• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Hopeless

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not a n00b ROB that loses to MKs that made this thread, anyone think it's interesting that it's a top ROB that has beaten plenty of MKs overtime that made this thread?

It'sss ssssssoooooooo hopelessssssssss

M@v

Subarashii!
Imo byaa is just bad vs ROB, and doesnt know the matchup. The only matches Ive seen him lose are to ROBS. At Final smash 08 he only lost to a rob(GWJ) now chibo. I think the problem is he plays a super-patient style of mk. ROBs camping forces him out of his usual patient mode, since he cant eat lasers and gyros all day. He panics and doesnt know what to do. Just my hypothesis.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Fighting MK with R.O.B. is impossible (u knows vat I meanz).

Imagine Mk getting banned, take a look at the new tier list. My guess is that Wario will be 1st cause he has less counters then snake, and rob will go WAY UP because there is no threat of MK. Tourneys will be interesting because the people coming out on top wont be the people that are only good vs MK, but that are all around good.

EVERYBODY CHECK OUT THIS THREAD

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7984728&postcount=2820

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Ithrowthings aaaand....?

xD
He's probly 3 stocked oreo excel, jkip, and that one guy that went sonic at that one athens MWC event. There's seriously only a small handful of good sonic players out there. I'd say MalcolM, X, Espy, and Shugo could all beat OS and I should be able to after I get rid of this stupid mental block I have.

I think OS sometimes views the game from a ROB only perspective. MK destroys rob so MK needs to be banned. Sonic has a really hard time with ROB so sonic is a garbage character.

gantrain05

Smash Master
He's probly 3 stocked oreo excel, jkip, and that one guy that went sonic at that one athens MWC event. There's seriously only a small handful of good sonic players out there. I'd say MalcolM, X, Espy, and Shugo could all beat OS and I should be able to after I get rid of this stupid mental block I have.

I think OS sometimes views the game from a ROB only perspective. MK destroys rob so MK needs to be banned. Sonic has a really hard time with ROB so sonic is a garbage character.
Blanks sonic could totally pwn him too, really good sonic he just doesn't play him often. he's more a kirby main.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

You'll never win, ITT. Play a good character.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

No he 2 stocked me. I beat his ROB once with Fox but I'm sure he was sandbagging because he's OS. Also, I don't find ROB to be that hard.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd say MalcolM, X, Espy, and Shugo could all beat OS and I should be able to after I get rid of this stupid mental block I have.
Yeah, you really need to work on that -_-'

lol <3

That's how most High/Top tier mains view the game imo :/

MK = Hopeless

Also, I don't find ROB to be that hard.
If you're referring to Fox, then awesome.

If you're talking about Sonic, then you're a mad man. Or you know something that's beyond any other Sonic in this community.

/hope

:093:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
....I'll never understand you guys. Until I play a Metaknight that 3stocks me. XD

Seriously, I use ROB to COUNTERPICK against MK. Maybe it's because I like F-smashing him out of the Tornado. =P

Overswarm

is laughing at you
....I'll never understand you guys. Until I play a Metaknight that 3stocks me. XD

Seriously, I use ROB to COUNTERPICK against MK. Maybe it's because I like F-smashing him out of the Tornado. =P
If you have time to f-smash, he's doing it wrong.

Sudai

Stuff here
It's okay guys. It's been a while, but that doesn't change the fact that all of A2's post on any character board...ever...has been ********.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yeah, you really need to work on that -_-'

lol <3

That's how most High/Top tier mains view the game imo :/

MK = Hopeless

If you're referring to Fox, then awesome.

If you're talking about Sonic, then you're a mad man. Or you know something that's beyond any other Sonic in this community.

/hope

:093:

I'm talking about with Sonic. OS is a much better player than I but I didn't find his ROB to be anymore of a problem to Sonic than any other ROB I've played against.

Sudai

Stuff here
That's because OS isn't exactly a top ROB. He got that tourney forever ago and won money in the midwest, but that doesn't really show anything considering how long ago that was and how small of an accomplishment both really are.

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
Imo byaa is just bad vs ROB, and doesnt know the matchup. The only matches Ive seen him lose are to ROBS. At Final smash 08 he only lost to a rob(GWJ) now chibo. I think the problem is he plays a super-patient style of mk. ROBs camping forces him out of his usual patient mode, since he cant eat lasers and gyros all day. He panics and doesnt know what to do. Just my hypothesis.
This pretty much sums it up...I do have a hard time with Rob, and have little experience playing against him... Im not using this as an excuse for the a$$ beating that I received from Chibo and it indeed was an a$$ beating :laugh: I had one really bad match, but I dont think I am too terrible as the matches I had with him got progressively better....I had alot fun playing Chibo and enjoyed myself there regardless of my performance...I figure thats all that really matters or at least thats what Im going to tell myself to feel better lol.... anyway I know I still have alot to learn and one day Ill get there!

p.s. OS you should come to an akron smashfest sometime and teach me how to play brawl because as you said Im clearly bad and you would give me the rob experience that I desperately need:)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Don't bother. OS isn't that great of a ROB. Now this Fishy guy, I hear he's pretty good.

