• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Bazkip

Smash Master
ayyy lmao

http://gfycat.com/InstructiveFirsthandJapanesebeetle

will be making an actual post about this in a bit when I test percents and such
While that looks hella cool I can't imagine opportunity for it comes frequently. I guess your idea is to use it when edgeguarding but people are usually able to make it past the very edge, and also I can't imagine this is something that can be done on reaction, so it'd require a hard read. Doesn't seem worth it when we have plenty of other options that cover more situations.
Though it just occurred to me that this would definitely be possible to set up on platforms.

Oh also pls learn what deinterlacing is kthx.

Last edited:

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
While that looks hella cool I can't imagine opportunity for it comes frequently. I guess your idea is to use it when edgeguarding but people are usually able to make it past the very edge, and also I can't imagine this is something that can be done on reaction, so it'd require a hard read. Doesn't seem worth it when we have plenty of other options that cover more situations.
Though it just occurred to me that this would definitely be possible to set up on platforms.

Oh also pls learn what deinterlacing is kthx.
Lol sorry for **** quality, random dude had a dazzle set up so I asked to use it just to grab footage of this

And yeah, this is definitely not something I'm incredibly serious about. Super situational, very difficult to execute, and there are far better options in this scenario. More of a fun/style sorta thing. Also, I'm almost sure you can do it on reaction, Sheik's up-b is super laggy.

Bazkip

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3pleir/bug_a_ganon_in_the_player_2_spawn_position_can/

lmao this is hilarious
If you press right when you're in the stage, you end up on the main stage facing right, and if you hit left you end up on the platform. You can also hit down to end up on the ground facing left and crouching. Appears you can input specials and have them come out as you suddenly pop up. Inputting normals just results in you doing an aerial and dying though.

Can't wait to try to mindgame people with this lol

CORY

wut
BRoomer
drowned so hard in pools.

like, 0-2 every match hard.

: /

should probably play more than once a month, so i can actually practice the things i preach and not suck at them.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Why is Dedede allowed to be so strong
and have an amazing grab with that recovery

...Sorry, just lamenting over some unsettling events that occured over the weekend

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, he's gotta have something since he's (iirc) the biggest framed character in the game : /

Patcheresu

Smash Cadet
NNID
patcheresu
3DS FC
0903-2969-5351
I didn't see much on this and this is the Ganon social thread, so I wanted to ask if any of you have tried BronzeGreekGod's Project Ganondorf mod. (If you have a custom build or custom RSBEXX.gct file, use GCT Edit to add this code to the end for Ocarina of Time Ganon: 04AD8A64 00000142)

I wanted to ask because I'm trying to coordinate with the modder on how to best balance this mod and you guys know a lot more about what this kind of character (Sword Ganon) should have than me considering you play Ganondorf competitively here whereas I just play Old Man Slammindorf for fun friendly matches.

If it helps, here's a quick table I drew up of some moves and a first impression of whether I thought they were balanced.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I ignore it in its entirety, pretty much, because giving one character access to 3 different movesets at practically any point in the match is inherently going to be a balancing nightmare.

He also doesn't need that large an overhaul, so I have zero interest in it, tbh.

But, literally, that's just my opinion.

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
I've never been that big a fan of most Project M modding. Most alternate stages I've seen are tacky and don't at all fit my tastes. A lot of the skins are funky looking and I hate that everyone's music taste seems to be weeb OSTs and chiptunes. There's a setup at some of Richmond's locals that hurts my eyes; I try to avoid playing on it as much as possible. I think the Ganon mod is sort of silly and it always brings a wave of people onto this forum who say PM Ganon should be given a sword, or different movesets, or whatever. I think most people here are more interested in vanilla Ganon.

That said, the amount of work that's been put into that mod and the PM modding community as a whole is quite impressive and I respect the people that take the time to do that. I know the songs I have on my build don't jive with a lot of people, so whatever. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Pivot f-tilts are hardddddddd

and that's with PM's balls-easy pivots, can't imagine this in Melee
If you disable tap jump, you can empty pivot fairly easily by tilting the stick forward and diagonal, somewhere between 90 degrees (the top) and the following notch. It still requires enough precision that you need to go through the traditional process of labbing it and screwing it up in friendlies/tournament but at least once you get the muscle memory down it can be done with very high consistency.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
well, he's gotta have something since he's (iirc) the biggest framed character in the game : /
Yeah, that makes sense.

I'd say my general lack of experience with the matchup led to some rather seemingly one-sided situations.

Man, he could space that hammer well.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Yeah, and ddd does kinda just kill dorf with anything he dies once he gets us offstage. It's a pretty rough matchup if you don't know to respect his range the way much of the cast respects ours (especially his beastly grab range : o)

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Yeah, and ddd does kinda just kill dorf with anything he dies once he gets us offstage. It's a pretty rough matchup if you don't know to respect his range the way much of the cast respects ours (especially his beastly grab range : o)
It's a good thing I pocket Roy, who I didn't even know at the time was one of Dedede's worst matchups.

And sure, Dedede may be combo bait, but comboing is not exactly a ganon novelty.

Bazkip

Smash Master
I just noticed the 3.6 patch notes said that they "Extended reflect duration by ~3 frames"

I'm trying to figure out why there's a tilde, cause it's gotta be either 3, or some other integer value...

Edit: Turns out it was actually increased by two frames

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
The other day I noticed grounded Dark Dive goes higher than aerial Dark Dive. Is that a thing for the recovery moves of anyone else in the cast (barring Falcon)?
I don't understand why it would be like that.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Welp, that went much better.

fought the same Ddd yesterday, and had I not decided to screw around a bit, I'd have absolutely dominated. i just walked away with a few wins, and that was acceptable. kept things in check and realized D3 is really susceptible to flame choke followups and Fair spacing.

need to, however, stop going for the gerudo kick spikes as much as I do.

Last edited:

WowRood

Smash Rookie
Hello from Virginia. I am a not so skilled Ganon main with great desire to increase my skills (and talk to cool people). Never been to a tournament. Ever. Any basic tips?

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
What part of Virginia? MD/VA PM is an interesting scene to say the least. A ton of players of decent skill in the north that literally everyone in the country knows thanks to Xanadu, and then a smattering of other really good people across the state that are far less well known...

If you ever get a money match offer from a kid with a scraggly jew-fro and glasses who plays Lucario, or from a very tall pikachu player with long hair and weak facial hair, decline and save yourself $10.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Hello from Virginia. I am a not so skilled Ganon main with great desire to increase my skills (and talk to cool people). Never been to a tournament. Ever. Any basic tips?
You have, like, the best tag for a ganon ever. I hope you win every game via something massively disrespectful.

WowRood

Smash Rookie
So, almost no one in my school plays Project M, or even melee. There is a video game club, but we only play Sm4sh.

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
... Dude, I'm from Henrico, LMFAO

I know a TON of people in the area that play PM. Message me and I can add you on Facebook or something and connect you with people. Most stuff in the area is organized on the VCU Smash Club page, and there's weeklies in Richmond that usually have a pretty good level of skill in attendance - Redd, Milkman, and Reslived go pretty much every week, and Cyrain shows up once in a while.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
yo wait wtf

Why does Falcon get a hitbox to prevent low-profiling but we don't
**** you Falcon

I mean our upsmash is still a better move in nearly every other regard but... >_>

Essentially

Doctor Aids

Smash Cadet

Bazkip

Smash Master
Was playing Hyrule Warriors last night when I noticed one of Ganon's attack looked pretty similar to his fsmash. We've brought up the idea in the past of having a sword strike on fsmash to give it more use, but something modelled off this attack (functioning similar to Mario's fsmash) would look even better imo.

Unfortunately I'm almost certain this would require the use of articles which means it can't be done. RIP dark energy ball you could've been really cool.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Tourney coming up this weekend, got Vwins in my pool. Gonna be a bit scary to go up against the best person against Ganon in the world. Though the massive skill difference means I haven't got much of a chance regardless. lol rip.

Anyways, I shouldn't dwell on the ones beyond my league. Gonna focus on beating 3rd and 4th seed in my pool, I know I can beat them.

Bazkip

Smash Master
rip ever getting nair back and maybe someday actually getting a decent grab ;_;

Last edited:
Top Bottom