• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Fizz I want more matches with your blue pokemans dude. Also wtf at my Samus and Ganon doing better against your Jiggzies then my Sheikus in Melee-town.
2 Rests+1 game= Jiggs win (in this case)
Samus is just too floaty and campy and everything you hate to play against in melee.....

What I think is that his Wii is so used to Brawl that it cant handle melee for more than 10 minutes at a time:laugh: next time, one of us is bringing another copy.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
But Friday is the only day Fizzle can join us. Not sure how to remedy that - the only time Fizz can join is when Scribz can't. Unless Scribz drops work and Fizz drops school and I drop da bomb.

Switching between Brawl and Melee confuses me - think we could set it up for next quarter to be two days a week, one day Melee and one day Brawl? That would be for the bestest :D

EDIT: New controller is in! Prepare for destruction adversaries of the dig'em!

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Actually now that the Spring Season is officially in gear, my schedule is going to be difficult and a bit random. For instance, this week, I'm free Monday after about 1:15, but I have no time the rest of the week.

(WHO CAPPED MY POST COUNT!?!)

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Hmm. Well then there's no pressure to put either of the twice-a-week smashings on Friday when it's bad for Scribz. Lets keep Thursdays as one of them... Mondays the other?

I think I can smash this Monday if Scribz will be there with the wii&games - I'll be there at about noon, then Fizz can join when he gets here and good times will be had by all. Would that work for you guys? Hmm? Yes yes? I really wanna try out my new controller asap :D

Oh, and Fizz - you're not the only one with the post count locked.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
*sobs*

I wanna join...

Ah well, good games guys, and hopefully I'll see you guys again either on random thursdays or tournies (like Springfield or Columbus ones.).

Fizz... ****it, I will get that Lucario! GRAH!

Hmmm... Para, let's just blame that awesome Kirby gay on a bad controller ;)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
actually i am going to quit my job. im just simply not going to show up tomorrow because im tired of a ****ty boss that insults me for absolutely no reason. but im in class monday/wed from 9-10:15,1-3:15,5:30-845. and thursday from 1-3:45

in-between classes i'll play and i'll be able to play at other times for a while depending on how long it takes me to find another job. so I'll see how it goes. so as is right now I can play any day someone wants to come down to play minus tuesday night. just ask me if i can

also we dont get post count for posting in here, so that *may* be it

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Nope, Fromundamandamanadude, that Kirbiside was all you. You gave me fair warning about it and everything. No controller johns for that'un.

As much as your quitting helps me get more smashies, be careful about it - money is useful and stuff. Of course we all have limits to how much BS we can take.

Tomorrow I have nothing after noon. If I join Scribz at noon we can play for a bit, then Fizz can join in and smash with me a bit after Scribs leaves and then we can all smash for a bit after Scribs comes back.

That's kinda awkward and broken up but I'll be awesome with it if ya'll are.

I just wanna try my new controller out >.>

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Err, I got my time wrong - I'll be there at about 11:00AM, not noon. More time for smashies! Less time for sleep ):

Yeah if Fizz will be there to smash with me I'll definitely be there during the 1-3:15 that you'll have class. If he doesn't show or something (he didn't actually say he would, just that he doesn't have class) then no worries I stand guard over your stuff, just I'll be bored doing it. Maybe I'll practice my Melee tech to get back into shape.

SH, missile, drop, missile, SH, missile, drop, missile...

SH, fair, fair, LC, SH, fair, fair, LC...

drop, up-b, down, wait, drop, up-b, down, wait...

shine jump dair LC shine jump dair LC...

shine jump shine jump shine jump shine...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So am I!

*Disk read error*

Awwww....

On a side note, Ethan, despite my packing all my stuff up, I STILL managed to find time to find more SSBC bugs :laugh:

*sigh* You waited until I leave to quit your job? GRAH!
(Seriously though, what'd he do this time?)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And thus, I bid yee all farewell 'till we meet again (at which point, optimistically speaking, I'll be the best Kirby eva'! (Which, since Chu now plays Brawl+ only, seems somewhat feasible... >.< ). Realistically speaking though, I'll get my rusty *** ***** in some fun games :laugh: ).

Paradigm

Smash Ace
lol Fromududeguyman first time you're not here is also the first time I really felt I was going even-ish with both Fizz against his main and Scribs against his, AND it was the grand return of Fred who I used to smash with before I found you guys.

You're missing out sucks sadface oh well.

Also your location changed from Dayton to Akron O: It doesn't fit you, man. Dayton looks sexier on your info block thing.

So we're officially Monday and Wednesdays now?

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ummm... that's in Texas... we're in Ohio....
Dayton doesn't have reliable transportation, so sorry Slap, but I don't see that happening (even though it would be awesome.).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
ok he clearly posted this in like every thread in regional zones...I'm not convinced he expects a big turnout from OH

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Didn't really see that, but still... why the hell post it in the regional threads for a region halfway across the country?! Especially with the circuit events coming up!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
if i had a car why not. id love get some friendlies with dojo and phantomX. Heres to going OOS when i get a new car! (but first job XD)

anyone else besides me and fizzle going to C4?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
XD wow. theblueblade said he would be giving me a ride and if fizzle shows up on time i'll be teaming with him, but if not then idk? maybe a lvl 9 cpu?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Will the C9 have to pay his half of the entry fee? seriously
From my experience trying to team left hand and right, some tournies charge per team and some charge per player. Gotta ask the host directly. Some don't like the idea of one person getting twice the possible winnings and what not. Although if you can win on your own, I say you deserve it.

If you really want, though, you can usually find some random person to team with. Most big tournies have plenty of people who will gladly team if someone needs a teammate but won't go out of their way, so no one gets left out <3

Yay smash tomorrow <3

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
<3 for smash. I also got brawl+ 4.0 which is indeed sweeter than the last XD. but not too much of that tomorrow. we got a tourney sat. and the lvl 9cpu thing was a joke obviously, though it has been done before lol. im sure i'll find someone

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, Chu + CPU = team awesome.

Heh, I'll try to go and will team with you if needed/if I don't suck.
Seriously, if I start playing like I did Sat, then I'm not gonna take you down with me...
(Ugh... I could have won so many of those matches...)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Hey, it turns out I'll be free after 3:30 Thursday and all day Friday this week, so if anyone's up for a MWC Event practice session (I NEED to work on wolf vs snake), I'll be free. Yah, I've officially picked up wolf...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I can be there all day fri with ya fizzle I dont have anything else to do all day just give me a time and ill be there.i just hope you can stay a while

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, it wasn't just heebee jeebees... Hell I played better when I had them. That tourny just felt like a series of friendlies, so essentially my matches went like this:

-Kirby gay, I'm up a stock.
-Talk/**** around
-Realize I'm a stock down and wonder what happened.
[-CP Japes
-Learn that Diddy isn't so bad on Japes.]

Top Bottom