• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Islander Cards & Comics Tournament - ICCT2 - Saturday, September 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Dguy and Islander Cards and Comics presents : ICCT2

The first ICCT was an excellent success. The second one will of course be better.

Other info: Things like heat and such will be less of an issue this time due to running the AC more and bringing a couple fans.

**IMPORTANT**

The owner was complaining about starting on time as his biggest issue for the last one. I am going to have to urge everyone who plans on attending this to do their absolute best to arrive on time. We will not be able to delay the start of this tourney by any margin. Please figure out how long it will take your group to get here and leave on time.

The information:

Where:

Islander Cards & Comics
2096 North Courtenay Parkway
Merritt Island, FL 32953
321-452-4225

The building is in a small shopping plaza near a local church. The building itself is a bit smaller than the Gigabits building, but it is large enough for 20-30 people, so an average sized turnout is expected.

Refreshments are sold in store. There are also plenty of places to eat in the area. Mcdonalds, Burger King, Checkers, Wendys, Pizza Hut, ect...

When:

Saturday, September 8th
Registration starts at 10AM. Doubles will begin at 11AM. Singles will start one hour after doubles finishes.

Prices:

The owner only wants to take out 15% of the pot. So it will be 70/20/10 for both singles and doubles of the remainder of the pot.

2v2 $20 per team
1v1 $15 per person

Rules:

The good rules.

BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)

-4 stock, 8 mins matches
-2/3 sets; 3/5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
-items off
-team attack on
-life stealing allowed
-Dave's stupid rule: a stage can't be played more than once in a match, either by random select or by picking
-stage banning: Each person/team knocks out one stage for entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-mutual banning: If all players agree to ban a counterpick level, they may ban said level from their set while retaining their original individual bans.
-mutual allowing: If all players agree to play on a certain stage as a random or counterpick, they may play on that stage even though it is otherwise banned.
-advanced slob picks: Losing player(s) choose(s) the next stage or random, winning player(s) choose(s) character(s), then losing player(s) choose(s) character(s).
-double blind pick may be called at the beginning of each set.

neutral stages:
Final destination, Pokemon Stadium, Kirby's dreamland, Yoshi's story, Fountain of dreams, Battlefield

counter pick stages:
Any stage that isn't banned and any of the neutrals

Banned stages: you know what stages are banned

Stuff to bring:

We need TVs and Cubes primarily. Please bring your cubes, as there is no greater waste than having a TV without a cube connected to it. Everyone who has a TV that they can bring, go ahead and bring it if possible. Also, we can always use power strips and extension cords, a lack of these was a terrible hindrance last time.

One more note: If any of you guys have any small and portable fans, they could be put to use.

Attendance

1. Dguy
2. Eckyx3
3. Momo
4. Garudo
5. RFX
6. Vijin
7. Hiroshi
8. XYZ
9. BAMN
10. Zoro
11. Raistlin?
12. Smashplayer16
13. Col Bol
14. Hazzard
15. Angry Lobster
16. Random Locals
17. Xoff
18. Bedfellow
19. c-po
20. Pritch?
21. HungryBox
22. Ted Boosley
23. QDVS
24. Fabulous
25. Pasqual

Short and simple: An awesome smash tourney. Come to it.

vericz

Smash Champion
1st post?? And this thread was posted way before i got home.

I won't be making this but I hope you get a decent turnout. Be sure to let the ppl who are going to kinetix know cause that place is trash

Edit: I hate oscillating fans while I play games. It burns my eyes and blows my hair into my face. But it don't matter cause I wont be there. . . work is doodoo

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I am hoping I can get a good turnout as well. I am hoping that only posting this a week in advance is enough time.

We don't need fans blowing on people, but just to circulate air. Last time, one side of the building was 70 degrees and another was close to 90.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Good news for ICCT2

Just called Kinetix, and they said that they dropped all their SSBM Tournies.
So I guess, ICCT2 it is guys...
See you there!

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Hey crew anyone wanna go to this?

Ryan, if you go, I'll team with you if you want.

If my crew doesn't want to go, I might be able to get my parents to take me, and if that happens, Brian, wanna team?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
yeah colin I plan on going...
So far its just me and Andy... if i dont get the day off, then im only going for doubles because then I would have to be at work by 5.
so yeah.... i'll keep you updated

MoMoRollin91

Smash Rookie
This Is The One An Only Great Momo, Those Who Do Not Come To This Tourney Are Considered Noobs.

MoMoRollin91

Smash Rookie
The terrors will be unbelievable, far worse then one could imagine, listen to me or pay the price. MWUAHAHAHAHAHA

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Its confirmed, I'll be going to this, TNT. Strap yer bootz.
:tnt:

dguy6789

Smash Lord
One more thing. If anyone has any match recording technology on hand, it would be most excellent if they could bring it.

MoMoRollin91

Smash Rookie
That mysterious guy that is known for being a **** is going, SO BRING EXTRA OWNAGE FOR HIS FACE!

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Aren't you a little young to be soliciting for sex on the internet?

How much you chargin?
hahahahahahaha that was too good rohins!! i laughed hardcore

i thought i was the only one who noticed the similarity with his smash name and the term "smash box"

and cash mooney obviously didnt get the joke

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
If I go to this (which I probably will), it'll be a crazy ****in day. Wake up early to drive to Merritt Island, smash for 8 hours, go home, go to friend's party in Gainesville (get ****'d up), go home, sleep, go to work at 11:30 AM. HELL YEAH.

Also, I need a teammate. Juib is teaming with Det.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom