• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else notice in today's update, it says handicap has been included "until now," and it's being included in the game. Now, that's one reason why I think it's very stupid how people are discarding Ness so quickly when that is the only reason why most people think he will not be returning. Today's update has made it clear to me that Ness still has a chance, and that you should not expect him to be out just yet. ;)

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Did anyone else notice in today's update, it says handicap has been included "until now," and it's being included in the game. Now, that's one reason why I think it's very stupid how people are discarding Ness so quickly when that is the only reason why most people think he will not be returning. Today's update has made it clear to me that Ness still has a chance, and that you should not expect him to be out just yet. ;)
What are you talking about?

So until now, I’ve always made sure to include handicaps in each game in the series.

But, I began to think that there isn’t much thrill in just making yourself weaker, so I changed the system.
Yeah... once again:

Until now = change

there's a NEW handicap system. The old one is out.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
What are you talking about?

Yeah... once again:

Until now = change

there's a NEW handicap system. The old one is out.
well every character got changed in a way...doesn't bowser have power frames now? and every character has 3 taunts...maybe ness is still in but changed for the better...yes im just trying to make an argument :-p. but honestly the only way we'll know if ness is gone is when theres a new post saying NESS IS NOT GOING TO APPEAR IN BRAWL. until then he has a chance...jmo

blayde_axel

Smash Master
well every character got changed in a way...doesn't bowser have power frames now? and every character has 3 taunts...maybe ness is still in but changed for the better...yes im just trying to make an argument :-p. but honestly the only way we'll know if ness is gone is when theres a new post saying NESS IS NOT GOING TO APPEAR IN BRAWL. until then he has a chance...jmo
Either that, or we wait until Jan. 24th. So let's wait! yay!

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Ness is out Jesus Christ, people are ****ing deluded. It took me one time reading it to understand what it meant. He's changing the handicap system, why he used those words.

I will castrate myself and eat my left and right nut if Ness makes it into this game. He's as good as confirmed out.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ness is out Jesus Christ, people are ****ing deluded. It took me one time reading it to understand what it meant. He's changing the handicap system, why he used those words.

I will castrate myself and eat my left and right nut if Ness makes it into this game. He's as good as confirmed out.
I'm with you. I believe he's out, too...

But now I'm going to hold you to that 'castrate and eat your left and right nut if Ness is in Brawl' deal. ;)

Pikazilla

Smash Apprentice
If ness would be in brawl, he'll be a clone character. But so far, there are no clone characters, so ness doesn't have a hope in hell.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
If ness would be in brawl, he'll be a clone character. But so far, there are no clone characters, so ness doesn't have a hope in hell.
nooooo......they're similar....but they wont be clones....they'll only seem similar because of their special moves.....but they in fact WONT have the same move list....

watch Lucas' chance of having PK Love for his FS be over 90% XD

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
They changed Ness for the better. It's called Lucas.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Replace 'change' with 'ruin'. That's what us Ness fanboys are thinking. But I've made a decision. No more argueing. I want Ness in but it looks bleak. I'm going to stop argueing, but if Ness is confirmed be warned: you will never have children!

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
AARRRGH!!! *munch munch* Why did I say that on Smashboards!?! LOL

Yes, Ness should be in Brawl, but there is a very high chance that he won't, because Sakurai probably noticed how much people didn't like clones in Melee. So instead of making 25 characters with 6 clones, he's making 31 characters with no clones.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Replace 'change' with 'ruin'. That's what us Ness fanboys are thinking. But I've made a decision. No more argueing. I want Ness in but it looks bleak. I'm going to stop argueing, but if Ness is confirmed be warned: you will never have children!
Heh. Ness is my favorite videogame character, ever. He's the reason I bough SSB, yet, you don't see me whining. I mean, I *was* sad when Lucas was revealed, cause I had the feeling he was out since then. I've been coping, I guess.

But Lucas is a great character. It's not like Ness is being replaced by some random brat.

And if Ness is confirmed, party at my house ;) :laugh:

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
AARRRGH!!! *munch munch* Why did I say that on Smashboards!?! LOL

Yes, Ness should be in Brawl, but there is a very high chance that he won't, because Sakurai probably noticed how much people didn't like clones in Melee. So instead of making 25 characters with 6 clones, he's making 31 characters with no clones.
oh well look at the bright side.................oh i'm sorry their isn't a bright side

TheWildcard

Smash Champion

i'll hold you to it lawl

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
If Lucas is the new Ness, then we should embrace him. As long as he plays SIMILARLY to Ness, I'll love him. He doesn't have a bat, but look at his hair! It's amazing! He rides in on a coffee table and has a snake as a grapple. There could be both Ness and Lucas, but if there's just Lucas, then your all only going to make yourselves even more disapointed.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
If Lucas is the new Ness, then we should embrace him. As long as he plays SIMILARLY to Ness, I'll love him. He doesn't have a bat, but look at his hair! It's amazing! He rides in on a coffee table and has a snake as a grapple. There could be both Ness and Lucas, but if there's just Lucas, then your all only going to make yourselves even more disapointed.
so you like him more then ness?

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
As Mario once said, in a really ******** video:

"We were all born for what lies ahead, but we must not betray our friends...What would you do without ONLINE PLAY?! Would you let Reggie Phils take it away?! No! We will fight! In the darkest of times, there will be merciless sacrifices from the holiest of martyrs. But they'll live on in us! They may take away Ness and Pichu, but they will never take away our option to go in battle!"

Ness, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link.. it is sad to see you go. But it is what must be done! </extreme drama>

Ah well. No more Ness. I really never liked him anyway. O_O

Top Bottom