Sudai

Stuff here
OS isn't known for developing the ROB metagame. He's known for winning an online tourney the week the game came out. I wish people would stop confusing the two. All OS "developed" was mixing up laser and gyro timing to camp and that's pretty ****ed simple to figure out. Shortly after he "developed" ROB's metagme to that point (which he stayed at since, literally), he switched to MK to try to "prove a point" and thus left the development of ROB to people like Me, JCZ, Stingers, Fishy, HugS, Chibo, and t0mmy. All of which I feel are much better than OS. OS just got lucky with a WIFI tourney and the fact that he lives in the midwest where there's not **** for competetion.

Oreo, it's people like you spreading false rumors that really annoy me. :]

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
Well for one I was be extremely sarcastic...I do that a lot:) Unless he really wants to come play that's fine with me...I encourage it!....And I played Fishy at this same tourney as Chibo....He was very good....I barely beat him lol As far as Overswarms' skill level I've never actually played him in a singles match so I cannot give an accurate assessment lol...but I look forward to playing him sometime maybe if he is able to make it to the next Test Your Might near Cleveland...Hype!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I didn't see GwJ on that list Sudai. :(

OS plays his ROB like an online ROB, even when online.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
OS isn't known for developing the ROB metagame. He's known for winning an online tourney the week the game came out. I wish people would stop confusing the two. All OS "developed" was mixing up laser and gyro timing to camp and that's pretty ****ed simple to figure out. Shortly after he "developed" ROB's metagme to that point (which he stayed at since, literally), he switched to MK to try to "prove a point" and thus left the development of ROB to people like Me, JCZ, Stingers, Fishy, HugS, Chibo, and t0mmy. All of which I feel are much better than OS. OS just got lucky with a WIFI tourney and the fact that he lives in the midwest where there's not **** for competetion.

Oreo, it's people like you spreading false rumors that really annoy me. :]
Calm down Suadai dayum. The midwest has plenty of competition Anther,Lain,Judged,Bowyer,Shugo,Ally,Noj lol.

Sudai

Stuff here
Having a little bit of decent competition is a lot different than having a lot of good competition.

Sorry, Gw. I have horrid memory so I'm sure I missed at least a few more too.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Having a little bit of decent competition is a lot different than having a lot of good competition.

Sorry, Gw. I have horrid memory so I'm sure I missed at least a few more too.
Yo i was just stating what i heard. My bad if I was incorrect and FYI I dont see you winning tournaments here so before you say theres no competition come here and compete and see how well you do. K?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i need to train my wario hardcore, or just continue to stick to rob on mk
i pulled a hopeless again today

grand finals v an mk, won the neutral, got CP'd to delfino, switched to wario, lost, won the next two with ROB lol

idk why I hate delfino against MK. the walk offs really mess me up from his moves like upB, and water doesnt help. im bout to start banning delfino instead of cruise against MKs. discuss? i think rob might be better off on cruise in the matchup.

i havent played any pro mks in a while :/
its disheartening, cause at the rate im at within a month il think rob beats mk lol

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Chibo, MK is mad gay on delfino. I usually ban that or cruise anyway. My only problem with cruise is when MK gets "ahead" of ROB in terms of the stage moving, so that ROB has to move forward>ROB is approaching in the air without lasers/gyros>ROB gets Shuttle Looped and gimped. You can also get some pretty gay stuff on MK there though, like early kills off the top or punishes from bad shuttle loops/tornados.

I hate playing MK on delfino too though, because it's a good stage for him since he can shark with upair/tornado/shuttleloop from below, and dair camping (which sucks to deal with anyway) gets even worse if you're ever near water.

I lost to an MK (Doom) in tourney today after I won a $1 teams MM against him...then had to drop out of losers because the tourney was so far behind that my ride back had to leave while we were all still in...Discuss =\. I met JG Wentworth though =)

I really feel like I should/could have beaten him though. I was doing lulzy things like... attempting to UPsmash MK (lol UPSMASH?) and not getting out of tornados quickly enough. It was just a dissapointing run for me, something I'll have to either improve upon really soon or pick up a secondary. I don't like saying it's hopeless but it's not pretty.

Top Bottom