• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Glitch - any ideas?

Toast

Smash Rookie
I apologize if there's already a thread about this, I searched as best as I could. If there is, link me and lock this.

Earlier today I was playing as snake and accidentally did something very strange. What I think it was is this: you know in those old Melee Perfect Control videos, when a character would jab>CC>jab>CC extremely fast? I guess there's an angle on the control stick where the game registers it as tilted when it checks control stick position after a move, but not otherwise, because I had the control stick pointed slightly down and a tiny bit back and either held or mashed A (I can't remember) - what Snake did was do just the first punch of his jab repeatedly extremely fast. I mean, probably 5 or 10 times per second.

I tried to recreate it, but I only got it to go twice in a row. I'm sure some o
f you people could play with any tools you have to research this further, and maybe if more is discovered this could become pretty useful.

EDIT:
Jesus christ. I know what happens when you hold A, that's not what I'm talking about.
I'll bring this back up when I get a video.

Toast

Smash Rookie
Edit: Whoops.

"What I'm describing isn't what you think I'm describing. I'm talking about a repeated jab animation that was ungodly fast and NOT anything like usual jab sequences - most likely not something intended by the programmers. I'm sure if you'll open it for discussion this can be cleared up."

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Now unless you could do that when your hitting somebody, it's the same thing that always happens. When you hold A and you hit someone, the whole combo goes through. If you could get that stupidly fast jab as an attack each time that would be ****.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

hold A

just try it, I guarantee that its what you're talking about.

Jesiah, do your thing :D

EDIT: crouch cancels don't exist in brawl, you're thinking of jab cancels

Toast

Smash Rookie
I know what happens when you hold A. That's not what I'm talking about.
The whole 'this guy has 3 posts, he doesn't know ****' doesn't apply here.
I'll come back when I get a video.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I think I know what you're talking about. I remember doing something like this a while back and only thinking, "That was weird."

Eazyseph

Smash Cadet
Cozmick to the rescue!
Snake mainers are queer sometimes lulz. Turning him down before he had a chance =/

Cozmick = too pro

Cosmick

Smash Apprentice
Ah. This. A thread about this was made a while back. Something about that being a jab lock. But with DI it's easy to get out of.

/thread
I figured as much. I just knew that this is what he was talking about.

Unlike the rest of YOU people. D:<

Panix

Smash Ace
I didn't say anything =P. I sort of knew that he wasn't talking about holding A. he was explaining it in a different manner. I'm sure my little brother could understand if you hold A that he spams his jab. but if he's posting about it trying to call it a "lock" then i'd think it'd be a different AT.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This is actually a very useful technique that I use often in tournament play, even vs good players. I'm glad I re opened this thread.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
looks pretty easy to get out of but i guess you could probably get away with doing it a few times.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It doesn't matter if it's easily DI'ed. It's great to pressure your opponents shield with this, along with a combination of F-tilt cancels. Too amazingly good, especially on wifi.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
If they roll behind you, it's a free Ftilt. I use it at the edge when I have them trapped next to the edge, to force a roll. If they try to do anything else, they get hit, and if they roll behind, they get Ftilted also. Keep in mind, you have to have perfect spacing to do this, as otherwise you will get shieldgrabbed. It's annoying when that happens.

xmisosoupx

Smash Cadet
actually... if i may correct you guys, toast did mention the jab was so fast that he can jab "5 to 10 times per second" and i do not think the jab lock possesses such speed.

Top Bottom