• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Gingerham

Smash Rookie
I still think you can't go too wrong with a 5 frame move that'll potentially do 22% and is also safe on shield and auto cancels. It did lose a lot of use with the nerfs but I still wouldn't say it's bad, it's just worse.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Nair is good still, even in its neutered state.

• Non-committal with auto-cancel
  • 22% if both hits land
  • Decent combo starter on many characters
  • Gives good, rewarding, and safe platform coverage
  • Safe on shield
We can't just nair around in neutral anymore, and seeing Falcon's hitboxes makes me jealous as all hell, but it's still a decent move.

Definitely not the change we deserved or needed, but it's what we've got to work with so, y'know, try to make the best of it folks.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Video works for me, must hate Canadians or something. And that's a different song, but the same people. The one I linked is called "capture you"

Bazkip

Smash Master
Video works for me, must hate Canadians or something. And that's a different song, but the same people. The one I linked is called "capture you"
Huh, just says the video is not available, not that it's not available in my country.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Got 9th at an OOR tourney of 50 or so people. Lost round 1 and made the losers bracket run lmao.
Shouldn't have lost either of the sets I did though, nerves got the better of me for one of them, and the other one I tilted after taking game 1 solidly. RIP. Still trash at the mindset matchup.

Three of my other sets were close and I managed to keep it together and win, so I suppose that's something.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
forgive me, my ganon brothers, for i have sinned.

i'm picking up meatmetameat knight for a little while to see if i can improve my base game, then come back to the ganon with a better perspective of how the game works.

shouldn't be too hard to return. mk's alright, but not nearly as much fun as the dorf.

and this isn't a "hey guys, i'm on ganon hiatus, remember me fondly" bull**** post. i'll be around the same and answer questions the same, just focusing on a different character for a little while.

Bazkip

Smash Master
forgive me, my ganon brothers, for i have sinned.

i'm picking up meatmetameat knight for a little while to see if i can improve my base game, then come back to the ganon with a better perspective of how the game works.

shouldn't be too hard to return. mk's alright, but not nearly as much fun as the dorf.

and this isn't a "hey guys, i'm on ganon hiatus, remember me fondly" bull**** post. i'll be around the same and answer questions the same, just focusing on a different character for a little while.
You're dead to me

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Funny you would mention that: last night a local buddy came over and we got some practice in and he was mostly working on his wolf. Plenty of sideb suicides to go around : p

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Is that a Dtilt from Junebug ?

Also I'm back in the game tournament tomorrow baby !

I'm gonna miss half of my L cancels.

Bazkip

Smash Master
TIL grab misses Snake when he's planting a mine

uggghhhhhhh
About a year later I've discovered that jab also misses this

Can't wait until another year from now when I realize that dtilt somehow misses

Actually that reminds me, dtilt can miss DDD when he utilts lol

Sempai

Smash Ace
If anyone is looking for people to play, I have an active Smash Discord with several rooms for PM and Melee netplayers.
Also real time discussion, since this thread is a little barren :/

https://discord.gg/aQCwEDP

PM net play tournaments incoming, worth a look if you want to get some training in.

Top Bottom