• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Tier List by SHI-G March '15 (Version 1.0.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
It doesn't really...It's something useful, but won't be the thing pushing him higher. Nair (or something) would fit the whole hidden-weapon aspect better. And plus, the spike can only be done when he's almost literally right on top of them.

Last edited:

GummyBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
XxAdamGBxX
ok
S :
:4diddy:
A :
(High):4sheik: :4yoshi: :4sonic::rosalina:
(Mid):4wario: :4villager::4zss:
(Low):4fox:

B :
(High):4ness::4falcon::4mario:
(Mid):4pikachu: :4luigi::4rob::4megaman:
(Low):4pacman::4pit::4duckhunt:

C :
(High):4darkpit::4lucario::4greninja:
(Mid-High):4dedede::4tlink::4olimar::4metaknight:
(Mid-Low):4peach::4bowser:
(Low):4bowserjr::4littlemac:
D :
(High):4shulk::4miibrawl::4palutena:
(Mid):4gaw::4link::4drmario:
(Low):4miigun::4jigglypuff:

E :
(High):4robinm: :4falco::4dk::4kirby:
(Mid-High):4wiifit::4myfriends: :4ganondorf::4samus:
(Mid-Low):4zelda::4charizard::4marth:
(Low):4lucina::4miisword:

ThePrincessZelda

Smash Rookie
Hmm. This list isn't too bad. At least my mains are higher than in Brawl. As much as I liked Brawl I do agree that it screwed over pretty much all of the characters. And this is only the Japanese list, so maybe the American list will give me what I'd like. *fingers crossed* Not that I expect much different.

Crystallum

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crystallum
I think Jigglypuff deserves to be analyzed again after the Hbox play but decent tier list

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Etika brought me here. Anyway I REALLY don't get why Lucina is so low. Do ppl in Japan hate her because she has identical moves to Marth's? Honestly I think Little Mac should be a lot lower because his recovery is really sub-par.

Troykv

Smash Master
Etika brought me here. Anyway I REALLY don't get why Lucina is so low. Do ppl in Japan hate her because she has identical moves to Marth's? Honestly I think Little Mac should be a lot lower because his recovery is really sub-par.
Well... Something help Mac the Japanese Style... They only play in the competitive scene in Final Destination, Battlefield and Smashville

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Japanese be like: Pikachu weak. Pikachu can't fight.

PIKACHU WHOOP YO' ASS!! :4pikachu:

xFenixPT

Smash Rookie
This tier list is weird. Like, really weird.

Luigi and Doc lower than Mario.
*Brain explodes*

Last edited:

xFenixPT

Smash Rookie
Why is Dark Pit lower than pit. He should be one spot below or the same spot cuz well... HES PIT IN DARK CLOTHES!!!

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Use the edit button to avoid double posting...
Dark pit is pit with less versatile arrows, a worse FTilt, and a different SideB.

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Why is Dark Pit lower than pit. He should be one spot below or the same spot cuz well... HES PIT IN DARK CLOTHES!!!
Pit-Main here. The answer is simple: Pit and Dark Pit differs in two aspects like day and night. Regular Pit is far more dangerous with his arrows (you can curve and annoy characters so much that they won't have even a chance to recover outside the stage) while Dark Pits fSpecial is more or less a better killing option but reqiures more mindgames to pull it off. Secondly, Dark Pit is more a "offensive-only" character with much less focus on arrow-games while Pit can still do the offensive-part and fire his stuff more versatile.

Last edited:

conyete

Smash Rookie
https://game8.jp/matome/22362
(Version 1.0.2)
Please do not post comments hating on the tier list just because you dislike the placement of a character.

S :
:4diddy:
A :
(High):4sheik: :4yoshi: :4sonic::rosalina:
(Mid):4wario: :4villager::4zss:
(Low):4fox:

B :
(High):4ness::4falcon::4mario:
(Mid):4pikachu: :4luigi::4rob::4megaman:
(Low):4pacman::4pit::4duckhunt:

C :
(High):4darkpit::4lucario::4greninja:
(Mid-High):4dedede::4tlink::4olimar::4metaknight:
(Mid-Low):4peach::4bowser:
(Low):4bowserjr::4littlemac:
D :
(High):4shulk::4miibrawl::4palutena:
(Mid):4gaw::4link::4drmario:
(Low):4miigun::4jigglypuff:

E :
(High):4robinm: :4falco::4dk::4kirby:
(Mid-High):4wiifit::4myfriends: :4ganondorf::4samus:
(Mid-Low):4zelda::4charizard::4marth:
(Low):4lucina::4miisword:

Rules:
WiiU Singles
Items off
Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Omega Stages
2 stocks 6 minutes
Miis are default size, 1111 set.
(Not written in article, but customs off)

Voting:
Each of the 9 SHI-G members ranked each character as A-E, with A=10, B=8, C=7, D=6, and E=5. After the average of was taken, any character with an average score of >9=A, >8=B, >7=C, >6=D, and >5=E. Every member gets 2 votes for S tier; only a character with all members voting for it to be S-tier gets promoted to S.

S Tier Voting:
Diddy got the 9 votes needed to retain S-tier status. Shiek had 4 votes, while Sonic had 2.

Some Data:
The character with the biggest rise in score was Olimar, with +1.67, jumping from E tier to C tier. He had success at Apex and had his Pikmin AI buffed. Mario was a close second, with +1.62.
The character the worst fall was Lucario, with -1.82. The second largest drop was Jigglypuff with -0.8.
Mario, Captain Falcon, and Ness had the largest standard deviation with 0.994. (I think it's probably because they were debating between A tier which is worth 10 and B tier which is worth 8)

Quote from Tenuhe:
"In voting, I imagined a tier list where B and above is a placement where you can win tournaments straight-forwardly, C needs amazing player skill or gimmicky tactics to attempt to win a tournament, and anything D and below has their limit capped at top 8."
Marth is better and should be ranked higher... He has good match ups and is a good character overall. Oh and here's a real tier list based on player votes http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Marth is better and should be ranked higher... He has good match ups and is a good character overall. Oh and here's a real tier list based on player votes http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/
:rolleyes:
1. This is an old tier list, back when Marth was bad.
2. You're using the EVENTHUBS "tier list" as a good example? The same one that had Roy as #2 a while back and currently has Wario as 48th?
Eventhubs is open for anyone to vote, so it is definitely not made up of votes by players. It's mainly by people who play the
game casually/in For Glory, so the main voter base are not people who know the game/ the characters anywhere near well.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Eventhubs is only for those sad people that absoluty hate Wario, and wish that he could be a bottom tier.

.....But srrsly 90% of characters on eventhubs is way off lol

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
...you talking about a personal tier list and SSB64/Melee/PM matchups in a thread about an old Japanese tier list in the Competitive Forum part of the SSB4 forum.

Just FYI, personal tier lists (especially without reasoning) are discouraged here, and all of this should really be going on another thread.

Oh yeah, and double post.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Im gonna just leave this tier list of my own here, not in order.

S:::4sheik::rosalina::4luigi:
A+::4zss::4pikachu::4sonic::4falcon::4ness::4yoshi:
A::4mario::4diddy::4wario:/:4wario2::4pacman::4villager:
A-::4pit::4feroy::4ryu::4fox::4metaknight::4darkpit:
B+::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4kirby::4gaw::4rob::4megaman::4lucario::4lucas:
B-::4bowser::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4greninja::4falco::4peach::4olimar::4robinf:
C+::4tlink::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4drmario::4littlemac:
C-::4link::4shulk::4palutena::4mewtwo::4zelda::4charizard::4dk:
D::4ganondorf::4samus::4dedede:
F::4miigun::4miisword:
Anyone can rearrange if they want

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
:4feroy::4robinf::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends: should be more like :4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4lucina::4robinm:.
Also, what's Link doing in C-? Why's Lucario in B+ and C+? Why's Fox/Meta knight so low?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:4feroy::4robinf::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends: should be more like :4marth::4myfriends::4feroy::4lucina::4robinm:.
Also, what's Link doing in C-? Why's Lucario in B+ and C+? Why's Fox/Meta knight so low?
Fox and Meta Knight aren't really that low, Link...reasons, and Lucario I just fixed. As for the FE characters, I personally think Roy is the better one, and since I didn't put them in a specific order(like I said), I just put them next to eachother by how feminine they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom