• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

CORY

wut
BRoomer
not really "jab1-jab2". more like "fast single kick". like, the first kick of nair, currently, but more endlag (so you can't just recreate current nair, but can get to a reasonable facsimille).

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
So, really goofy random idea: add 1 or 2 frames of hitbox to kick one if Nair, remove kick two entirely, let the end lag just be the normal nding of kick one, minus the startup of kick2.

Make lcancelled landing lag come out to, like, -2 or something (or maybe a bit more, u dunno, this isn't a well thought out ideaidea).

Now you can Nair once on a short hop, shirt hop double Nair, or short hop single Nair hair, or whatever other goofy things you can think of.

#badideas
what, so he'd flick out the first kick and immediately withdraw it without going to the second one? is there a Nair that exists like this with any other character in Project M?

I'd actually pay money to see this in at least a testing environment. sounds interesting.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It's probably look a lot like how lucas' fair does. You can have some funky nairs, tink's comes to mind.

Squints~.~

Smash Rookie
not really "jab1-jab2". more like "fast single kick". like, the first kick of nair, currently, but more endlag (so you can't just recreate current nair, but can get to a reasonable facsimille).
I guess the only thing that would kinda suck is the difference in coverage. The high kick covers the immediate space in front of Ganon above his waist and the low kick covers below it. Would you still keep the first kick as is or change the angle a bit, ideally?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
probably just first kick as it is. with my silly idea you could just nair-uair, as well, for higher coverage. uair's early hit isn't as safe on shield, from the hitbox thread, but if you were planning on just hitting a shield you can nair again for the theoretical -2, which is still entirely safe.

MerzA

Smash Cadet
Yooooo shoutouts to @ MerzA MerzA for the godlike losers run to place top 8 at a stacked IaB.
Who'd Umbreon play against you? If he lost as Sheik my sides will be launched into orbit.
Umbreon actually quit Project M singles and forfeit the tourney that day after he lost to Odds' Bowser with his sheik. He said he wasn't in the right mindset to play all day :\

We take those?

MerzA

Smash Cadet
Oh apparently Umbreon dropped out after losing to Odds, oh well.

But anywho @ MerzA MerzA is what you said about the reason for the 3.6 nair change being that it's 3.5 iteration was unintentional actually true? wtf.
And yeah, Strong Bad said that they didn't intend for the Autocancel window to be that big. No idea about why they nerfed the hitboxes though...

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Great Ganon news.

I went to a tournament at Penn State, where DJ Nintendo and The Moon showed up. I had The Moon in the pool. Guess who won?

Yup me.

He played Fox. I won game 1 as Marth, he won game 2. I CP'd as Ganon on warioware and won.

I proceeded to use Ganon on wario as a CP a couple of times. In the two bracket matches I lost, I always got the game 2 victory by CPing to Ganon on warioware. In winners I had to play Sora and his Marth, I 3 stocked him on that CP. In losers I played a Sonic who was really good with his movement, that match I got the W 1 stock low percent.

Yea so until the PMDT figure out how to make heavies competitively viable as solo-mains, Ganon is a CP character for me. I prefer him over Marth in a bunch of floaty MUs because the punish game is easier (altho this only applies as long as I'm not a top player) and floaties don't tend to have absurd DD camping abilities, so I may bust him for those too. But against characters that heavily rely on movement, Ganon on small stages is scary.

It's a shame I didn't beat the Sonic, if I did I would've had the run back vs The Moon for 5th.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
>sword moves inspired by twilight princess

and everything else ripped from Ike

I dunno man, I accept the fact that he's still low tier in the scope of PM things, but overhauling him to this extent is just too much. I've never liked these mods.

Yallo42

Smash Apprentice
@ Bazkip Bazkip I would love to have OoT Ganon voice and those alternate costumes. Also magic mode looks awesome.

@ GunBuster GunBuster It's not official, it's just a fun mod to play around with. I'm not sure what you mean by "everything else ripped from Ike".

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
@ Bazkip Bazkip I would love to have OoT Ganon voice and those alternate costumes. Also magic mode looks awesome.

@ GunBuster GunBuster It's not official, it's just a fun mod to play around with. I'm not sure what you mean by "everything else ripped from Ike".
I'm aware of that. It's just that some people seem to want this level of an overhaul on him officially, and completley disregard everything he's been and made his own in smash.

And by that, I mean that every other sword attack was basically Ike's.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Not to mention "let's give him three totally different movesets" is pretty dumb. There are some interesting aspects that could be taken from sections of those builds, but the answer to his woes isn't 3 builds at once ;x

Bazkip

Smash Master
I was looking at some old changelogs when something caught my attention
Project M 2.6b changelog said:
Forward smash's angles adjusted in damage, power, and trajectory so there is more reason to use them over up angled, while previously the move was superior in all 3 angles.
Neutral and down angled still seem completely pointless...

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I think the only real use of the regular/down angles is a DI mix up if your opponent is conditioned to DI the upwards one horizontally <_<

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yo wait we can dthrow Wiz Foot fastfallers (and presumably semi-fastfallers too)?

How did I never think of that
That's so good

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
so

just on the cosmetic side of things, would anyone object to the PMDT reverting to the fire/explosions effects on Ganon's Uptilt, but keep the move exactly the same as it is now in every other aspect? I kind of miss the satisfaction of a good read by dropping a firey foot. the lightning stomp just isn't as fulfilling IMO.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I don't mind fire vs. Electric, tbh. It might be a slight buff, due to less sdi frames, but the move itself is usually strong enough to almost outright kill, anyway, so I don't know how much it effectively changes.

Really, I want the 3.0 era stomp with the first rear kick tossing victims straight into the stomp >: D

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind having it revert back to fire/explosions.

And yeah I really miss 3.02 stomp. It fulfilled a unique role in neutral of catching enemies that got too close to you from behind. It still kind of does that but it's a lot less effective. The start up nerf is fine if they felt 3 frames was too quick, but I think the nerf to range and the trajectory was unnecessary. It's main role now is just another hard read move lol, as if Ganon had enough already

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Well, lightning vs fire difference causes actual gameplay differences due to hitlag modifiers present on electric element.

Though, they could maybe just make it light element instead... I think that's what they did with doc's fsmash...

Bazkip

Smash Master
Well, lightning vs fire difference causes actual gameplay differences due to hitlag modifiers present on electric element.

Though, they could maybe just make it light element instead... I think that's what they did with doc's fsmash...
They reverted Doc's fsmash back to electric.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
They reverted Doc's fsmash back to eletric.
Hrmmmm. That's odd. Well, who knows, then! I don't mind the idea of the aesthetic change (or dual aesthetics, costume dependent), though. Could be neat.

Would rather a hidden laugh taunt on dair, though >.>

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
PMDT why ;_;
They really should give him a better grab range... So many other characters with great grab ranges can also do multiple down throws in a row but only Ganon gets stuck with a ****ty grab range horizontally and even worse vertically! It's just frustrates me to watch...

I'm sorry man, I feel your pain.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bazkip Bazkip that ****ing head shaking in the gfy, that's exactly how it makes me feel.

Also I'm back I guess, I'm attending a PM tourney for the first time in months next saturday. What did I miss (apprently not the fixing of Ganon's grab range).

Doctor Aids

Smash Cadet

I'm like, almost 100% positive this is incorrect. They gave it the light effect and a different sound but then they reverted the sound back to electric but not the properties of the fsmash, such as hitlag and hitstun.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'm like, almost 100% positive this is incorrect. They gave it the light effect and a different sound but then they reverted the sound back to electric but not the properties of the fsmash, such as hitlag and hitstun.
so you're saying they made the attack element light, then gave it an electric sound effect?

Doctor Aids

Smash Cadet
so you're saying they made the attack element light, then gave it an electric sound effect?
Exactly
EDIT: I'm wrong lol Doc's fsmash actually does have different properties. Although it didn't say anywhere in the patch notes that they reverted the change so maybe it's unintended?

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Mario's dthrow was pretty dumb on a lot of the cast, though I don't know how much it's changed in 3.6f.

It wasn't quite as dumb, but he could set up for grabs a lot easier than ganon, due to fireballs and overall better mobility.

And it still works really well to set up killmove fair's at the important percents, a lot : /

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
like who?
Mario is one example already mentioned, also Marth and Shiek have good chain grabs. And other characters have much better mobility/faster allowing for better tech chases after throws than Ganon but unlike him actually have decent to good grab ranges that don't mess you over if the character your trying to grab is too short or crouching...

Either way I will take a range that actually fits Ganon's arms length like most of the cast who actually reach to grab the other character and one that isn't so bad it can't grab short/crouching enemies over a long chain grab down throw. A actually decent grab will also allow for Ganon to deal shield pressure better.

Top Bottom