowledgeable Marths on Smashboards, you sure seem to act holier than thou.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman

I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is, if you can't even respect the character you play, you have no reason to judge others on what they believe. Not only is that hypocritical, that is also 100% BS. It's quite sad for those who play a character and still claim he/she's bad. If you don't like how the character plays, how about you just stop playing the character. It's that simple lol. I'm rather appalled that you think just cause we call you out on your BS you claim that we're flaming and baiting you. Despite your claims as one of the most knowledgeable Marths on Smashboards, you sure seem to act holier than thou.
He does respect the character he plays, that's why he acknowledges the weakness in it, something not a lot of people do. I main Ganondorf but by no means is he a good, nor do I think he's that great. The fact that someone mains a character means they know the ins and outs, pros and cons, viability, and, ultimately, judge the character accordingly.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136

What does my statement about a characters abilities have to do with my feelings towards that character?

What you said makes no sense and these two ideas have no correlation.

What BS? The BS where I make a statement based on what we have seen in the metagame thus far and what I know about Marth and since you as a Marth main find that unacceptable you make a claim that I can't play the character right? Which is not even in question. It's not relevant to the discussion. My skill level, or yours or anyone elses is not relevant to this discussion. We are talking about his tools. Nothing more.

Also..what? YOU claimed I was the most knowledgeable Marth before I did.

At first I was having fun, but now I am beginning to question your intelligence.

Grass

Smash Lord
Wouldn't be Smashboards without it!
truly

He does respect the character he plays, that's why he acknowledges the weakness in it, something not a lot of people do. I main Ganondorf but by no means is he a good, nor do I think he's that great. The fact that someone mains a character means they know the ins and outs, pros and cons, viability, and, ultimately, judge the character accordingly.
acknowledging a character's weakness does not mean you should just flat out say "x character is ****. That's it, nothing more."

He was definitely blunt about it. But I think it's just I really don't like how he speaks of his own character. One should have some pride in the characters that they use otherwise they seem like a hypocrite. Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'll drop this discussion here.

Last edited:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
How to anger all Marth mains in second while claiming a character is bad just because you can't play him right. ;)

Don't.. why did you have to say that? You know that's a huge debate right now. Everyone does. This is why the Smash meta hasn't been developing as much as it could be and why it's not as big as it could be.

Okay. How could the meta be more developed? Wouldn't it be less developed with customs?
-there would be more confusion and every character would be that many more times complicated to understand.

-many debates over banned customs or content , it would be many times worse than simply complaining about diddy.

-too many choices to enjoy the game. (If you don't have a job maybe this won't be much of a problem for you)

Wouldn't it make more sense that the all precious "meta" be more understood when the game is less complex to begin with? You think adding 3+ or so moves to each character as options is going to move things along faster????!!! Bogus.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I see you In alot of threads man. You are someone who seems simple and honest about what they mean. You call people out on their bull**** all the time and you don't change your stance on things easily. I never see you insulting anyone.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
i think you were just bugged that you heard someone say Marth sucks.
As a Charizard/Bowser main. I can understand enjoying a weaker character. (at least the charizard side of it)

I think you should have some pride over the character you play most with. Unless you're Diddy. Seriously if you're a tournament goer and you main Diddy consider yourself Un-original. Everyone is hoping the other guy wins just because they don't want to see such an overplayed developed character take the goal for a change. Yuck.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Please don't triple post..
I read 3 different things I wanted to comment on and I couldn't help myself. Sorry gent.

You never responded though to what I had directed towards you. I appologize if it sounded hateful, because now that I look back at it , one could take it that way easily.

Last edited:

benbenius

Smash Rookie
I don't understand why everyone says Luigi should be higher than Mario. Mario has the cape, which I feel is really OP, especially for edge-guarding.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I am not hating, but I would place jigglypuff in high c or low b, maybe mid c. And I think fox should be in b.
I actually think Fox is fine at A- because what separates him from the characters below him is his brain dead ability to rack up damage effortlessly with his jab lock. He's not good enough to be A tier though (mid or high) because of his predictable recovery and falling speed making him combo food and easy to intercept, though the latter falling speed is a double-edged sword that helps him immensely with follow up ability.

Without jab lock, he would be B tier no question. However, his jab lock is too good, it's basically character and percent specific wobbling. Don't get jabbed!
(we remember :popo:)

For example, Diddy after he's at 40% gets trapped, Fox can bring him to 95% just by pressing A twice per second. On Falcon, at 100%, Fox can lock him and follow up with a guaranteed U-smash, making rage-Falcon a non-problem in the matchup.

I think A tier is fine, and honestly, I think the Japanese tier lists so far are the only ones to have gotten Fox's placing correctly. He's not the laser shooting shining beast he used to be, but he's still a speedy damage racking little monster.

Also, why are you all arguing with Emblem Lord... lmao. He pours his heart into that character despite how they gutted him. Liking a character does not mean you have to say he's good: Emblem Lord recognizes the character has a ton of shortcomings in this game and doesn't sugar coat it.
If you all think Marth is better than what the Marth main is saying though, then prove him wrong by going to tournaments and placing. Internet warriors fight with words, real og's take their words to the Battlefield (or whichever stage) of Smash.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
While Mario has better gimping Luigi has better recovery and combo ability. His slippery physics can also lend to being a bit trickier to space yourself against him but that is me grabbing at straws.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
Okay. How could the meta be more developed? Wouldn't it be less developed with customs?
-there would be more confusion and every character would be that many more times complicated to understand.

-many debates over banned customs or content , it would be many times worse than simply complaining about diddy.

-too many choices to enjoy the game. (If you don't have a job maybe this won't be much of a problem for you)

Wouldn't it make more sense that the all precious "meta" be more understood when the game is less complex to begin with? You think adding 3+ or so moves to each character as options is going to move things along faster????!!! Bogus.
You're right, choices are terrible and ruin the game. In fact, we should just remove all choice and make everyone play as Fox on FD, I'm sure the meta would develop way faster that way.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Luigi has better reward on hit and from a grab, better recovery, better neutral game and better zoning.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
*sigh* I find it horrible that Falco would rank so low, despite what he can do for combos, killing moves, pokes, and pressure. :(

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
You're right, choices are terrible and ruin the game. In fact, we should just remove all choice and make everyone play as Fox on FD, I'm sure the meta would develop way faster that way.
I'm glad you can read , but I think you lack comprehension. Read it carefully before you respond. I never said any of that. I can see what you were trying to do...but just don't.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you can read , but I think you lack comprehension. Read it carefully before you respond. I never said any of that. I can see what you were trying to do...but just don't.
Unless "too many choices to enjoy the game" has some hidden double meaning, I'm pretty sure I comprehended your post just fine, bud.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Unless "too many choices to enjoy the game" has some hidden double meaning, I'm pretty sure I comprehended your post just fine, bud.
You're picking out a small part of a bigger quote. Just like fox news.

Just sit down and be quiet.

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
This tier list is pretty rough haha
I say just make the best out of whatever character you have and stick with it. A tier list should not govern what characters you should be playing; it just takes the fun out of the game. That is just my opinion though.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
You're picking out a small part of a bigger quote. Just like fox news.

Just sit down and be quiet.
You know, you're being kind of rude? Especially considering what your saying makes no sense at all.

This tier list is pretty rough haha
I say just make the best out of whatever character you have and stick with it. A tier list should not govern what characters you should be playing; it just takes the fun out of the game. That is just my opinion though.
I agree, but the purpose of a tier list more-or-less is just to spot the most likely characters to win a tournament, not a strict "____ is better than ____" list. :)

4. You don't go offstage to secure a kill, but try to edgegaurd like a fagg*t
Um.. no comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom