• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I tried to do it (the exact combo) for a little while and couldn't.

Although I blame the fact that I was on EMULATOR (where tech skill heavy tasks like "turning around" are difficult).

Oh yeah Star King - you might THINK you're trolling battlecow successfully, but unless you can bring up thermite residue it's just not up to par.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Oh yeah Star King - you might THINK you're trolling battlecow successfully, but unless you can bring up thermite residue it's just not up to par.
That reminds me of the conversation some of us had a long time ago in malva's livestream chat about the many ways of trolling Battlecow. Remember that? Good times.

AlanCiTuAndPope20

Smash Journeyman
Isai... has already gone to Cuzco with PedroMiguelHR... It is said that Isai will go to Tacna and Arequipa too.. then he wll go back to Lima, stay a few days and return to USA. He played GaLanCiTu yesterday around 12 friendly matches.. Both will record..when he comes back... No answers about results =)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm untrollable, *****es. Get at me.

Also, I'm unbelievably hyped for the friendlies between Galan and Isai. No 12 character battle though?

Battlecow

Play to Win
LOL. No it doesn't.

STOP DERAILING MY THREAD ******* AAAAAAAAAAARGH UGH I HATE YOU SO MUCH ANGEEEEEEEEEER

Also Galan said no results.

Which means he's trying to forget it.

Alcohol helps, Galan. Alcohol helps.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
isai vs alancitu already happened after such a long time, it is a big deal, tournament or not! more exciting to watch the vids without knowing the results =)

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
Hahahah you americans should know what really happened.. According to Pedromiguelhr, and others... Isai played Galancitu around 12 matches... on Friday 29th at 8:00 pm. They didn't record anything since they just played friendlies for fun.. Anyway they would have recorded all the matches since you americans should know that Galancitu won all the matches.You could ask PedroMiguelHR and his friends who saw every match they performed.. You can even ask Isai about it....
As much I know Isai played his Yoshi, Link, Mario and Jigglypuff... and all of them were destroyed by Galancitu's peruvian falcon. Isai was even 3rd stocked in some matches according to some sources. Maybe nobody of you.. will believe this since none of the matches were recorded but there were around five people who saw the complete matches
You could also ask Isai about it if you have any doubt.. That's weird since I asked Galancitu about that and he said Isai didn't play seriously.... since they didn 't record anything..

Now, I ask you guys.. when hasn't isai played seriously? As everyone knows Isai has never stopped playing seriosly so I just told Galancitu that the simple answer would be that his Falcon ***** those isai's chars and Galancitu just said.. hm.. Let's see what happens when we record ok?

Let's see what happens when Isai plays Tacna players :D

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
This is the moment when I ask you americans.. what would you do if Isai lost ?? would you cry? would you commit suicide? or maybe some of you would continue with your lives affirming that Isai is still the best¿

TJ.

Smash Cadet
This is the moment when I ask you americans.. what would you do if Isai lost ?? would you cry? would you commit suicide? or maybe some of you would continue with your lives affirming that Isai is still the best¿
You wouldn't cry?

voorhese

Smash Master
this one time, i 2v1'd mango and armada and jv 5 stocked em...wasnt recorded though, my vcr was ****ed up

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
A complete upset against the person recognized as the greatest for years would be exciting more than anything.

I don't think it is going to happen though.

[EDIT]: In Tacna I mean, at some point it will happen.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
SmashProPlayer is not lying. Alan did in fact dominated those friendly matches. Surprising since, before Isai confirmed the date of his flight, Alan didn't play smash for almost a year or so (According to him, the last time he played was when he uploaded his latest video to youtube). Anyway, we'll see how it goes when Isai goes back to Lima and record their matches.

I hope Isai is enjoying his trip and his matches against our top players :D

Vamos Peru! No dejen que Isai se vaya con una mala impresion de nuestra tierra!

Que viva el Peru!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Sangoku, there's a difference between making an absurd analogy to prove a point, and saying that you beat Harry Ponting.

Did you also create the universe? Perhaps you sculpted every human being in existence with your own hands. Maybe you can actually believe it's not butter. You should've said one of those, those are more plausible examples.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I'd love to see some footage! All this hype and no videos, it is kind of disappointing so far.

Of course us Americans would be sad to see Isai fall, but overall it would be great for the smash community. I don't think that suicide is going to be one of my options, I was thinking of just doing a little bit of cutting and just stop there.

coastercrazy10

Smash Rookie
Considering Boom beat Isai's Yoshi and Luigi at Genesis 2, yet Isai can still beat Boom when he plays with top tier characters, beating Isai's Yoshi/Puff doesn't say anything about how well Galan's falcon will fare against Isai's falcon, fox, kirby, etc. If in fact those posts are true, then it's amazing that there is more extremely high level competition, but I don't think anyone can conclusively say who is better until there is some footage of serious matches between the two. I like reading the hype but I'm withholding judgment for some filmed matches.

xx0EleMenT0xx

Smash Apprentice
The big question is who chose to just play friendlies for now and not to record matches until later? My guess is that it was alan because he probably wanted to be Peru's last hope if isai destroyed tacna.

:phone:

Renth

Smash Hero
Why do you keep saying you americans about everything? Honestly I don't care if Isai gets 5 stocked every game. If you guys are better than him then props to you, if he's better well then who cares?

The Star King

Smash Hero
This post makes me think you're trolling. I would have believed you otherwise >_>

Even if it's true, though, I still don't think Galan's the best, unless Galan beats Isai's Pikachu.

And I 100% agree with Renth. IDK about people like Battlecow, but I didn't think Isai will win because I'm sure the US is the best, or because I'm a fanboy. I thought he will win because he's ridiculously good. It's as simple as that. I'm tired of foreigners instantly assuming that all Americans are patriotic.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
This post makes me think you're trolling. I would have believed you otherwise >_>

Even if it's true, though, I still don't really care unless he beats Isai's Pikachu.
That is what I am waiting for. If Isai's pika goes down, then Peru is an oasis of smash come to rescue the game from complacent Americans/Europeans. Otherwise it is still "Isai is too good."

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol at all these butthurters and noobs trying to be cool by pretending not to care. OK, guys, find a different place to say it. This is a HYPE thread.

Look, if Galan beats Isai, it will be a fairly serious deal to me. No, I won't commit suicide, but I'll be somewhat excited and a little bummed 'cause I love America and I play too much SSB. SmashPro obviously loves his Peru (or just hates America lol) so there's a little country-on-country rivalry here. All cool. But what I don't accept is that beating Isai's Link or Jiggs makes you better than him.

So what I'm saying is:

Isai. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease play some serious matches against Galancitu and the Tacnians. I know you don't care, but we kinda do. It just seems... uncool to leave the "who's better?" question unresolved. Do a 12-character battle or whatever, at least.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I find it funny how Peru is getting so much more hyped about them "winning" then we are about the whole subject in general. I'm going to go ahead and say if Isai did lose those matches, it doesn't matter anyway because of the characters he played. His Pikachu is a boss and until he gets his Pikachu wrecked, he still has the belt. I'm not saying this because I'm an Isai fan, but simply because I have yet to see actual proof of someone wrecking his top tier characters. He's probably just adjusting to the playstyles with weird characters or just trolling you guys overall. We'll see when the videos come, though. If Alan is better, this will be a surprise way more then an upset. I don't think I'd be upset at all, to be honest.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think you're using "upset" incorrectly in terms of Isai vs Alan.

IMO it would be an upset if isai lost...but i would not be upset (in the least :p)

Upset in terms of competition simply means the person who was thought to have the higher chance of winning, lost.

I do agree with the pikachu statement though. And for "when has isai not tried" see Genesis 2.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I do agree with the pikachu statement though. And for "when has isai not tried" see Genesis 2.
Considering how gay boom played (sorry to say), dunno why he didnt pick his best chars...

And i think he DID try.
Why when isai doesnt do that good he is automatically not trying? Players arent machines, sometimes they do very good, sometimes they dont do that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom